Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OtakuDepot

What is your limit?

GreenDragon

First of all Billy I love, love, love your pictures of your daughters swinging from the chandelier's (spelling ) so darn funny.

I've been collecting DD's for four years now, and like some of you I started off with a bang. Four dolls within my first 6 months. and then it slowed down to two a year, until 2017 when I didn't buy anyone.

I'm happy with my collection right now, and really don't want to add anyone else. Except. If Volks wold ever make a DD with elf ears I would be all over that.

I do have resin BJD's as well, and they are all the tinies. Soom Monthly dolls, Lati Yellow and White, ect. I used to have MSD's and SD's but didn't like the larger sizes in resin. I agree with others that vinyl is the way to go for the larger dolls.

asianed

I'm happy with my collection right now, and really don't want to add anyone else. Except. If Volks wold ever make a DD with elf ears I would be all over that.

Asuna v2 has elf ears... be enabled and go get one.

Monty

So does Emilia and Kirika. They're all different types of elf ears too.

GreenDragon

This is what happens when I visit this forum. Yes I need Asuna v2. I've been enabled.

Cauldroness

Melty and Emilia have tiny elf ears.

Asuna v2 and Kirika have big (detachable) elf ears.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

MegWesley

I've actually been thinking about this a lot recently. I think my limit would be either 3, 5, or 7. And that is only because I have a feeling that anything going down to the mini side would have to come in pairs! But a happy number of big girls for me would be around 3 to 5 because I love doing themed outfits. Or I will once I get time to actually craft again! Going back to school is challenging because school and craft supplies for school suck up your budget for dolly and crafty things.

Home: Hatsune Miku ♡

Bellatrix

I suppose that my limit was 15 I didn't have time to care for all of them, so I just massively reduced my collection. Now I own (and plan to keep!) 5, and I am on the hunt for Anastasia, which will be my final dd, hopefully.

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Asellus

Six at most. At one point, I was up to 17 resin BJDs (including my one DD) and it was way too much. Now I've got myself down to four BJDs and one Dollfie Dream and even then, the BJDs might continue to leave.

I think ideally I might even cap out at three, that way I can spoil the heck out of them as I already do my one DD.

Taking an extended break from any purchases to save up for Mariko!

berettapunk

I don't want a limit, I feel as long as there will be girls I adore, I'll keep going lol. I have 6 DD atm, 3 dd on the way, one resin of the dollface character from the comic book. So i will have 10 dolls over all and next year I'm wanting to get at least one of my dream dd girls and a smart doll ;-p

I gots the vinyl fever

Edited by Guest

OMG WHERE ARE THEY ALL COMING FROM?!?!

Ayuuya

When I got my first DD I thought she would be the one and only At the time I was more into BJD.

Fast forward to now and I think I've reached my limit ( 36 dolls, 18 of which are DD& there are a few on the way;;; )

I'm actually planning on selling a few of the dolls I haven't gotten any attachment to in order to free up much needed space& extra funds :'D My current goal is to keep the number of dolls I own to less than 40...

galatia9
When I got my first DD I thought she would be the one and only At the time I was more into BJD.

Fast forward to now and I think I've reached my limit ( 36 dolls, 18 of which are DD& there are a few on the way;;; )

I'm actually planning on selling a few of the dolls I haven't gotten any attachment to in order to free up much needed space& extra funds :'D My current goal is to keep the number of dolls I own to less than 40...

That's a good idea, I want to do that too. I have about 50 BJDs, with about 14 DD/Obitsu vinyl dolls. I made two lists, of the 25 most loved dolls and the 25 least loved dolls. It really helped me sort out who I want to keep and who I might want to let go. Right now, I think I could sell about eight that I wouldn't miss too much.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Sniiksnak

I’d probably never own more than 3 at most ever. I’m perfectly content with just Rin but I’ve been eyeing Miku as an older sister for her. I didn’t want her to get lonely. XP

Gabriel
I’m perfectly content with just Rin but I’ve been eyeing Miku as an older sister for her. I didn’t want her to get lonely. XP

That's how it starts.

Sniiksnak
I’m perfectly content with just Rin but I’ve been eyeing Miku as an older sister for her. I didn’t want her to get lonely. XP

That's how it starts.

I’m scared

• Haha 1

battrastard

That's how it starts.

I’m scared

Be scared, be very scared

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Sniiksnak

That's how it starts.

