Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MaxArcher

Outfits that stain.

meltychoco_BJD
3 hours ago, finnleo said:

I had nero on display for a few years in her default before putting her into storage (IRL things, need the space), went to check the body and nothing really worth mentioning except maybe the shins got zinged slightly by the shin-guards (this happened too with Neu Bleu as I found out recently)

Nero's outfit is actually well made in terms of lining, where the backing thread is also white, and the top thread hasnt pulled through to the inside.

Although posing will be a thing, will there be touching of some of the red fabric/top stitching..

Oh that's good to know then!

For the shin guards, did you mean they dented her knees, or stained/marked them?

☆⋅⋆ ───FIND ME ON─── ⋆⋅☆

DoA | Twitter | Instagram

☆⋅⋆ ────── ⋆⋅☆

finnleo
48 minutes ago, ashefaust said:

For the shin guards, did you mean they dented her knees, or stained/marked them?

there are 3x15 mm sized stains where I assume the guard had been against the vinyl (that I didnt even try to clean up, because storage) ... though I suppose if you have a prolonged pose that pushes the hard bits against the vinyl in a warm climate deformation will happen... since seeing a Haruhi on Mandarake with a flattened butt.

• Like 1

puxlavoix

Does someone know if Rin Kagamine default outfit stain?

Im  curious,  since i just got her today and haven't got to put her together yet but have my  doubts mainly because her full body suit with her number on it gives me impression that I should put it on her but I hate them bodysuits so unless her outfit is known to leave stains on her, I'm gonna wash it instead before she wears it.

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

finnleo
3 hours ago, puxlavoix said:

Does someone know if Rin Kagamine default outfit stain?

its been six years since I did my default photo set with Rin, but I dont recall anything immediate. I know grey bits can leave marks over time, so the pants might do things if left for a static display, especially the threads. also I dont think she came with a bodysuit by default? But if you have it, I'd probably use it, though the pants will most likely be a pain to get on.

But I've also had outfits turn a bit more violent in terms of staining after some years in storage, but those have been black and red stuff.

• Thanks 1

puxlavoix

Anyone knows if Queens Blade Airi's default stains? Just got her and don't wanna stain that pristine new body 👨‍🦽

s737619424575262359_p730_i139_w570.jpeg

Edit:

It does indeed stain, I'd say its a stain monster. Almost when i had her all dressed up when I noticed a little faint smudge on her tigh, and then another again with the shape of a fingerprint which meant the dye was transferring into my fingers and then onto her skin. Needless to say I rushed to take it all off,  soap wash her, wash hands, etc. She has some white lining but its not enough so don't get fooled like me, the black parts still have lots of contact with doll skin.

Luckily the smudges are faint and i stopped the damage on its tracks, now gonna need to do a light stain treatment @onion16@

Edited by puxlavoix

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

Hachiihoney

I recently got a cheongsam from dollremi to celebrate the lunar new year. It had a white lining on the dress to prevent staining and I thought it was all okay and kept her in storage like that for a few days.

Took it out a few days later and I realised the red had stained her arms while in storage. Now I got the stain treatment going and I don't know how long it's gonna take 😭

• Sad 3

Mo3cha

Does anyone know if the black pom pom skirt stains? 

moerunamida
3 hours ago, Mo3cha said:

Does anyone know if the black pom pom skirt stains? 

The material might not stain, but if it is sewn with black thread, that will stain.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

chef_mai

To my surprise, the exterior of this Volks set stains. I was storing an unused doll body with this worn and tucked the arms in to avoid touching other things, but those arms made contact with the blue exterior areas. I was wondering how the sides of the arms would pick up noticeable stains and figured out that this was causing it.

It's not a big deal since the arms are really cheap to replace, and the stains will go away in time.

As far as I can tell, the inside is fine, and it's lined a little bit, but beware of the exterior despite the use of light fabric.

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Sad 2

Xiongmao

A reminder that if anyone gets stained you need massive amounts of heat (NOT light or UV) and some human acne creme containing benzoyl peroxide.

I put Kirika's bust part on top of my room heater and the heavy staining pretty much disappeared in an hour.

Just be careful with the heat source, although vinyl doesn't melt unless it's very hot indeed. A car parked in summer heat is a good alternative to a heater.

• Thanks 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

AliceDoll

Are there any types of fabrics to avoid? Or just darker colors? 

should I invest in a body stocking? 

mukyuu
42 minutes ago, AliceDoll said:

Are there any types of fabrics to avoid? Or just darker colors? 

should I invest in a body stocking? 

