Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

BeyondTime

Congrats all, hope you ❤️ them. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

McKennachu

Oh cool, I didn't realize I'm actually in the second wave. I assumed I'd be part of the third wave or something. Just saw my email notice that payment won't be due until February-ish. Really glad they gave us a bit of a time frame so I can prepare for possible customs charges the following month. 

Monty
9 hours ago, Aliens_Of_Gold said:

$1200ish AUD and probably more if she gets stuck by customs. Can't wait for her arrival.

I cried a bit at the total because it was minus the deposit that I already paid, yet I swear its what his full price was when I calculated it a year ago, meaning the exchange got so bad this year it now feels like I never paid a deposit to begin with 8') 
Anyway, I'm really hoping there's no surprise custom fees. This is my first time buying such a pricey doll via post, and while I've heard a few horror stories about that, from what I've heard -usually- direct EMS from Japan (ie Volks) slips through without issue. But there's a first for everything and I'm gonna be on edge until he gets here. That total was ghastly enough without any surprise ransom fees.

finnleo
55 minutes ago, Monty said:

I cried a bit at the total because it was minus the deposit that I already paid, yet I swear its what his full price was when I calculated it a year ago, meaning the exchange got so bad this year it now feels like I never paid a deposit to begin with 8')

Just as a friendly reminder, I think we went through this with baldylox, that if you didn't originally take into consideration the (at the time) 7% japanese GST/VAT or whatever sales tax goes by in your neighborhood, it would seem like you hadn't paid the deposit at all.

but yeah... exchange rates can be a bother.. personally looking at a drop from 135:1 during ordering to ~120:1 current... and still four months time for it to shift either way, probably down due to the britts, but.. eh..

Edited by finnleo

Monty
1 minute ago, finnleo said:

Just as a friendly reminder, I think we went through this with baldylox, that if you didn't originally take into consideration the (at the time) 7% japanese GST/VAT or whatever sales tax goes by in your neighborhood, it would seem like you hadn't paid the deposit at all.

but yeah... exchange rates can be a bother.. personally looking at a drop from 135:1 during ordering to ~120:1 current.

I did take the tax into account since I'm used to doing that, we've just been reeeeally unlucky and things are still getting worse. Was very disheartening calculating the exchange rate every few months and seeing the total cost me more and more each time. Nines and Tubes I think are worth it, but it's gonna make me have to seriously consider any future DDs if things don't improve. I imagine plenty of others are in the same boat, especially when theres customs fees on top.

For now, I'll have fun trying to figure out how to make my everyday scenery look post-apocalyptic enough for a good photo shoot.

cfx
15 minutes ago, Monty said:

Was very disheartening calculating the exchange rate every few months and seeing the total cost me more and more each time.

I had not looked at yours, but yeah, here's a chart for the past two years: AUD vs. JPY

You've been on a pretty steady decline, but at least it's better now than around the end of August.

US one isn't as good as it used to be either though it beats when it got below 100 a few years ago, but it's been on average about the same for the same 2 year period: USD vs. JPY

mayaiincho

Second batch like i expected but payment isn't necessary till March ish... next year it is.

We're in an endless loop waiting and paying on preorders. 

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Beani

I woke up this morning and simply can’t believe that after almost 2 years and 7 months of waiting we are now a week off release. 

This may end up as the longest week of my life.

• Like 1

littlebirdzoom

Even through my tired brain I am over the moon with joy. Which is saying something. With a little help I paid everyone off and they will be coming home soon (even though 2B is no longer mine, I can still drool over the box a little :o! I'm going to be refreshing my email for that shipment notice about 20 times a day. 

This is just surreal. The franchise that changed my life in 2003 coming together with the hobby that changed my life. All of my dolls are special for different reasons, but he's going to be so uniquely special to me. I wish 16 year old me who was angry at the lack of Drakengard merch could see me now xD

• Like 1

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

ramcoy

Got email...

They said : they will email me again in march for payment

twistedkawaii
22 hours ago, Monty said:

Anyway, I'm really hoping there's no surprise custom fees. This is my first time buying such a pricey doll via post, and while I've heard a few horror stories about that, from what I've heard -usually- direct EMS from Japan (ie Volks) slips through without issue. But there's a first for everything and I'm gonna be on edge until he gets here. That total was ghastly enough without any surprise ransom fees.

I am also from Australia and I just paid it too ^__^

Hope we don't get any surprise custom fees with the recent laws.

I had no problem before getting dolls shipped to me.

Kirika; Len (Pico); Rise Kujikawa (Risette); Rise Kujikawa (Dahlia)

marishade

I hope to see you lots of pictures from some of you! Maybe seeing some owner pics will make the wait until June a little more bearable. . . .

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

twistedkawaii
35 minutes ago, Majikaru-Rin said:

I'll pray for you @Monty and @twistedkawaii because I once had a doll picked up by customs with a value over AUD$1000 and had pay a AUD$400 customs fee to have her released. She was from the US though (Denver Doll Emporium). I've been too scared to try ordering a doll over the $1000 threshold since; including from Japan, so I'll be very curious if they do slip through thanks to the power of EMS shipping. It might give me hope I can order from Japan safely at least 😅

I didn't order either of these two lovelies but I'm keen to see everyone's photos once they arrive!

I will post an update doll.