I’m scared

Be scared, be very scared

D:

• Haha 1

galatia9
I’d probably never own more than 3 at most ever. I’m perfectly content with just Rin but I’ve been eyeing Miku as an older sister for her. I didn’t want her to get lonely. XP

Having them interact with each other is SUPER fun! A whole new world of enjoyment. I think one doll would be lonely.

Linda S.

galatia9

• Like 1

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Sniiksnak

Having them interact with each other is SUPER fun! A whole new world of enjoyment. I think one doll would be lonely.

Linda S.

galatia9

I agree. I’m going to save up for Miku for my next birthday as I bought Rin for my upcoming birthday. Give me lots of time to save up and bond with my current doll. c:

It’s really hard though cause everyone’s dolls look so cute when they’re posed together, makes me want to dive into my savings.

BeyondTime

I agree. I’m going to save up for Miku for my next birthday as I bought Rin for my upcoming birthday. Give me lots of time to save up and bond with my current doll. c:

It’s really hard though cause everyone’s dolls look so cute when they’re posed together, makes me want to dive into my savings.

Miku DD is pretty awesome, and they seem to offer her for sale regularly. Odds are you won't have to buy her after market. If you didn't want to wait I highly suggest learning to use Yahoo Japan Auctions through a proxy. You will save hundreds. The ebay markups are absurd and my guess is at least some of them are actually taking your money then turning around and buying the item you ordered through YJA, and having it shipped to you through their own proxy. You end up paying hundreds extra for what amounts to the same service as just using your own proxy.

Once your post count here is high enough you can use the market boards here on the forum to search for a Miku. You'll probably get a better price here than on ebay.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Sniiksnak

Miku DD is pretty awesome, and they seem to offer her for sale regularly. Odds are you won't have to buy her after market. If you didn't want to wait I highly suggest learning to use Yahoo Japan Auctions through a proxy. You will save hundreds. The ebay markups are absurd and my guess is at least some of them are actually taking your money then turning around and buying the item you ordered through YJA, and having it shipped to you through their own proxy. You end up paying hundreds extra for what amounts to the same service as just using your own proxy.

Once your post count here is high enough you can use the market boards here on the forum to search for a Miku. You'll probably get a better price here than on ebay.

Thank you! That was really helpful. Yahoo Japan auction perplex me. I’m trying to figure it out but right now all I know how to do is look at the pictures. eBay is terrible and eats my money. ;-;

BeyondTime

Thank you! That was really helpful. Yahoo Japan auction perplex me. I’m trying to figure it out but right now all I know how to do is look at the pictures. eBay is terrible and eats my money. ;-;

Find a proxy. The ones I know are Buyee, From Japan and Samurai Buyer. I've only personally used Buyee, but other folks on the forum have used the other two.

Searching is easier if you look up the Japanese text for the character name, and search using that. Wikipedia is usually good for that part. Volks part numbers can work, but they can be hit and miss.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

It's been a while, but I've used Rinkya for Yahoo Japan many times. Their service and packaging is really good. I've always read they're one of the more expensive proxies, and perhaps it is true but when I've tried to compare fees I've never found much difference.

Something to be aware of with the proxies is most of them have a rather convoluted system of fees where if you aren't careful the first time you use them you'll be unpleasantly surprised at what the total cost actually is.

DD Miku is readily available unused on Mandarake for 700,000 yen. I don't know how that compares to YJA as I haven't looked, but it's certainly far better than ebay "baka gaijin" pricing.

Sniiksnak

@Wolf oh yes I’ve heard about Samurai buyer, don’t they do monthly goody boxes and stuff? This proxy business sounds.... hard.

@cfx I think I’ll stay away from proxies cause I’m naive and I’ll probably end up with my identity stolen. I just learned about Mandarake and I like their stuff!

Thank you both for helping me shop smart in this doll eat doll world! I’m learning a lot.

Ayanami

Mh, recently I'v received my first DD (Snow Miku) and I'm very content with that one girl. I do not think I'll purchase another one... at least that's what I think right now xD

And besides that I don't want to "share" my DD with anyone else even if it would be another doll - does anyone else gets possessive about their doll?

buncho

I've declared to a few people that I'm pretty much done collecting. I have 12 characters that needed shelling, and all have them have been shelled. It's kind of a relief to be done, honestly, and now I don't have to worry about incurring a lot more doll expenses and can focus more on crafting for them. The only exception to this is the possibility that I might be modding myself a tan boy come the warmer months when that skin tone is available at DollPoint again.