Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MaxArcher

Outfits that stain.

BeyondTime

The ‘Swimming School Set Mini’ stains. It’s the threads at the seams that are the issue. Light stains up top, but dark on the hips right where the seam seems to be finished. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

The ‘Swimming School Set Mini’ stains. It’s the threads at the seams that are the issue. Light stains up top, but dark on the hips right where the seam seems to be finished. 

That may still be an imrpovement over the old school swimsuits. They're listed as staining in the long post at the first of this thread, but no details given. I assumed it was more than just thread in that case though.

Jezrah
2 hours ago, cfx said:

That may still be an imrpovement over the old school swimsuits. They're listed as staining in the long post at the first of this thread, but no details given. I assumed it was more than just thread in that case though.

Yes, I used to have the old version, my girl got all over blue freckles.

• Thanks 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

nettle_tea
On 12/17/2019 at 2:35 AM, mayaiincho said:

I can attest to that there... I need to treat Alsty's stains from that set. Currently her fingers and her outer thighs are stained green from that dress. It's such an amazing dress and it just stains >.< I'm gonna try to treat those dyes tomorrow after I purchase some Shout ColorCatcher sheets.

Mine just sits all aired out till i can resolve this issue >.<

Oh no!! I bought that outfit too but I was worried about whether it would stain. Thankfully I haven't put it on my dolls yet, so I guess it's time to put it through some rinses. Thanks for the heads up!

Elagabalus

Any word on if the Sailor Style Dress series will stain?

spacer.png

I suspect that the blue fabric is safe, but I don't trust the thread one bit and am currently out of masking tape. I won't even be able to order any more of the nice Volks stuff for at least a month OTZ

EDIT: Tested it on a headcap overnight, no staining from either the fabric or the thread. I held it down with a rubber band to simulate the pressure of being worn.

I think the ribbon on the socks is safe too (there's a bit in the inner seam that could touch vinyl) but it hasn't been on as long so something could pop up. I feel safe enough in putting it on a doll though. If anyone gets this outfit in other colors though, I'd recommend testing it too just to be safe.

Edited by Elagabalus
Tested the outfit

BeyondTime

Ranko V2s outfit stains. After a photo shoot I found a small pinpoint stain on her collarbone that I suspect came from the ruffles on her bolero or the stitching. Most likely it was from the parasol pressing the material into her collarbone.

On a separate note, maybe this thread should move out of the Dollfie Dream section. Since we now officially recognize other vinyl doll brands and they could probably use a place to post staining that affects other dolls.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
22 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Ranko V2s outfit stains. After a photo shoot I found a small pinpoint stain on her collarbone that I suspect came from the ruffles on her bolero or the stitching. Most likely it was from the parasol pressing the material into her collarbone.

I feared that ruffle stuff would be a potential stainer. If that's all you got it's not bad, but from what I know of how you do things and the wording, I'm guessing you only left her in the outfit for a short while?

I have been hoping I could leave her in it though figured I wouldn't be so lucky. That outfit is so her, and I'm having a lot of trouble finding anything else that is.

24 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

On a separate note, maybe this thread should move out of the Dollfie Dream section. Since we now officially recognize other vinyl doll brands and they could probably use a place to post staining that affects other dolls.

I would prefer separate threads in the various sections, or at the very least be sure to state what dolls were stained/not stained which is the type of rule that would probably get forgotten. My understanding is Smart Doll vinyl is harder(?) than DD so probably different in stain resistance.

There are already so many variables such as temperature, humidity, Volks vinyl changing over time, rereleases of black socks not being the same as earlier ones, etc. that I'd hate to further confuse the information here. And while there are certainly exceptions, it seems to me that there isn't a lot of use of Volks clothing on Smart Doll, and vice versa anyway.

• Like 1

Ethlynn

I have no  idea why my Mdd has never stained. I have sealed her and blushed her, but she’s never stained in any clothes or by any other means. She even traveled with me to nyc for school every weekend. Has anyone had this experience? 

