Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Body Comparison photos for DD's *DD NUDITY*

SchroedingersCat

Thanks for the guide Baldylox, it's actually helped me figure something out. Despite the fact that the Saber Extra DD supposedly has a standard DD3 body, my Nerina actually has DDdy hips. I was wondering why her hips looked so different from Anna (default Aoi v2).

Does anyone know if this is standard with Saber Extras?

Now with +/- 15% more uncertainty!

baldylox
Thanks for the guide Baldylox, it's actually helped me figure something out. Despite the fact that the Saber Extra DD supposedly has a standard DD3 body, my Nerina actually has DDdy hips. I was wondering why her hips looked so different from Anna (default Aoi v2).

Does anyone know if this is standard with Saber Extras?

You're welcome! Glad to help out. As for Saber Extra having DDdy hips, mine sure doesn't. Yes, her hips and thighs are wider than my older DDII bodies but not nearly as big, thick or wide as my DDdy girls. With the timing of the Saber's release, I wonder if the DDdy3 was even available yet? I can't recall if Haruka ( of the Shining series ) was released before Saber Extra and Alter were. If she was I guess an error *could* have occured where the lower torso was swapped out at the factory but I would think that would be very low on the possibility scale.

But in thinking of that, did you get your Saber Extra directly from Volks in the preorder or did you get her on the aftermarket? If you got her aftermarket then it makes WAY more sense to see someone swap her hips and lower body out for a newer DDdy3 setup. Have you seen your Saber Extra standing next to a DDdy or DDdy3 girl for comparison?

You should take a picture of your two girls side by side so we can see them and that way we can determine if this is true or not. Have you checked my other thread with a Version 1 and Version 2 Yukino? Those pics show the differences of the DD3 and DDII bodies quite well and you can see the hip differences there. I also have pics of the DDII and DD3 next to a DDdy and it's a HUGE difference in sizing. Check here and see if your Saber looks like this Yukino V2:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3791

Hopefully that helps you out.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

SchroedingersCat

I took some photos, but they don't show much at all. I'm not much of a photographer and I can't get the light right to show. So instead I resorted to the trusty measuring tape for dress making Nerina is 1cm thicker at the waist, and 4cm thicker at the hips.

And she has that really nice curve in her lower spine.

I aquired Nerina at a convention in November, and the box had been previously opened, although everything was in perfect condition. So I suppose it's possible she belonged to a previous owner who swapped her hips, I didn't think to ask if she was brand new given her condition. I must admit that her default dress sits very nicely on her hips, so perhaps they were swapped for that reason.

Now with +/- 15% more uncertainty!

captainhfa

Thank you for this performance

It´s very informative and interesting for buy old models

nogo171

Sakuya: DDdy with modified L-bust

Based on Maarit's tutorial

pihlajakoto.fi/?p=14

farm8.staticflickr.c o m/7159/6456898805_073d26fb2b.jpg

farm8.staticflickr.c o m/7148/6456907415_5ea8f97be4.jpg

The soft vinyl is hard to sand but maybe if I put the bust in the freezer I can try sanding it to make it smooth.

I think I might possibly do something similar for my DDII body so that the joint between upper and lower torso can be less visible when my girls wearing bikini, just like the DDY body. The only concern is that I’m just not sure whether the lower torso of the DDII body is same length with the DDY so that it can still hold up the trimmed upper torso. Has any one tried this before

And sorry for the links, I just cant post yet

At home Haruka (Haruka Niimi), Akira (Akira), Saber (Saber Alter), Madoka (Madoka SQ-Lab), Rise (Rise Kujikawa), Yukiho (Yukiho Hagiwara) & Touka (DDH-07)

gothikgrrl

O.K., I am new here and looking for my first DD doll. I like the DDdy body the best. What does the dy stand for? What size are these dolls? I am looking for 60cm dolls that won't look to out of place with my resin collection. Sorry if these are kind of super newb questions! Thanks!

