Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

plasticyears

Dollfie Dream Frieren

Beani

I would recommend people err on the side of caution when ordering from Volks JP/international at least. Volks seem to have gotten a lot more particular with identity issues lately. My partner and I share an account and I preordered Yors outfit using my card but his name was on the shipping address (address otherwise matches billing address perfectly).

I almost got a heart attack when they emailed near the items release asking for reasons as to why the name didn’t match. The wording sounded like they were one step away from cancelling the order, even though we have a long history with that account and even the card used.

In the end we jumped through the hoops and the order shipped but if anything had been off I expect they would have canceled (so trying to ship to a forwarder or something for instance). We only use my partners card now (they explicitly told us to never use mismatched info again).

So always be sure to have everything matching to avoid trouble and possibly losing orders. Even being a regular customer probably only stopped an immediate cancellation in my case but they would have canceled had we not proven everything was above board. 

Edited by Beani

Xiongmao

If Frieren is a Dolpa/Clickwars doll then it will probably be quite straightforward to find her on YJA. I obtained Yor and Ciel that way.

There was a markup of course.

Look out for some sellers selling a bundle of doll + alternative outfit. These can go for really attractive prices. I don't know if Frieren has an additional outfit though.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

yin8012

sad that her face is not round enough and looks too mature :(

BeyondTime
19 minutes ago, yin8012 said:

sad that her face is not round enough and looks too mature :(

I think you will always have some compromises with head sculpts, if nothing else a vinyl head has to work within physics in a way that a drawing doesn't, and the aesthetics of the features has to work in 3D. I'm guessing they pick and choose which features of the character they must have in the final product, and then figure out how to feng shui them together on the rest of the head. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

miraclelovely

oh, are there any photos available publicly for non VIP members?

BeyondTime
32 minutes ago, miraclelovely said:

oh, are there any photos available publicly for non VIP members?

I think they release around the 6th of November. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

miraclelovely
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I think they release around the 6th of November. 

i saw 'em on myfigurecollection!! ^_^ im honestly disappointed by how little it looks like her LOL

• Like 1

GlassWisteria

I don't know anything about the series, but Feiren is cute! I like more mature faces and I don't tend to get dolls from specific series so I'll likely try to get it just for the head and commission someone for a new faceup. I'll get a DD body to replace since I don't care for DDS size at all ^^; 

finnleo

Well, Ep7 of the anime came around, and because of that more thoughts...

I think the DDS size is a shame, since a DDP would be more appropreate in terms of how she's carried away like a rug (With that natural "I dont care" face).

also after the personality reveals in that episode... hurgh... I really need to start looking into how to modify eyeholes... I just cant stand that gap.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Frieren seems massively popular if Toho Studio's YouTube views are anything to go by.

I'm not sure how old Frieren is but her voice seems older than most regular anime characters (at least her Japanese voice). Given she's an elf I guess she could be hundreds of years old though.

I'll watch it when I'm done with SAO... I'm not sure it makes sense to have to fantasy shows on the go at the same time.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

finnleo
On 10/23/2023 at 6:49 PM, Xiongmao said:

her voice seems older than most regular anime characters (at least her Japanese voice)

eeeeh?... but she sounds just like Anya out of spy x family..

Although looking at the character list Atsumi Tanezaki did get some practice in Vivy for long lived characters (also a certain ill fated bluebird in a MMO in its japanese guise it would seem).

Edited by finnleo

mayaiincho

Still no official photos from volks, correct?

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, mayaiincho said:

Still no official photos from volks, correct?

I can't recall the exact date, but first week of November. 

Xiongmao
21 hours ago, finnleo said:

eeeeh?... but she sounds just like Anya out of spy x family..

Although looking at the character list Atsumi Tanezaki did get some practice in Vivy for long lived characters (also a certain ill fated bluebird in a MMO in its japanese guise it would seem).

Oh that's strange... she sounds much older on the YouTube videos I've watched. Maybe that's a different voiceover though. I'll watch the actual thing tonight.

finnleo
9 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

Oh that's strange.

its actually meant as a joke, since Anya and Frieren have the same voice actress. Sort of like finding out Alphonse Elric is voiced by the queen of tsundere's Rie Kugimiya.

• Like 1

Xiongmao
23 hours ago, finnleo said:

its actually meant as a joke, since Anya and Frieren have the same voice actress. Sort of like finding out Alphonse Elric is voiced by the queen of tsundere's Rie Kugimiya.

Ah OK. I didn't know anything about Frieren. I watched episode 1 last night and it was really good. Maybe some people think it's boring, but I thought it was a nice cozy intro.

I'm still sitting on the fence about DD Frieren. I don't know if they've quite captured her look, but I do like they've included her suitcase.

ragnamuffin
41 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

but I do like they've included her suitcase.

They haven’t, it’s for image purposes only. The members website says it’s not actually included in the fine print.

Xiongmao
On 10/27/2023 at 5:30 PM, ragnamuffin said:

They haven’t, it’s for image purposes only. The members website says it’s not actually included in the fine print.

😭

Xiongmao

Is Frieren semi-white?

I'm also starting to think they made her a DDS so they can also release Fern.

That would be a brilliant pair of Dollfies. It's now my favourite anime, so I hope they make a lot more episodes.

Monty

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/frieren/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sns&utm_campaign=DD
Here’s her site. Points of interest:

- She comes with THREE outfits! I’ve never seen this with a DD before, usually the alternate outfits are separate. It’s reflected in her price though (85800 with tax…) Good and kinda a deal for fans of the character, not so good for people who mainly want her for the sculpt.

- Online after event is in January like it normally is despite Dolpa being so early in December, meaning there’s quite a while between the Dolpa and online sale (over a month, it will be the 13th) No info other than the date.

• Like 1

HK47

I wonder if she will be offered on volksusa,  or is she going to be a dreaded click fest nightmare. 

Astraea

AAAAAAH she's beautiful!! With the first preview image I was a bit hesitant but I'm seeing the vision now, she's perfect 😭 

BeyondTime
16 hours ago, HK47 said:

I wonder if she will be offered on volksusa,  or is she going to be a dreaded click fest nightmare. 

They do link to  Volks USA for information down at the bottom of the page.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/frieren/

Unless something has changed, they don't do that unless they are releasing through those shops too.

Anna-neko

she doesn't look very Frieren to me....  but her face is cute! 
Weird choice to outline the white eyebrows like that tho

also for all the many outfit options, where's the suitcase?!?!?!? Is our girl lugging all those things inna lil bindle danging off the staff or what