Sayomi

Photo-Randoms! SFW images ONLY please

Chiakisenpai

Christmas time!

IMG_2841.jpg

• Like 7

Oculae

20211222_215159.jpg.c60ecd1e7ebac61e1883653235f06e11.jpg

This little maid is taking a nice rest by the fire before running off to clean again!

• Like 3

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Ui-

Timing seems a bit off…. I guess we’re visiting Australia for Christmas. 

Towa and my custom Cotton, sisters out for a day at the beach:

image.jpg.107b9613f27097d54f9e9c4f3cb9bf6d.jpg

• Like 4

hats

My husband and I exchanged gifts a little early. I knew the DDS body was waiting under that tree all month (seriously, waiting was killing me). Absolutely floored by the custom work by Chocobana on my DD06 Miki Hoshii. Will definitely have to do a shoot with this girl after the holiday. 

45CB8560-8169-4AE9-A4C7-5946D94A5514.jpeg

• Like 8

ChrisFhey
55 minutes ago, hats said:

My husband and I exchanged gifts a little early. I knew the DDS body was waiting under that tree all month (seriously, waiting was killing me). Absolutely floored by the custom work by Chocobana on my DD06 Miki Hoshii. Will definitely have to do a shoot with this girl after the holiday. 

45CB8560-8169-4AE9-A4C7-5946D94A5514.jpeg

Very pretty doll. Congratulations!

• Like 2

AliensOfGold
On 12/23/2021 at 2:04 PM, foo said:

Pudgy legs.

51764425718_e27194768d_b.jpg

Comfy in Red by bodolza, on Flickr

You always have such flawless lighting. Do you use studio lights when shooting?

Ui-
14 hours ago, Beani said:

51774389039_929fa94bb1_c.jpg

Happy fried chicken day all!

Where the heck did you get Ram’s outfit!?!?

I’m literally drooling over that piece of chicken! I would KILL for that outfit for my own Ram… hahaha. That is one of the prettiest dresses I’ve ever seen lol. The stockings, boots and her neck and shoulder piece with the bow. Just omg. Lmao. I am in love 😂 Ram frowning at Christmas. Gosh that is so bloody cute. 

Whomever made it is a outfit designing genius, and you are a costume genius for picking the perrrfect doll for that outfit. I am imagining all my dolls in it and that is like the most perfect outfit for Ram ever. 

I was hoping for Snow Miku’s dress around this time but seriously ugh I wish they would stop pushing it back! It’ll probably be until next Christmas before we get it! Lmao! 😂

• Like 1

Subaru
27 minutes ago, Ui- said:

I’m literally drooling over that piece of chicken! I would KILL for that outfit for my own Ram… hahaha. That is one of the prettiest dresses I’ve ever seen lol. The stockings, boots and her neck and shoulder piece with the bow. Just omg. Lmao. I am in love 😂 Ram frowning at Christmas. Gosh that is so bloody cute. 

Whomever made it is a outfit designing genius, and you are a costume genius for picking the perrrfect doll for that outfit. I am imagining all my dolls in it and that is like the most perfect outfit for Ram ever. 

I was hoping for Snow Miku’s dress around this time but seriously ugh I wish they would stop pushing it back! It’ll probably be until next Christmas before we get it! Lmao! 😂

That is def a Holy Night Gifter outfit set.

• Like 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Anna-neko

yawp, seconding teh Holy Night Gifter set ID~ing!  It was an Idolmaster thing few years ago!
The red version was on Mandarake just the other day too

BeyondTime

I have the white version of Holy Night Gifter, and I got it from Mandarake. It’s a really popular Christmas outfit, nicest one they have made, but aftermarket tends to be in the $200 range. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

foo
On 12/24/2021 at 12:21 PM, AliensOfGold said:

You always have such flawless lighting. Do you use studio lights when shooting?

Thanks :) I use a two flashes, with one of them firing through a softbox. I also use lightmodifiers too sometimes, especially reflectors.

Softboxes are supposed to be used with continuous lights, not flashes, so it takes some experimenting to get it right. Two flashes are important though, because the one in the softbox is the directional light, and the other one I put somewhere in the room pointed straight up at the ceiling to work as the global light. Getting the balance between the two is important.