BeyondTime
48 minutes ago, cfx said:

I'm guessing you only left her in the outfit for a short while?

A few hours.

48 minutes ago, cfx said:

I would prefer separate threads in the various sections, or at the very least be sure to state what dolls were stained/not stained which is the type of rule that would probably get forgotten.

The thread is really about outfits that stain though, and not dolls that get stained. It's not even limited to Volks clothing. The tread at the top includes non-Volks clothing, and nothing specifies that the dolls it stained must be Volks.

Edited by BeyondTime

cfx
56 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

[...] nothing specifies that the dolls it stained must be Volks.

Right, but given the previous focus of the forum, that was implied. Now it isn't necessarily, and that is the point I was making. My view is that there is potentially enough differences in the vinyl formulations between Volks, Smart Doll, and Obitsu, that saying an outfit stains isn't meaningful if it's not clear which doll type the staining occurred on. There's already differences in Volks vinyl over the years or to some degree from batch to batch, and I'd prefer if we didn't add to those variables by lumping all dolls together.

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime
11 hours ago, cfx said:

Right, but given the previous focus of the forum, that was implied. Now it isn't necessarily, and that is the point I was making.

An outfit from Nine9Style or TTYA that fits DD & SmD, and which stains, shouldn't need to be posted in multiple threads. The information on staining is still valuable for someone with a vinyl doll regardless of what doll it initially stained. I seriously doubt a Dollheart outfit that is super saturated with black dye isn't going to be an equal opportunity stainer across doll brands. Plus, considering all the topics related to Azone clothing on DDP and DDS, it seems likely have Azone clothes are going to end up being posted in this thread. Personally, if an outfit stained an Azone, I'd want to know about that before I put it on one of my DDs.

If this was a Volks only thread with only Volks outfits I could get making a distinction, but it's not. This thread isn't brand specific, and any makers outfit can be posted here, so I think this thread should move to a location that isn't brand specific. We've had a number of other threads from back in the dollfiedreams.com day that were renamed and moved. Just because it was implied Volks only on the old forum, doesn't mean it has to remain Volks only here.

I could also add that Danny's short jeans stained my DDS. Right in a spot that had the seam pressed into her by the saddle stand, so that's a smartdoll outfit that fits DD, and which stained DD, so knowing that has value to DD owners.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 3

Chiakisenpai

Not sure if this was mentioned in this thread already but Volks outfit Black Turtleneck Sweater & Plaid Short set stained my doll, super bummed since I only left it one her long enough for a photo session. The upper neck part toward her back is stained black 

Edited by Chiakisenpai

whitewhale

Dollfie Dream 2B’s black stockings are a stain nightmare.

Thought I’d put this here since I also said the same thing in the dedicated NieR:Automata Dollfie Dream thread. I was also surprised no one has spoken about this, seeing as Archangeli also didn’t seem clear on what parts of 2B’s outfit stain in her video.

whitewhale

For the record, 2B's visor/blindfold is also a perpetrator. The blindfold is lined well with white fabric on the bottom (the part which touches the face directly). A segment of the blindfold stretches over her right ear. As the edges of the blindfold, between the white and black, aren't also lined with white fabric, a part of the blindfold may touch the top of her ear. 

To render the blindfold safe, one would either need to put on a head cap and stretch it over her ear or modify the blindfold at this specific part.

RainyNights

@whitewhale Thank you for the info. I have been wondering about 2B's outfit since I have been afraid to stain her. Now I'll be extra careful around those parts when I do dress her in her fullset.

On another note, does anyone know if this "Cute devil hoodie" from Volks stain? I got super lucky and found it on second hand market for a great price, but I'm concerned about the outer black velvet materials and haven't tried it on my DD yet.

de2rsh3-6b022389-fa7b-4f39-954f-402c8e1d

Noxxbunny
On 8/2/2020 at 11:13 PM, whitewhale said:

For the record, 2B's visor/blindfold is also a perpetrator. The blindfold is lined well with white fabric on the bottom (the part which touches the face directly). A segment of the blindfold stretches over her right ear. As the edges of the blindfold, between the white and black, aren't also lined with white fabric, a part of the blindfold may touch the top of her ear. 