JChiibs

DDdy is the abbreviation of Dollfie Dream Dynamite. I assumed that the use of dynamite was similar to a woman being called a bombshell, one of the most common phrases like this is 'blonde bombshell'. The DDdy are significantly more curvy than the DD or DDS, also giving them a more mature figure. The DDdy are about 22 1/2 inches (57cm) with the head, but I'm not sure if the DDdyIII is any taller or shorter than that. Hope this helps.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

AMG

Hello,

DDY means Dollfie Dream Dynamite. This version is designed in exaggerated proportions, larger breasts, thicker thighs etc.

As for the measurements, here is a useful thread that you can use as a guide for DD sizes made by mitsuki:

http://www.dollfiedreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44

Good luck adding your new girl to the family

Edited by Guest

gothikgrrl

Thanks for both of those informative posts!!

azalea_lady

Does anyone know if there is a comparison of the DDS busts anywhere?

Tacit Effigy

Even though they look weird without their cloths they're still cute ^^

shinegamix

how do you look when naked?

making my triumphant return

baldylox
Does anyone know if there is a comparison of the DDS busts anywhere?

I don't have any comparison shots of the DDS busts but for the most part all the DDS busts should be about the same as their regular DD counterparts. The arm holes are smaller tho because of the way the shoulders on the newer arms are shaped. So all DD3 and DDS busts will have smaller openings there than the regular DD busts do. Also, the DDS busts might be a tad slimmer at the bottm where it slides over the lower torso. This might be due to the slimmer waist and tummy of the DDS bodies. But I took my DDS girl's regular M-bust off and put on a DDII bust since I like the shape of the breasts better on that and it fits her just fine. So I don't think there's much difference in these busts at all, other than some small cosmetic things.

I hope that helps!

Billy

Tacit Effigy

how do you look when naked?

I look un-balljointish ^_^

shinegamix
You are a bold man, shinegamix-san.

yes i have no filter. sometimes a blessing sometimes my downfall

making my triumphant return

Lucy Harper

These shot's are amazing! Exactly what I was looking for! Been able to research so much about body types from this site. The world of dd was so daunting before I came here as I just didn't know about all the different types and options. I just had one lone alna head an no idea what the heck to do with it!

Bouncing_Tigger

Being new to all of this, I really appreciated this "photo-essay" because now I can easily see the differences. When I just read number measurements, it was hard to 'imagine' how they looked in real life. Newbies everywhere thank you for the time and effort it took in order for you to set all those pictures up and then explain to us exactly what we are seeing. You just made my life so much easier! I have a feeling that as my family decides to grow, this is one thread that I'll be coming back to again and again as I decide which girl I'm looking to add next!

fudgecakes

Haha I love the little scenes you put in there ^^

Nightmareally

Thanks so much! I just got my first Dddy and I really wanted to see the difference directly with the different bodies and this was super informative and the commentary was hilarious.

At Home: Miku and Rin

LadyLux

What a great comparison! Super helpful! thanks~

baldylox

Thanks again to everyone who has written in saying this helped them out! I'm glad my silly story is actually helpful to you all. I know when I was starting out, there weren't any comparison photos like this other than what Volks had up on their site. That's why I wound up doing this years after I started, to give a little back to the DD community I cherish so much.

Billy

Janeway

Has anyone made a DD2 white skinned girl into a vampire? and what do you guys think of volks white skinned body.

JChiibs

The WS would be great for a vampire. I've thought about it on many occasions and I would have made one by now if the extra bodies I've had didn't end up being NS. My Naiomi is a WS, and Raven's Yuriko is as well.

9318213808_ffea8af666_o.png

Here is Naiomi in a few 'shades' of white taken in natural light. Her top is an off-white while the sweater and the ribbon around her waist are a clean white. I've noticed that the skin changes tone somewhat depending on the lighting, indoor lights generally making it have a more yellow cast.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Janeway

Sister Kyoya your girl looks cute in that top and thanks. Now l just need to think of a head to use for this vampire girl of mine.