Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MaxArcher

Outfits that stain.

sinclair
The Polka Dot Dress & Knit Cardigan set stains. The culprit is as you'd expect, the black parts of the dress. They stain and stain fast. Basically, it stains on contact. Be careful.

Now I don't feel so bad about not getting the polka dot dress. I wish they had used white like for the MDD version.

cfx
The Polka Dot Dress & Knit Cardigan set stains. The culprit is as you'd expect, the black parts of the dress. They stain and stain fast. Basically, it stains on contact. Be careful.

This is a new outfit and not just a rerelease, right? I had sort of deluded myself into thinking Volks was actually trying with regards to trying to make things not stain at least other than threads and edges and such.

LexiKat13

I had my dress on my Asuna overnight even and it didn’t stain

It_Maybe459

I washed the dress when I first got it. It’s been on my girl almost week now and no staining yet.

Thank for the heads up

Moonchou

I have Mashiro Mito and her leggings (black) stained her pretty badly, but it seems that her blouse left her spotless.

DefectiveAngel

Thanks for the heads up on this outfit. I was just staring at the Volks US page for this outfit and was having the great debate if it stained or not.

I think it's a shame that they made the MDD version with white, but yet did the DD version in black. That makes no sense to me. I think the white at the top pairs just as well with the dress. Well darn I really like this dress, but the idea of washing doll clothes is scary to me. I always think that I might mess it up after paying all that money.

tennyorb

I'm unsure if anyone had reported that Kirika's official attire would stain. The source of stain comes from the blue colored cloth of the chest. Previously I dressed up the doll in this cloth set for a week or two, and there were no signs of stain.

Mario
I'm unsure if anyone had reported that Kirika's official attire would stain. The source of stain comes from the blue colored cloth of the chest. Previously I dressed up the doll in this cloth set for a week or two, and there were no signs of stain.

I've had no stains come from Kirika's outfit. I kept mine on Rin for over a month in various temperatures and it did not stain.

sinclair

The red TYPE2020 Miku outfit left a black blotch on Miku's back. Other than that I didn't notice anything, but then I didn't really check, and she was wearing for 2+ months.

atomicwombat

Does anyone know if Kirito's undershirt stains? Debating on keeping just the T-shirt but I want to know the potential damage.

42466519222_929a6bdb7d_n.jpg

mahouhaiena

I searched the thread but there is no mention of the Senbonzakura Len outfit. Does that mean it does not stain?

LexiKat13
Does anyone know if Kirito's undershirt stains? Debating on keeping just the T-shirt but I want to know the potential damage.

It does stain, I washed mine a couple times and it still stained

cfx

These pantyhose from Taobao stain and stain badly: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-5546294136.88.151a7b15ISdnvE&id=39354145912

I don't know if they stain in the typical way since they're lined; I didn't leave them on. What they do is stain your hands (or gloves) which then transfers to the doll. Since they're not easy to put on if you have the experience I did you end up with fingerprint-sized blue stains all over the doll body from handling. I also got a few smaller intense stains that were probably from the top edge touching the vinyl while putting them on.

I'm extra paranoid about stains now.

Gunter

Does anyone know if the "My Dear Vampire" set stains? I'd really like to know! Please and thank you.

Sniiksnak

Was doing a photoshoot with Rin in the Dark Red Jumper Dress Set, the dark grey stalking stained her one leg. Basically anywhere I applied pressure while posing her.

I only had it on for 20 minutes.

cfx

Unfortunately it seems it's best to assume any Volks socks will stain and to wash them first.

Sniiksnak
Unfortunately it seems it's best to assume any Volks socks will stain and to wash them first.

Why is Volks like this? They only give me pain.

Sniiksnak

Since I’m allergic to body stockings, I doubled socked it with the glossy white stockings underneath. Hopefully that will help with future stain issues.

Wish I had thought rationally enough to do that before hand.

mahouhaiena

Will the socks definitely be safe after washing/colour sealing in vinegar?

sinclair

That really depends on the type of dye used. Not all dyes will "seal" with acetic acid (aka vinegar). And since there is no way to know what kind of dye was used, there can be no guaranteed given that things will not stain. Most things I have just thrown in the washing machine for 2-3 wash cycles and called it good. If it still stains, it stains and the girls get to go to the "spa" for treatment. You can not prevent stains in this hobby. You just have to accept that they will happen and prepare to treat them.

mahouhaiena

That really depends on the type of dye used. Not all dyes will "seal" with acetic acid (aka vinegar). And since there is no way to know what kind of dye was used, there can be no guaranteed given that things will not stain. Most things I have just thrown in the washing machine for 2-3 wash cycles and called it good. If it still stains, it stains and the girls get to go to the "spa" for treatment. You can not prevent stains in this hobby. You just have to accept that they will happen and prepare to treat them.

Oh darn, how often does something still stain after being washed a few times?

K-2
Oh darn, how often does something still stain after being washed a few times?

A lot.

I recently washed, rinsed and then soaked an item for over a week, changing the water daily. By the end of the week the water looked clear.

Stained a soft bust in about 10 minutes.

As sinclair eluded to, you can't win the stain game. You can just hope to stay even.

MVSig.jpg