Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

marishade

Beani, what 'color' would you call the wig? Is it white, silver, or like a platinum blonde?

Pit
1 hour ago, Monty said:

I was referring to the users I've seen posting their unboxing pics and the length of time its been since they started dressing them, it definitely seems to be a lot of effort. I've been following the progress of twitter user who got both of them.  2B is the standard DDdy body which i find to be a shame cos while she needs the thighs, the boobs honestly look ridiculous on her (like I laughed out loud seeing that nude wigless pic of her...), but its not so noticeable when theyre covered of course. 

https://twitter.com/takashi_ga__16g?s=20

Didn't wanna post owner pics in the thread before Beani so i'll just post the link to the twitter. You can see what I mean about her lips - although 9S's still have the blushed look just as the prototype did.

Sorry, my mistake. Thought you we're talking about people in this topic. 

About the body, yeah. I half agree that volks chose dddy. Just due to the 2b butt, but that bust is huh, quite innapropiate for her. It would have been a great chance to release a tinier bust that could be even released later as an optional part for dddy

Edited by Pit

Monty

Lighting really does make a difference...the lips on this one look absolutely fine to me and more like the prototype as well! Lots of other pics on this account too.

This pic was the first I saw, is it just me or do the lips look really different? 

Beani

@Monty The headband thing is indeed weird. I find the white lining a bit distracting but perhaps if I angled it better it wouldn’t be as obvious. I’m glad the lips look better to you there! I find they they are a bit strong but I like the balance with the bright eyes. 

Oh the pod is just so moe actually I love it. Was going to leave it boxed but glad I took it out. At first I was disappointed as all the parts weren’t moving but I checked the instructions and actually most parts do move but were just a little stuck. So took a little force to get it in motion. Quality is decent, would have preferred it being metal but for plastic they did a good job!

edit: That second picture looks super saturated to me so that is why the lips are stronger. 

16 minutes ago, marishade said:

Beani, what 'color' would you call the wig? Is it white, silver, or like a platinum blonde?

It’s definitely not white which annoys me cause the fox ears I got don’t match. I’d say the best description for it is light grey. It looks white a lot of the time but when next to actual white you can tell the difference (I’ll put a pic with the ears in the new arrivals later).

Edited by Beani
  • Like 2

Moonsour

I'm in the first group for Volks USA and I got my payment email! Payment is due by December 20.

cfx

Some of the faceup changes are probably because of what can and can't be done with paint masks. On 9S, what I immediatly noticed is the dark brown to make the mouth look open has hard lines; it reminds me now of Luka's mouth but without teeth.

One of Volks pics of 2B for reference:

ddb-clm-0126_04.jpg

From @Monty's twitter link, the most immediately obvious change is the white highlight line on 2B's lower eyelids is gone. The inner eye corners also appear to be black or dark brown now, with the red only used as an outside highlight or eye shadow effect like often done on DDs. Edit: Pics on the other twitter show the lower inner parts are still red, but that corner has been changed a little. All of the eyelash lines stand out more because they don't have the soft effect. I suspect it's to balance that out that the lips seem to be brigher as well.

I never really specifically noticed that white line before now, but I think it being missing is unfortunate as she looks quite a bit better to me with it.

The eyes seem less striking, more blue with far less of the iris pattern visible, though maybe that's just lighting or photography.

I guess they didn't make her a special bust because they didn't want a non-standard part, though it's a bit odd because it isn't a current standard part since it's "flat" though they can now offer that as a normal part. Well, I posted my opinion long ago in the thread I didn't think she should've been DDdy, but that's probably just my dislike of that body talking.

Edited by cfx

Pit

@cfx Yeah, a pity. They could even design a custom DDIII but well, at least changing bodies is always an option. In any case, I praise volks for how much they respected the android's face and costume design.

And well, so far, I'm not convinced yet. I'll have to wait to see how owners customize 2b. 

Beani

I got a post up in New Arrivals for those interested in the process. I'm still recovering from the ordeal but totally my own fault for it being such a nuisance: 

The Dynamite bust doesn't make sense at all for the character but the outfit actually shrinks it significantly, she doesn't look that busty at all to me with the outfit. Maybe closer to an L. I think the puffy sleeves help minimise it too.

• Thanks 1

Monty

Some cute dressup pics surfacing already 

This reminds me that I’d like to get a big ribbon for 9S some time, since you can make him wear one in the game. 

Beani

Why am I not surprised that one of the first things people did is manhandle Nines into a dress lol. 

They have pulled 2Bs wig down super far. Wondering if mine is too high now or something. 

JChiibs

I know that I like shifting Tamayuki's wig back and forth to have him go from looking surprised to more pouty. It's why I never worry if a wig is in the perfect position just as long as lit looks good. 😁

~SK

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Monty
15 minutes ago, Beani said:

Why am I not surprised that one of the first things people did is manhandle Nines into a dress lol. 

A year ago I already decided he was definitely going to spend a stint in the pure wind maid outfit, and the white cat kigu.

Looks like no shipment email today for me today, and I dont know if it's likely they'll ship out on a Sunday, so...hopefully Monday?? I'm being real impatient and I know they said it would take a while to complete the shipment period each batch, but I just wanna know when to expect him...

littlebirdzoom
6 hours ago, Beani said:

They have pulled 2Bs wig down super far. Wondering if mine is too high now or something. 

