Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

Danny Choo Smart Doll Boy [NSFW]

JChiibs

As per request, here's a thread just for Danny's Smart Boys!

~~

June 24:

~~

14522780883_be754954f6_z.jpg

Eiji Seiun- Smart Doll 008 by Sister Kyoya, on Flickr

Danny just posted this on Twitter!

~~

June 26:

~~

14492744006_c578e04d1a_z.jpg

~~

June 27:

~~

14334249278_7e77cd549d_z.jpg

Just by staring at the back of the knees, it is really hard to know what the rest of the sculpt looks like. But I can't imagine Danny saying "Here, this is what I made and you'll just have to take it because it's what's there." He has been really good about listening to and responding to feedback.

~~

June 28:

~~

I am in TOTAL shock. I was about to go to bed but compulsively checked Twitter first... and I'm SO glad I did. Two hours later and I'm still in shock. I still can't quit saying OMG!

14338438319_269d5f41f3_o.jpg

I am still truly speechless. I really have no idea why he asked me. If you are curious about the reference photos I sent, here is the Free! pics & the Ouran ones. I spent 45 minutes looking for good pics, but Free & Ouran were the only shirtless ones that had at least some muscles, or were decent.

I would say that this is a dream come true, but honestly I never even imagined something like this would happen. After spending pretty much the whole time I've been in the hobby talking about wanting vinyl boys, the only thing close to this that I could imagine was that if I was going to have one, I'd most likely have to make him myself and have him 3D printed. But sending Danny Choo reference pics? HOLY... um... snikies! I'm not even on cloud 9. I'm flying out in the middle of the freaking Milky Way.

Yeah, I don't think I'm getting any sleep tonight.

~~

June 29:

~~

14346165099_9cc783103a_z.jpg

Smart Boy by Sister Kyoya, on Flickr

14531305004_40222db130_z.jpg

Smart Boy-2 by Sister Kyoya, on Flickr

I really should be asleep right now but saw these and thought I'd post them. I'll probably have more to say tomorrow, but my initial thoughts are that it looks really good (Arms/ legs have muscles!) but I think the abs are a bit too defined? Here is my point of comparison (because Eiji is supposed to be high school age?)

14532815515_c5937b2d25_z.jpg

Lucas- DD(S) Bro by Sister Kyoya, on Flickr

Bust & torso- Obitsu, Body- DDS, Head DDH-05

I'm too tired to think properly but I am curious to know what others have to say.

~~

June 29:

~~

14533944822_1056bcd89e_z.jpg

OMG... Free! bodies! I mean, uh... it would be nice to have Rei...

Ok, geekyness aside I'm really happy that Danny is so willing to do two different versions. The only thing I'm a bit confused about is if the pics he posted last night were the macho version. I hope so. If it were the slim version, the macho body might look like a young Arnold Schwarzenegger. It is so awesome having a make DD type body, but I think Danny went a tad overboard with the toning.

I'd love for the slim body to be a slim body. I like my geeky boys. Sure it is fun to have the geek with the buffness (Angel Beats' Takamatsu) but that is the exception if you ask me.

Hmmmm, yep too much muscle definition for my tastes. I think something like this would be good:

http://doll-granado.com/body_lads

He (the Granado body) is very fit with some definition, but not bulging or too old looking.

Yes, this exactly!

~~

And now for your up to the minute news!

14351218760_5a5064a269_z.jpg

I would assume that hoso is referring to thin or slender. Romaji is so unhelpful.

I'm already starting to think how my DD t-shirt pattern would need to be altered for the Smart boys. Of course the fun part is doing the image designs.

~~

14535877541_c27d48fdc9_o.jpg

Smart Boy- Macho Thin Overlay by Sister Kyoya, on Flickr

I'm thinking this is looking good for a thin version, but side by side comparisons would have been easier to understand. If you squint a little it might make it easier. But even on the thin arms they have the shoulder muscles that so far don't look feminine.

~~

Posting will commence as usual.

