Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MaxArcher

Outfits that stain.

Gunter
Does anyone know if the "My Dear Vampire" set stains? I'd really like to know! Please and thank you.

The My Dear Vampire set DOES stain. The socks stain, especially the band around the top that holds them up and the feet, didn't notice any on the legs otherwise. The gloves stain especially between the fingers. I think the pressure from the shoes and the elastic is what actually contributes to it staining (if I'm making sense.).

Didn't notice any other staining, and it seemed not to stain that badly but would recommend not keeping on for too long of a time. I had it on for two months and only staining seen when checked after a month was the staining around the thighs.

cfx
The My Dear Vampire set DOES stain. The socks stain, especially the band around the top that holds them up and the feet, didn't notice any on the legs otherwise. The gloves stain especially between the fingers. I think the pressure from the shoes and the elastic is what actually contributes to it staining (if I'm making sense.).

I'm assuming this is the minor stains on the body in your sales post. If so, you make perfect sense and it's consistent with staining others have reported here. Those bits on the thighs are indeed caused by the elastic or probably by the thread that it is sewn on with given the pattern the stains show, and those on the heels are either because that's where the pressure is put by standing, and/or the vinyl on the foot is already stressed there from the internal frame.

Anyway, thanks for the info and the more info we get here on this the more helpful it is.

Gabriel

Didn't notice any other staining, and it seemed not to stain that badly but would recommend not keeping on for too long of a time. I had it on for two months and only staining seen when checked after a month was the staining around the thighs.

I'd like to add some more details to this. I got one of the My Dear Vampire sets a while back. Last week, Tecra finally decided to wear it. I convinced her to wear a bodysuit, as the outfit has all the hallmarks of being a stainer.

However, I haven't noticed any staining yet from just handling the outfit or brushing unprotected body parts against the red. I haven't noticed any stain marks from handling the outfit and then helping groom Tecra. I'd still be careful, but it's not as dangerous as say the Mademoiselle Set which instantly stains on the slightest contact.

The only items touching Tecra unprotected are the gloves. She's worn them a week total. I checked for stains about midway through the week and again today. I didn't see any stains. I don't doubt they can stain, but my experience points to them being safe for short stretches of time.

I do not trust the jumper or the stockings and their garters at all. While the shirt protects the torso of the doll, the skirt doesn't have any lining, and the stockings require protection underneath. So a lower bodysuit seems fairly mandatory with this one.

BeyondTime

The black threads on the inside of Jeanne's sleeves stain. I also found a stain on her navel that is probably from the seam between the white material and the purple material on her dress. Everything else was fine, but I did use the flesh colored tights she came with.

She's worn that outfit since I got her back in late 2018.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Sad 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

sahn
On 5/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, mahouhaiena said:

I searched the thread but there is no mention of the Senbonzakura Len outfit. Does that mean it does not stain?

Old post, but no, it does not. The grey parts and stockings of the outfit definitely do not stain, and for the cape, I've had Len wearing it for extended amounts of time directly touching his neck and no stains.

Mega Negi

Megurine Luka's stockings/boots combo stain her feet. I suppose that given how tight her boots are, I shouldn't be surprised.

BeyondTime

The jacket on the New Generations set stains. The shirt does not, and the skirt has never been an issue due to the poofy petticoats that keep it away from the body. 

Usually its possible to keep the shirt in between the jacket and the doll’s arms but I posed my Shiburin in a way that brought her arms in contact with the jacket. She wore it for a long time, and got red blotches as a result. Mio, and Uzuki wore theirs for the same amount of time and got no stains, so the staining on Rin was almost certainly from direct contact as opposed to bleed through. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

The black camisole stains. And I mean the new one that is fully lined with white, but there are some black edges on the straps and those stain.

Edited by BeyondTime

cfx

Figures. When I saw that Volks lined that, and actually posted pictures on the product pages showing the lining, my first reaction wasn't "Cool, they lined this" but rather "This material must be really dangerous!"

@onion16@

Singer Yuna
3 hours ago, cfx said:

This material must be really dangerous!"

It reminds me Anastasia’s boots, all lined and her feet got a slight stain from the zipper xD

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Chihaya
On 7/28/2018 at 10:11 AM, Gabriel said:

I'd like to add some more details to this. I got one of the My Dear Vampire sets a while back. Last week, Tecra finally decided to wear it. I convinced her to wear a bodysuit, as the outfit has all the hallmarks of being a stainer.

