The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Dollfie the Best Selection (Dollfie 20th Anniversary)

BeyondTime

woah woah woah, are you telling me Volks basically made ...a The Cat Returns SD?!?!?!

So it would seem. I only found out about it because it was mentioned in the SD thread on DOA.

Pretty cool considering who the character is.

I've never seen it, but now I want to. Sounds like the usual Ghibli goodness.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Anna-neko
Pretty cool considering who the character is.

I've never seen it, but now I want to. Sounds like the usual Ghibli goodness.

I very much recommend it, it's a ridiculous but sweet fairy story.... that just happens to have CATS instead of FAE (or Frog Princes etc...) for the magical bit

BeyondTime
I very much recommend it, it's a ridiculous but sweet fairy story.... that just happens to have CATS instead of FAE (or Frog Princes etc...) for the magical bit

Sounds a bit like Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams then, except to memory Tailchaser had some pretty dark fae.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox
Sounds a bit like Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams then, except to memory Tailchaser had some pretty dark fae.

You're one of the VERY few people I know who knows that book! I always thought it would make an awesome movie or mini series but it never came to be. Too bad as it was a pretty cool story. You're right about it being dark too, there were some seriously creepy bits to it.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

littlebirdzoom

You're one of the VERY few people I know who knows that book! I always thought it would make an awesome movie or mini series but it never came to be. Too bad as it was a pretty cool story. You're right about it being dark too, there were some seriously creepy bits to it.

Billy

Just hopping in to say I LOOVE Tailchaser's Song!! Someone bought me that book a while ago without knowing what it was for a gift and I fell in love. Best random pick they ever had! I know a lot of people who have read the book who are also my age (in the 20s). And there seems to have been a recent series called "Warriors" that was clearly inspired by Tailchaser. You aren't alone! But back on topic....

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

cfx

I was reading back through this thread and realized how Volks is still torturing me over shoes. I griped some time ago about these nice black sandals that were in a recent Volks News (but were not released then):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaT9124VAAAuuuw.jpg

(on the right)

I still don't even know the part number for those, as they're not in the voting this round.

BeyondTime
I was reading back through this thread and realized how Volks is still torturing me over shoes. I griped some time ago about these nice black sandals that were in a recent Volks News (but were not released then):

(on the right)

I still don't even know the part number for those, as they're not in the voting this round.

I wonder if they could be a future product? Volks should do what fashion magazines sometimes do, and call out the products the model used in the photo.

Gabriel

(on the right)

They look to be SB-SD16G-024 or #105 on the poll with the flower part removed.

cfx

(on the right)

They look to be SB-SD16G-024 or #105 on the poll with the flower part removed.

I wondered in the past if that's the shoes they were but I coudln't find any reference to if the flowers came off, and thus wasn't sure if there was a variant without them. Jungle used to have these too (no longer do).

I don't know how I missed them in the poll; I think that page full of shoes just overwhelmed me. Thanks for pointing that out so now I'll be sure to vote for them for the rest of the period.

I wonder if they could be a future product? Volks should do what fashion magazines sometimes do, and call out the products the model used in the photo.

Yeah they should list them like that, but they only do that for ones that are in the magazine.

Future product, I wonder if they ever do that?

Gabriel

I wondered in the past if that's the shoes they were but I coudln't find any reference to if the flowers came off, and thus wasn't sure if there was a variant without them. Jungle used to have these too (no longer do).

I don't know how I missed them in the poll; I think that page full of shoes just overwhelmed me. Thanks for pointing that out so now I'll be sure to vote for them for the rest of the period.

I have no idea if the flowers are intended to come off. Regardless, the flowerless versions would at minimum be a sister release to those specified.

When there were related styles, they didn't seem to be consistent about adding all the different releases. For instance, SB-SD16G-004, 005, and 008 (93, 94, 97) are all listed. However, from Torino's pictures, I know that a black version of SB-SD16G-007 (96) was made, yet the variant is not in the poll. Likewise, there's SB-SD16G-047 (126) which I know for a fact has an inexplicable variant in SB-SD16G-055. The latter is the exact same style and color except for the inside being tan instead of black. SB-SD16G-064 (142) is another one which has a yellow strapped variant which isn't on the poll.

So, there are definitely released styles which aren't on the poll. I guess the best we can do in that case is vote for the related style which is listed and hope they recycle the design in various colors or accessories.

cfx

I have no idea if the flowers are intended to come off. Regardless, the flowerless versions would at minimum be a sister release to those specified.

When there were related styles, they didn't seem to be consistent about adding all the different releases. For instance, SB-SD16G-004, 005, and 008 (93, 94, 97) are all listed. However, from Torino's pictures, I know that a black version of SB-SD16G-007 (96) was made, yet the variant is not in the poll. Likewise, there's SB-SD16G-047 (126) which I know for a fact has an inexplicable variant in SB-SD16G-055. The latter is the exact same style and color except for the inside being tan instead of black. SB-SD16G-064 (142) is another one which has a yellow strapped variant which isn't on the poll.

So, there are definitely released styles which aren't on the poll. I guess the best we can do in that case is vote for the related style which is listed and hope they recycle the design in various colors or accessories.