~Sister Kyoya

Edited by Guest

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

JChiibs

It also looks like the arm pegs have been shortened so essentially it is a completely new upper half.

The more I think about it, Mirai's body and the Macho smart boy would be perfect for a couple of DD I've wanted to do for quite some time, and actually already have a place for them story wise as Dakota's sister & brother-in-law. Having them be the Smart doll bodies would be totally perfect.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the slim version. I'm starting to have hope that I might be able to do the full main cast from Ouran as vinyls someday since most would use the slim, except Mori (macho ver) & Hunny (MDD/Obitsu hybrid like Tamayuki.) I think it is good to have long term goals. I've thought about doing doll versions of them since before I knew about DD.

In case you were wondering...

14353353527_78e37543a4_z.jpg

And now just for the fun of it:

14559933803_65b231eeb8_o.jpg

I'd love to see if Danny would ever make this suit. I would have SO much fun with it!

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Aile

I'M MAKING REALLY GIDDY NOISES RIGHT NOW

Oh god I'd be fine if he'd come in that casual wear but Eiji in THAT? oh boy I'd love it. It'd be super adorable ahhhh ;w;

Also I'm digging the new outline so far ;o . Can't wait for AX to come soon and Danny reveals the sculpt (too bad I live halfway across the world tho ahuhu _(:3 )

CREW:

Haruna (Alter V2 remakeup ver) ☆ Nyx (Rise remakeup ver) ☆ Senka (Rise ) ☆ Aila (DDH-01) ☆ Nero (Saber Extra) ☆ Sora (Miku) ☆ Anemone (Sasara V2) ☆ Beauvoir (Sheryl Nome Remakep ver) ☆ Nymnir Nyven (Yuriko & Liliru) ☆ Jeanne D' Arc ☆ Y'shtola ☆ Leucothea (2b Remakeup ver) 

IG

JChiibs
Can't wait for AX to come soon and Danny reveals the sculpt (too bad I live halfway across the world tho ahuhu _(:3 )

I think it's in California? If so I'm only 2 states away and I can't go either. I'm hoping that Danny (or someone) will give us updates ASAP.

~Sister Kyoya

katnaper

I like the slim outline as well. The macho one is too buff. It reminds me of an IH body only in vinyl. LOL. I already have Kaylus to drool over so unless I want Tiger then I'd have to pass until I see owner pics at least. As for the slim version, well... lets just say that has a ton of possibilities. I'd want an Eiji just for himself and if Danny sells the bodies separately or offers blank head and just body versions of Eiji then I can imagine a few boys I'd want. Like SK the Ouran boys top the list but I woud have to find someone who can do their face ups since I am not confident enough in my skills. And my Allen might end up getting a different body. He might also end up with Natsu and Gray for buddies... LOL It certainly is easy to get one's imagination going. Anyway, I hope Danny updates us soon. I'd love to see a mock up of Eiji's head in 3D.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

WoundedNight64

I'm really loving the slim outline of the body so long as the actual definition of the the muscles is ok. The outfit would be really cute an as extra too! Eiji the school mascot would be totally adorable!

At home; DDH-07 'Medea',

Saving for; A body and Saber Lily ^_^

Waiting for:

JChiibs

*Stops to take a breath* Ok, I just have to say it... Why in the world does Danny keep asking me about the body proportions over Twitter? I don't mind at all, I'm just a bit boggled.

Anyhoo... Here are more info I was going to post about an hour ago:

New Smart Doll Guy post from Danny with screen shots!!

Since he asked me if I thought the legs were too long, I put this together for him:

14540483962_c1893d190c_z.jpg

Body Comparison- Smart Boy Draft & DD by Sister Kyoya, on Flickr

I think if the body proportions of the mesh (on the left) were lined up it would look better. Is it the pecs that are too short or does the torso need to be longer? Either way the calfs are too long. Do you agree, or did I overlook something?

