Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OtakuDepot

What is your limit?

Celis814

For many years I kept a total of 10 and would sell one if I bought a new one. Now, I wrestle with which to sell and make excuses. 

Currently I have 15, 11 resin and 4 vinyl. 

I have plans for 7 more; Kizuna AI if I win the lottery, Miu and Shay by Ringdoll, Owen, Angela and Arsene by Dollshe, and 1 second hand Volks girl, Midori, trapped in Poland.

If they all are displayed my cabinets hold 24. The bigger issue is I have kept all the boxes and the shipping boxes so space is a problem. 

myownlittleworld

I used to have A LOT of BJDs and some DDs and Smartdoll. I sold almost all of them and took a break from the hobby for a bit. Now, I only have a few: 4 complete dolls, an extra head and now a MochiAshi body that is going to need a head. I find that I enjoy having just a few dolls and collecting accessories. 

DreamDollDesign

I have no idea what my limit would be, but I do know that there are still so many I'm looking for. I'm practically foaming at the mouth trying to find a Kizuna Ai. Would also love a Sakura Miku, and even though I'm kind of iffy on Sailor Moon's wig, I can see me caving and trying to get...all of them one day. Mars turned out so incredible too.

I also lean towards Snow Miku because I want all of the Mikus lmao. And finally, I want a DDP just to make clothes for. But the biggest priority will always be Kizuna Ai, then Sakura Miku.

CrazyDollPerson

My quest is to have one that I just adore above any others that I can be content with. It hasn't happened yet lol 

My dolls seem to be in contant rotation. I can't have them all, so I rotate some in, then some out. It never ends, and that is what makes me kind of queasy. I can be happy with some for a while, but then I see another and I think I have to have it and the cycle continues!

I do feel that my limit is 4 maximum at a time though. I can't seem to deal with more than that, and believe me, after having double digits multiple times, it doesn't work for me personally.

Irulazuli

Whenever I think "I think I am satisfied with the amount of dolls I have, I don't think I need more at the moment" there is a new dolls announced which would fit perfectly in my collection... although at this point in collection I know what I like in dolls and what is something I want. Right now there are three dolls that I am saving money for, all announced in 2020 (one is Elsa, of course).

Orenjiina

When I had originally set out on my doll journey, I said 1 will be my limit. Then 2. And now I’ve spiraled out of my original mindset and have 7 (though 3 are resin). I feel like 3 or 4 is the sweet spot. With 7, I had to store a few until I have a place with more space to display them all. I really want to keep my number under 10 now ultimately.

MoonyKat

I honestly don’t know what my limit would be 😅

I currently have 6 dolls in my group but there’s still several fullsets I want and several characters I would eventually like to shell.  I guess I will just collect until I run out of room haha 

Veravey

I'm embarrassed to admit I don't respect my limit as much as I should @onion22@

Though recently I have begun to sell parts of previous collections to responsibly get into BJDs. As a first impression, so far this hobby is letting me reinforce good saving habits! I'm really enjoying it so far.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

stellarfox

I hadn't thought about it, but I think it'll depend on my wallet and available space! I definitely lean toward minimalism. A few girls I really love over many that I just like.<3

• Like 1

nabeerain

At one point I had about 20ish dolls between my resin and vinyl collection, but I sold most of them. Right now I think I would cap myself at about 5 depending on the size. I lump resin and vinyls into the same collection, so it would be a mix of both, but I am really leaning more towards vinyl these days.

Miruna

It largely depends on the amount of space one has (unless you don't mind rotating). For me, it would be 20-25.

Misheru

What is a limit? *tease*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Tasuke

i could only dream of having even one 1/3 scale girl... let alone twenty or more!!!

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

monkeypizzasonic

I have a decent amount of dolls, but I don't trust myself to stick to a number limit, so right now I'm mostly going off space and what characters I really want/need shelled. I'm mostly trying to limit myself from getting more SD-sized dolls other than the ones I have already planned and focus on minis and tinies, since they're smaller and (usually) less expensive.

