Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

plasticyears

Dollfie Dream Frieren

Beani
3 minutes ago, Anna-neko said:

she doesn't look very Frieren to me....  but her face is cute! 
Weird choice to outline the white eyebrows like that tho

I thought the same regarding the eyebrows but it’s actually from her original design. I don’t feel it works on a doll though, I keep looking straight at them. I guess it was an important feature for the license holder.

In the end she’s very pretty but I didn’t bond at all yet so I’ll be skipping unless I happen to see her in person and things change (unlikely I will be at Volks before Dolpa though). But I expect she will be a popular one. 

finnleo
50 minutes ago, Anna-neko said:

Weird choice to outline the white eyebrows

as mentioned the outline is a design feature, especially the open ends towards her nose. the line width used on the doll porbably exacerbates the effect.

50 minutes ago, Anna-neko said:

many outfit options, where's the suitcase

I was actually surprised the winter coat is included in the basic set, also how her default uniform is put together is interesting since it seems to be two layers and the mini poncho. I was sort of hoping the suitcase would have been a separate fashion accessory since that could be made as a non-licence thing. but its a let down after that first teaser photo.

(typically I would have thought the winter coat and suitcase would have made the secondary outfit package)

As far as does she look like frieren ... the eyeliner gaps are still a distraction to me, but overall with the reveal of slayer-frieren in the recent anime eps id say they did reasonably well.

Edited by finnleo

Xiongmao

I need to have a think about Frieren. It sucks she doesn't come with her case though. I guess it would be possible to make/commission one though.

Me and my tribe are blown away by just how good an anime this is. We're watching episode 10 tonight, which is apparently the best one so far. This could now be my favourite anime of all time.

Maybe eventually we'll get Fern and I'd also love it if they made Linie. Linie would be really awesome as an MDD.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

That_Dollfie_Dude
On 11/17/2023 at 11:39 AM, Xiongmao said:

I need to have a think about Frieren....

We're watching episode 10 tonight

If you are using the anime to make the decision I'm going to say you're sold after that one!

Xiongmao
On 11/20/2023 at 2:06 PM, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

If you are using the anime to make the decision I'm going to say you're sold after that one!

Yes OMG that story arc was spectacular.

Spy x Family has season 2 has got much better too. There's much more Yoru and Anya cracked her finest joke to date. Of course the biggest joke is the Volks Japan website. It kicked me out after I confirmed my credit card transaction with my bank, thereby leading to all kinds of nuisances.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

That_Dollfie_Dude

I caved and had my proxy lined up for Frieren, too.  The show really is something special.  It's actually phenomenal. 

Miku NT and Frieren at the same time seems custom made to appeal to me.  It's unreal.  My wallet is now in mortal danger.

And speaking of overspending, I'm thinking I probably won't want to have Frieren wear her black tights because, as good as they look, I am worried that they will be stain monsters.  Does anyone know where I can buy white tights that will fit her DDS body?

• Like 1

Tierparkzone
1 hour ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

And speaking of overspending, I'm thinking I probably won't want to have Frieren wear her black tights because, as good as they look, I am worried that they will be stain monsters.  Does anyone know where I can buy white tights that will fit her DDS body?

You could get black tights that don't stain: http://hdpdoll.sakura.ne.jp/shop/tights/index.html

Never tried the tights specifically, but I have plenty of their socks in black.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jadepixel
4 hours ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

For those of you who thought Frieren would be better as a DDP, and those who thought she should have a rounder face, you can just make your own with a DDH-28.

I'm sure anyone can do this with a couple hours of practice.  😉

thanks for sharing, I do like this Frieren a lot 😄

And I was about to order that Clover mini-iron to try hair styling with so I'm happy to see it in action!

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

For those of you who thought Frieren would be better as a DDP, and those who thought she should have a rounder face, you can just make your own with a DDH-28.

I'm sure anyone can do this with a couple hours of practice.  😉

Volks really needs to do more with DDP

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

takatsuki

BeyondTime I completely agree! DDP needs more options, clothes, and licensed characters!