~Sister Kyoya

Yukamina

The abdomen area looks a little weird, I feel like it should be more smooth and flat. I do think the calves are too long, but male BJDs tend to have long legs in general... They need to be tall (taller than some girls who have very long legs already), and end up getting a lot of height from the legs. They look fine with pants on. So, while I do think Smart boy's legs look odd, I'm not sure that it's a big deal?

Anyway, I made this sort of comparison thing:

smartboycomparison_zpsc8f3ab8b.png

Another thing that could use improvement is the ribs? They aren't visible at all, everything under the pecs is flat, it's another weird little thing. All in all, he's looking pretty good and it wouldn't be the end of the world if nothing was changed ^^

Sturmhornisse

I think the body is defenitely on the right way. I would buy it like it as the moment... But I am a bit careful with critic as I am not the biggest expert of proportionen with male dolls.

One thing I know... He misses nipples! I hope Danny will still add them. I mean they should not stick out but should be visible. I already think it is irritating he has no penis (I already knew Danny did not want to make any details but still)... Those missing nipples irritate me so much more XD

I want to make some sexy, topless pics >______<

Really I have anatomic of humans at university... So it looks really strange missing that stuff. Very unnatural. But I could also live without because I would dress the doll up most off the time... Still very irritating for me as a science person!

Yukamina

As a BJD collector, I'm annoyed by the lack of anatomical correctness as well! I'm used to resin boys having those parts >.< Obitsu boys are missing their bits too.

chien

I'm all for muscles. Love the macho and slim outline. I'll take what I can get at this point, lol, when it comes to anime-styled boy dolls. I'll be excited to see what an adult, anime-styled man doll will look like since it's breaking new ground. Luts has only released anime-styled boys. Resin BJD's have their own look, and anime-dolls have their own look too. It's exciting.

I hope Danny draws inspiration from some of the beautiful figures to see how other people have interpreted 2D anime characters into 3D. Like these:

http://plastichusbando.tumblr.com/post/89127273100

http://ohnoraptors.tumblr.com/post/88670740682/kotobukiya-by-whitenoize

http://plastichusbando.tumblr.com/post/81957063273/goodsmilecompanyus-took-a-closer-look-at-max

http://plastichusbando.tumblr.com/post/87811027065/ohnoraptors

http://plastichusbando.tumblr.com/post/87418349798

http://plastichusbando.tumblr.com/post/82991875990/cuteplasticgirls-roulette-stage-by-jofuu

Like damn JUST TAKE MY MONEYYYYYY!!! I can make do with a 07 head and an Obitsu body, but it'd be great to have a muscular, vinyl boy body with a head sculpted to be an ikemen. Plus, the Obitsu body isn't to my tastes anyway as it's not the kind of muscular I like. Eiji's silhouette looks promising, as a result.

JChiibs
I do think the calves are too long, but male BJDs tend to have long legs in general... They need to be tall (taller than some girls who have very long legs already), and end up getting a lot of height from the legs. They look fine with pants on. So, while I do think Smart boy's legs look odd, I'm not sure that it's a big deal?

The thing for me is there is a huge difference between size and scale. If the scale is correct then the body can be resized to whatever it needs to be, but if it is off, then it will continue to look off no matter what size it is. The reason I did the 3 pics in 1 comparison was because it was a quick and dirty way to illustrate the basic body drawing proportions that exist even in anime. (I'm saying this for the benefit of the people who may not know much about drawing.) When I plopped Eji's drawing on there and resized it so the scale would be comparable and having the DD body and Eiji's match up so well, I could automatically see that the people who designed them understood the drawing principles of proportion. (Try and say that five times fast. LOL!) The more detailed way of doing it is measuring the body in head heights, but that can get really confusing to explain on the fly, and just too complicated for what Danny might need since he's in the middle of his trip. (I would love to have done a pic with SmD Mirai instead of Ellie, but since I don't have one it is kinda impossible.)

