Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Body Comparison photos for DD's *DD NUDITY*

AerynAerie

Thank you so so much for this post!!!

I was lucky enough to get a Yoko body on Mandarake, but I couldn't figure out why she was so different looking from all the others. Now I know she was just special and she really IS different. (I actually panicked an thought someone took her nipples off at first) ^_^;;

zandikor

Thank you for the time spent doing this. Sometimes you just have to see things up close.

LariesDollHouse

This is a super helpful thread

♥She who leaves a trail of glitter, is never forgotten♥

Nikn

I have no idea that yoko's bust was diferent from the others dddy bodys. Very helpful :3

SeikoKitsune

Bump for a side-by-side nude comparison of DDIII L-bust (non-shapely) and DDS L-bust please? ^^

SOdZ0ex.png?3

The cast so far: Sky (DDS Mariko), "SK" (DDH-07 on DDS)

Extra: LEN KAGAMINE

baldylox
Bump for a side-by-side nude comparison of DDIII L-bust (non-shapely) and DDS L-bust please? ^^

There's no need for a side by side for these two busts because they're exactly the same. If you check the part numbers on the Volks site, they're identical other than the designation prefix for DD3 and DDS. The size, shape and fit are the same between them and they're interchangeable on each body.

Hope that helps you.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

galatia9

Billy, I'm seeing item # 4518992394954 for the DDIII large bust and 4518992394985 for the DDS large bust. Unless I am not looking at the right parts? The DDS looks like it has narrower shoulders.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

SeikoKitsune

The nipple placement is also different, as the DDIII's are quite high. I really appreciate everybody's help, though ^^;

SOdZ0ex.png?3

The cast so far: Sky (DDS Mariko), "SK" (DDH-07 on DDS)

Extra: LEN KAGAMINE

baldylox
Billy, I'm seeing item # 4518992394954 for the DDIII large bust and 4518992394985 for the DDS large bust. Unless I am not looking at the right parts? The DDS looks like it has narrower shoulders.

The code/stock numbers are different because they label them as being for different bodies so you are correct. But if you look at the PART numbers, they're the same except for the DDS and DD3 label. Here's links:

DD3 L-bust: http://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2074

DDS L-bust : http://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1353

The number I'm talking about is the one that reads "DDS BL 02 L Bust". For the DD3 its "DDIII BL 02 L Bust". Going back and looking at the pics they have, it looks like the DDS bust pictured is at a different angle than the DD3 one and the lighting is different as well. I think this may be throwing off how the nip placement looks. But that's just what I see.

Maybe they changed the newer DDS L busts to be slightly different from the DD3 ones now. I own both of these pieces and there's absolutely no difference between them. But maybe mine's old stock or someone packaged it wrong.... I have no clue. Either way I still think these are the same parts, just listed differently.

Billy

galatia9

I did compare a DDS med bust and a DDII med bust side by side, and they are very different. Although the med busts are numbered DDII-B-01 and DDS-B-01, they are definitely not the same sculpt. Both busts were from dolls straight from the factory.

Unfortunately I don't have a DDS large bust to compare with my DDII large busts!

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

AnimatorAR

I have both the DDIII L bust and a DD3 L bust. They are different. The nipples on the DDS L bust are much more pointy. When I have free time I will try to take some photos to show off how different they are.

Oni-Chan

im gonna say the DDS and DD L Busts are different.

when I was trying to work out my Girl Madoka's body, I loved her on the DDS Body L Bust but she needed to be taller, so I tried her on a DD2 L Bust body and I didn't like it, I think the necks are different as madoka looked too thick in the neck on the DD body :/

granted the pics are different angles, but yeah, I didn't like madoka on a DD L bust body, so she now has a DDS L Bust torso with dd legs

20138953133_1dcd3384cd.jpgTomo and Mads by Shoujo Magic, on Flickr

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

Keijogirl

How do MDD heads do on DDS bodies? A girl I want to get comes as MDD size, but I figured her face might do better on bigger body. However I just size tested an MDD Tamano on a DD2 and it made her neck look stupidly long because the body's neck was too big.

Do all MDD heads have the same issue or can they skirt by with a DDS body?

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

baldylox
How do MDD heads do on DDS bodies? A girl I want to get comes as MDD size, but I figured her face might do better on bigger body. However I just size tested an MDD Tamano on a DD2 and it made her neck look stupidly long because the body's neck was too big.

Do all MDD heads have the same issue or can they skirt by with a DDS body?

It all depends on the MDD head in question. My Louise came from Volks as an MDD so her head is a little smaller than most DD heads are and when I put her on a DD2 body, she looked like a pin head! It was really odd looking so I know she wouldn't work on a DDS either. I think the other older MDD specific girls like Tamano may also have issues like this due to the heads being a tad smaller overall.

