Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OtakuDepot

What is your limit?

BeyondTime

@cfx I think I’ll stay away from proxies cause I’m naive and I’ll probably end up with my identity stolen. I just learned about Mandarake and I like their stuff!

Realize with Mandarake you will need to use a credit card that participates in the Verified By Visa program, a Mastercard that uses the equivalent program for verification of Mastercard charges, or Paypal using the primary payment method setup on your paypal.

The way Mandarakes paypal processing works is more of a 1-click purchase mechanism, so if your primary payment method in paypal is your checking account that is where the funds will be withdrawn from when you click "place order" on the Mandarake site. You don't get the option to select another payment method during the process.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Sniiksnak

Realize with Mandarake you will need to use a credit card that participates in the Verified By Visa program, a Mastercard that uses the equivalent program for verification of Mastercard charges, or Paypal using the primary payment method setup on your paypal.

The way Mandarakes paypal processing works is more of a 1-click purchase mechanism, so if your primary payment method in paypal is your checking account that is where the funds will be withdrawn from when you click "place order" on the Mandarake site. You don't get the option to select another payment method during the process.

Oh that's very good to know. I'm glad I didn't find that out on my own. :o

BeyondTime

Oh that's very good to know. I'm glad I didn't find that out on my own. :o

Yeah first time I paid for a doll through Mandarake's paypal service I got surprised, and had to scramble to adjust my accounts to pay for other things. That's why I always warn people. I believe Buyee is the same way.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

I only use Paypal where I can't use something else so I didn't know about this. I always use a credit card with them though I had to find a new one I could use after they implemented the requirement for Mastercard Securecode and Verified by Visa because few cards in the US support those.

galatia9
Mh, recently I'v received my first DD (Snow Miku) and I'm very content with that one girl. I do not think I'll purchase another one... at least that's what I think right now xD

And besides that I don't want to "share" my DD with anyone else even if it would be another doll - does anyone else gets possessive about their doll?

Snow Miku is beautiful!! If your limit is one, good choice! The more I see her, the more I think I want her. Her coloring is so pretty, too.

I find I am more possessive about my dolls' characters than I am about the dolls themselves.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Ayanami
Mh, recently I'v received my first DD (Snow Miku) and I'm very content with that one girl. I do not think I'll purchase another one... at least that's what I think right now xD

And besides that I don't want to "share" my DD with anyone else even if it would be another doll - does anyone else gets possessive about their doll?

Snow Miku is beautiful!! If your limit is one, good choice! The more I see her, the more I think I want her. Her coloring is so pretty, too.

I find I am more possessive about my dolls' characters than I am about the dolls themselves.

Linda S.

galatia9

Snow Miku's face up is gorgeous! The gentle blushing and light pink lips compliment her blue eyeliner make up so well

I'm still in the process of making up the character of my doll, it's such an enjoyable process of figuring it out.

sinclair

I think I've said it before in this thread even, but I have no limit anymore. I have 6 currently, and with be entering to get Sailor Moon. Then I have hard plans to get 2 more that are OCs. There is a character doll I want, but only if I can find her at a decent price as I'm not yet willing to spend the current going aftermarket price. That'd put me at 10, and that's if Volks never releases another girl I want. I'm still also on the fence about getting a Snow Miku as I have a standard Miku already, as well as stilling thinking about getting Rin.

Skadi

I just ordered my first doll. I'll post in this thread so that I'll be able to read it in a few years and laugh about my past self.

I want to try to set my self a limit of 1 doll per year.

And I only exclude Luka from that rule because I love Luka more than anyone else.

I ordered DD Mirai yesterday. She will be my first doll.

2019 and 2020 I want to buy a MDD and a DDP (or a Obitsu 48/50cm body).

I know exactly how I want my DDP to look like so I might buy her first.

I have some ideas for my MDD but I didn't decide on anything so I might buy her one year later.

In 2020 or 2021 I plan to go to Japan again. I will try to buy one doll there because it's going to be much cheaper.

Let's see if I'm going to have 20 dolls in 5 years.

Kazumi

I don't want to set a limit for myself because I know I'll break it. I'm already at 8 resin and 2 full DD (+ 2 floating heads). And I think around... 14-15 Pullips? I like doll collecting. It's stress relieving. My BF collects figures and is interested in the hobby, too, so I can't imagine what it could end up as one day in the far future. As long as I'm putting my needs first and my hobby second/third, I'll probably eventually work my way down my list. Gotta work on these current projects first unless one of my immediate wishlist dolls pops up at a price I can't refuse (or another custom head. I'm addicted.)

At Home: Yaya (DDS DDH-06), Love (DDS DDH-11), Hanako (DDS Mariko), Himeko (DDS Mariko), Remy (DDS Yukiho Hagihawa), ? (DD Saber Lily), ? (DD Yuki Morikawa), Jisoo (DDdy Takane Shijou)

pettook
I just ordered my first doll. I'll post in this thread so that I'll be able to read it in a few years and laugh about my past self.

LOL yes.

I'd like to try and limit myself to one full doll a year (resin or vinyl). In a perfect world I'd only buy dolls I pan to and not impulse buys, but I don't think that's realistic for me

Keijogirl

I tried to limit myself but all I kinda did was kinda torture myself lol

I just like the ones that I like and do part with the ones that I don't.

