The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

cristaelf

Dollfie Dream USA and Japan Still no restock for months!

Nightmare Tea

All the MDD parts will be around 350 USD for everything...

That's not bad!

mitsuki

Should be even better when they finally come to us in the U.S. I am looking forward to it. Very forward since they always take so long.

Anouc

While i am in contact with volks because of my sakuya i also asked about body restocking ...

Their answer ^^ ->

"We will release DDIII and MDDIII option parts at the event "Home Town

Dolls Party Sendai" on August 12, 2012.

On our website, they will be available from August 25.

Regarding the DDS Base Body, we currently have not a plan to release

this item.

Regarding the DDII Base Body and DDS option parts, unfortunately we are

truly very sorry but unfortunately at this time it is undecided when we

will be restocking them."

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

JChiibs

So what exactly falls under "DDS option parts"? Would it be like white skin DDS, other busts besides the M bust, hands or what? I'm still a bit of a noob and when they use that phrasing it confuses me.

It is good to have a bit more of an idea when bodies will be available again (hopefully). Thank you Anouc!

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

SakuraSylph

Even though you need a full set in order to make a body, I think all of the individually-sold DDS pieces are considered "option parts". Volks' note is just reiterating that they don't know when they'll be able to get more DDS pieces in stock (normal skin or white skin).

SakuraSylph

Nightmare Tea

How high do you think the competition for the MDD3 parts will be on Volks USA?

I'm not good at click wars at all, plus I would have to do the checkout really quickly, or is the stuff safe once they are in your cart?

If not I might just go with Volks International...

Alphakitty

this item.

ARGH. I hate that you have to buy the body in parts, it makes no sense to ONLY offer it that way. It's also so pricey--honestly, it's cheaper and easier to go in on a DDS split than to buy directly from them.

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

SakuraSylph
I'm not good at click wars at all, plus I would have to do the checkout really quickly, or is the stuff safe once they are in your cart?

For Volks International, you're safe for ~16 hours or so once the items are in your cart. But for Volks USA, he who pays first wins and mere seconds will make the difference between a good day and a very bad one. (even the difference between putting 2 items in your cart and 6 items in before paying can break you). So. International is more expensive but safer as far as getting your stuff goes.

The MDD body is known for being hard to work with, so the MDD3 could be in demand as a replacement body for old dolls.

Probably best not to stress too much about it. This dry spell is a large anomaly so MDD3 standard parts should be more available in the long term than clothes or limited editions.

SakuraSylph

Averis
While i am in contact with volks because of my sakuya i also asked about body restocking ...

Their answer ^^ ->

"We will release DDIII and MDDIII option parts at the event "Home Town

Dolls Party Sendai" on August 12, 2012.

On our website, they will be available from August 25.

this item.

Regarding the DDII Base Body and DDS option parts, unfortunately we are

truly very sorry but unfortunately at this time it is undecided when we

will be restocking them."

Ugh... I need a DDdy!

Misheru

If there are to be no more DDS option parts, does that mean those of us with broken crappy DDS bits are just out of luck? They know there is a problem, this is just terrible.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Kumi

They didn't say "no more parts". They just don't know when they will be available.

Japan factory has a serious backorder disaster just now

And probably in the near future Volks won't offer whole bodies anymore, only in parts like it is for DDS

vhdangel

http://www.volks.co.jp/htd_sendai/sumika.html/

The good news: They're releasing almost all the possible combinations of the 3rd version of the body at Sendai.

The bad news: EVERYTHING is in parts. I guess this is Volks new sales model. And it sucks! You have to buy all the parts and self assemble. They still haven't gotten the cracking under control, and now it's $100 more per body. *cries*

What's going to be released at Sendai:

DDIII parts normal skin

DDIII parts white skin

DDS parts white skin

DDDyIII parts normal skin

MDDIII parts normal skin

Hopefully they will consider releasing the DDDyIII and the MDDIII in white skin in the future.

Misheru

@ Kumi, that is cool then. Whew...been waiting forever, it seems.

