Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

plasticyears

Dollfie Dream Frieren

Oculae

The suitcase is not included, apparently. Dirty teases...

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

finnleo

"*Bag not included."

riiiiight... but it still might be a accessory item sold separately, dont seem to recall volks making anything like it before.

Xiongmao

I need to check our Frieren but I'll probably wait until we've concluded SAO.

I did notice Toho studios uploaded a Frieren video a couple of days ago. I've no idea what it was for though as it was all in Japanese.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Monty

I was a bit surprised by her face sculpt… I know a lot of people complain when dolls look too young compared to the character they’re meant to be, but I think she actually looks too mature…? It’s really nothing like I expected. But that’s just my opinion based on the one photo.

• Like 2

HK47

Why did you have to show a picture of her.

Now I want it. 

Give it to me I must have it Precious treasure  I deserve it.

• Haha 1

Veravey

I have to say, I haven't been this in love with a release announcement in a very, very long time. I think I'm going to try to do everything I can to make it for her pre-order.

Do we have a date or any information/speculation yet?

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Monty
25 minutes ago, Veravey said:

Do we have a date or any information/speculation yet?

Dolpa is on the 10th of December which is interesting because it’s usually much later and closer to Christmas. The web sales are typically 2 weeks after Dolpa, and the placement of Dolpa has always resulted in that being in January, but this time it might actually be on the Christmas weekend. I’m assuming she’s a clickwar release but nothing is concrete until November Volks News.

re: her face, it’s not so much her small eyes as the shape of her sculpt. Her face in the art and anime is very round, so I was surprised to see she doesn’t look that round at all in this pic. But it is just one angle after all, and it’s zoomed out enough that it’s hard to make out details.

Edited by Monty
  • Thanks 1

Pucca5

I’m not into the series but she looks very pretty and promising so far!

Veravey
30 minutes ago, Monty said:

Dolpa is on the 10th of December which is interesting because it’s usually much later and closer to Christmas. The web sales are typically 2 weeks after Dolpa, and the placement of Dolpa has always resulted in that being in January, but this time it might actually be on the Christmas weekend. I’m assuming she’s a clickwar release but nothing is concrete until November Volks News.

Thanks Monty, you're a gem. I'm going to make this my first clickwar~ <3 

Any tips for a newbie? If it doesn't work out, I'm sure I'll find her on Manda or so.

PolitelyNefarious

Help. Why must I be unemployed, with no good job prospects in sight? I was hoping she would be a normal preorder too. Her sculpt does reflect the original style nicely, at least in a Volks way. More pictures will be the final judge, but right now she's looking lovely.

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

BeyondTime

Just a reminder that images and text from the GL/VS/VIP only press releases are not permitted to be republished here or anywhere else. 

From the Guidelines:

Authenticity and Copyright
You may not post content that infringes on others' intellectual property rights without their permission.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

plasticyears

She is very pretty, but something about her expression doesn't seem Frieren to me? Maybe it's the eyes, but I'd like to see more photos. 

puxlavoix
16 hours ago, finnleo said:

The... stupid... eyeliner... stuff... continues...

Don't tell me about it...

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

finnleo
1 hour ago, plasticyears said:

but something about her expression doesn't seem Frieren to me?

Flatpan characters are a bit difficult. Frieren probably especially since she has those hilarious playfull moments where just gives a glint of a smile or whatever suitable expression to go with the sticky situation she ends in.

The eyeliner shinenigans make her eyes look sleepy and not stoic in my oppinnion, and personally im sort of wondering how difficult it would be to open the holes up to the edges of the paintwork.

• Like 1

Oculae
10 hours ago, Veravey said:

Any tips for a newbie? If it doesn't work out, I'm sure I'll find her on Manda or so.

First tip, don't bother with Manda if you want her quick, keep an eye on YJA! Mandarake relies on owners selling their dolls to them, and most people will try YJA or Mercari first for a new release with a lot of demand.

As for clickwar tips...preparation is key. Make sure you're logged in on Volks JP, and that your credit card is registered and ready to go before the clickwar starts, as every page you have to click through to buy her is another chance for the site to kick you out. The fewer pages you go through, the better. (You CAN use PayPal for clickwar stuff, but it does add another page that might cause you problems, so a direct credit card payment is preferred. Call your bank beforehand if you're worried they'll reject the payment since it's a direct one.)

If the site does kick you out, as long as you weren't in the middle of paying you should refresh the page you're on, don't try to start over. Again, fewer pages to go through. If you were in the middle of paying, hit the back button once to take you to the page before you pay, and then refresh that one, just to be sure that you don't accidentally authorize them to buy this doll like ten times. 😅

Lastly, be patient! The last clickwar I was in took me an hour to finally check out, and I was just clickwarring for clothes. (DON'T clickwar for clothes btw unless you're REALLY sure they'll sell out during the war. Clothes usually aren't sold out after the initial rush passes, and it's not worth the stress!) Have a good seat and a drink and snack handy, and keep your stress to a minimum. You're not going for the Vocaloid, so it's likely there'll be plenty of Frierens in stock to keep up with demand! And if not, there's usually a second wave of restocks, so set a restock alert if you do miss her.

(Also, sorry for the image post earlier, mods! I remembered and only posted the link to the GL blog, and then promptly forgot that my image comparison uses the forbidden pic. Whoops!)

