The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

GothicSkies

A Question regarding MDD Height (Finished)

GothicSkies

(This is the finished version of another topic)

Hey everyone, so i have a question and i hope you guys that own a Mini Dollfie Dream can help me.

So i plan to get a Mini Dollfie Dream doll, i have dreamed of owning one since January 2022 and im gonna slowly try to get the doll piece by piece.

I could not use the "Insert Image from URL" do to not knowing how to do it all.. so go to the link below for the photos.
Photos of Box

So i got this box, its an Oculus box that my mother gave me, its 16.3/8" in Inches, i plan to use it for the doll, although i may turn it into sort of a bed lol.

I plan to get a MDD body with small bust with a DDH-27 head (So i dont need to sand off lips)

My question is simple.. will the doll fit in the box or will it be too big.. and show how much larger the doll will be to the box if it is too big for the box.

Any help and information to help will be appreciated greatly! ^w^'

battrastard

Just took some quick measurements of both Tana and Llenn.( no pics, sadly, Flickr! hates using my phone camera!) 

Tana is an MDD f3 body with an SQLabs "Tsubaki" head, and stands 17 1/4 inches barefoot.

Llenn is an MDD f3 "Rena Ryugu" character model "reshelled" as Llenn from Sword Art Online Alternative: "Gun Gale Online".. Llenn stands nearly 17 3/4 due to the height of her boots. 

So, both are slightly higher than your box. 

You could put your Kiddo in a slightly crouching position, kinda "scrunch" her a bit to fit, maybe. 

Edited by battrastard

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

ragnamuffin

The MDD base body comes in a clear box that should be long enough to house the entire doll + head, so there’s no need to find another box unless you are unable store it in a dark place away from the light and thus need an opaque covering.

• Like 1

GothicSkies
On 8/27/2022 at 11:30 PM, ragnamuffin said:

The MDD base body comes in a clear box that should be long enough to house the entire doll + head, so there’s no need to find another box unless you are unable store it in a dark place away from the light and thus need an opaque covering.

(Sorry for late reply, i did not notice that anyone said anything lol)

I actually did not have the box cause of the light issue, it was mainly so i have somewhere to put her if we have to go somewhere for longer than a day.

I did not know anything like that, I mainly planned on her being on my desk, its next to a window that has a black out curtain so ima definitely take that into note when i get the head and body.. (I usually have Christmas lights always on however, its a fear of the dark and sometimes have my main light on).

Curious question tho, what would be effected if the doll was in the light?

GothicSkies
On 8/27/2022 at 6:00 PM, battrastard said:

Just took some quick measurements of both Tana and Llenn.( no pics, sadly, Flickr! hates using my phone camera!) 

Tana is an MDD f3 body with an SQLabs "Tsubaki" head, and stands 17 1/4 inches barefoot.

Llenn is an MDD f3 "Rena Ryugu" character model "reshelled" as Llenn from Sword Art Online Alternative: "Gun Gale Online".. Llenn stands nearly 17 3/4 due to the height of her boots. 

So, both are slightly higher than your box. 

You could put your Kiddo in a slightly crouching position, kinda "scrunch" her a bit to fit, maybe. 

(Sorry for the late reply, i did not notice that anyone said anything)

Thank you, i already kinda figured that since my father said that 15/16" (A measurement i conjured up via another person on Twitter) is a lil bigger than the box.. but i wanted to be sure. ^w^'

However thanks for the tip regarding posing her to fit.. i.. honestly was not thinking that lol

ragnamuffin
4 minutes ago, GothicSkies said:

Curious question tho, what would be effected if the doll was in the light?

The vinyl will yellow if exposed to ultraviolet light for extended periods of time. See this thread for more detail:

GothicSkies

Ah, thank you for the heads up, i knew already that the Resin eyes will yellow overtime, but not Vinyl (Again im new) but dont worry, i only plan to take her outside for photos and to show others for a brief moment before bringing her back inside, i will know tho to keep her furthest away from the window when she is completed (And ima prob keep the head in some small box until i paint it, and even then afterwards i will put it back once done.. although it will come outside for brief moments to spray it with MSC just as a safety pro-caution for me and my family..^w^'