Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Mirai SmartDoll Info thread (UPDATED)

Doko

Will Mirai's wig still be sold separately after he removes it from her fullset?

rukitron
Will Mirai's wig still be sold separately after he removes it from her fullset?

Yeah... Kinda defeats the purpose of a character doll if they don't come with the character's signature stuff.

Chameleon

Thank you so much for the very informative review! I seem to be entirely late to the party on this, but was I just reading that Mirai comes with a standard bust that can't be swapped out? That seems interesting, as a cost saving measure. I suppose I can see it making sense with the speed with which they can pack up dolls, and productivity.

Monty

Unless you mean the bust she comes with isnt changeable, cos yeah, all dolls have the S bust as default. This is because the S bust fits the clothes they come with best.

I dont think its weird. You cant choose the bust size any of the DD girls come with either, not even the standards.

Jessekig

Hi folks, new here and a big hello from California ^.^

I own an ebony futaba smart doll named Aura, along with her 2 sisters Helen (luts kids delf) and May (doll zone).

I am curious what size wig I can use on my futaba smart doll, I am really wanting to get her something in a while or pale pink. thanks!

Nozomi02

Hi! I've always found an 8-9 size wig fits the best, though every company varies just a little, which can be frustrating. But I've bought from For My Doll, LeekeWorld, and Lullaby Poem. They all fit, though Leekeworld can be a touch looser than the other two. It's still plenty secure for carrying your girl around, but be prepared for the wig to slide a little with rougher treatment.

At home:

DDH-05: Kimiko

DD Snow Miku: Miss Yum Yum

Smart Doll Ivory: Yuki

Smart Doll Chitose

Smart Doll Eiji: Hotohori

DD Saber Extra

DDH-07/SmD Hybrid: Maki

Smart Doll Harmony

Smart Doll Twilight

DDH-10 MDD: Anzu Futaba

Smart Doll Crimson Kai: Takeshi

Mario

Honestly, if it's a little loose you can always buy those tiny baby/safety pins or anything similar to tighten the wig. I accidentally stretched one of my wigs on my custom Mario doll(since he's a 9-10 and the wig was 8-9) and when I put it back on my Miku it's too loose now. But I can easily secure it back with a baby pin and it worked just fine, as long as the hair is long enough to hide it.

So it's better for it to be looser than tighter!(That doesn't sound right...)

Edited by Guest

Error-Chan

Just a warning DO NOT store the Smart doll "Care card" with ANY vinyl.. the card has stained 5 hands of mine including the Default male hands that are not sold separably....

31793513136_04c554ff18_c.jpgStaining on Hands.. by Samby, on Flickr

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Ie-Aster

they do sell replacement hands if you want to buy some if the stains cannot be removed, though you have to email specially. I was able to buy replacements for 2 specific hand parts that I had stained through my own careless error (storing them with a questionable putty and forgetting I had stored them there)

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

K-2
Just a warning DO NOT store the Smart doll "Care card" with ANY vinyl.

This warning can go for any printed matter and any vinyls.

MVSig.jpg

Error-Chan

Indeed. I have contacted Danny and he will be getting back to me when he is back in japan.

also, he did say I was the first to do this XD this really is my year.... just want it to be 2017 now XD

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

hikikohooni

Error-san, I couldn't really notice the stains until I looked harder. Thank goodness the stains weren't too bad! I hope you get your replacements, your Smart Doll needs them.

Error-Chan
Error-san, I couldn't really notice the stains until I looked harder. Thank goodness the stains weren't too bad! I hope you get your replacements, your Smart Doll needs them.

Indeed.. sadly after contacting them they would only be able to replace the default hand. but after getting my oxy10 out that hand is ok. the only one that's holding on to the stain is the fist hand. will be doing another treatment once I shift this flu bug =<

hikikohooni

Well, it's saddening to see you won't get all of the replacements, but at least you got the default hands!

The fist may need to be replaced....

Error-Chan

indeed its a shame but I will know not to keep the care card with the hands now hahaha.

hikikohooni

Well, as sad as it is, looking at the positive side, you learned something new.

Error-Chan

indeed the thought of a piece of card staining the dolls was something new.. not that it stained them it rubbed off on to them leaving muck that then stained them.

K-2
indeed the thought of a piece of card staining the dolls was something new.. not that it stained them it rubbed off on to them leaving muck that then stained them.

It can depend on the type of ink or printing technique.

I had a vinyl part with a photocopied (?) instruction sheet that came in the bag with the part and some of the lettering transferred on to the part. The lettering would not rub/clean off and had to be remover like a stain with Remove-Zit.

MVSig.jpg

Eiko82

Mirai and Kizuna are now available in tea skin colour.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

hikikohooni

MIRAI AND KIZUNA IN TEA???

Welp, there goes 5 doll plans.

EDIT: 45 doll plans.

hikikohooni

Breaking into the post office seems like the best decision(in my eyes, I can't wait for a doll), but I know you wouldn't wanna get yourself arrested.

I personally like Kizuna in Tea than in her regular Milk, her light eyes and hair really contrast in a pretty way, kinda like those beach blondes!