Either way, with simply doing the lines it easily shows that the upper and lower part of the legs are out of proportion. It all might look fine with clothes on, but that in itself presents another problem. Drafting patterns from odd body proportions makes it more difficult for the clothes themselves to look right. Long legs and an oddly short torso will always look odd. I knew a girl in high school with those kind of proportions and from her hips up she looked kinda squished. Even if Eiji was in just swim trunks or underwear, the odd proportions wouldn't be hidden under the clothes... so it is the same problem all over again. (Just to let you know, I'm not mad or irritated, just a geeky art student. )

One thing I know... He misses nipples! I hope Danny will still add them. I mean they should not stick out but should be visible.

Well, by comparison, DD have nipples with no 'smooth' bust option even on the MDD S bust! I personally find it creepy and I hate that my L/Lshapely girls have to wear a padded bra to hide it. Even on a guy doll I think that having perma nipples would be really irritating and ruin the look of a lot of shirts. I'm not saying I'm against a bust that did have that, I just don't want to be stuck with it. Danny has done all of this in barely a week. Color me freaking impressed! So these are also still prototypes and he's said that he knows even Mirai will have updates to her body/frame/etc. Danny seems very responsive to people's comments, so I'd imagine if enough people requested it he would at least take it into consideration. The screen shots were taken in Mudbox, a program I've personally used, and simply adding nipples if they were needed is something uberly simple to do.

I'm all for muscles. Love the macho and slim outline. I'll take what I can get at this point, lol, when it comes to anime-styled boy dolls. I'll be excited to see what an adult, anime-styled man doll will look like since it's breaking new ground.

I totally second this. At the moment Danny is like a superhero to me. My Kiyoteru would fit so well on the macho body and be taller than Naiomi like I have wanted from the beginning, and Ralph could go on the hoso macho body, but I still kinda wish there was a 'geek physique' body (skinny but without all the muscle toning) for the lazier otaku boys. Ralph is a bit too laid back to actually work out, but I'd rather have a nice looking body with muscles, than the freaky Obitsu hybrid he was going to have to be otherwise (60cm female body with 60cm guy bust- pics HERE.)

Like damn JUST TAKE MY MONEYYYYYY!!! I can make do with a 07 head and an Obitsu body, but it'd be great to have a muscular, vinyl boy body with a head sculpted to be an ikemen. Plus, the Obitsu body isn't to my tastes anyway as it's not the kind of muscular I like. Eiji's silhouette looks promising, as a result.

^ This exactly. Just because Obitsu is an option, doesn't mean it is always a good option. (I got stupidly lucky with Lucas' Obitsu bust & torso on the DDS body and him finally ending up with what I wanted without being uber tall.) Oh man, every time I see more screen shots I just start itching to get my hands on that body and get started drafting clothes. Pattern and design wise, guys open up a whole new set of options.

If I had to find one thing I'm a bit disappointed about is Danny sticking with just the anime characters he already has (as far as I've heard.) I really like Eiji a lot, but I want anime men's faces, instead of all the vinyl dolls looking like they came from Bishi Land. I love my bishi, but when that's all there is to see it gets somewhat annoying. I want head sculpts like Vash the Stampede or Tiger (Tiger & Bunny).

~Sister Kyoya

Ravendruid

Well, now that there are more options for male vinyl bodies, we may get some other companies jumping on board with heads. Maybe Azone or SQlabs might jump on the bandwagon once they see the demand. Who knows, maybe these will sell well enough for even Volks to take notice.

As far as the super anatomically correct body thing goes, I'm happy with how he looks, now. Honestly I was super excited to see that Danny is releasing a girl bust without the frozen nipples, and really hope he offers the same thing in the larger sizes as well. It's nice to have them wear tight fitting clothes without looking like they're standing in a snowstorm or having to wear a cover-up.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

yLLiS

Hnnnng.... Vash & Tiger... two of my all time favs! *drool*

Sturmhornisse

Well, by comparison, DD have nipples with no 'smooth' bust option even on the MDD S bust! I personally find it creepy and I hate that my L/Lshapely girls have to wear a padded bra to hide it. Even on a guy doll I think that having perma nipples would be really irritating and ruin the look of a lot of shirts. I'm not saying I'm against a bust that did have that, I just don't want to be stuck with it. Danny has done all of this in barely a week. Color me freaking impressed! So these are also still prototypes and he's said that he knows even Mirai will have updates to her body/frame/etc. Danny seems very responsive to people's comments, so I'd imagine if enough people requested it he would at least take it into consideration. The screen shots were taken in Mudbox, a program I've personally used, and simply adding nipples if they were needed is something uberly simple to do.

