Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

Danny Choo Smart Doll Boy [NSFW]

Hitoma

Danny posted yesterday a picture of the torso and I think it looks good. I can't see the second v shape (however you want to describe that ab area) on the torso as much as when it was just a picture. He looks wider than what I thought he would be, which I really like.

I still can't wait to see the face sculpt!

Yay! Danny did what I was hoping he would do, put the chest and torso on together. He's looking so good so far.

ShylRnka_zps76mt4rzv.png

Hitoma

Lol! Like I said Danny is such a tease! He posted a "picture" of the sculpt but it's completely pixelated. His head looks kinda small. I'm just really hoping he doesn't have huge eyes that makes him looks girly. So many volks head sculpts can become girly or moe boys.

In another picture his thigh is cut in half. Wonder why..

ShylRnka_zps76mt4rzv.png

Poofiemus

Sounds interesting. You have links? I don't do Twitter.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Digitrevx

In another picture his thigh is cut in half. Wonder why..

Edited by Guest

Amber

Wishlist... Captain America??? If only , but Marvel would never give up the rights to that.

Poofiemus

Thanks! Yay, actual prototype! Bit broader shouldered than I was expecting; I guess this is the macho version rather than Hosomacho?

As for Captain America, it may be a stretch, but. . . Well, we've seen Nendos of several avengers, which are made by Goodsmile. And we know Danny is on pretty good terms with Goodsmile. So, really difficult, and still probably won't happen, but not *completely* impossible.

. . . though we all know that Loki would sell like 1000x better than Cap.

Yami Usagi

Oh wow! We're I not a filthy stinkin' purist (all Volks or nothing!), I'd put Celeste on a Smart Doll body and get a boy too.

Amara77

As long as the head is masculine I can work with it. I don't want anything girly there are enough Volks heads for moe boys. please please don't let him be girly.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Amber

Thanks! Yay, actual prototype! Bit broader shouldered than I was expecting; I guess this is the macho version rather than Hosomacho?

As for Captain America, it may be a stretch, but. . . Well, we've seen Nendos of several avengers, which are made by Goodsmile. And we know Danny is on pretty good terms with Goodsmile. So, really difficult, and still probably won't happen, but not *completely* impossible.

. . . though we all know that Loki would sell like 1000x better than Cap.

Loki might sell better if he resembles Tom Hiddleston's charm, but I'd rather have Captain America x1000. ^^"

Galvatim

I would actually consider Marvel Smart Doll males. A full Iron Man armor would probably be too much to ask, but Tony with interchangeable Iron Man boots and gloves, like the Hot Toys figures, seems plausible.

There'd need to be one of Black Widow, too, though.

Hitoma

https://twitter.com/MiraiRobotics/status/533294004075757569/photo/1

https://twitter.com/MiraiRobotics/status/534332439922245634/photo/1

https://twitter.com/MiraiRobotics/status/534335704646811648/photo/1

"At nearly 70cm, Smart Doll Guy will feature incredibly detailed clothing that 1/6 scale cant physically compete with. " -Danny Choo

I guess he's going to be close to 70cm.

I don't know why, but I'm not liking his legs. Something about them. They look stretched and not a natural long. If that makes any sense. Maybe it's the angle of the picture and the color of the 3D printing.

ShylRnka_zps76mt4rzv.png

Yukamina

Finally!

Middle love handle sold separately, he says Does that mean...?

Wah, I don't go for BJDs over 65cm, because they start to turn into string beans in their proportions. I've handled tall dolls at doll meets, and I know they aren't for me. The tallest guy I have is 62.5cm, I think, and he's a good height, particularly if my girls aren't wearing high heels...

As for the sculpt of the legs... he'll be wearing pants most/all of the time, so I don't know if it matters as much in the end. With girl dolls, they wear skirts, shorts, leggings, etc so they are showing their legs off all the time, so the leg sculpt is more important for girl dolls.

JChiibs

70 cm? Why in the heck didn't I catch that earlier? I guess I kept remembering his previous height quote. Well, I guess Kiyoteru is gonna be one tall guy! The two Iplehouse guys I have considered for a couple of years are 65cm, but still...

Rainie will probably call him string bean. Or Mr. Bean if she was feeling polite.

I just don't understand why he mentions 1/6 scale... Dolly is 1/6 scale and he's tiny compared to an MDD!

10067913773_d6fac18064_z.jpg

L to R: Dolly, Tama (MDD) & Dakota (DDdy)

Of course a 1/6 scale can't compare to a 70cm guy. I just find it a really weird comparison.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Yukamina

I just don't understand why he mentions 1/6 scale... Dolly is 1/6 scale and he's tiny compared to an MDD!

I dunno, maybe most of his followers will only have anime figures as a reference point?

archeotech

If you scroll down on this tweet: https://twitter.com/MiraiRobotics/status/534335704646811648/photo/1

he said that the height is actually closer to 65cm, comparing him to photos of the SD17 body he might actually be a close-ish match for size? I like that height but I think shorter shins and a longer torso to compensate would look better, not that I'm going to turn my nose up at a male anime styled doll if Danny doesn't make any changes.

Poofiemus

So. . . like 67-68cm, depending on the head I guess? I can work with that, though it will be interesting to hear which size clothes work for him--65 and 70cm stuff are usually listed separately on websites.

Galvatim

Of course a 1/6 scale can't compare to a 70cm guy. I just find it a really weird comparison.

It's an interesting comment. I'd assume that Danny is comparing his 1/3 scale clothes to 1/6 scale manufacturers like Hot Toys and Medicom. The outfits Hot Toys makes for their figures really are a step above what Azone does. Ties back in with his wish of doing Captain America, too.

jadepixel

I'm kinda bummed that he's so big, I don't think most standard SD boy clothes would fit. There are a few 65 and 70cm guy options, but it's pretty niche. Well, I guess they may not have fit his proportions to begin with, but I'm losing hope of a guy to wear cute casual clothes from Volks and rrabbit and the like :/

All the 70cm clothes I've seen are suits, uniforms and kimono type wear.

Amara77
I'm kinda bummed that he's so big, I don't think most standard SD boy clothes would fit. There are a few 65 and 70cm guy options, but it's pretty niche. Well, I guess they may not have fit his proportions to begin with, but I'm losing hope of a guy to wear cute casual clothes from Volks and rrabbit and the like :/

All the 70cm clothes I've seen are suits, uniforms and kimono type wear.

Ya this is a downside as I wanted one of the high school uniforms for him, on the other hand I like the height difference.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

katnaper

Wow. That boy would be really big. He's be about the size of my BJD Crobi and they're tall and lanky. Hmmm...

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

aeris

He is very tall indeed. I hope we can see him next to a DD soon to have a better idea of his size. I am afraid it will be hard to find clothes. I hope SD17 clothes can be okay. We will see ^_^

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

Error-Chan

I was in the idea he was about 60cm.. with him being so big it looks like the idea of getting this for Gaara and the 65cm Ob for El will be messed up.... El is support to be extra tall compared to the rest =.= might be getting a resin body for him or moding Gaara shorter..... oh well will wait to get him first.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Error-Chan
If he was only 60cm, he'd be the same height as Mirai, and you'd all be complaining that he's not tall and manly enough...

I meant about 60cm like an eye high taller not dead 60cm. even if he was 60cm he's to be with a DDS so I would of been ok with that.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png