I've experienced staining with red fabrics.

puxlavoix

Anyone knows if Ryomou Shimei default outfit and wig stains? The bright blue of her dress and gloves sure look dangerous and while not very fond of the outfit I'm pretty positive there won't be anything for her to wear if she comes "home" for the foreseeable future. Same for her wig I'm highly suspicious the cap will be a deep black.

6905-d40c8.jpg

MagicalRozen
3 hours ago, puxlavoix said:

Anyone knows if Ryomou Shimei default outfit and wig stains? The bright blue of her dress and gloves sure look dangerous and while not very fond of the outfit I'm pretty positive there won't be anything for her to wear if she comes "home" for the foreseeable future. Same for her wig I'm highly suspicious the cap will be a deep black.

6905-d40c8.jpg

I can answer this. I had no problems with the outfit when my girl wore it. The gloves are separate vinyl hand pieces and don't stain either. The problem is the wig. It has a solid black cap and stains almost immediately. I would definitely get her a wig cap if she plans on wearing it at all.

Edited by MagicalRozen
  • Thanks 1

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, Ann, Sana, Kana, Robin, Amane, And Others That May Come And Go.

MagicalRozen

For all those who were curious, and if it hasn't been mentioned before, Aoko Aozaki's default outfit stains horribly. I had her in it for less than a week and deep brown stains now cover her legs, feet, arms and chest. Will be going through stain treatment soon. Definitely needs a full bodysuit if your girls plan on wearing it.

ddb-clm-0077_01.jpg.605ae906fcc4014abbf0f75221ca0dd0.jpg

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, Ann, Sana, Kana, Robin, Amane, And Others That May Come And Go.

Orpheus

I have a Rin coming in this week, how dangerous is her school uniform? spacer.png

Xiongmao

This Prayer Sister outfit stains 😭.

Of course I knew this heavy black outfit was a huge risk of being a stain monster, but it is lined. Unfortunately as you can see in this photo the insides of the cuffs are not lined. Towa and to a lesser extent Asuna now have blue stains on the wrist end of their arms.

Take this as a lesson that even while wearing a bodysuit, there is still a risk of staining.

I did think for a moment Towa's blue stains were caused by the Escalayer outfit (which is a deep blue) but it must have been the Prayer Sister outfit that stained her.

Oddly I've just noticed the stains - Towa has been wearing the Escalayer outfit for the past month, maybe longer.

spacer.png

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Xiongmao

These ToHeart 2 uniforms can potentially stain.

The only problem I've had is with the MDD version, and it's just two isolated spots on Rena's thigh and somewhere else. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but the colour matches the outfit she's been wearing for a while.

I don't think the pink parts of the uniforms (i.e. the sleeves) stain. The skirt is suspect though.

spacer.png

Rajke

The sword from Saber: #item620129 (hild) stains heavily. Be careful if your doll sometimes uses one. 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

CeliathePikachu

The insoles of Kaito's boots stain. I've started having him wear socks so they don't stain more, but I had him his default for an hour and it left stains on his heels. Haven't experienced any other staining with Kaito yet

Edited by CeliathePikachu
fixed spelling

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

Calyps0Kitt3n

Anyone know if Len's Senbonzakura outfit stains? Have him in it right now, but am worried about keeping it on much longer just in case. Same goes with Rin's, haven't opened hers yet to inspect cause she hasn't made it home to me yet.

mamiyaotaru

Saber Alter's purple dress + leather boots gave insane stain. I spent like half a year trying to remove it.
Pretty much now I dont let them wear strong colors without inner wear

mamiyaotaru

Saber Alter's purple dress + leather boots gave insane stain. I spent like half a year trying to remove it.
Pretty much now I dont let them wear strong colors without inner wear

Xiongmao

The Volks tennis outfit (on left, worn by Yoru) is a stain monster. The outfit itself is fine, but the ponytail wig the set comes with is a monster. Yoru was wearing a wig cap but that is quite badly stained and so was the back of her head where the wig cap wasn't protecting her head.

In 48 hours I've managed to remove around 80% of the staining. Fortunately it won't show too much when she's wearing another wig. Yoru is kind of cursed as she's going to spend most of her time wearing black wigs.

Anyway, just remember wigs with black linings are very suspect, especially if they're from Volks.

Oh and Uzuki's default wig (right) seems OK.

spacer.png