Hmm, options of course would be always nice... But well yeah Volks XD

On the other hand I do not see what should be so bad about giving a DD a bra (beside the bra costing even more money, grrrr). Is the bra so much visible that it annoys?

First of all I probably would make the guys nipples smaller as the DD L ones... I was suprised how big those are after receiving my Kos-Mos (but I still had not the problem of nipples sticking out to much because of the clothes I choose).

We could hope for a optional busts... But I am not sure if Danny thinks it is worth the "effort" on a male doll to produce 2 bust. Hmmm >___<

I never said I was not impressed I just said what I think was missing. I am also a stalker of Dannys progress in the moment myself (even if I will order a resin boy soon. Still need a toy, arg I mean boy, for my DD girls). I just talked about nipples and stuff because I do not know that much about proportionen as others :3

On the other side I really like Eijis ass. Looks really nice and very sexy! I just did not mention it

Haha I hope so! Nipples are not really the most difficult structures of the body.

I will probably order an Eiji as well as soon as he is released if wallet allows...

chien

Yes on Tiger, haha! I'm just so very curious on how an anime-styled sculpt would look. I've been hunting around for a resin BJD that could work. While the challenge of getting a resin BJD to look good anime-styled is alluring, having a made-for one is just such a treat. :,D

JChiibs
On the other hand I do not see what should be so bad about giving a DD a bra (beside the bra costing even more money, grrrr). Is the bra so much visible that it annoys?

I'm not bothered by having our DD wear bras properly under their clothes, but to have the fabric close to the proper type & scale of a normal sized ones, it doesn't hide the 'arctic winter nipples' one bit. I figure my L bust girls boobs are big enough, but then to have them padded simply because Volks doesn't offer a smooth bust option, can be enough for me to go on a rampage. With those nipples it isn't any wonder why DD are perceived as sex dolls.

Plus it is just a personal pet peeve that I try so hard to make really nice clothes and the lines get ruined sometimes because of the boob sculpt. Take this for example:

9804511315_cbb442b814_z.jpg

Left: Dakota's Sprout shirt looks like she's crying. Middle: Yuriko doesn't have a bra on either, but the M bust is about the most neutral one of the standard busts. Right: Naiomi is wearing the Volks blue striped bra, that is padded stiff, and thick. Not to mention those stripes often show through the fabric, and it is a decent weight fabric!

I just want my girls to wear normal bras, and look normal. There is also a lot of clothing that bras aren't suitable for either, like slips or swimming suits. Do I want Rainie & Ringo (who are supposed to be 13) to have nipples sticking out when they are in swimsuits? Heck no! That's just creepy. Dakota really is the only one of my DD that it can sometimes be appropriate with, but even so I often wish I had a less provocative bust even for her.

I know I can mod them to fix the issue, but I don't want to ruin a bust if there is a bubble in the wrong place, the vinyl is too thin, and all that. Plus there is just the association issue too. Every time I think about it it makes me cringe. It would be like if a guy had to sand off Eiji's manly bits if they were more realistic.

Even with the Smart Boys, the nipples under the shirt issue would just drive me crazy. Sure human bodies change depending on the temperature, but they aren't permanently frozen like that. I'm not trying to rant, I'm just frustrated.

I will probably order an Eiji as well as soon as he is released if wallet allows...

I'm totally on this boat too. There are a lot of boy clothing patterns I'd like to try, but I'm not one who can do that well with just measurements, I need the body right there to drape the fabric from. Plus it would be so nice to finally see a nice looking vinyl boy.

