The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Dollfie the Best Selection (Dollfie 20th Anniversary)

la_

Anyone have favorites in the LPC Black Label group?

http://www.superdollfie.net/dollfie20th/en/pj02_bs/04dress_pbk/

There isn't much there that really appeals to me and the one outfit I really wanted I recently got from Mandarake. Some of the really old ones look interesting but with no information pages up on anything pre-2011 it's impossible to know if outfits even fit DD.

The Komachi sets (#71). I had them in my cart when they first came out, but the Volks website glitched and emptied my cart when I was checking out and someone else snapped them up. They don't show up on secondhand sites often.

cfx

Voting now finished for this round. I was kinda lazy and failed to vote every day but when I did I voted for some of the suggestions I got here.

Next round is September 21st. In clothing there is still Tenshi no Koromo and LPC Blue Label to go. I don't know if there is anything in doll categories. Maybe we'll get Akihabara Girls but I'd have expected that already if it was happening.

I wonder also if there will be clothing items besides full outfits? LPC Blue Label includes a lot of individual items like socks and skirts, and there's also the Shoes Boutique and Lingerie Box labels but perhaps those won't have voting. I wasn't in the hobby last time they did this so I don't know all the categories they did and this time seems to be different anyway.

BeyondTime

While I don't know what to expect, I would think they would do shoes given how fast some of their shoes sell out.

Lingerie Box is more than pantsu too, so it might make sense for them to do that one as well.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

RiverR

Last time they held the Best Selection, in 2014, they had six rounds of voting. I can't remember what all the themes were, but the last round of voting for DD was Tenshi-no-Koromo as is verified here: http://www.superdollfie.net/dollfie15th/bs_en/ (Sadly, the 15th Anniversary site doesn't seem to archive each round of voting like this year's Best Selection site does.)

I do distinctly remember that they included the Akihabara girls, and IIRC they were a category all their own, and appeared near the end of the voting - maybe the 4th or 5th theme. So I do expect the Akihabara girls to make an appearance again, especially since Volks stated they "nominated" dolls and clothing "from all the items which have been released in the past 20 years." So why would they neglect their own character line?

It would be nice if they'd do shoes as a clothes category too. The nice ones always sell out so quickly!

cfx
While I don't know what to expect, I would think they would do shoes given how fast some of their shoes sell out.

I think Volks doesn't want to sell shoes. Or they have some fetish where they want all DDs to go barefoot.

I like shoes! I want shoes!

Otherwise, why don't they up shoe production? Why not have at least a few shoes in a standard line where they are always available? The only shoes I'm aware of that seem they might be like that are the plastic pumps.

Last time they held the Best Selection, in 2014, they had six rounds of voting. I can't remember what all the themes were, but the last round of voting for DD was Tenshi-no-Koromo as is verified here: http://www.superdollfie.net/dollfie15th/bs_en/ (Sadly, the 15th Anniversary site doesn't seem to archive each round of voting like this year's Best Selection site does.)

I do distinctly remember that they included the Akihabara girls, and IIRC they were a category all their own, and appeared near the end of the voting - maybe the 4th or 5th theme. So I do expect the Akihabara girls to make an appearance again, especially since Volks stated they "nominated" dolls and clothing "from all the items which have been released in the past 20 years." So why would they neglect their own character line?

It would be nice if they'd do shoes as a clothes category too. The nice ones always sell out so quickly!

Thanks for that link. I agree on the Akihabara Girls. This last round just confused me because instead of being dolls, the Dollfie Dream category was the limited character outfits, and I don't know why that wasn't a clothing category. Previous round had two clothing categories so that isn't it. Anyway from that last time I see the Tenshi no Koromo was a doll rather than clothing category too, for whatever reason.

If we get six rounds again then there are two to go.

BeyondTime

I think the big problem with shoes is that they are expensive, and it's possible the margins might not be as good for Volks if they are also expensive to make.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

sinclair
I think the big problem with shoes is that they are expensive, and it's possible the margins might not be as good for Volks if they are also expensive to make.

They can't be that expensive. I've gotten several shoes off of eBay for under $10 USD that seem to have better build quality then Volks. Granted, they aren't made in Japan, but still.

BeyondTime
I'm really bummed I missed Yuriko, but I have a feeling she won't be another one grand IdolMaster doll so *shrug*. No more Miki prices please Q_Q

Miki Hoshii. I want her a lot but the price is so awful at 200K. I'm desperately hoping she gets a rerelease from the voting. She's the most expensive DDS now by far so that seems like a good chance. I think the next highest are Ranko and Uzuki at 130-140K. But since the voting was grouped with DDS and DDdy I have no idea if they will release one of both or just one from the combined category.

