Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OtakuDepot

What is your limit?

Chingu93

My limit was 4 but i currently have 8 with 1 more coming this week and I'm getting a custom head in July ,you can never stop at 1 1🤣

• Like 1

SakuraRose

I thought my limit was also 1....I didn't want to count because I wanted to avoid reality lol. Aaand it turns out I'm at 11?! WHAT. I'll stop after 1 more -- no, just 2 more! x_x

I think I screwed up when I got into doing my own face ups. I started to appreciate sculpts more and imagined what kind of face up I'd like to do on them. It's nice to have a creative outlet, but it sure is an expensive one.

• Like 1

Oliver

I collect bjds and i never really had a limit. However i found myself to be overwhelmed once i get to 7 dolls and i end up selling a bunch. Im really close to buying my first vinyl doll and idk if it will be the same or not i do think so..

moerunamida

I said three but currently have 4. One doll I'm going to sell, because I can't fit four on the table next to me. I keep eyeing the Icons that are coming out, but then I'd be back at 4 and I don't like having one banished to another room. I do have 2  1/6 dolls, and I won't get anymore of them. They are just decoration; my bigger girls are my buddies.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

nettle_tea

I told myself when I bought my first doll in 2016 that my limit would be 5 dolls. However, I just hit that limit last week and now I'm like, "...do I really want to stop here?" hahaha... they really do have a way of multiplying. Now I'm not sure what my limit is. However, I keep telling myself that I am absolutely not buying any more for awhile so instead I want to spoil the dolls I already have.

lucidium

I have 3 smart dolls (1 perpetually in storage/for display, its kind of a long story). I find that I can't have more than that, and when I get a new girl I sell another one. BUT I haven't had issues buying one more of an entirely different type of doll (Parabox). So I think my limit may be 3 per type. Hopefully that means 3MDDs and 3 DDPs lol! 

I just really don't like it when one doesn't get attention, so having more than 3 SMDs felt like a handful to me.

Gabriel

Right at the moment, I'm think 15 is going to be my hard limit.  I'm trying to decide what DD I'd like as the capstone and final member of my crew.

But I've been wrong before.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
7 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

I'm think 15 is going to be my hard limit.

He still hasn't come to terms with the fact that this is Ranka's decision and not his. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Gabriel
13 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

He still hasn't come to terms with the fact that this is Ranka's decision and not his. 🤔

If Volks did more Macross girls or some of the outfits from UTA Macross, then Ranka would absolutely devastate my credit cards.

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Gabriel said:

If Volks did more Macross girls or some of the outfits from UTA Macross, then Ranka would absolutely devastate my credit cards.

My weakness, fortunately, is Gundam and not Macross.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Corgi

20 total (all doll type) would be my hard limit due to space. Currently, I try to have my dolls share bodies as much as possible to save space and my doll "count" lol 

Rumi

I think my limit would be 5, i dont have many dollfie dreams that are my grail girls since newer releases havent been my taste so far. But for me personally i think 5 dolls are enough so im not too overwhelmed :) 

Eiko82

I think 5 would be limited. I got 4 vinyl girls and I've been considering getting a fifth one. Tho I'm also considering selling one because 5 vinyl girls sounds a lot and I have limited space. 

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

AliceAlicaArisu

I'm saving for my first girl right now and plan is that she will be my only girl. I'm wondering if that will be possible though... 😅

💗 Waiting on DDH-29 💗

April

Is it bad that I don't think I have a limit? I currently have 13 dolls in total (4 DDs) and as long as I can fit them on the shelves for display I'm fine with that ! I get enjoyment from just seeing them on display. 

My husband probably has a limit. His limit was probably 1 🤣

• Like 1

Rizukaa

Considering I'm just starting in the hobby, my limit for now will be... 3.

One DDS, the Mochi-Ashi I plan to eventually pick up on a trip to JP and one extra slot just to be safe for future releases. I want to take it easy and gain experience along the way before I welcome more gals into my home. And since I'll have to move eventually, it's probably smartest to not own too many dolls by then.

Gallye

I have two girls now, a DD/M and a DDDy, and I'm going to try really hard to stop there. A lot of my problem with resin dolls was that I'd get them more or less set up and then let them gather dust while I flitted on to the next doll; this time I'm going to try to develop the ones I have instead of creating new ones.

Of course, I'm asking for trouble, just posting this! I already know that I might add a DD boy to my collection, if they become more generally available. So... yeah. 😅

Azael

My only limit is money! And possibly space... XD But in all seriousness; nope, I have never considered giving myself a limit on how many dolls. There's just so many different sculpts out there to restrict myself to only a few. And swapping heads isn't always an option.

-tries to count her collection- Umm a lot and it's an eclectic mix of vinyl, resin, hybrids, and off topic. XD;;

• Like 1

bluepita

15 seems to be my limit of BJD and vinyl dolls combined. I didn't really pick that number. When I buy doll 16, I start getting itchy and have to sell one or two. Lol, no idea why. It doesn't seem to have to do with space, as I can replace a 16 cm doll with a 60 cm and be fine. I usually have a core that I am really attached to and then some outliers that I enjoy but don't love quite as much. As more time goes on, though, my of my dolls are my core, which means I'll have to stop trading them out at some point!

Manaphyyy

Going into this hobby, I didn't really set a hard limit on myself because I knew I'd break it, so instead my limit is just based on my current comfort, money situation and how much room I have. At the moment, with resin and vinyl combined I have just under 20, and that seems to be about where I like it--my doll purchases are rather few and far between, and I'm enjoying completing the ones I have now. I am starting to get more into vinyl dolls at the moment (and am working on getting a Mochi Ashi currently), though, so we'll see what happens 😆

IceQueen

I have four SmDs and one Dollfie. Currently, I am done buying SmDs but I would like one mini dollfie and then I want to be done with my purchases of dolls. Honestly, I could buy them all the time but it’s a matter of space for me. I like to have my girls neatly displayed and it’s become a chore to figure out where they’re going to go these days (I just moved and my room is small). Starting to get stressed out with buying clothes too because I love having a variety of outfits but I feel like I have so many girls that need different wardrobes haha.

• Like 1

MissLadyBossy

I will have 12 dollfie dreams, but maybe close to 50 dolls total if counting other types like Azone, Pullip, Bjd, and Obitsu.  It depends on money and the strong feelings I have for it.

Home: Alter (Anya), Sakuya (Layla), Extra (Sasha), Aoko (Nadia), Beatrice (Sophia), Alice (Elyse), Mariko (Madeline), Sailor Moon (Serena), Mercury (Ami), Mars (Rei), Jupiter (Lita), Venus (Mina), Transcendence Gray (Lexa) and Tea (Sloane)

TithorArgentus

I honestly thought i'd stop after 4-5 but uhhhhhhhhhhhhh nope, not happening. 

engelinvitro

I bought a DDH08 head last year. With how difficult it is to procure a DD boy body, I thought it would be my first and last. An impulse buy MDD, a DD girl, and two tan DDs planned for later... I really didn't expect my collection to grow at all. Then again this is the same mentality I had when I started out in the BJD hobby, too 😅

PumpKing

I don't really have a set limit, it's more of a spacial thing.
When I run out of room, then its time to stop!

My current doll shelf is just about at capacity (with resins, I guess its a bad time to get into vinyls!) and I'm slowing down. 

But, my partner and I are trying to get a place of our own and we want a 3 bedroom so we can each have our own office.
My own office means bigger shelf, bigger shelf means more dolls. 😉