~Sister Kyoya

JChiibs
Yes on Tiger, haha! I'm just so very curious on how an anime-styled sculpt would look. I've been hunting around for a resin BJD that could work. While the challenge of getting a resin BJD to look good anime-styled is alluring, having a made-for one is just such a treat. :,D

Tiger would be so awesome. And loads of fun to have around. I'd hate to have to have a vinyl/resin hybrid, but if that's what it takes to have the right kind of men around here, I can only hope that the skin would perfectly match some from Iplehouse.

~Sister Kyoya

Ravendruid
I like the slim outline as well. The macho one is too buff ........ He might also end up with Natsu and Gray for buddies... LOL It certainly is easy to get one's imagination going. Anyway, I hope Danny updates us soon. I'd love to see a mock up of Eiji's head in 3D.

It could be just me, but I think that the macho bodies would be perfect for those two. Or Gray, at least, anyways. (Or maybe my brain just paints more muscles onto him everytime, just to match his over-the-top- personality...)

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

Jezrah

Personally I feel that the nipples should be there on a boy, just not huge erect ones like the girls have. They should be fairly small, and juuuuuuust barely raised. Without them I would never think he looked right without a shirt on, which means no beach outfits.

I don't mind if he has no crotch bits though, since I am unlikely to do a fully nude shoot for any reason.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Pahsmina
Personally I feel that the nipples should be there on a boy, just not huge erect ones like the girls have. They should be fairly small, and juuuuuuust barely raised. Without them I would never think he looked right without a shirt on, which means no beach outfits.

I don't mind if he has no crotch bits though, since I am unlikely to do a fully nude shoot for any reason.

Yeah I agree. Whenever I see artwork when nipples are missing I'm like...but....they are supposed to be there. Nipples aren't always erected, they could just be painted or something, as long as they are THERE. I:

Personally I don't really have any thoughts about his crotch. I think it's better if it's not so super detailed since well, neither Mirai or normal DD's comes with a superdetailed vagina. As long as it's visible that there is something in his pants I'm okay I guess.

2xRYydm.png

Own- Melina - DD Rise Kujikawa, Luke Triton - MDD hybrid, Clive Dove - DD hybrid, Arianna - DD Yui Hirasawa

Bloodflower
Well, now that there are more options for male vinyl bodies, we may get some other companies jumping on board with heads. Maybe Azone or SQlabs might jump on the bandwagon once they see the demand. Who knows, maybe these will sell well enough for even Volks to take notice.

Psst... Azone have made male dolls before. But their specialty and main lines are 1/6 scale and that's why most of their males are smaller sizes than 1/3 scale. Also Azone's dolls are using Obitsu bodies, sometimes modified, so they'll probably won't make their own male body.

Corellia(DD Marya), Sirius(DDS Sirius), Luka(DDdy OOB N-04), Alessa(DDdy Sakura Honya Head) Genma(Azone Kanojo)

WoundedNight64

Hmmm... I'm still not sold on the slim version...It seems as though all Danny did was make the arms and chest smaller. There's still too much muscle there for my liking even though he was supposed to be basing it off the boys from Free!...They have definition sure, but none of them look like they hit the gym for a couple of hours every night.

Free+Anime+Episode+5+a0.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIv8AalpnLRHH5oinvCNfhxNNPGMP8xdyL_7r2nNPvRk5XJq9r

At home; DDH-07 'Medea',

Saving for; A body and Saber Lily ^_^

Waiting for:

chien

The Free! boys just look like they have low body fat-- except for Makoto, who is supposed to have the best physique according to the show's creative team. I think the silhouette of the slim looks pretty good though-- just because it's shrunk a bit doesn't mean it has just as much muscle definition. It reminds me of Fairyland, actually.

http://dollfairyland.tistory.com/70

The slimmer version of their boy body is still toned and just a bit smaller in the shoulders and other areas of the body, but the muscle tone has been smoothed down significantly. So basically, I'm not that worried.