Here is what I am thinking / wondering about the odds of Lily or Miki. This is just speculation on my part so take it all with a grain of salt.

If we consider price a gauge of popularity and / or rarity then Miki and Lily should be top candidates for a re-release through voting. As far as we know though all Volks is going to do is look at the results and use them as a guide to pick the dolls they want to re-issue even if they aren't top vote getters. No guarantees no matter what the votes turned out to be.

I think there are some cons to a Lily re-release that don't exist for a Miki re-release.

Lily would be very expensive as a re-release, and I wonder if that wouldn't have suppressed the votes she gets. It's one thing to say "I want her," but another to actually say "I can pay $1000+ dollars for a doll, so I will vote for her over another less expensive one." To be certain, $1000 is cheap compared to after market, but it's still a lot of money compared to another doll that might cost half as much.

Miki by contrast would be in the $500 - $600 price range like any other iM@S release. She was originally ¥57,000, so figure about $500 plus any price increase due to time.

There have been many saber re-releases, and there is the recent pre-order. This might make Lily less desirable to Volks because she might not be as in demand with Altria and Jeanne out there in large numbers. I actually didn't vote for Lily for this reason. I just think she's unlikely at the present time, so I tossed my votes to Miki, and some of the other dolls I've seen forum members anxious to see re-released.

Miki has never had a re-release, and judging from the volume of Miki fanart I suspect she is a very popular iM@S character. She had some serious moe going on in the anime too.

The last would be licensing. I've seen speculation that Volks hasn't re-released Lily because they may not be able to get another Type-Moon license for her. This is just speculation I saw here on the forum, so take it with a large helping of salt.

I think getting a new license for Miki from Namco would probably be cake. iM@S is a huge property for them, and it doesn't seem to be running out of steam. They already made Rin V2, and Shiburin is easily one of the most popular Cinderella's, so the precedent for re-releasing a popular iM@S character is there. A Volks DDS Miki V2 would be like printing money imo.

Rin is a totally awesome DD too; just saying.

The two iM@S characters I personally would think it would be best to re-release are Ranko and Miki. Partly cost, and partly because Ranko is getting very rare. She's really stunning too, and a very cute character in the series, so I kind of hope if it's not Miki then it's her.

I just wish Volks would put out a gothic parasol. I want the Gothic Miku dress with a black parasol for my Ranko something fierce. XD

Kanzaki.Ranko.full.1924774.jpg

Edited by Guest

cfx

I've had similar thoughts as you wrt both Miki and Saber Lily rereleases. I've tried to not be too hopeful for Miki since that will likely lead to disappointment but it seems like there is a good chance of her getting a rerelease. I agree on Ranko too because I've noticed on Mandarake they don't even currently have a Ranko for sale, so she not only goes for a pretty high price, she's just not easy to actually buy at all. Maybe we could get both; even if they didn't officially state it was a result of the voting, they've done the different outfit rereleases before just because they decided to.

For the full-size DD(3), I think it's much harder to guess what might have even been highest in the polls. If you go by the most expensive dolls now, while Saber Lily is #1, there are a number not too far behind her; Tamaki, Beatrice, Rise Kujikawa, and Yuki Morikawa all come to mind; I know Rise was a popular choice among posters here. I always voted for Takane and I think usually Yuki and third was Sakuya or someone else I don't remember now.

Yeah, Ranko needs that parasol. Volks messed up by not giving her that already.

I'm pretty clueless on what Idolmaster characters are most popular in Japan and why, but perhaps Miki is since she was apparently the main heroine of the original game on the Xbox 360 so in some way she is kinda what started it all.

BeyondTime

With some of the outfits I expect that they would release related outfits in sets as opposed to just one of them. Like the iM@S Christmas outfits would probably both be released even if white got a lot more votes than the red, and you wouldn't release Idol @ School M bust without Idol @ School L bust even if M got more votes than L.

I'd sort of expect the same with some of the dolls, Like Mio from K-On would get a re-release with Yui even though Mio is likely to be a lot more popular.

Singer Yuna

Well, when Sasara got rereleased, nor Tamaki, Manaka and Konomi didn't, but the uniforms did. I voted for Miiki and Chihaya for the im@s love ^^

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

BeyondTime
Well, when Sasara got rereleased, nor Tamaki, Manaka and Konomi didn't, but the uniforms did. I voted for Miiki and Chihaya for the im@s love ^^

I love my DDS B72 in all her flat chested glory.

