Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MaxArcher

Outfits that stain.

Xiongmao

Ciel's outfit is a stain monster. It looks like just her hands are stained. So use a bodysuit and take care when posing ur Ciel, and don't pose her like this...

spacer.png

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Xiongmao

Ciel's wig also stains a bit. I'm puzzled by this because the wig cap is quite light but her forehead has a stain. Maybe it was from some stitching. In future we'll be sure to wear wig caps at all times. It can be difficult to fit them with some wigs though.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Kemonomimicry

The Volks school swimsuits are stain monsters.

OTOH, the Black Label Shion Komachi, which based on the color (dark red) I expected to stain heavily, until now hasn't. It helps that it's lined in white on the inside.

• Like 1

RozenGermain

Apparently even plastic can stain! I............. had a black rosary on my MDD and it stained him somehow haha! Thankfully not too bad! If I wasn't atheist I would say it was maybe because I did a blasphemy and used a rosary as a necklace (a big no-no for Catholic Christians)!

• Haha 1

Kemonomimicry
8 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

Apparently even plastic can stain! I............. had a black rosary on my MDD and it stained him somehow haha! Thankfully not too bad! If I wasn't atheist I would say it was maybe because I did a blasphemy and used a rosary as a necklace (a big no-no for Catholic Christians)!

Certain types of plastic, like nylon, can be dyed. It's possible to use special formulations to do this, but I've also seen people use commonly available dyes including food dyes.

The normal way to get coloured plastic is to mix in coloured pellets during manufacturing, but obviously this might push the price up. So some companies ressort to dye instead.

• Like 1

Stupid_Hoomun

DD Yaya. Her supplied outfit is lined red. I put her in a body suit but where the cloth has touched her hands it has stained them red. It looks like blood so the rest of my girls have started calling her 'The Butcher'

DDS Youmu Konpaku has black socks which left faint patches of staining when she wore them for less than 2 hours.

I've learnt that a lot of the DD shoes that are black or brown will leave dark gunk on the feet. I'm assuming its left over adhesive, it penetrates through socks so I usually apply skin protection tape to feet to try avoid this.

My general rule is if the outfit has any dark items or red on the main components like tops/bottoms they will get a body suit. Dark accessories like socks, gloves, chokers, will get stain tested on a spare set of hands. Any wigs that have a dark lining get paired with a cloth wig cap.

• Like 1

puxlavoix
On 4/10/2024 at 10:18 AM, Xiongmao said:

It can be difficult to fit them with some wigs though.

The fabric ones that Volks sells are very good both for keeping the wigs in place and especially for avoiding stains, and in some way, they make very tight wigs easy to fit despite them.

• Like 1

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

Rheynna
Posted (edited)

Shin Sato's microphone/wand left stains on the inside of her hands when she held it for just a few minutes while I took pictures.

Fortunately I was able to remove it completely with a slightly damp magic eraser.

image.png

Edited by Rheynna
  • Sad 1

SonataAvalon
3 hours ago, Rheynna said:

Shin Sato's microphone/wand left stains on the inside of her hands when she held it for just a few minutes while I took pictures.

Fortunately I was able to remove it completely with a slightly damp magic eraser.

image.png

This sounds like something you'd see on the news for an incident about an idol group lol

And here I thought Pullip clothes had especially have really corrosive paint, it's something that leaves a mark but it's easy to clean, even though it's no longer fresh. 

• Haha 1

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

Shiiza

I am sure no one is surprised by this, but Y'shtola's outfit and boots stain. My DD Y'shtola has staining around her elbow joints and upper thighs from her outfit. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

SonataAvalon
15 hours ago, Shiiza said:

I am sure no one is surprised by this, but Y'shtola's outfit and boots stain. My DD Y'shtola has staining around her elbow joints and upper thighs from her outfit. 

I am a bit surprised about this information though I can expect this to have happened, though I'm no collector, but I do know a thing about the process of painting things onto items. 

Anything can stain and will eventually stain on white things, be it vinyl or any plastic. 

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

Zai
On 4/25/2024 at 7:23 AM, Shiiza said:

Her outfit is so stunning so it’s a shame but I never keep her in it for more than a couple of days because of this, and even then I’m having to magic eraser the stain rings around her thighs where Volks have left an exposed ring of black pleather to touch her skin if I put her boots on without some thigh high socks. I haven’t encountered the elbow staining, thankfully, but I’ll keep an eye out for it! 

Also learned within a day of getting her to never, ever let her hands touch her outfit too. I now have a spare pair of tan stain testing hands because of that, lol, nothing I do gets the stains off her fingertips. 
@onion16@

Edited by Zai

Vinyl friends: Stoli (DD Y’shtola), Raili, Yuzuha and Minami-senpai (Azone PureNeemo).
Future friends: DD Alisaie, DD Alphinaud, DD Icon and a TinyFox friend or two. 
Maybe future friends: DD 2B, DD 9S, DD Luka