Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

Aliens_Of_Gold

What the second date in red in the bottom paragraph. Is that the pickup date or pickup by this date?

Beani
9 hours ago, Aliens_Of_Gold said:

What the second date in red in the bottom paragraph. Is that the pickup date or pickup by this date?

The 7th of January? That’s the date they will hold the item till. Seems you can extend it by contacting them but if they don’t hear from someone by then they will cancel the in store order. 

Edit: 48 hours to go!

Edited by Beani

littlebirdzoom
15 hours ago, Beani said:

Got the official pickup postcard today so I can start counting the hours until 2B is finally in my hands. @onion22@

They typoed Automata lol

F7E98582-E853-48DA-9B50-13799587882D.jpeg

Someone please change the title of this thread to NieR:Autmata what a gem :lol:

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

cfx
On 12/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, jadepixel said:

Is the commission fee new for the updated website update or recent preorders?

I remember Paypal payments had a 'handling' charge added but you could avoid that by paying with credit card. There doesn't seem to be any avoiding this fee.

Not sure I want to keep paying the commission fee in the future when I can order from Volks USA instead, but it wasn't a thing back when I made my 2B preorder 😮

Update on this, what I wrote before isn't quite correct.

I found my invoice that was in the package from the order I made 08/31/19, during an outfit clickwar.

Here's what is happening, at least for me here in the US (it may be different elsewhere): When you put items in the cart, it shows the price including the Japan consumption tax, but when you get to the checkout stage, that tax is removed from all the prices. There is indeed the commission fee now, which on my order was 5% of the total. Before the first webstore change earlier this year, we paid the consumption tax on all items, which used to be 8% but is now 10%.

So, the net result is we are paying less than we were before, 5% vs. 8%.

Longer babbling explanation in the spoiler:

Spoiler

This order consisted of these items:

• SD Abyss Black Set - ¥8250 / ¥7500 (price with/without tax, website highlights tax-included price)
  • SD16 Abyss Black Set - ¥8800 / ¥8000
  • Striped Underwear Set L (Blue) - ¥2420 / ¥2200

Invoice subtotal was ¥17700, total of the prices without the tax, and the commission fee is ¥885, 5% of that, for a total of ¥18585. Under the old webstore, the total would have been the sum of the tax-included prices, ¥19470.

@jadepixel I would be interested to know if your transaction for 2B includes or does not include the tax. It's possible Volks is handling dolls differently than accessories; it is also possible the Nier preorders are caught in a situation where tax is included because it was for everything at the time these preorders were taken, yet the commission is there now because it's how things are done now.

I hope that's not the case, and your doll price doesn't include the tax, in which case while it's annoying to have this commission fee at all, the net result is still less than how it was done before. Because the email I got for the order I described doesn't include all the information, it may not be possible to really tell for sure until you get the doll and can see the printed invoice.

Looking at that email again, what it shows is the item costs (without tax) and a subtotal, which is the cost of those items plus the commission fee. It doesn't show shipping or the total including shipping, nor does it show the fee separately but by adding the numbers you can figure it out.

Edited by cfx
wrong words lead to more confusion

mayaiincho

When I made my final payment for Saber, i know I got that tax. I don't remember getting taxed for Anya... I should go check that transaction now.

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Noxxbunny

At least for 9S, apparently tax is included.

Untitled2.png.6d527879fa638bf6db90c7ee91dce269.png

(Also, anyone know if you can actually switch to pickup in Japan like it says? Or is it just there for those who have already ordered at the store since it's technically possible for some people?)

And then if it helps anyone, here's my total overall

Untitled.png.05e88d0f74525a47f2a69dc6c9e74e8a.png

And the total is the same for both Paypal and Credit Card. I haven't ordered from the international store in quite a bit, so I don't remember how this used to work either unfortunately 😅

Edited by Noxxbunny
  • Thanks 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

cfx

Since there's a possibility tax is on 2B and 9S because a year ago it was still being charged on everything, it would be interesting to know if those ordering Gudako or Mash are being charged the tax, or if you can even tell at this stage with just doing a deposit.

Otherwise, I guess Volks is still charging the tax on dolls, but not on clothing. With how screwed up the webstore seems to be, one or the other of those might even be in error.