Sord

Question: I know what DDS is, but what does "B72" mean?

Anyway, I'm really hoping that Kanu's Chinese Dress outfit wins that last round, because the boots for mine are starting to fall apart right now.

BeyondTime

Anyway, I'm really hoping that Kanu's Chinese Dress outfit wins that last round, because the boots for mine are starting to fall apart right now.

It’s an iM@S reference. Chihaya is often referred to as B72 by fans of the franchise; it’s her bust size, and she is very self conscious about it. I like her just as she is though.

Sord

It’s an iM@S reference. Chihaya is often referred to as B72 by fans of the franchise; it’s her bust size, and she is very self conscious about it. I like her just as she is though.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

BeyondTime

Ah, I see. Thanks!

If you aren't familiar with it, she a very slim girl with an incredible singing voice. She has a great story in the anime, so I love the character. She's also very cute, but her flaw is that she thinks singing is all she has to offer as an idol, unlike the idols with more um... ample proportions.

She sings one of her songs a capella, and her voice actress is an amazing singer.

cfx

[split from the Nier thread]

As for the poll rereleases, I have been assuming at least some are this December just because that’s what happened last time apparently, potentially continuing into next year as the anniversary stuff continues. (Unlike last time they DID have separate categories for each so it’s hopefully not hoping too much to have one for each type...) at any rate I do expect at least some of them before October 2019 or however long these two take to come out. (Not that I would get anyone other than Arle or maybe Cirno but new doll releases are always fun and living vicariously through people getting theirs will at least offer some distraction from the crushing wait)

I used Jadepixel's database as a reference. The 15th anniversary voting was in 2014 and then we got:

• 12/2014 - Sasara White Gothic Version, Melty Christmas Version
  • 08/2015 - Alisa TV Anime Version, Mariko Summer Festival Version

I'm assuming those are rereleases from the polls. I don't know that Volks specified them as such as I know they did for the outfits. Those match the categories as I understood they were last time, DD, DDS, DDdy, Akihabara Girls. But a few rereleases continued for the next year or so:

• 12/2015 - Rin Tohsaka V2
  • 05/2016 - Rin Shibuya Cinderella Project Version

And a few after that even such as Santa Saber in 12/2016. I don't assume those later ones were officially released because of the polls, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Volks used that data in deciding on those rereleases.

This time, I hope at least there is a DD, DDS, DDdy, and MDD. That is to say, since DDdy and DDS voting was combined, I hope there isn't just a single doll from that combined category rereleased. MDD and DDP were combined too and having one of each there wouldn't make since with only two DDPs, but I don't think it's a concern as with Yayoi and Iori selling for 80K on Mandarake I don't think they got lots of votes.

I'm hoping for DDS as its own category because I feel there is a good chance the one I want could happen. That's Miki Hoshii who is, as far as I know, the currently most-expensive DDS at ~200K. Obviously Volks still has the Idolmaster license so there shouldn't be a problem with that either.

merry-go-round

Honestly, I can not wait to know that gave the previous votes. I think we will get into the serious stuff with the votes of the DDs selected by vote.

I really hope it's going to be interesting.

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

Monty

The December Dolpa that year which was advertised as being anniversary related had 6 rereleases.

https://www.volks.co.jp/dolpa32/

SD x2

SDGr x1

YOSD x1

DDS x1

DDdyx 1

With other rereleases happening throughout the following years. I’m not sure that winning categories they will have this time but I hope they do have a MDD release in December just because it’s been so long and since they didn’t see a rerelease last time.

cfx
The December Dolpa that year which was advertised as being anniversary related had 6 rereleases.

https://www.volks.co.jp/dolpa32/

SD x2

SDGr x1

YOSD x1

DDS x1

DDdyx 1

With other rereleases happening throughout the following years. I’m not sure that winning categories they will have this time but I hope they do have a MDD release in December just because it’s been so long and since they didn’t see a rerelease last time.

