The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Dollfie the Best Selection (Dollfie 20th Anniversary)

Monty

@Beani tbh MOST of the MDDs would make more sense on a DDP body if you compare them to the characters they’re based on - Louise especially, so i’ve also wonderered how they would handle a rerelease of some of them. Considering they rereleased Saber as a DDS to better match her body type since DDS wasn’t available when she was released, it’s possible.

BeyondTime
@Beani tbh MOST of the MDDs would make more sense on a DDP body if you compare them to the characters they’re based on - Louise especially, so i’ve also wonderered how they would handle a rerelease of some of them. Considering they rereleased Saber as a DDS to better match her body type since DDS wasn’t available when she was released, it’s possible.

Yeah I totally forgot Saber, so we can hope that re-releases do take advantage of the new bodies.

My money is on Arle in the MDD section beating everything else in that voting series.

I have the past releases I want, except for Rin V1, and I will get her at some point early in the next year I think. Need a new camera lens and a second strobe unit first. I just hope people here to get the re-releases they want.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Rin V1 is still available at a reasonable price I've noticed, comparable to V2.

Takane/Anya/Chihaya I'll bite the bullet on. It's Miki Hoshii that without a rerelease I'll likely never have.

And Ranko.

What's funny is I used to strongly dislike the Miki DD. Too bad that opinion didn't last.

Beani

Saber swapping to DDS was one of the reasons I hoped for MDDs to switch. But then I feel bad for those who want MDDs since they are so rare. Interesting to hear some SDs have swapped too.

I kinda hope Miki isn't rereleased cause I don't need that temptation.

cfx

The main page isn't yet updated but the indvidual pages are up:

http://www.superdollfie.net/dollfie20th/en/pj02_bs/

LPC Blue Label outfits:

http://www.superdollfie.net/dollfie20th/en/pj02_bs/05dress_pbl/

Dollfie Dream Accessories:

http://www.superdollfie.net/dollfie20th/en/pj02_bs/05dd/

Super Dollfie Tenshi-no-Sato Limited Models:

http://www.superdollfie.net/dollfie20th/en/pj02_bs/05sd/

Blue Label is complete outfits only, separate items aren't there. I was surprised for accessories and expected Tenshi no Koromo instead; guess that will be in a sixth round. For the 15th anniversary there were six rounds but the sixth was about the same time frame as this fifth one.

Sord

Wow! Look at the number of outfits you can choose from for the LPC Blue Label category. But, then again, this is for their 20th Anniversary. I see a lot of interesting outfits, so narrowing it down to three will take some time.

For the DD Accessories; the Machine Gun looks like a must vote. Does anyone own both of the Japanese swords? If so, how do they compare to each other? It looks to me like the newest one might be better quality. Hmm... I'm not sure of what else to consider. Lastly, I have no interest in the other category.

cfx

The red/white/black newer Japanese swords are being rereleased next month, so don't use up one of your votes on those.

Sord
The red/white/black newer Japanese swords are being rereleased next month, so don't use up one of your votes on those.

Oh, nice. Thanks!

BeyondTime

Update from the Best Selection site:

From November 16, 2018 we will start accepting the votes for the 6th round of the Best Selection!

Please do look forward to that!

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Tenshi-no-Koromo outfits will surely be in this round. Otherwise I don't know what there might be.

RiverR

They still haven't included the Akihabara girls. . . .

gigglesky

Sorry for asking, but I'm super new to this. Do they make an announcement of the voting results?

cfx
Sorry for asking, but I'm super new to this. Do they make an announcement of the voting results?

Unlikely as they haven't in the past. The dolls and outfits that get rereleased specifically from the polls will likely be labelled as such though as they were before.

Monty

Time for the final voting.

http://www.superdollfie.net/page.jsp?id=285328 (wrong link, see cfx’s post below)

This time we have the Akihabara Girls outfits, YoSD outfits, aaall the shoes (spread across multiple categories) and, interestingly, character concepts from the various SD story lines that havent been made yet! (It's almost a shame there's no similar option with DD, but I guess they only really have Akihabara Girls)

It's the YoSD stuff and SD character concepts I'm most interested in, so I'll be slamming that vote button for dream nights cheshire cat every day, in the hopes that he'll be a SDCute Boy. (obviously no guarantee of that, but if the other dream nights cat (Puss in Boots, ie Renee) was a SDCute girl...)

Edited by Guest

cfx

Your link is the "thank you for vote" page in one of the categories. The top link is:

http://www.superdollfie.net/dollfie20th/en/pj02_bs/

Ok, time for me to bitch as usual.

