Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Body Comparison photos for DD's *DD NUDITY*

DesertAngel

I have heard that there are two styles of the DD2. True? And, if that's true, what are the differences between the new style DD2 and the old style DD2? (I am thinking about buying a used DD2 body for spare parts but I want to make sure it has parts that will be useable.)

Desert Angel

baldylox
I have heard that there are two styles of the DD2. True? And, if that's true, what are the differences between the new style DD2 and the old style DD2? (I am thinking about buying a used DD2 body for spare parts but I want to make sure it has parts that will be useable.)

Desert Angel

Can you elaborate a bit more on this? I've never seen or heard of this before. What do you mean by different styles? Where did you hear about this?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DesertAngel

Desert Angel

Can you elaborate a bit more on this? I've never seen or heard of this before. What do you mean by different styles? Where did you hear about this?

Billy

laugh! That's why *I* am asking the question!

I heard about this somewhere here, on the DollfieDreams boards. I just can't find any of the posts where this was discussed.

There are apparently "slight" differences between the early and the late DD2s. One "possible" example is as follows: Lily is an "early" DD2 and she has a hard head cap. The later DD2s seem to have soft heads. There may be other differences between the early and late model 2s as well.

Why is this important? I've located a DD2 that is not a full set. (Head and body only. No clothing, no wig, etc. Not even the original parts.) I'm considering buying it -- if I can get it for a good price -- in order to have a set of spare parts for Lily. Also, it would be a good tool for learning how to take a DD2 completely apart and put it back together again. For obvious reasons, I am afraid to use Lily for this purpose.

Desert Angel

Gunter

I mean the headcap is specifically a mold thing. A good chunk of the DD line-up had a hard cap, but later they introduced soft caps with....Airy/Neris? So disregarding if they were DD2, DD1, DDS, MDD, or DDdy, they had hardcap heads.

I think Lily was the last of the hard cap dolls, but it isn't actually body relevant. Just mold relevant. As far as I know I don't know of real differences between the DD2 line-up other then dolls coming with different busts. All my DD2 bodies have all been exactly the same disregarding varying wear due to being played with/age.

There is technically two different types of DDS? Ones with the DD2 skeleton and then again Airy and Neris (or was it Akira? They were all so close) introduced a new skeleton, which became the DD3 one. (Please someone correct me if my memory is failing here. It's been like 7 years since this so...)

jadepixel

There is technically two different types of DDS? Ones with the DD2 skeleton and then again Airy and Neris (or was it Akira? They were all so close) introduced a new skeleton, which became the DD3 one. (Please someone correct me if my memory is failing here. It's been like 7 years since this so...)

I think DesertAngel may be thinking of DDS. The original DDS (for Reimu and Marissa) used a new DD3-style armature but had lots of issues with breaking and was modified a couple times over subsequent DDS and DD3 releases. AFAIK there aren't variations like that for DD2.

baldylox

The hard headcaps ended when the Aoi and Yukino Version 2 girls were released. Every DD head after them used a softer vinyl to make getting the headcaps off easier. if you've never wrestled with an old hard headcap, you don't know what you're missing.

As for any other DD2 body differences, I seriously doubt there were any. But when someone mentioned the DDS bodies, that sparked the same idea in my head as Jadepixel and Gunter mentioned..... that being the inner frames. When the first DDS girls ( Marissa and Reimu ) were relased, the inner skeletons had MAJOR cracking and breaking issues. Most notably the shoulder tubes where the arms went into the upper torso skeleton. The hip cups also had issues but seemed to last longer than the shoulders did.

After about half a year, Volks did a running change and beefed up the shoulder joints a bit more but left the hips alone. This is when Cool Cats started making the metal supports for them on the aftermarket. Another running change was made with the Saber Extra launch and this seemed to fix most of the problems people were having with the cracks and breaks.

Beyond these changes, I really don't know of any others along the timeline from DD1 - DD2/DDdy - DDS - DD3/DDdy3.

Billy

DesertAngel

OK!

Thank you, everyone, for your time and the information. If I run across a DD2 body, it sounds like I should just buy it and not worry about variation. There shouldn't be any!

It may be awhile; but, I'll let everyone know what I find when the search becomes successful.

Desert Angel

toughstermcg

Didn't wanna make a whole new thread for this, sorry if it's been answered already:

I'm looking to buy my first DDdy, and my favorite bust by far is the Yoko 'natural' bust, but for the rest of the body shape (the waist/hip curve especially) I prefer the newer bodies, DDdy III if I'm not mistaken. Would an older Yoko bust attach properly to a DDdy III body or would it be tricky like putting a DD3 bust on a DD2 frame? (The story there is that I got it on, but hooo doggy it did not come off, even with heat and a lot of wiggling, so I wanna proceed with caution going forward)

baldylox
Didn't wanna make a whole new thread for this, sorry if it's been answered already:

I'm looking to buy my first DDdy, and my favorite bust by far is the Yoko 'natural' bust, but for the rest of the body shape (the waist/hip curve especially) I prefer the newer bodies, DDdy III if I'm not mistaken. Would an older Yoko bust attach properly to a DDdy III body or would it be tricky like putting a DD3 bust on a DD2 frame? (The story there is that I got it on, but hooo doggy it did not come off, even with heat and a lot of wiggling, so I wanna proceed with caution going forward)

Someone here on the forums has already done a transplant with a Yoko bust and lower torso onto a DDdy3 frame with DDdy3 arms and legs attached. You should be able to use the Yoko bust on a DDdy3 body but you may get gaps around the area where the bottom of the bust meets with the top of the torso. This is due to the Yoko lower torso being thinner at the top than the normal Dynamite torsos. But with some adjustments I think it could be made to work and look decent.

Billy

DesertAngel

Thank you, everyone, for the information.