However, I haven't noticed any staining yet from just handling the outfit or brushing unprotected body parts against the red. I haven't noticed any stain marks from handling the outfit and then helping groom Tecra. I'd still be careful, but it's not as dangerous as say the Mademoiselle Set which instantly stains on the slightest contact.

The only items touching Tecra unprotected are the gloves. She's worn them a week total. I checked for stains about midway through the week and again today. I didn't see any stains. I don't doubt they can stain, but my experience points to them being safe for short stretches of time.

I do not trust the jumper or the stockings and their garters at all. While the shirt protects the torso of the doll, the skirt doesn't have any lining, and the stockings require protection underneath. So a lower bodysuit seems fairly mandatory with this one.

I got this outfit a year ago for Chihaya and it has not stained at all. She's always in it. I'm sure it can but I think it's an old enough outfit to no longer stain older dolls. It may still stain a new f3 or something though.

Dollfie Dreamer, Minion of GEOTUS, idolm@ster

BeyondTime

The Blue on Saber Altria's outfit stains, but the stain mine got came from her hand touching the outside of the outfit. She's practically worn that set since she arrived with zero bleed through, so it's safe to wear, but be careful of how she's posed, and don't let it touch other dolls.

Edited by BeyondTime

RosyLiza

Does anyone know if the Magical Happy Vest dress set stains?

BeyondTime
25 minutes ago, RosyLiza said:

If you mean the set for DD/DDS L bust, it looks pretty safe to me. Everything looks to be lined with white or pink. The only thing I would worry about might be black seam threads. If there are any you can put Volks skin protect tape on the seams.

Edited by BeyondTime

Monty
28 minutes ago, RosyLiza said:

I had it on Luka for about a month without issue, but to be safe I made sure her hands didn’t touch any of the black.

cfx

Also be mindful of your own hands. I have no experience with this particular outfit, but some of the older Volks like the Saber maid dress will transfer dye to your hands when you touch them and then if you touch the doll's skin you'll stain it. @archangeli has a video:

mayaiincho
On 11/11/2019 at 11:39 PM, RosyLiza said:

I've had this on Marisa literally since day one. It's been very safe. Though she's not touching any of the darker areas. 

On another note, be careful about the new Alchemist set, the top layer of the long skirt the green side will stain. Alsty's fingers are green at the moment and I should buy one of those stain remover from Volks... 

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Takemoto

Every time I see that saber alter maid outfit I just want to roll up into the fetal position and cry in terror.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

monkeypizzasonic

I had my girl in the "Designer Collection “Opera Pink Cat&#8221"? outfit from Dolpa 4 NYC for years, and just recently noticed staining. Mostly around the lower torso/upper thighs, so it's either the shorts or the skirt part of the dress.

baldylox
On 11/20/2019 at 3:23 PM, Takemoto said:

Every time I see that saber alter maid outfit I just want to roll up into the fetal position and cry in terror.

Yup.  That thing actually stained a bust I tested it on within SECONDS.  Literally.... seconds.  I loved how it looked and wanted it for my Rei but once I found out it stained so badly, I immediately sold it off.  I've since purchased the first release of that set and with quite a few washes to it, it doesn't stain now.

Billy

EDIT = I can't spell.

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

WhiteLotus

The Spica Alchemist sets stain too.

cfx
51 minutes ago, WhiteLotus said:

I suspected they would unfortunately.

So, that's a reminder for anyone who might think that new Volks outfits do not stain that they most certainly do.

• Like 1

mayaiincho
On 12/16/2019 at 12:46 AM, WhiteLotus said:

I can attest to that there... I need to treat Alsty's stains from that set. Currently her fingers and her outer thighs are stained green from that dress. It's such an amazing dress and it just stains >.< I'm gonna try to treat those dyes tomorrow after I purchase some Shout ColorCatcher sheets.

Mine just sits all aired out till i can resolve this issue >.<

5BmKnAQ.jpg

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

mayaiincho

I figure ya may want to know how much dyes are in this dress... I did 5 separate rinses with detergents with those Shout Color Catchers. The first rinse is to the left and moving toward the right. I'm sure ill need to give it more rinses.

L4vWqtV.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2