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

buncho

I think some time ago I said 15? We are... very quickly reaching that cap. I might set a new limit to 20 and hope I never actually reach it.

Currently I have concrete plans for one more doll, but there are a few more sculpts I like and would not have much trouble creating characters for-- which is unfortunately where my problem lies.

Jezrah

I currently have 17 full dolls and one head. I have between 4 and 10 I would still like to get, depending on my mood. I would say I don't and have never had a hard limit, but as I approach 20 I am being more picky. I ask myself, do you reeeeeaaaaalllly need this one, is it different enough from the ones you have?

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

cfx

I wouldn't want more than 10. I think even with that amount it would be hard to have a special attachment to each one, and the thought of what that number would cost scares me and it's not something I can justify.

I like the idea of 5-6 at most better and I think that's easy enough to stick to. There's more than that I like, but as most of the already-released DDs that I like are sold at prices where I'll never own them (Takane, Chihaya, ...), it should be pretty easy to stay small for me.

PrinceMonochrome

I'm still waiting to order my first dollfie dream but I own plenty of resin dolls and anime figures. With figures, I was like I only want these two nendoroids. Now I have nearly 40 nendoroids, a bunch of figmas, and a handful of scales. The same thing happened with bjds. I said I only wanted one but I ended up with a full group.

I found out that for myself there really isn't a limit to my collections. I think as long as I can pay my bills and still be able to have fun with friends and family, I can justify buying a doll or two a year.

fifimoon

I've only just bought my first Dollfie (well, only the head at this point) and currently I only have plans for the one character. However I thought I would only ever own one resin BJD and 10 years on I have about 20...woops! I imagine it's only a matter of time before the DD situation is out of control

jaderose

While I'm still in uni/financially unstable and in debt, I don't want to have body duplicates. One DD, one DDS, one MDD, maybe a DDDy (they're growing on me), and a Smart Doll. The Pocket Dolls and off-topic girls could come in multiples, and I wouldn't mind an Obitsu or two if they're the ones with cute bodies

... well, crap. Let's say five.

The post above this signature was probably TLDR, and I am very sorry.

Singer Yuna

My summary is this:

2012 = Rise

2014 = Shiburin and Alter v.2

2015 = floating head DDH06

2016 = floating head DDH09

2017 = Anya and Nagi (and Vindoll male)

2018 = Yuki my holy grail and floating heads, with one dollce waiting for an MDD body

Ok,I have some problems with floating heads because the 09 one is still unpainted after all these years.

I don’t know how I am still surviving with 4 bodies, old Rise body, Rin body, white body and my first DDS in semiwhite from Anya. I’m really interested in a DDPretty and male pieces. So I set my limit in 10? DDs and a couple more of floating heads. Knowing of the announced DDs I wish to have.

Happy times when Rise was alone two years

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Mainframe110

I started collecting dolls in 2010, starting with resin bjds. I started out with a goal of a specific number of characters I wanted to shell, and then after a few years I have up on that idea as my interests changed and grew. I've owned 11 dolls in tha past and currently have 4 (all resin) and I'm waiting on my first DD. Right now I have """"plans""""" for 2 more vinyl dolls but who knows! I could end up with 20! Or none at all! That's what I love about this hobby, theres always something new to try.

20blackbags

For now, my limit is five. I tend to prefer the custom Dollife Dream heads, and not the other releases available. Its easier for me resist wanting more because I'm picky about faces. That could change if Volks starts selling more boys, but for now my limit is five.

luvira

I've just order my first DD on a whim (MDDs are too cute to resist!) so I'm trying to limit it to just one for now. I already have a closet full of resin dolls, and I don't really want my vinyl family to grow to that size too. :'D

But I do foresee myself owning more than one MDD further down the line, when I'm more confident about my ability to care for them properly.

Sunnie

Counting my offtopic dolls, I'm already at my limit space-wise (5 SD-size, 6 mini-size, 4 tinies) - they fill up my designated doll area without the two currently on my desk! I may have to prune some of my collection to make way for wishlist/grail dolls, but it's hard when they're all still so cute.

As far as just Dollfie Dreams, I'd like to have a variety in the future - I wouldn't want more than two on the same body unless they're wildly different from each other. When I have dolls that look too samey, I usually end up selling off one of them.

Orao_22

I used to think that buying a Dollfie was beyond my limits to be honest I've wanted to order one for a while, maybe over a year, and I had been trying since then to convince me not to do it. I noticed that for this money, I could buy an used car, or pay the rent and bills for a couple months, or get the airsoft kit I've always wanted with more money to spend... Hell, I even gave up when I noticed I could rent a villa in Italy for a week and get myself plane tickets there for the price of a doll! I'm not joking!

However, as you may have noticed, I'm there right now... So, I just think I'll stick to the car I already have, pay the bills normally, and go on a great holiday in a villa.. with a couple dolls along with me

Gabriel
I used to think that buying a Dollfie was beyond my limits to be honest

Same here.

Orao_22

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case for most of us... Hell, I almost fell dirty at some times! But I've been so happy since I've ordered my doll, I've been checking the tracking number pretty much every day, that I finally understood I made the right choice, I rarely awaited something so eagerly.