Yes I hope EMS keep me safe from customs 😆

How was your doll from the US shipped and was this recent?

cheers

Kirika; Len (Pico); Rise Kujikawa (Risette); Rise Kujikawa (Dahlia)

littlebirdzoom

I completely forgot about Volks Int fees and why I try not to buy from them. Commission fee combined with shipping ate the deposit I already put down and then added more on top of it. Kind of upset me, but it's not like I didn't know it was going to happen (not to mention I chose them on purpose to get my doll faster knowing that'd happen, but it still sucks). After everything both dolls were almost 2 grand together. jfc

Japan, the land of useless fees. I'll never complain about Florida's sunshine tax again. Home is seeming pretty cheap to me now xD

Edited by littlebirdzoom
  • Like 2

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

Innocentsake

Happy to see the first wave of dolls will be reaching their new owners. I will look at pictures from you all until June hits for me 🥰

JChiibs
On 11/28/2019 at 4:58 PM, BeyondTime said:

In case you hadn't seen this.

https://volksusa.com/event/201810ddnierautomata/?fbclid=IwAR2L4exs8-QZd8rxh7_8PLR3TOjkVJVBClroO9SS2a_-vw91wyrKqZzJ1Sc#delivery_notice

Doesn't say when payments will be due, but I would suspect 2 - 2 1/2 months ahead of shipment, so it may be anytime in the next two weeks.

Thank you. I'm actually in the second shipment but it was a good reminder/kick in the teeth to just keep sitting on my hands. They get so itchy. 😆 But short term gratification is not even remotely worth putting my Ollie at risk. Even if I don't have to pay for a few months.

The wait is hard and excruciating but I have not been disappointed once with a DD I've bought. I just hope Volks keeps doing these more realistic sculpts, and if I'm lucky then I might be able to find the right Tomas for Ollie. Tama and Lucas are based on these OC I started writing about a decade ago and Tama was originally a younger/innocent version of Ollie. I'm really curious as to how those two are going to do together. 😅 I'm almost guaranteed to Have Tama think (wrongly, again) that he is being replaced. Every time that happens he gets ultra clingy and demanding, just trying to make sure that he's still special. I just wish I knew how to convince him that he could never be replaced, not even by my beloved Ollie. The world will have to implode long before Tama stops being Prince Tama in my eyes. He and Ollie have so many similarities, but they have grown into two very different boys. I still can't comprehend what it will be like having Ollie here. My mind blanks out trying to fathom it. 🤯

~SK

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

jadepixel

Is the commission fee new for the updated website update or recent preorders?

I remember Paypal payments had a 'handling' charge added but you could avoid that by paying with credit card. There doesn't seem to be any avoiding this fee.

Not sure I want to keep paying the commission fee in the future when I can order from Volks USA instead, but it wasn't a thing back when I made my 2B preorder 😮

cfx

That fee has been there ever since the first webstore update, earlier this year, I believe. I know I complained about it in some other thread here at the time.

However, and I can't verify this without making an order because of what Volks does, and does not, show in the order confirmation emails, but what I figured out, or at least thought I did, was this: All prices on the website include the Japanese consumption tax (which imo we shouldn't have to pay, but that's another discussion), but the prices in the order confirmation email, and if I remember correctly, the order summary page, are the prices without the tax. So that commission fee is actually the sum of the consumption tax on all the items in your order and thus while now listed separately, isn't really new.

At least that's what I remember figuring out. Next time I order I'll pay attention again to try to verify that.

My order confirmation emails just show a total cost, and then the cost of each item without the tax. The emails do not show the shipping amount or the fee amount separately, so I can't tell if the amounts are consistent with this theory. What I can verify is orders I made before 2018 listed the items including the tax in the confirmation email, unlike this year.

Edit: See my better answer on the next page.

Edited by cfx
slightly bogus info, edited to avoid confusion

RaveOfNightmares

Some time in January for the first group...  My wallet is not ready, but it's just going to have to suck it up. 😅

Strange that I haven't received any emails from Volks USA about it yet... 

Edited by RaveOfNightmares

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

katnaper

Ugh the exchange! But I'm happy I don't have to pay till Mar-April since I have to save up extra because I ended up buying an two more dolls (Vindoll and Azone Iris Petit) and the exchange rate for Azone almost killed me. I totally failed to consider the rates for that one. I just hope she slips through and saves me duty so I can put that in for 9S.  Gah! For someone no longer as active in the hobby as I am, I keep getting new dolls and not even one of them want to leave my doll dorm 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by katnaper
  • Like 2

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Suldrun45

My main hope is that she will arrive around X-mas when customs are so overloaded that they won't notice this huge box with big numbers printed on it *wakes up from a nice dream... this is Belgium, there is almost no chance to avoid customs here, even less if it's an EMS*

Edited by Suldrun45

In Norway you have to pay customs and VAT as long as the package is worth more than 350 kr including shipping fees (around 40 USD), so it's a little strange for me to read about the chance of not getting charged for customs. Anyways, I hope you all will be safe from customs. This hobby is getting more and more expensive, and after 9S and (hopefully) Ranko, I should probably take a break from adopting new dolls for a while. 

I ordered 9S from TOM to use up the points I gained by ordering Saber, so I'm not sure when I'll be getting him. They're claiming that he'll be released in December, so I'll just have to wait and see. I wonder if the friend shops really are in the first batch? I'm glad I've already paid for him, otherwise I would have been in a really tight spot with all the Christmas gifts etc. Customs and VAT will be more than enough for me right now hah. 

Beani

Got the official pickup postcard today so I can start counting the hours until 2B is finally in my hands. @onion22@

They typoed Automata lol

F7E98582-E853-48DA-9B50-13799587882D.jpeg

Edited by Beani
  • Like 4