Yeah that's why I didn't get those from Jungle back then. But for that shoe if there is a flower-less variant I've never been able to find a reference for it; it's not in the MFC database or on any Volks event webpage that's still up which would generally mean they are older than around 2011.

There's definitely a black version of SB-SD16G-007 (#96) as I've seen those too and just saw them on some Volks page with an outfit a day or two ago.

And oh yeah, the bizarre case of SB-SD16G-047 and -055. I have both of those.

MFC's database entry for SB-SD16G-024 lists the release date as 08/01/2010.

Edit: For the SD (not SD16) shoes, they have likely skipped a ton since nothing below SB-SD-090 is listed. Those numbers go back to at least SB-SD-003 which is a pair of white lace-up boots that look exactly like SB-SD16G-072 (#150) with lower heels.

I'm aware of at least one clothing set that wasn't shown in a previous round as well. I have a LPC Blue Label "detective" outfit; it's shown here near the bottom:

http://superdollfie.tea-nifty.com/blog/2011/11/112-95fb.html

That appears to have come out 11/2011, and it was not included in the voting. There was a later set of similar outfits that was in the vote though:

https://www.volks.co.jp/htd_osaka7/sumika5.html/#smk01

LPC Blue Label voting page:

http://www.superdollfie.net/dollfie20th/en/pj02_bs/05dress_pbl/

If one set was missing, there's probably others.

BeyondTime

I sort of wonder if they aren't factoring in current fashion trends, and factoring out early production products that aren't really worth updating, when they choose items for the polls.

They could also just be presenting us with just those clothing items they think it would be worthwhile to remake, and then letting us vote on those.

cfx

Those explanations make some sense, but then we come back the question of in the doll voting why were both versions of dolls such as Sasara, Alisa, and Sakuya in the polls? Unless Volks deviates from previous rereleases any doll is going to get a new outfit anyway so you weren't really voting for fullsets just characters.

cfx

Quoting myself but--

There's definitely a black version of SB-SD16G-007 (#96) as I've seen those too and just saw them on some Volks page with an outfit a day or two ago.

And here they are, on the girl wearing Azurite Blue Pretty on the page Volks just put up:

https://www.volks.co.jp/dolpa40/sumika_dc/

BeyondTime

Chobittum on DOA posted the following from Volks facebook. These are the dolls selected from the first rounds of voting.

SD16 Amelia 90,000 ¥

SDCB Kurt 59,000 ¥

SD Kira origin body Ver. ¥ 70,000

SD Milk/Miruku 83,000 ¥

SDC Gretel 56,000 ¥

SD17B Tachibana Shiro 140,000 ¥

SDM Chloe 52,000 ¥

SD Lieselotte the Best of the BESTs Ver. ¥ 88,000

Young midi B Cecil ~ End of Harukanaru Dreams ~ ¥ 63,000

Young midi B Reisen ~ Shadow of Captain ~ ¥ 63,000

Young midi B Williams ~ Asagomi Williams ~ ¥ 63,000

Young midi Cindy ~ Diva, guidance of the time ~ 50,000

SDB Michelle Dormitory Dormitory Ver. ¥ 87,000

SD17B Williams ~ Commodore Ver. ~ ¥ 150,000

SDGrB Cain ~ Midshipman Ver. ~ ¥ 119,000

DDS Nanami 55,000 ¥

DDS Mariko 55,000 ¥

DD Ruri ¥ 58,333

Edit: I found the post on their facebook. It looks like these are best selection dolls that will be sold at the Dolpa 40. I think this may be just the beginning, but I am going by machine translation.

It's on the Super Dollfie facebook page.

cfx
Chobittum on DOA posted the following from Volks facebook. These are the dolls selected from the first rounds of voting.

[...]

DDS Nanami 55,000 ¥

DDS Mariko 55,000 ¥

DD Ruri ¥ 58,333

Edit: I found the post on their facebook. It looks like these are best selection dolls that will be sold at the Dolpa 40. I think this may be just the beginning, but I am going by machine translation.

It's on the Super Dollfie facebook page.

Yeah that has to be something different. Those three DDs are all Akihabara Girls, which we were never given a chance to vote for.

Monty

Not the actual rerelease but definitely related to the poll 'for SD side anyway) and the 20th anniversary stuff overall. Both the SDs and DDs are also lotteries and presumably there is only one of each, so these ones at least aren't technically rereleases. According to a post on the official DD blog today, there will be a bunch of other DDs there too that will be revealed on the day. I assume these will also be one-off lotteries, but I do wonder if it will give some clue to who the rereleases could be.

I though it was kinda a shame that the SD size got actual one-offs (as in new outfits/wigs/makeup) using the popular sculpts where the 3 Akihabara girls are going to be be as-is....then I realised that they haven't unveiled the D'Coords yet, so who knows? That would be interesting if they used best selection winners as the heads in the D'Coord lineup.

BeyondTime

Another quote from DOA.