Now. If anyone knows of someone who is selling a NS DD2 body, please let me know. I'm not looking for "mint" condition. I'm looking for the body for three reasons: 1) spare parts, if anything ever breaks on my present DD2; 2) learning how to take a DD2 body completely apart and do maintenance; and, 3) maybe put a head on it and use it for photoshoots where I can be a bit more relaxed about exposing her to the elements.

Thanks again!

Desert Angel

archeotech

Desert Angel

Not sure if this was answered properly. (sorry was a lot to read so might have missed it) ^^;

Anyway yes there was differences in the original version of the DDII and later versions.

The main difference was in that the Neck joint was attached to a spring so it was very easy to damage the neck if you wanted to remove the head. You can have this replaced with a neck piece sold at Coolcat though if it did break/become too loose. You just had to be extra careful really but I found them very fragile.

Aside from that all versions of the DDII use the same limbs and vinyl pieces. Hope that helped.

DesertAngel

<>

Thank you. Very, very useful information. And, what would we do without Cool Cat?

toughstermcg

Someone here on the forums has already done a transplant with a Yoko bust and lower torso onto a DDdy3 frame with DDdy3 arms and legs attached. You should be able to use the Yoko bust on a DDdy3 body but you may get gaps around the area where the bottom of the bust meets with the top of the torso. This is due to the Yoko lower torso being thinner at the top than the normal Dynamite torsos. But with some adjustments I think it could be made to work and look decent.

Billy

Coming back a while later to report, now that I've confirmed it for myself -- yeah, it pretty much works just fine. Attaching the Yoko bust to the DDdy3 torso is a breeze because of the new armature and the Yoko bust being a little roomier than newer busts are (afaik).

J1A0YBH.png

Like Billy said, owing to design differences between body types, the Yoko bust has some slight gaps around the arm peg (because of how the DD3+ revised armature and busts work), and around the bottom of the bust/top of the waist, but imo it's pretty manageable. I don't plan on putting this girl in lingerie most of the time, but even if I did, top-down angles and the like would handle it for photos.

sinclair

Thanks for this thread. Because of this I now know I bought a Yaya on a DDS body, but I noticed to long after the sale to be able to do anything about it.

But Billy I had to laugh when I read your post about not having any MDDs. Boy has that ever changed!

baldylox
Thanks for this thread. Because of this I now know I bought a Yaya on a DDS body, but I noticed to long after the sale to be able to do anything about it.

You're welcome! I'm glad so many people use this thread for reference and it helps them with questions they have. It sucks about your Yaya body issue but I think she looks fine as she is.

But Billy, I had to laugh when I read your post about not having any MDDs. Boy has that ever changed!

SEEEEEE???? I *told* you about those little buggers! Once the bug bites you, you're DONE. Toast. Finito. BUt it's one heck of a nice way to go ain't it?

Billy

Collie

Hello!

I've just skimmed the forum and this thread, and other than people requesting it too I just couldn't find any comparison pics of the S bust and the SS bust! Does someone own both by now and could share some pictures, please?

My girl needs a smaller bust piece, but I'm not sure yet how small I want her boobers to be!

Mimiyo3

I can help out here.

b1FSQn4.jpg

Here's Melanie (S bust) and Miku (SS bust)

Mj8wKxf.jpg

Miku: Hang on. If you want to see the goods you gotta pay the price.

Melanie: Wait... What's this about again?!

It's for science and science is free Miku.

Miku: Aww... That's lame...

J9AhWVV.jpg

7aueSPy.jpg

ldNIhX6.jpg

Miku: Come on... Fork up the cash~

Miku we discussed this already. Basically the difference is small boobs, or almost no boobs. Hope that helps.

d7IluiH.jpg

At least load up GTA 5 so I can go and kill people or something? Pleeeeease!

Deal.

Melanie: Should I be worried now...?

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

Collie

Oh wow, thank you very much! That was a great way to show off the busts, too bad I'm kinda broke right now or I would have definitely paid Miku!

It's great to finally see a direct comparison; compared to the SS bust the S bust still seems large-ish, but should work well for what I had in mind for my Sheryl. Thanks a lot again!

baldylox

Thank you for that comparison Mimiyo! I don't own any of those sizes so I couldn't do any photos to add here. Please thank your girls for helping out too! Miku is too funny tho...... she must want money for more clothes or shoes huh?

Billy

Mimiyo3

You're welcome guys. And don't worry. If I can get my hands on that Ribbon girl set Miku will get spoiled plenty. And even if I can't get that I'll probably buy some other stuff instead cause retail therapy is always the right answer. And of course no matter who I buy it for she'll wear it at some point. Everything is hers afterall.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

kk1030

does anyone know what type of outfit will fit DDP? I tried DD outfits and MDD outfits, but the result wasn't that good, in which DDP kind of falls in between the two, the DD outfit were too long and the MDD outfit were too short...

wrxgal

Thank you for taking the time to do this. This is very informative and I had tons of questions on the diff bodies...

andreamillo5

i was wondering what is the difference between DDY2 and DDY3? many years ago someone sold me a DDY2 but when im looking for infos, i see it nowhere. ^^ im a bit lost

baldylox
i was wondering what is the difference between DDY2 and DDY3? many years ago someone sold me a DDY2 but when im looking for infos, i see it nowhere. ^^ im a bit lost

Basically, the outer vinyl is pretty much the same but the inner skeleton has changed completely. Since the old DD2 bodies used the same internal frame as the older DDdy bodies and they did the same with the newer ones, you can check out the differences in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3791

Any pics you see in there of the DD2 and DD3 will show the same differences between the newer and older DDdy bodies. I think there's a DDdy girl in that thread too for comparison with the DD3 one. The DDdy3 frame will be the same as that.

Hopefully that helps out!

Billy