Monty

@Noxxbunny I was curious about their new 'instore pickup available' thing as well. It used to be that you had to specify store pickup at the time of ordering or you couldn't (and I also dont think you're able to if you don't have a japanese address), as well as vice versa (if you specified store pickup at time of ordering you couldnt switch to delivery)so I was surprised to see it there like that, unless it's just a bug/something there by default, like the occasional mention of points even though its not possible to get them without living in Japan (although it sure would be nice to have a VS system for int customers...I would pay for that membership plus online Volks News).
If you were thinking of collecting him from a store when you visit Japan, it's at least worth asking about it.

I can't believe we're finally going to start seeing owner photos tomorrow...

Edited by Monty

Beani

Less than 14 hours to go all. @onion29@

The instore pickup seems likely to just be a bug for preorder dolls to me. They introduced it very recently and my guess is they didn’t think how it would affect the preorder doll orders. Hope it doesn’t actually let anyone check out that way or I see that causing some trouble. The people at the Volks stores are so nice that I don’t want them negatively affected by bugs on the web store. 

• Like 2

Aliens_Of_Gold

For some reason I cannot find the credit charge of $1200 for 2B in my bank statement that as there a week ago. The new charge is there pending for clothing items I just purchased, but not for 2B. Anyone else ever had things disappear from their statements with Volks?

Not too worried about it at the moment since if there were a problem they'd email me I just thought it was strange.

23 minutes ago, Aliens_Of_Gold said:

For some reason I cannot find the credit charge of $1200 for 2B in my bank statement that as there a week ago. The new charge is there pending for clothing items I just purchased, but not for 2B. Anyone else ever had things disappear from their statements with Volks?

Not too worried about it at the moment since if there were a problem they'd email me I just thought it was strange.

I experienced the same thing when I ordered a carrying case from them; the charge appeared, disappeared and then appeared again a couple of weeks later. As you mentioned, they'll probably mail you if there are actual problems, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. 

Noxxbunny
13 hours ago, Monty said:

@Noxxbunny I was curious about their new 'instore pickup available' thing as well. It used to be that you had to specify store pickup at the time of ordering or you couldn't (and I also dont think you're able to if you don't have a japanese address), as well as vice versa (if you specified store pickup at time of ordering you couldnt switch to delivery)so I was surprised to see it there like that, unless it's just a bug/something there by default, like the occasional mention of points even though its not possible to get them without living in Japan (although it sure would be nice to have a VS system for int customers...I would pay for that membership plus online Volks News).
If you were thinking of collecting him from a store when you visit Japan, it's at least worth asking about it.

I can't believe we're finally going to start seeing owner photos tomorrow...

That's true, it doesn't hurt to ask! It would save me quite a bit on shipping lol. Luckily I have a Japanese address to use as long as they accept the address of a family member. Plus it turns out that the new place I'm living sorts the mail by apartment number AND last name and Volks didn't include my last name in the site update and it won't let me edit my info...so I need that fixed before 9S ships out anyway.

11 hours ago, Beani said:

Less than 14 hours to go all. @onion29@

The instore pickup seems likely to just be a bug for preorder dolls to me. They introduced it very recently and my guess is they didn’t think how it would affect the preorder doll orders. Hope it doesn’t actually let anyone check out that way or I see that causing some trouble. The people at the Volks stores are so nice that I don’t want them negatively affected by bugs on the web store. 

Yeah, it doesn't give the option during checkout. At least I couldn't find it when I looked. So there hopefully won't be any trouble for the staff. I figure it's probably a mistake to have that on the listing.

I'm so hype for photos tonight, I can't wait for people to start posting @onion14@

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

JChiibs

In case someone ordering from Volks USA didn't see this, here is a screenshot about payment from the email I just got:

49180712857_0086992866_o.png

Basically it says payment emails will be sent out 2-3 weeks before each batch delivery date. I'm glad they let us know so we didn't have to sit there guessing and/or worrying.

~SK

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Beani

@onion22@

She’s quite heavy! Time to open! 

They had an adorable shattered concrete setup at Dollpoint so will have to take her for photos!

66248BF6-7041-4DE9-9649-F920C95CD745.jpeg

E7ECC2CB-C2C4-4C52-9DF7-59F3AA55ACF9.jpeg

• Like 5

Monty

I’ve been frantically searching owner photos and so far I’ve only seen people going home with their boxes and complaining about the weight lol. I guess from the pods and their metal stands. I can’t wait for your pics!