The Best Selection dolls being sold at D40 are all Best Selection Lottery dolls, which is a little different than the re-releases they've done/we're all waiting for. These are very limited quantities (probably 1-5 of each?) of the original release of the doll being lotteried off. There's even a note that they don't guarantee the dolls haven't aged (i.e. these are in fact original release dolls). They've done this before, like at the 2015 LA Dolpa.

I'm sure this list is informed by the voting that's been done, but it's not necessarily related to the "winners" which we'll likely see next year like the Dolpa 20 selection (Kurumi/Miruku, Tohya/Kohya, Lin/Shin) or the Dolpa 32 selection (Charlotte/Lieselotte, Kei, Megu).

cfx

Just a reminder this is the last day to vote in the final set of polls.

Gabriel

Anyone else beginning to feel like it was a complete waste of time to respond to all those polls?

Maybe I'm just needy, but some kind of acknowledgement of them in an announcement or something would have been nice.  I can't say the re-releases we've seen feel connected to these polls at all.

The Azurite set might have been.  I doubt the military uniforms were.  The original uniforms sold out instantly.  I even lost them on lottery, and that hadn't happened for a while.  Plus, I think the uniforms were being sold concurrently or pretty close to the poll.  So those I think was just a case of a simple re-release due to known demand, and not at all related to the poll.

And the Summer doll sale seemed like just selling whatever was still in stock.

cfx

I do feel the military uniforms were a result of the voting because Volks releases so few outfits of that type, that a second set this soon would seem odd otherwise. Those came out August 2017 and were voted on April-May 2018, by which time, as you state, they weren't available, with two exceptions, the two outfits that had the knee-length pants, which, not coincidentally, are the two that are being replaced with different styles in the new release. So as that suggests, I'm sure they did use sales figures as well as votes in determining things to rerelease.

As stated, Azurite Blue probably was as well. One thing that's a disappointment for me, and I bet you, is that Tenshi no Koromo, the one clothing line that is pretty much DD-specific, wasn't something we got to vote on at all, and I really don't get why.

In general I'm in agreement with your sentiment though. The summer sale, and the one Volks USA had, I'm sure was leftover stock, and I've already griped about how I feel about Miku being a Best rerelease over something more interesting. I'm not against Miku being available again...it just happens so often I think it shouldn't have been a Best rerelease. Then again if she really got so many votes, that kind of disappoints me in how people voted too; obviously not everyone buys from places like Mandarake, but I didn't vote for dolls that are easily available aftermarket, new, for close to their original prices when there are so many dolls of interest that can't be currently bought for reasonable prices.

I'm really hoping there's something to make this seem more interesting overall with whatever the rest of the doll rereleases are. I want Idolmaster girls, but even if I don't get what I want, I hope to see something that is currently rare and expensive that I know others want like Rise, Beatrice, Saber Lily, etc. (though unless they do additional full-size DDs after Miku those particular ones aren't happening).

At least I'm happy that something I voted for is happening, as I voted for the military outfits, and the new style that replaced the DD-sized short pants one is one I really like. Now I can build my small army of military idols. :classic_smile:

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime

I’m still of the opinion that Volks hasn’t really begun their DD rereleases yet. I just can’t see them doing all those votes, and only releasing Miku. Even Miku seems a bit iffy as an ultimate winner, but with that said she does have a legit huge fan base. If the preorders, or December dolls, aren’t BotB then I expect we will get more of them in 2020. 

Nothing says their festivities can only last a year. 

If they did identical dolls like with Miku, it’s just production, but if they are doing new outfits then it’s design and prototyping. Same goes for iM@S if the 765 Pro license requires a unitorso. 

Monty

Volks havent tweeted it yet but it looks like Arle's rerelease was confirmed for December Dolpa(/January after event) in a PuyoPuyo stream today... I wasn't sure if it was legit but it seems like jp doll twitter is talking about it a lot, so I assume it is. All I can hope is that they go back to lottery for this one because a clickwar for someone as sought after as Arle is going to be downright ugly, uglier than anything we've seen so far.
I'm very happy but also kinda distraught, it's terrible timing right after 9S and if I get her I wont be able to do Dream Choice next year.
If there is a second (or even third) doll, I assume we'll see it by next Friday if they tease it before Volks News ships the following Monday. 

Man, what to do...I mean she's my grail, but this timing...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

merry-go-round

oh ok, Arle is a cute doll :) Best selection for MDD is obvious. So we have one doll for december. It's missing one. 
So this end of year there will be no sailor moon. 

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

cfx
12 minutes ago, merry-go-round said:

So this end of year there will be no sailor moon. 

I agree, that seems unlikely to be together with Arle, unless there are three dolls and even then I don't think it's what they would do.

So what's more likely? Whatever else being released is something new, or the other rerelease (a DDS or DDdy)? I'm thinking another rerlease would be more consistent.

[We might eventually get more than one from a voting category, or rereleases not actually tagged as "The Best" as was done last time, but all we know will happen is one doll from the combined DDS/DDdy voting.]

Volks News is out around the middle of this month?

Edit: That picture says "Arle 2nd Version"; is that just because she's on the f3 body now, or is something else changed? I'm not really familiar with the original but I didn't notice other differences in that picture.

@Monty was typing the same time as me and answered most of what I wrote...

Edited by cfx