But regular DD heads like the 01, 04, 03 and so on all seem to work really well on the MDD and DDS bodies as you've seen with my girls. Which head are you wanting to put on the DDS?

Billy

Keijogirl

It all depends on the MDD head in question. My Louise came from Volks as an MDD so her head is a little smaller than most DD heads are and when I put her on a DD2 body, she looked like a pin head! It was really odd looking so I know she wouldn't work on a DDS either. I think the other older MDD specific girls like Tamano may also have issues like this due to the heads being a tad smaller overall.

But regular DD heads like the 01, 04, 03 and so on all seem to work really well on the MDD and DDS bodies as you've seen with my girls. Which head are you wanting to put on the DDS?

Billy

Poop... she's an older head like tamano I think, so are you sure the DDS has a similar neck size to the dd2? X.x I was hoping maybe it would be a little more slim. :c

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Innocentsake
Poop... she's an older head like tamano I think, so are you sure the DDS has a similar neck size to the dd2? X.x I was hoping maybe it would be a little more slim. :c

My friend hihihellokitty has her Tamano Mayu on a DDS body. Here are some pics for you:

2014 LT Meet 20

2014 LT Meet 18

Windy Kitty Days 9

Yuri's Arrival (She's next to my Saber Lily on a DDII body)

To me Tamano Mayu looks really cute on the DDS body, but it's also the kind of thing that can take getting used to since she does have a smaller head. And it just may not be for you; I know there are certain head/body combinations I'll never like~ Hope these pictures help!

Keijogirl

Thank you innocentsake!

This pics really do help a lot! She is till cute for sure, but it's definitely a look I would have to get used to. Considering an obitsu 50 for her as an alternative maybe. I know the necks on those are a bit skinnier I might be able to get away with it lol

Innocentsake
Thank you innocentsake!

This pics really do help a lot! She is till cute for sure, but it's definitely a look I would have to get used to. Considering an obitsu 50 for her as an alternative maybe. I know the necks on those are a bit skinnier I might be able to get away with it lol

Glad you found them helpful I'm really curious as to who you've gotten. Hope a proper body is found soon so she can be revealed

Keijogirl

Glad you found them helpful I'm really curious as to who you've gotten. Hope a proper body is found soon so she can be revealed

Absolutely x3

I'm only not saying yet because I haven't secured her just yet lol. I did look up the obitsu 47cm bod and i think it will work out well for her. Still have her be a bit taller than my other MDDs without looking the same age as the regular DD and ddy girls in the troop. Just got to get the gray force neck piece to make it work.

The neck size will work perfect as its only 7cm on that body :3

Innocentsake
Absolutely x3

I'm only not saying yet because I haven't secured her just yet lol. I did look up the obitsu 47cm bod and i think it will work out well for her. Still have her be a bit taller than my other MDDs without looking the same age as the regular DD and ddy girls in the troop. Just got to get the gray force neck piece to make it work.

Ah well that makes sense! I can never keep the lid on a new girl for too long. Hope she is secured soon and it's great that you found the right body for her. I'm always tempted to get an Obitsu body, but always back out afraid I won't like it as much XD

Keijogirl
Absolutely x3

Ah well that makes sense! I can never keep the lid on a new girl for too long. Hope she is secured soon and it's great that you found the right body for her. I'm always tempted to get an Obitsu body, but always back out afraid I won't like it as much XD

I think if you get to play with one you'll go crazy for them if you like realistic and solid poses. They may not be as aesthetically pleasing as the volks bodies naked, but they are the best and most solid posing body imo. DD3 comes close but obitsu is definitely the best.

If I can figure out where I put it I have a pic of two of my girls cuddling my obitsu bodied girl sitting on my dd2's lap curled up to her big sister! Was too cute and the pose looked genuine.

I just hate that their sizes are so funky lmao.

Innocentsake
I think if you get to play with one you'll go crazy for them if you like realistic and solid poses. They may not be as aesthetically pleasing as the volks bodies naked, but they are the best and most solid posing body imo. DD3 comes close but obitsu is definitely the best.

If I can figure out where I put it I have a pic of two of my girls cuddling my obitsu bodied girl sitting on my dd2's lap curled up to her big sister! Was too cute and the pose looked genuine.

I just hate that their sizes are so funky lmao.

Hehe thanks! That's true I do need to really play with one to get a feel for the body. Do feel free to message me a link of that picture once you find it! Don't wanna flood this thread too much more haha

Shinozaki Lolita

This was really helpful!

Aurora

Thank you for all the body comparisons. I'm new to the board and Dollfie Dream type dolls (though I have a lot of resin BJDs) and am finding them very useful.

Syanon

very useful! Thank you for the guide=) just wondering if the outfit says for dds, it will be tight for dd and dy bodys?

30413569465_fe69af966e_m.jpg