Ageha

I always thought I might have a least 7... perhaps up to 10. As it is, I have only ever had 3 resin to this day (although those 3 will never ever leave me), and still indeed would like more. For vinyl, admittedly, I had a hard time bonding with my DD Miku when I had her. I wasn't used to buying a character doll, and even as a die-hard fan of Vocaloid, silly as it was, I struggled I think with not feeling like I could freely change her eyes and hair. So I think, I look for a connection with the dolls that I have, and also don't want to neglect any doll over another in the long term, so ultimately I could only have as many as I would feel like I can appreciate fully at all times, and take care of. 

fate

So I don’t have a lot (8 total, three of them not here yet), but I feel like once you start it’s SO hard to stop lol. I have very low impulse control as well (though I’m trying to work on that). This month I did quite some damage as I put a resin doll on layaway and also ordered a DD from Mandarake. I think the only thing that sort of limits me is lack of space? Haha~

Gweneveryn

At first I was like... my limit is 2! now I have 5 and I'm planning another, really, the only constrait I think you have (besides your wallet) is space. I do feel like I should limit myself to only 1 or 2 dolls a year so I can save up for other things though..

babylily

I used to set limits, but I've definitely changed as I've gotten older. If I set a limit, but a perfect doll got annouced, would I have to change my limit or sell another of my beloved dolls to accommodate the new one? 

I used to think I'd never own an SD sized doll after only owning MSDs, but I fell in love with Athena :) Having limits might be helpful for others, but I don't think it's for me anymore!

abs2891

I haven’t set one yet and honestly I am certain even if I tried it wouldn’t work lol but I do think like some others that what will happen is I will become more and more picky overtime given I don’t have a lot of space to store and display these beauties and if I can’t have them out, then I’ll feel that owning them is a waste.  I do think if let’s be real, when, I get to 10, then I will start to look at, does it make sense to keep this doll body, or just the head, or is there someone on the shelf who might need a new home?

im not counting my obitsu 11’s as part of the ten

Shamrock

I really don't believe there is a set limit for adding more to your doll family except being able to afford to buy them!  I currently have three Dollfie Dream Sisters, but I have been wanting to buy a Super Dollfie and other BJDs.  I really want an elf BJD that is brown skintone like my DDS Shamrock.  Right now I don't really have any place to set them out or even take many pictures.  I think the male BJDs are more difficult to find as well as clothing for them... at least if you shop at Volks.  I probably will get a male DDS the same skintone as Shamrock (brown) from their Dollfie Dream Choice. 

luciaxtrix

I don't like keeping dolls around just because they're pretty, I much prefer having full-fledged personalities/stories for every doll and having a bond with them. So in that sense I do have a limit, because I currently have too many dolls to give all of them the attention that I feel they deserve. 

(Back when I just had one doll, I carried it everywhere and treated her like she was my baby. I'd tuck her in at night lol. But now that I have several, most of the time they just stand on my desk.)

So I'd say that my personal limit is four. And I'm trying very hard to cut down to that number.

apag22

Right now I have two smart dolls and one mini dollfie dream. I kind of wish I just had one smart doll since I feel like I'm not good at sharing my attention between the two 🤣 but now I also want a super dollfie?? Idk.. I may be selling one of my SmDs...

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

Emil

I think I have... 4 resins, 4 Dollfie Dreams, and 2 Smart Dolls? Most of the resins are 1/6 and 1/4 though (plus an 80cm LoongSoul boy) and don't take up much space. My preferences in dolls fluctuate a lot so I like to keep my crew varied, and admittedly some get more attention than others at times. I don't think I'll really set a limit outside of trying to keep my resins and vinyls a bit more balanced than they are now... So I might end up holding off on getting more DDs for a bit while I work on balancing out my crew a bit more 😦 The biggest thing is I like everyone to have a "friend" in their own size, because I don't want a doll to be alone 😅 as ridiculous as it may sound, it definitely plays into not really being able to set a limit for myself.

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Tenukihandcrafts

My limits are 1) space and 2) money. I have nearly as many floating heads as full dolls because I don't mind having to share bodies. It makes me feel like I'm keeping the hobby to some kind of limit and I can only manage 1 doll when doing photo shoots outdoors and 2 when shooting indoors. 

ChrisFhey

My limits are also mostly dictated by space constraints. I've one DD now, and one Resin doll (which I've finally unpacked after a million years), and one MDD body on the way. I think I could host a couple more, but it would be at the cost of desk space. If I had a dedicated room for my figures / dolls, I'd probably have more than I do.