Thank you. Given that information I checked the Dolpa pages for the other rereleases that came after. Of other things I mentioned, only Mariko was specifically stated as from the polls--the Dollfie the Best 15th logo is shown with her here:

http://www.volks.co.jp/htd_kyoto12/

From your link, if I'm not misinterpreting, the dolls from poll result winners are all listed with that the Best of the BESTs line so it's the two SDs, the DDS and the DDdy, while the SDGr and YOSD aren't part of that, apparently. I'm too unfamiliar with SDs in general though. Anyway, it gives a clue about how DDs will be handled. Sasara is shown as "the Best of the BESTs - Theme #1, DD/DDdy" and Melty for "Theme #2, MDD/DDS" and we know there wasn't a MDD rerelease. So the rereleases were per voting category, and if Volks follows the same thing this time then there will be a single DDS/DDdy, not one of both. The two SDs suggest they weren't against releasing more than one from a category though.

Volks has shown this year they aren't following their own rules anymore but if this plays out the same way then we would get one DD, one DDdy or DDS, and a MDD (or DDP, but that's unlikely). Whether they are all in December I can't guess, as I can't for what they will do with SDs.

Next voting round starts September 21st. It's the 5th round and last time there were six, but the last one was 09/15 - 10/06 so I suspect this may be the last one this time. The final one before was for LPC Blue Label and Tenshi no Koromo clothing and that's what I'd expect for this round this time as I don't know what else is left...Akihabara Girls if they're getting a vote again but since there were no DDs last time I'm doubting that.

SakuraSylph
The two SDs suggest they weren't against releasing more than one from a category though.

Even though they're two distinct dolls and sold individually not as a set, SD Charlotte and Lieselotte might as well be considered a single unit when looking at releases in the SD world. Those two always come out together and have had three total releases thus far. I think the pair of them was considered the singular winner in the SD category. Thinking that way keeps things consistent.

SakuraSylph

cfx
The two SDs suggest they weren't against releasing more than one from a category though.

Even though they're two distinct dolls and sold individually not as a set, SD Charlotte and Lieselotte might as well be considered a single unit when looking at releases in the SD world. Those two always come out together and have had three total releases thus far. I think the pair of them was considered the singular winner in the SD category. Thinking that way keeps things consistent.

That makes sense; the SD world is pretty foreign to me.

So then, if, and given all the things Volks has done differently this year, a big if, they follow what they did before then where each voting category gets one doll rereleased, then what we should get is, I believe:

• one Dollfie Dream
  • one Dollfie Dream Sister or one Dollfie Dream Dynamite
  • one Mini Dollfie Dream or one Dollfie Dream Pretty
  • one SD, SD13, SDGr or SD16
  • one SDB, SD13B, SDGrB, SD16B, SD17B, or SDGOU
  • one MSD, MSDB, SDM, SDMB, SDCute, or SDCuteB
  • one Yo-SD, Yo-SDB, Yo-Midi, or Yo-MidiB

Plus if there is anything in the remaining round(s) that'd be added.

Beani

It's a total pipe dream but I'm hoping for a Kud rerelease on DDP. I absolutely love her but thought MDD was a bit too kiddy for her. After all I believe she's the same height as Yayoi.

Seems everyone here wants Arle though. So if that sentiment is reflected in Japan I have no hope at Kud.

With the combined section of MDD/DDP it will be interesting to see if they do take the chance to adjust the base doll body on a rerelease to be more accurate (if necessary) though.

BeyondTime

With the combined section of MDD/DDP it will be interesting to see if they do take the chance to adjust the base doll body on a rerelease to be more accurate (if necessary) though.

I know they've done body changes on the SD side. Jun Tachibana was first released on SD13, and later was released on SDGr, but I suspect that had more to do with a shift from SD13 to SDGr for new releases.

cfx

Since Saber has become a DDS, Volks seems willing to do that at least.

What I wanted: for DD, Takane, which I doubt it happening. I'd expect Rise, Tamaki, Beatrice, Saber Lily or Yuki Morikawa to have placed highest in the polls given pricing and rarity (and some of those I'd be interested in as well). I wanted Miki Hoshii or Ranko for DDS who I thought was possible in a separate category, but with DDdy combined I expect more votes for Sasara and maybe others like Yoko.

I also wonder how Volks treats votes for the dolls already with a rerelease? Given rereleases generally get new outfits, while people may have voted for specific outfits it likely has little effect on the actual outfit of a rerelease. So, for example in the DDS/DDdy poll, you could vote for Sasara twice each day. If they combine the two then she has an advantage over dolls that only have one entry you can vote on. Similarly in the regular DD category all dolls with rereleases had two entries, or Saber Alter has three so you could theoretically vote for her 3 times every day and never vote for another doll at all.

Volks of course doesn't divulge such info or even who the poll winners are so it's all speculation but I think about pointless things.