• Like 1

Heartplace

Oh wow, her make-up is really stunning and the green in her eyes is so vivid! I've only just recently become aware of this anime after seeing a lot of goods of her pop up and then spotting people cosplaying her at a recent convention. I wonder if volks would be open to making blank heads with elf ears more after this? Lots of good elf girls out there that could be customed! But as beautiful as the doll is, I'm going to keep holding out for Miku NT. 🙏

Xiongmao
On 11/22/2023 at 11:54 PM, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

Miku NT and Frieren at the same time seems custom made to appeal to me.  It's unreal.  My wallet is now in mortal danger.

Towa reckons our finances are in good shape, so we might go for Miku NT and Frieren. On the downside space for them all is becoming more of an issue as they can't stand on the hallway heater during winter.

If anyone wants DD elves, Asuna Titania has amazing eyes. Kirika Towa Alma has a fabulous default outfit but she's rapidly approaching grail status now.

• Like 2

sunlightandtea

Finally got around to watching episode one and now I totally understand the hype. Her dollfie is super cute, can’t wait to see the photos people take of her! ^^ 

• Like 2

Xiongmao
On 11/28/2023 at 7:37 PM, sunlightandtea said:

Finally got around to watching episode one and now I totally understand the hype. Her dollfie is super cute, can’t wait to see the photos people take of her! ^^ 

You will be richly rewarded by following Frieren's journey. The mini-arc that starts around episode 8 is magnificent. No spoilers but Linie is my most favourite new anime character since Sasha Potato from Attack on Titan.

There is someone else you'll meet on the journey and when you do you'll understand why Frieren is a DDS.

Oh and episode 13 just slays.

• Like 1

sunlightandtea
23 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

You will be richly rewarded by following Frieren's journey. The mini-arc that starts around episode 8 is magnificent. No spoilers but Linie is my most favourite new anime character since Sasha Potato from Attack on Titan.

There is someone else you'll meet on the journey and when you do you'll understand why Frieren is a DDS.

Oh and episode 13 just slays.

👀 Looking forward to it! I’m a bit behind because I wait for the dub to come out but I’m super excited! 

I really adore the character design, I know it may sound kind of weird but I absolutely love their noses. Their profile shots just have so much depth to them and I really like it! 

• Like 1

katnaper
On 11/6/2023 at 11:26 PM, BeyondTime said:

They do link to  Volks USA for information down at the bottom of the page.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/frieren/

Unless something has changed, they don't do that unless they are releasing through those shops too.

I just got into the anime and I've been really enjoying it. I'd love to add her to my dollieh family😍 She is so cute.

• Like 3

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Xiongmao
On 12/3/2023 at 4:49 PM, sunlightandtea said:

👀 Looking forward to it! I’m a bit behind because I wait for the dub to come out but I’m super excited! 

I really adore the character design, I know it may sound kind of weird but I absolutely love their noses. Their profile shots just have so much depth to them and I really like it! 

I was thinking the noses looked kind of weird in Frieren. When I watch another anime I need to check out how they draw their noses.

I checked out some photos of Frieren today. I think she'd be a great addition to our household, and I also have my eye on Miku NT.

It's a shame Frieren doesn't come with her suitcase. They could really have put her coat and case in a separate accessories set.

Masumi Couture had some free slots recently and I was sooo tempted to commission a Linie outfit.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Frieren is coming here, and will hopefully arrive before Christmas. If anyone wants her, there are some floating around (but not nearly as many as there are NT Mikus).

Uniquecrysis

Well decided to purchase her from YJA hopefully she arrives here next week, I've been really loving the anime and just knew I needed her in my collection 

• Like 2

LynaLune

I'm going to take my chances in the clickwar. Don't really want to pay hiked up prices on YJA atm lol.

• Like 1

katnaper
5 hours ago, LynaLune said:

I'm going to take my chances in the clickwar. Don't really want to pay hiked up prices on YJA atm lol.

Same here. The prices in YJA are insane. Good luck to us then.

• Like 1

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Xiongmao

More Frierens are on YJA if anyone wants her without the agony of a clickwar. I did see one had a bit of a crazy bidding war.

Catfishy2u

I wound up getting her on YJA before she shot up in price. Good luck y’all on the click war. 

• Like 1