That photo space is amazing. 

twistedkawaii

OHHH I feel so excited.  

I will definitely do an un-boxing video :)

Kirika; Len (Pico); Rise Kujikawa (Risette); Rise Kujikawa (Dahlia)

Pit

At first sight, I was not convinced to get 2b but maybe I change my mind to get her in the future, after a few photos. So, go people, publish some! (background drumrolls).

Edited by Pit

Beani

Oh god this is like the most difficult outfit I’ve ever had to put on a doll. There’s four pages of instructions on how to dress her and do the hair..

The boob hole in the stocking is classic though. 

7B053975-7031-4742-BEA7-44104102D4C4.jpeg

• Like 1

Pit
2 minutes ago, Beani said:

Oh god this is like the most difficult outfit I’ve ever had to put on a doll. There’s four pages of instructions on how to dress her and do the hair..

The boob hole in the stocking is classic though. 

7B053975-7031-4742-BEA7-44104102D4C4.jpeg

If you want a better unboxing experience, you could listen this song as you dress her. 

Edited by Pit
  • Like 1

Monty

Seems everyone else is taking a long time to actually dress them lol. From the fresh out of the box pic I saw of 2B, her lips are definitely different to the prototype. They looked like they were blushed there but here they're painted on and stand out a lot more. I dont necessarily think it looks bad but it surprised me seeing it. I'm reserving judgement till I see how she looks put together though, but I noticed 9S looked pretty much the same as prototypes. 

I'm especially curious about the final quality of the wigs.

mayaiincho

Can't wait to get mine

in May

I guess... 

>.<

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Pit

Or maybe they're done, but too excited to post an image. Know that feeling. Let's leave them breathe.

One thing I want to know is if 2b has a custom body such as yoko. Also, I'd like to see her face because she looks like a SD in the official photos. I know there won't be a great difference, but sometimes a little change means a lot.

Edited by Pit

Monty
5 minutes ago, Pit said:

Or maybe they're done, but too excited to post an image. Know that feeling. Let's leave them breathe.

One thing I want to know is if 2b has a custom body such as yoko. Also, I'd like to see her face because she looks like a SD in the official photos. I know there won't be a great difference, but sometimes a little change means a lot.

I was referring to the users I've seen posting their unboxing pics and the length of time its been since they started dressing them, it definitely seems to be a lot of effort. I've been following the progress of twitter user who got both of them.  2B is the standard DDdy body which i find to be a shame cos while she needs the thighs, the boobs honestly look ridiculous on her (like I laughed out loud seeing that nude wigless pic of her...), but its not so noticeable when theyre covered of course. 

https://twitter.com/takashi_ga__16g?s=20

Didn't wanna post owner pics in the thread before Beani so i'll just post the link to the twitter. You can see what I mean about her lips - although 9S's still have the blushed look just as the prototype did.

Beani

Haha thanks for the thought @Monty Honestly I can’t take a good photo to save my life but she is finally all set up. I haven’t bothered trying to style the wig with product yet.. I’ll do a New Arrival post later on with more pics. 

The wig feels really rough and weird to be honest but I don’t know why. I had a small chunk come out too which was scary so the quality seems a little eh on that. I also have a thread defect right on the front of the bodice which is a little heartbreaking but that’s how it goes..

She’s as gorgeous as I hoped for but I think the stress of her clothes has made me too worn out right now to be giddy ha. I hope they translated the instructions for those overseas cause there are definitely some key points you need to know or the clothes just WILL NOT go on. I thought they wouldn’t matter too much so struggled with hooks for ages before reading the instructions properly and going “OHHH”.

BB5CBA21-ACF3-4852-BD9D-699B9C8F83D0.jpeg

• Like 4

Monty

Maybe its the lighting, but I like the lips better in your pic Beani! 
I was fearing the wigs would be blah quality, so I'll probably get a new one for 9S eventually... I hope 9S isnt so hard to put together.

What are your thoughts on the pod?

edit: interesting that the headband is white lined, I wouldnt have thought that was necessary since it only touches her hair. I didnt notice that in the prototype pics.

Edited by Monty