From left to right,

• Softbox flash on auto exposure, global light on some manual setting
  • Global light with a stronger manual setting
  • Softbox flash adjusted manually to be stronger so it's balanced

DSC_2281nx.jpgDSC_2283nx.jpgDSC_2284nx.jpg

Of course, sometimes just a lamp is fine too (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

DSC_2305nx.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AliensOfGold
2 hours ago, foo said:

Thanks :) I use a two flashes, with one of them firing through a softbox. I also use lightmodifiers too sometimes, especially reflectors.

Softboxes are supposed to be used with continuous lights, not flashes, so it takes some experimenting to get it right. Two flashes are important though, because the one in the softbox is the directional light, and the other one I put somewhere in the room pointed straight up at the ceiling to work as the global light. Getting the balance between the two is important.

From left to right,

• Softbox flash on auto exposure, global light on some manual setting
  • Global light with a stronger manual setting
  • Softbox flash adjusted manually to be stronger so it's balanced

DSC_2281nx.jpgDSC_2283nx.jpgDSC_2284nx.jpg

Of course, sometimes just a lamp is fine too (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

DSC_2305nx.jpg

God damn no wonder they always come out so nice.

Mine are just low effort garbage with my crappy phone.

foo
1 hour ago, AliensOfGold said:

Mine are just low effort garbage with my crappy phone.

I never thought your photos were garbage (・・') 

Beani
11 hours ago, Ui- said:

As others have said it is the Idolmaster Holy Night Gifter set in white. It looks great on Ram but fair warning the white one is designed for larger bust sizes. Ram is wearing the included padding but it’s still a bit loose on her. Just something to keep in mind if you are keen on a perfect fit. 

10 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I have the white version of Holy Night Gifter, and I got it from Mandarake. It’s a really popular Christmas outfit, nicest one they have made, but aftermarket tends to be in the $200 range. 

I definitely agree these are Volks’ best Christmas sets. I wanted the red one at release but couldn’t justify it as I didn’t even have a doll then (had just lost the Asana lottery I believe). I’d been looking for the red one ever since and while they are often listed around $200 each I doubt they clear for that often. 

I actually got the sets off Mercari in January this year for about 9000 yen each (unopened) so good deals are still out there. I couldn’t help getting both at that price and am so glad I did. They are wonderfully festive. 

Quick behind the scenes shot. 
51775968856_9d4ab35860_c.jpg

• Like 3

BeyondTime
31 minutes ago, Beani said:

As others have said it is the Idolmaster Holy Night Gifter set in white. It looks great on Ram but fair warning the white one is designed for larger bust sizes. Ram is wearing the included padding but it’s still a bit loose on her. Just something to keep in mind if you are keen on a perfect fit

I bought it for DDS S-bust Makoto, and it looks perfect on her. It may be designed for larger busts, but the shape of the outfit negates that distinction. To be fair I don’t have the red to compare to, so I can’t say if it’s the better fit. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani
34 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I bought it for DDS S-bust Makoto, and it looks perfect on her. It may be designed for larger busts, but the shape of the outfit negates that distinction. To be fair I don’t have the red to compare to, so I can’t say if it’s the better fit. 

The outfit certainly looks good on an S bust to me as well but yeah compared to the red it does look loose. The red is actually slightly too tight on M bust so I think S bust with padding would be perfect for red and M with padding would be perfect for white. But I don’t want to swap the outfits on the girls so..

di-chan123

I got some new eyes recently from itsumoyume_bjd on instagram. I think they turned out beautiful and am excited with how my Sakura and Syaoran look now 🥰

E10EF6B1-25DC-4A67-8F1F-548FCB107433.jpeg

• Like 7

Orenjiina
18 minutes ago, di-chan123 said:

I got some new eyes recently from itsumoyume_bjd on instagram. I think they turned out beautiful and am excited with how my Sakura and Syaoran look now 🥰

E10EF6B1-25DC-4A67-8F1F-548FCB107433.jpeg

Omg! Your Sakura and Syaoran are too cute! I think their eyes are perfect!

• Thanks 1

Oculae

21-12-30-15-32-34-169_deco.jpg.5e18baba21ff84fca5e98985f4b01022.jpg

Sonico in a maid café!

I posted the small 1 x 1 version of this on my insta, but had to make a 3 x 4 version too...look at her...she's begging to go on my lockscreen! 😆💖

• Like 9

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

foo

Happy 2022 :)

I was going to do something along the lines of Rin training her new kohai (maximizing donations is important),

ny2022-kohai-training.jpg

But then I remembered what year it was,

51792792133_44a57f2da0_b.jpg

Year of the Saber Lion by bodolza, on Flickr

Edited by foo
  • Like 7