The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Dollfie the Best Selection (Dollfie 20th Anniversary)

Monty
11 minutes ago, merry-go-round said:

oh ok, Arle is a cute doll :) Best selection for MDD is obvious. So we have one doll for december. It's missing one. 
So this end of year there will be no sailor moon. 

We don't know that there is only one doll - Volks News isn't out until probably the 11th, the only reason Arle got announced this early was because of the PuyoPuyo stream. (She was actually originally announced in a PuyoPuyo stream rather than via Volks too, so it seems fitting). I think there will probably be another one, and I'm very interested to know if it will be another DD, a DDS or a DDdy. (I still really feel like they need to do another DD because Miku seems kinda unfair lol)
I don't expect Sailor Moon dolls though, I'm expecting other rereleases. I think the other Sailor Moon dolls (at least the inner senshi) will come, but there's no reason they can't wait a year (and that's only if they're gonna be December every time.)

edit: I'm a little disappointed that the rereleases so far are using the same outfits as the original, with the only main difference being the f3 upgrade, considering the last time this happened they got new outfits.

Edited by Monty

baldylox

Wow, Arle is like THE MDD girl to have.  I knew she was a cutie when she was first released and the aftermarket on her has proven that by having her prices soar.

I agree that her re-release is a good thing for people who missed her and don't want to pay crazy aftermarket prices for her but I also agree that if she is a clickwar offering then it's going to be a complete train wreck.  Let's all pray she's a lottery instead!

She's super cute and I'd love to have her but with the last 2 months worth of action in my doll family, there's no way I'll be able to afford her.  That and getting her would mean my even number of MDD girls would be thrown out of whack and I can't go against The Law of MDD Ownership of always having pairs of them.  😄

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

cfx
7 hours ago, Monty said:

I think there will probably be another one, and I'm very interested to know if it will be another DD, a DDS or a DDdy. (I still really feel like they need to do another DD because Miku seems kinda unfair lol)

As much as I've griped about Miku Reboot it's obvious I agree with that. However, given how long it's taken to get any of the doll rereleases out, my current thinking is that there will be just the three "The Best" rereleases, a DD, a DDS or DDdy (since they were voted on together), and the MDD or DDP (which we now know is Arle and wasn't going to be Iori or Yayoi in any case).

That said, if that's what Volks does, I also think it's really likely there will be some further rereleases that come from the voting results, but aren't labeled as "The Best." If you look at DD releases after the 15th Anniversary voting, Volks did this, or at least it looks like they did it. Melty Christmas and Sasara White came out December 2014 as the official "The Best" rereleases and Mariko sometime in 2015 but then over those next two years we got Rin Tohsaka v2, Alisa v2, and Rin Shibuya Cinderella Project version. Maybe even Asuna Titania was from the voting, though that was 3 years later.

It's true it is disappointing they aren't changing the outfits, or offering a different extra one like they typically do with the original release. If this was always their plan though, what we got to vote on makes more sense. I always thought it was odd that both Sakuyas, both Sasaras, etc., were in the polls though it also could be that it was just all DDs period. Still, it only made sense if you were also voting on outfits, and even with that I still think it is odd in the sense that it split votes between two versions of a doll, or alternately let you vote effectively twice as often for a doll (ignoring the outfit) since you could use 2 of your 3 votes each day on Sasara for instance.

As for Arle, I'm safe. I'm just not interested in owning a MDD, though if I was buying one she's the one I'd pick.

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime

Glad it's Arle. No interest in getting an MDD, but I voted for her every day because so many people want her.

They could do Venus as the other, there is nothing that says they have to come in pairs.

If they do a DDDy I'm hoping for Kanu.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Kotone

Ah god I’ve been waiting for this. I hope hope HOPE she’s lottery (and that I get her of course) because I’ve been putting off paying for her secondhand for a LONG time. If it’s a clickwar I wouldn’t be able to participate because I’ll be at the airport on the day the picture says... wish me luck >.<;;

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Kotone said:

Ah god I’ve been waiting for this. I hope hope HOPE she’s lottery (and that I get her of course) because I’ve been putting off paying for her secondhand for a LONG time. If it’s a clickwar I wouldn’t be able to participate because I’ll be at the airport on the day the picture says... wish me luck >.<;;

12/14/19 is likely the December Dolpa, and 1/18/20 is probably the after event in which she will be available on the web one way or another. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Kotone
48 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

12/14/19 is likely the December Dolpa, and 1/18/20 is probably the after event in which she will be available on the web one way or another. 

If that’s the case then I am in much more luck haha. No travel plans then at all!

Eiko82

YAY!! That is great news for everyone who wants one. Arle is a real cutie. I hope that everyone that wants her, will be able to get her. 

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Oh wow, I'm glad for the people that have wanted her!

I'll be super sad if we won't be getting an SM release this year, my bank account will be happy but I'll be sad. They could always release Jupiter alone this year, she's the most logical character to pick next since she came before Venus. Was hoping for both at once but I'll be happy if we just get one. I've been waiting all year!

Edited by Serena-Hime

Beani

The announcement is now official through Volks: https://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-12542278070.html

The V2 differences are the new f3 body and three Puyo plushies instead of just the green one like last time (so now blue, green and red).