Why didn't we get a voting category for Tenshi no Koromo clothing? It's the main DD clothing line and it wasn't offered. Besides Designers Collection it's the line I most wanted stuff from. The voting pages have also been a good reference for old outfits that are no longer anywhere on the Volks websites.

It's also rather odd that Akihabara Girls DDs weren't a category especially since we are now getting their clothes. Most of those dolls have already had multiple releases though.

I get that there were six rounds and mabye there couldn't be votes for everything, but there were also some odd choices like the DD accessories, which was nice to have but TnK would've been better in its place.

Monty

...for some reason I have a false memory of voting for Tenshi no Koromo clothes previously and so thought it was there but now I’m really perplexed that it isn’t. Akihabara girls I can understand as they may have their own schedule for that or don’t want to rerelease them but skipping Koromo and yet including the accessories (which are honestly not exciting) makes no sense to me.

Damn, and there were some I really wanted to vote for too.

Gunter

I feel so bad. I don't really care about any of the DD items this time around as I can live without all of them. Even the shoes I didn't really feel excited for...

BUT. The SD pick? TOO MANY OPTIONS. Grown up vers. and staff, and just strange things like Michael's FAMILIAR? There's even a listing for A DOG. WHAT.

So yeah I literally don't care about anything else basically than this SD choice. I'll still vote, mostly for what my friends want, but the SD one is gonna be the one I'm hoping to see so much from.

BeyondTime
There's even a listing for A DOG. WHAT.

When I saw those I wondered if they wouldn't release them re-imagined as a human.

Gunter

When I saw those I wondered if they wouldn't release them re-imagined as a human.

Yeah, who knows. It'd be amazing to see Volks sculpt something non-human, but at the same time I feel like the chances are it'll end up being a human...which then comes off really weird. Like he is just calling this human his "dog." Or I mean "beloved dog."

BeyondTime

Yeah, who knows. It'd be amazing to see Volks sculpt something non-human, but at the same time I feel like the chances are it'll end up being a human...which then comes off really weird. Like he is just calling this human his "dog." Or I mean "beloved dog."

Ah, I can certainly see that being jarring in a modern and very hip line like Tokyo Boys Story. I was thinking a re-imagining of characters as I was considering the Journey to Dream Nights line. I can totally see Cheshire Cat or March Hare as a person. That's how any theater staging of Alice would have to present them to the audience anyways. I can't imagine Caterpillar as anything other than a costume or a plushie.

They could create the fanciful characters using characters from other lines, like they were actors in a play, if they wanted to do it that way. Jun Tachibana would make a great Cheshire Cat imo.

I voted for Cheshire Cat & Red Queen as it happens. Volks would knock those out of the park I think. I'm starting to think maybe I should vote for White Queen instead. I bet she'll be as beautiful as new-fallen snow.

Totally agree it would be neat to see an SD dog or SD cat, but I'd bet they would be pretty pricey. It would probably have to be sculpted fur, and have articulation that allowed them to stand on their own on four legs. They would need poseability that allowed them to have the fore and hind legs at different elevations too. Volks could totally pull this off, but I bet it would be as expensive as a DD standard model at a bare minimum.

Just imagine the market for eyes for a Volks animal line. Instant market for doggy vampire eyes.

Edited by Guest

cfx
Shoes! How can I possibly vote for only three?

I'm picky enough in what I want (I don't like overly frilly or ornate shoes) I only found about that many to vote for. I find it annoying that the shoe categories do not include anywhere near all the shoes they've made, which is obvious by where the numbers start.

On that topic, via my stalking of Mandarake I eventually figured out previous clothing categories did not always include every outfit ever released. I have a LPC Blue Label outfit that wasn't in the voting--it's an outfit I bought by mistake thinking it was something else given I didn't know what I got existed, sigh.

BeyondTime

There is some information over at DOA that there will be some best selection dolls offered as one off lotteries at the December Dolpa.

Here is the site link, but so far no additional info beyond the main page.

https://www.volks.co.jp/dolpa40/plaza/

BeyondTime

Well, ok it looks like they have done this before, although it appears this doll is based on a drawing of a film of some sort. I can see something like this for the storybook characters, but not Tokyo Boys Story, it would come across like Harvey the imaginary rabbit. XD

Apparently it was under a line called Dollfie Friends.

s-l1000.jpg

51AXYJRY32L.jpg

Link to the Mandarake page for a better look at him.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/DetailPage/item?itemCode=1046027670&ref=list&lang=en

Anna-neko

Apparently it was under a line called Dollfie Friends.

s-l1000.jpg

woah woah woah, are you telling me Volks basically made ...a The Cat Returns SD?!?!?!