To render the blindfold safe, one would either need to put on a head cap and stretch it over her ear or modify the blindfold at this specific part.

Wish I had seen this beforehand. Can confirm it happens with 9S' blindfold as well, but on a part that I had assumed was safe. Somehow the top black part made contact...got a blue freckle on his cheek that I just found today. I've only put it on twice too... 😑

• Sad 2

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Meowjima

Any word on the Kizuna Ai set?  There's a good chance I might only put it on her once, if at all, for preliminary/box opening/arrival pics.  

Should I be safe with her wig if I do have a Volks' headcap?

StelSel
1 hour ago, Meowjima said:

Any word on the Kizuna Ai set?  There's a good chance I might only put it on her once, if at all, for preliminary/box opening/arrival pics.  

Should I be safe with her wig if I do have a Volks' headcap?

I've tested her set for 3 days now: boots and sleeves on a test body part and it hasn't stained  even with rubbing the black areas directly to the vinyl.
As for wig cap, l def recommend a fabric one.

magique

Anyone know if the blue sporty dress set stains?

Edited by sweets

GalXe

I received my first Dollfie (DDS Mars) a few weeks ago. She is wearing a body suit and wig cap (and no tiara/earrings/collar/...) so she should be safe from staining. She has black hair though and the end of her bangs are in constant connection with her face. Will this cause staining?

DreamDollDesign

I'm also curious if wigs can stain that way. And wanted to ask - do the body suits and wig caps completely prevent staining, or can a stain go through the fabric? And if an outfit is lined with white fabric, will that definitely not stain or is there still a chance?

• Like 1

Galvatim
7 hours ago, DreamDollDesign said:

I'm also curious if wigs can stain that way. And wanted to ask - do the body suits and wig caps completely prevent staining, or can a stain go through the fabric? And if an outfit is lined with white fabric, will that definitely not stain or is there still a chance?

There is a chance that stains will get through bodysuits and stain the vinyl.  I had my Rin Tohsaka sitting, wearing her school uniform and loafers with a bodysuit underneath, and after a few months, I was changing her outfit and found her feet had been stained.  If you're dressing your doll in clothes that could stain, check often, even with stain prevention bodysuits.  

jadepixel
8 hours ago, GalXe said:

I received my first Dollfie (DDS Mars) a few weeks ago. She is wearing a body suit and wig cap (and no tiara/earrings/collar/...) so she should be safe from staining. She has black hair though and the end of her bangs are in constant connection with her face. Will this cause staining?

It's pretty rare for the hair itself to cause stains - usually it's dye or threads in the wig cap. Volks Chihaya wig had fibers that sometimes stained, and wigs made with dyed fibers or pastel powder can stain, but those are uncommon. Most likely the hair itself is safe, but if you're really worried you can get a cheap obitsu head to test out wigs for staining.

• Thanks 1

DreamDollDesign
5 hours ago, Galvatim said:

There is a chance that stains will get through bodysuits and stain the vinyl.  I had my Rin Tohsaka sitting, wearing her school uniform and loafers with a bodysuit underneath, and after a few months, I was changing her outfit and found her feet had been stained.  If you're dressing your doll in clothes that could stain, check often, even with stain prevention bodysuits.  

Thanks for answering! 

What about sealing the body, then the bodysuit? Or are the stains pretty easy to remove with the renuzit trick, and you just have to keep removing them if they keep happening?

GalXe
5 hours ago, jadepixel said:

It's pretty rare for the hair itself to cause stains - usually it's dye or threads in the wig cap. Volks Chihaya wig had fibers that sometimes stained, and wigs made with dyed fibers or pastel powder can stain, but those are uncommon. Most likely the hair itself is safe, but if you're really worried you can get a cheap obitsu head to test out wigs for staining.

Thanks jadepixel you for your detailed response. I was having trouble tracking down this information and I'm delighted this is the case.