I have a pile of dresses waiting for him to be put in it. And some guy clothes too! ... uh... like 2 outfits compared to 7 xD

I tried to resist looking up pictures of 9S until I got him but I just couldn't. I have not been this excited in a long time. Not sure how I feel about his open mouth paint though. Regardless, he's even more gorgeous than I thought he would be. He's literally the perfect doll for me. I am floored at how well they translated the look of the faces from the game to the dolls. He looks like a combination of all his previous game male ancestors in the future. Just gorgeous. 

Edited by littlebirdzoom

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

cfx
35 minutes ago, littlebirdzoom said:

Not sure how I feel about his open mouth paint though.

While I share this thought, I believe the overall effect will be fine. In pictures like the ones wearing the dress I think it has the effect that is expected. This one is the best closeup I've seen:

That's where I first realized there's a black line highlighting the upper lip. I still think with the colors used if you really fixate on just the mouth it has a "mouthfull of dried blood" look :classic_laugh: and I've said that in the past about another doll (Luka? I think) but I suspect it's just one of those things that sticks out in pictures. I have Sheryl and if I just stare at her slightly open mouth I think it probably looks the same way, and I love Sheryl.

Perhaps it is an odd comparison, but I think of Volks DD faceups as a bit like stage makeup--a little bit extreme when viewed carefully close up, but attaining the intended overall effect when viewed in context and at a distance where you are actually seeing the entire doll.

Something I noticed not really seen in pictures up to this point is how the expression appears to change from different angles, which I know is common on DDs. 9S sometimes has a bit of that Len grumpiness, and from higher angles 2B looks very sad, as in one of the pics in this tweet:

Aliens_Of_Gold

Didn't know the outfit was going to be so complex and also didn't know about the body sock. I guess it's using a material that will stain on instant contact? Dust magnet too.

Noxxbunny

Man people work fast on customs! Such a cute new faceup on this 9S:

This user also has pictures of him blank, so that's really helpful too. I think I'm definitely going to want to change him from a slightly open mouth to closed.

I had the same issue with Luka that it's just not my favorite kind of look. I'm so excited for him to get here so I can finally start making him a custom wig...

• Like 3

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

cfx

I dislike how they emphasized the "ripple" (I don't know the right term) in the upper lip on that 9S faceup. I know that's a common thing with SD-style faceups, but it's just a thing I really don't like on any faceup I've ever seen--it reminds me too much of a harelip.

Yoko Taro tweeted about receiving the Nier dolls:

He later tweeted about how big they are. :classic_laugh:

Addendum: Does 9S have a huge head? From that above twitter, it looks like it to me with how large it appears compared to the shoulder width:

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

RaveOfNightmares
On 12/7/2019 at 12:23 AM, Moonsour said:

I'm in the first group for Volks USA and I got my payment email! Payment is due by December 20.

Same for me, done and paid for.  Now to continue the waiting game. 

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

freakie-oppa

@cfx Do you mean his cupid's bow? It is very pronounced in the repaint. From what I can tell, both of their heads are probably standard large. From the looks of it, his head could be Kirito's size, and possibly a smidge longer. (It might be bigger than usual, some photos his head doesn't look too big, but others, it is noticeable broad) 😲

Edited by freakie-oppa

JChiibs

I would be extremely interested in knowing 9S' head measurement because I need to hunt for a blonde wig for him. I'm really hoping I can find one I like because the haircut Ollie normally has is really not found in doll wigs without them being custom made. :-| Seeing pics of 9S is making me really excited to see him with Tama and getting seriously curious how similar and not they will be. @onion8@ Also wondering how how compares to my resin BJD Evan who is "Future Ollie."

Good thing I have my time crammed full of projects right now and don't have the space to obsess over this otherwise I'd be in misery right now. It's still going to be a long wait for Ollie but I have yet to get his clothing style pinned down. If anyone has any idea what size/brand of premade clothes fit his body or sites that sell the right sized clothes, please pass the info on. 9S' default outfit has some similarities to what I'm looking for but seems really rather formal. Simple Victorian boy's clothes style would be close if they aren't 'froofy' with lace. Actually Oliver Twist 'street rat' style of clothes would be ideal!

I've been a bit skittish about Ollie because I don't want him to be either in the wrong clothes or no clothes, the two extremes I've been worried about. I've been starting to work on some sewing again after about a year hiatus but mostly just 11cm outfits right now as I'm not sure if I have the energy/attention span for a full DD outfit. Because of that I have been trying a lot harder to see what premade clothing is out there where I don't have to do the work. I still feel painfully clueless about it all, especially when it comes to the boys.

~SK

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

The more I look at 2B's lips, the more I love how they're painted. 

Not sure about 9S' mouth paint though; in some pics it looks great, in others not so. I'll probably have to see it irl, but other than that, I'm really digging all the pictures I've seen. I'm constantly checking the TOM website in hopes that the "pre-order" mark will disappear haha. 

JChiibs

With those two pics it seems to be that the direction of the lighting on 9S' lips makes a huge difference. If the upper lip casts a bit of a shadow on the lower lip it looks much better. When the light is straight on or a little below then the harsh paint line seems glaring. It is really going to be interesting to see how people do his faceup if they change it.

~SK

Poofiemus

The blank picture of 9S is really interesting. Have any blank photos of 2B surfaced yet?

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.