Arle was not the MDD I voted for (I feel like the only one who wanted a different rerelease...) but she is exceptionally cute. I've been leaning more towards any MDD to join the family lately but I don't think I can justify the cost for her right now. Congrats to all those who were after her, hope they make enough to meet demand.

nettle_tea

Aaaaaa Arle is also my grail doll!! I know a lot of people voted for her, so I hope they make a lot of stock! I'm really stoked!

cfx

SD Disney Princess Rapunzel is being done by lottery, so maybe Arle will be too.

I posted the Rapunzel news in the resin section where it belongs, but for reference about lottery, the page is here (only in Japanese for now).

Satsuki_Yatohji

I'm so excited for Arle re-release, I have been trying to get one for so long! I don't know why Volks does not release other cute smily MDD like her.

Do you think she will be difficult to get in Dollpa 42?

Monty
On 11/8/2019 at 7:46 PM, Satsuki_Yatohji said:

I'm so excited for Arle re-release, I have been trying to get one for so long! I don't know why Volks does not release other cute smily MDD like her.

Do you think she will be difficult to get in Dollpa 42?

Whether it’s Dolpa or the Afterevent, I really have no idea what to expect. I imagine she would be more difficult to get at Dolpa than the after event though - but that’s purely because based on win rates there are almost certainly less available at Dolpa. As for the regular release odds, last time they did these anniversary rereleases they still seemed to be hard to get regardless but that was a while ago and they seem to have increased production since then. But it’s -Arle-, one of the most wanted MDDs. Even the people who already have her are after another one judging by twitter responses. (There’s even a guy with -two- who wants yet another one...)

Volks News should hopefully be out on Monday but there was no second doll teased today. They could be saving it as a surprise for when Volks News drops, or it might really only be Arle. edit: or of course volks news could come out a week later than expected.

The new Rapunzel SD was revealed to be a lottery release today and I hope that’s a sign that Arle will be too, but Rapunzel’s release is going to be pretty different (a lottery -before- Dolpa) so maybe not. I’m still really, really hoping Arle will be lottery because new web store or not, a clickwar will break it.

Edited by Monty

cfx
22 hours ago, Monty said:

Volks News should hopefully be out on Monday but there was no second doll teased today. They could be saving it as a surprise for when Volks News drops, or it might really only be Arle. 

I remember Volks twitter usually has a "Volks News is coming" type of post a little while before the issue comes out, usually with a link that has a vague table of contents. I don't remember how far ahead this is done though, but I haven't seen that yet either.

Monty
1 hour ago, cfx said:

I remember Volks twitter usually has a "Volks News is coming" type of post a little while before the issue comes out, usually with a link that has a vague table of contents. I don't remember how far ahead this is done though, but I haven't seen that yet either.

Usually its the Wednesday before, so I was surprised they didn't mention it. With them revealing Rapunzel on the friday and mentioning in the blog post about Arle that Volks News is out with more info 'in a few more days' it really does imply this Monday so I'm wondering if they actually forgot this time. If it really is not for another week it seems odd to have shown Rapunzel when they did, but all we can really do is wait. (Of course Rapunzel could've been shown early in order to show her and all her details ASAP due to her slightly different (ie earlier) release of course...) I personally think the 11th is more 'mid November' than the 18th but maybe Volks disagrees.

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
On 11/8/2019 at 3:18 AM, Monty said:

Volks News should hopefully be out on Monday but there was no second doll teased today. They could be saving it as a surprise for when Volks News drops, or it might really only be Arle. edit: or of course volks news could come out a week later than expected.

3 hours ago, Monty said:

With them revealing Rapunzel on the friday and mentioning in the blog post about Arle that Volks News is out with more info 'in a few more days' it really does imply this Monday so I'm wondering if they actually forgot this time. 

Maybe they just don't want anything competing with the Disney announcement for the next few days. Be a bit disappointing if there isn't a second DD and SD, but at the same time Rapunzel is so pretty I'd be very happy if they don't release a DD I have any interest in. Not sure I'd get her even if they don't, but she'd at least be feasible.

Edited by BeyondTime

Satsuki_Yatohji
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Maybe they just don't want anything competing with the Disney announcement for the next few days. Be a bit disappointing if there isn't a second DD and SD, but at the same time Rapunzel is so pretty I'd be very happy if they don't release a DD I have any interest in. Not sure I'd get her even if they don't, but she'd at least be feasible.

I'm pretty sure there will be something else, as Dolpa it's the main Volks festival and usually they release 2 SD and 2 DD. I'm so excited for the upcoming news!

BeyondTime
9 minutes ago, Satsuki_Yatohji said:

I'm pretty sure there will be something else, as Dolpa it's the main Volks festival and usually they release 2 SD and 2 DD. I'm so excited for the upcoming news!

Yeah, I am looking forward to Monday. I’m really hoping the iDOLM@STER Holy Night Gifter sets get a rerelease a part of Best-of-the-Best. Nicest looking Santa outfits Volks has made. 

Beani
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Yeah, I am looking forward to Monday. I’m really hoping the iDOLM@STER Holy Night Gifter sets get a rerelease a part of Best-of-the-Best. Nicest looking Santa outfits Volks has made. 

This is what I’m hoping for too. Love those sets but not willing to pay the aftermarket price on them. 

Monty

I stand corrected...no Volks news today. It looks like a bunch of people on twitter also expected it, we all got thrown off by the early doll announcements and ‘mid-november’. 

So next Monday then, hopefully there is still another Best Selection getting teased on Friday.