Maybe they are just trying to make sure the parts are right this time.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

DJStarstryker
They still haven't gotten the cracking under control, and now it's $100 more per body. *cries*

That's actually the same price DDIIIs have been. If you compare DDIII limited girls to the DDII limited girls with comparable sorts of outfits, all of the DDIII ones are approximately $100 more. I've been thinking for the past several months how all of the people who were getting DDIIIs via splits were getting them for a great price and the people who bought the rest of the pieces (probably mainly the head people) were probably paying too large of a premium to compensate.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

vhdangel

Yeah, I basically meant "$100 more than the DDII". I really dislike the thought of being expected to pay that much more for a body that has a high probability of cracking/breaking. I really, really, really hope they don't stop production of the DDII altogether, as I'd much rather throw my money at a dependable model.

Averis
Yeah, I basically meant "$100 more than the DDII". I really dislike the thought of being expected to pay that much more for a body that has a high probability of cracking/breaking. I really, really, really hope they don't stop production of the DDII altogether, as I'd much rather throw my money at a dependable model.

I agree. This is disappointing.

aeris

I asked Volks and they replied they don't intend to stop DDII production now.

So DDII bodies will be restocked, but they don't know when.

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

misskale

Someone at Volks dev must like MST3K

JChiibs
Someone at Volks dev must like MST3K

I haven't seen that in a while... but do you think a DD would really look good with the rugged nose option?

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

zakka

I hate the new parts method of selling DD bodies. A lot. I don't understand why Volks seems to be uninterested in tapping the market of people who need/want option parts and spare bodies. If It was me, 'd be doing everything I could to expand operations to take people's money with doll parts. Of course I guess I don't -get- the Lottery or any of the other weird things Volks does, either.

shinegamix

you mean how they havent established a european base of operations yet?

i do think that they will eventually offer spare base bodies again and that this is to offer people with existing broken dd3 bodies a chance to fix up their dolls first. as for the lottery. they make limited dolls so that its more exclusive. and since not everybody has internet access at the release/selling time. or access the site even(think of clickwar/ site congestion) a first come first serve system is kinda unfair. the lottery evens out the odds

making my triumphant return

JChiibs

Personally I'm really glad for the dolls being sold in pieces, not only because of easily accessible replacement parts, but also not having leftover M busts if you switch your doll to a different size which just seems wasteful (and more expensive I think). This doesn't mean that I want them to quit doing the full dolls, I like that option for more one click shopping if it happens to be everything you want. I would find it strange if they stopped selling the assembled dolls long term except for the special dolls, but either way I'm sure they have their reasons.

~Sister Kyoya

DJStarstryker
I hate the new parts method of selling DD bodies. A lot. I don't understand why Volks seems to be uninterested in tapping the market of people who need/want option parts and spare bodies. If It was me, 'd be doing everything I could to expand operations to take people's money with doll parts. Of course I guess I don't -get- the Lottery or any of the other weird things Volks does, either.

Well, for the lottery part... Japan likes exclusive things. You see lotteries happen for all kinds of things all the time there. Some examples that's not doll or goods related - if you want to see the J-pop group AKB48, even though they have a few concerts A DAY in Akihabara, you still have to enter a lottery for tickets. They bother to open stores that only are open for a day or a week or a month. Many CDs and DVDs/BluRays come with a "first press" item to encourage you to buy it right away even though those things are far less limited. I could go on and on.

Making a lottery isn't JUST to make things seem "more fair" for the people who want it. It makes it seem "better" and "more exclusive" somehow if you win it.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

JRuzzy

I like that fact i can buy in parts, it means that DD's feel more accessible to me.

If i couldnt find any replacement parts if one was accidentally stained or damaged then i would refrain from playing with the doll too much.

I get more enjoyment from a doll i know i can easily play with and not be too worried about damages. not to say that i throw her around, but hopefully you know what i mean!

btw does anyone know if i can replace the arms on a DD2 body with ones from DD3 the double jointed ones?

"In a small, small world where my hands are HUGE!!"