• Like 4

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Oculae said:

(Also, sorry for the image post earlier, mods! I remembered and only posted the link to the GL blog, and then promptly forgot that my image comparison uses the forbidden pic. Whoops!)

No worries, and we do realize some folks get this stuff off of Twitter or Facebook, and have no idea Volks forbade sharing it. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

bahboh

Sorry, i'm a little bit of a noobie in clickwars, but do you need to be a volks GL member first. And if so, how long does it take to apply?

Edited by bahboh

finnleo
32 minutes ago, bahboh said:

clickwars, but do you need to be a volks GL member first. And if so, how long does it take to apply?

In frierens case no. just have a customer account ready at Volks Int by the time the Dolpa50 after event rolls out.

the only GL exclusive thing is just the ability to get a early sneak peek at how the doll looked. although with GL there also the frequent shopper points if you are into such things.

• Thanks 1

Veravey
7 hours ago, Oculae said:

If you were in the middle of paying, hit the back button once to take you to the page before you pay, and then refresh that one, just to be sure that you don't accidentally authorize them to buy this doll like ten times. 😅

Thank you, sweetheart~ <3 

Is this a full upfront payment? I remember reading on another thread somewhere that the full amount is authorized or something? Depending on the type of preorder it is? This may have been in one of the Icon threads as I was following their release fairly closely. And if so, what should I budget based on historical release experiences?

Is shipping requested when they are about to deliver? I'm in Canada but have somewhere I can ship to in the USA, any recommendations on either? My partner lives on the West Coast.

And sorry, am I registering on Volks Intl or Volks JP? I'm not concerned with collecting Volks shopper points as I have, and likely will continue to, order very infrequently from them directly.

Monty
58 minutes ago, Veravey said:

Thank you, sweetheart~ <3 

Is this a full upfront payment? I remember reading on another thread somewhere that the full amount is authorized or something? Depending on the type of preorder it is? This may have been in one of the Icon threads as I was following their release fairly closely. And if so, what should I budget based on historical release experiences?

Is shipping requested when they are about to deliver? I'm in Canada but have somewhere I can ship to in the USA, any recommendations on either? My partner lives on the West Coast.

And sorry, am I registering on Volks Intl or Volks JP? I'm not concerned with collecting Volks shopper points as I have, and likely will continue to, order very infrequently from them directly.

It’s hard to answer these without knowing the exact release details, and there’s a chance of some difference due to Dolpa50 being ‘special’ so this could all be wrong, but for typical releases like this, payment including shipping is upfront. It’s really hard to guesstimate prices recently and a lot depends a lot on the license and whats included but I typically bydget around 70,000 jpy and hope to be pleasantly surprised. Using a recent release with a big staff included as a reference, Megumin was 72000 with tax included, which international customers don’t pay, so she was around 65000 (plus some additional handling fees, although these never seem to be as much as the 10% jp tax).
I am not sure why you’d need to ship her to the US first though, unless you’re trying to avoid customs fees.

Also Volks Int and Volks Jp are not separate, they are the exact same site. 

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Veravey
1 minute ago, Monty said:

I am not sure why you’d need to ship her to the US first though, unless you’re trying to avoid customs fees.

This exactly, and shipping amounts. I could pick her up next time I visit.

And thank for the clarification on Intl and JP!

Epona

I really hope she'll be an easy release to get! I noticed so much Frieren merch and I was so surprised since I was clocking in that there was only a manga still - just realized the anime came out, which explains all the merchandise, although it's a really quick turn around. XD 

finnleo
9 hours ago, Veravey said:

I can ship to in the USA, any recommendations on either?

im not 100% sure how volks jp/int goes about cases where shipping adresses dont match what your trying to pay with, especially if your a first timer. I believe at least the big Paypal no-no is having different payer and delivery information?

However since you're in north america you do have a possible plan B if Volks USA gets a quota of dolls typically some time later of the jp/int sale.

BeyondTime
On 10/15/2023 at 12:55 AM, finnleo said:

im not 100% sure how volks jp/int goes about cases where shipping adresses dont match what your trying to pay with, especially if your a first timer. I believe at least the big Paypal no-no is having different payer and delivery information?

However since you're in north america you do have a possible plan B if Volks USA gets a quota of dolls typically some time later of the jp/int sale.

I think they did recently add some new rules about identity related things matching, but I can't recall the details so I don't remember which identity elements were newly required.

This is from Anya's page, but the restrictions will probably be very similar for all their doll releases.

In addition, we cannot accept delivery to a person other than the registered person. Please note.

Reservations made using a credit card in the name of another person will be canceled.
Please confirm in advance that your membership registration name and credit card name match.

You cannot transfer your purchase rights to a third party other than you or change your name.

If VOLKS transaction restrictions, the purchase right will be invalid even after making a reservation. (Not quite sure how to interpret this bit of machine translation, but it may be meant to mean 'break our rules, your purchase is null and void.')

finnleo
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

If VOLKS transaction restrictions, the purchase right will be invalid even after making a reservation. (Not quite sure how to interpret this bit of machine translation, but it may be meant to mean 'break our rules, your purchase is null and void.')

Dunno how much do I want to apply my knowledge to that, since it seems like a minorly funky line, but the scary interpretation would be that if you mess around and Volks applies transaction restrictions on your account the order will be null and void, even if the issue happens after making the order for Anya in this case.