Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Gunter

Volks Super Dollfies

monkeypizzasonic
28 minutes ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

So, being new to the Volks world, I don't know if Dolfie Icons belong here (if not, please move this post), but I missed this, and on the one hand, my wallet is very happy, but on the other hand, DAMN!!! https://volksusa.com/dollfieicon/2021.html

The 2021 Futuristic line. I loves them. I wants them all. So gorgeous.

I told myself I didn't want a resin Volks doll, then I saw one in person, and I WANTS it. 

Icons are vinyl dolls styled like Volks' resin line, so it makes sense you'd be confused! The Icon thread is over here.

monkeypizzasonic

But on the topic of resin, I have an Iplehouse Carina head I haven't been doing anything with and I'm tempted to sell her at some point and get a SD16 72 or 73 with vivid makeup in amber and making her into the Egyptian goddess I've always wanted...

• Like 2

BeyondTime

I entered for Alice Polka-dot version, and the Ribbon Kimono. Now I just have to hope that it really ends up pre-order or the lottery has a high win rate. Their website is still having connection issues even 12 hours after the event launch, so I have a feeling they are getting a lot of orders. XD

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Irulazuli

Fingers crossed! I am going to enter later in the month - it's three weeks, and I would like a quick resolution between order and lottery results (unfortunately, I am too cynical to believe in anything else than a lottery - I bet the scalpers have already filled the quota).

I have entered for last year's lottery, and did not get a doll - this year I am planning to enter for both, hoping that I get one at least. Alice has been my graill since release, but second-hand prices have made it impossible. I have checked the prices on y!j yesterday - what is happening is horrifying.

BeyondTime
11 hours ago, Irulazuli said:

I have checked the prices on y!j yesterday - what is happening is horrifying.

Are they selling dolls they haven’t won yet?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

demonmiko

Some of them look like promised pre-orders and some look like they won them over the weekend at Dolpa.

Irulazuli

Yes, there was Dolpa yesterday, so I'm assuming that's where they are coming from.

BeyondTime
40 minutes ago, Irulazuli said:

Yes, there was Dolpa yesterday, so I'm assuming that's where they are coming from.

Ah, ok that’s a different story. The prices are always steepest on the Dolpa releases, and I guess people will pay more to have it first. 

Edit: Went and looked, those prices are nuts. 

apag22

image.png.9c1c337f834e2a0e00f239bc0df0b05f.pngFCS SD midi coming to join my dolly family in november! I need to pick a name, but the character will be a young vampire

• Like 3

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

BeyondTime
38 minutes ago, apag22 said:

FCS SD midi coming to join my dolly family in november! I need to pick a name, but the character will be a young vampire

Congrats. 

• Like 1

demonmiko
On 8/1/2021 at 6:56 PM, monkeypizzasonic said:

But on the topic of resin, I have an Iplehouse Carina head I haven't been doing anything with and I'm tempted to sell her at some point and get a SD16 72 or 73 with vivid makeup in amber and making her into the Egyptian goddess I've always wanted...

This is pretty much the combo I went with and for a similar theme. XD amber SD16 F-72, Egyptian inspired. She will be a force to be reckoned with. It'll be exciting to see your girl if you decide to get her. There isn't enough Egyptian theme doll goodness around.

monkeypizzasonic
23 minutes ago, demonmiko said:

This is pretty much the combo I went with and for a similar theme. XD amber SD16 F-72, Egyptian inspired. She will be a force to be reckoned with. It'll be exciting to see your girl if you decide to get her. There isn't enough Egyptian theme doll goodness around.

I would love to, but it prob wouldn't be for a few years since I have to save up for Japan trip. Would love to see yours though!

• Like 1

lardroom

Well, I decided to go for Alice. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll fly under the radar and so it just default to pre-order?

I don't have a SDGr yet, and she's so pretty I couldn't resist.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

They did update all the pages to indicate that the method switched to lottery. 

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_210801_HTDK18_SD/4518992435893.html

Irulazuli

So who's waiting for next Junichi Nakahara doll release (next year? Would be nice). Another year, another loss for me.

• Like 2

Victoria

I'm getting Alice as my proxy got a winning mail. Super excited. ;-;

Sorry for those who have lost. And congrats to the other winners.

• Like 2

lardroom

Lost Alice...

But I won the Sunflower Yukata.

If only these were reversed...

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Lost Alice, but won one of the Yukata.

Victoria

I hope the Yukatas won't be too hard to get 2nd hand. Would love to get one. ;-;

• Like 1

Irulazuli

I think there was quite a bit of them, or the interest was not as high as Alice and Lorina. I got one too, would have entered for both but - separate shipping.

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

The SD One-Off models for the online store are up!

The Yo-SDs and the one Midi are the only ones not over 1,000 though...

(I actually have my little Alice in the outfit one-off Lorina is wearing, and now I don't feel as bad about keeping her in that and not her limited default outfit.)

Ui-
30 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

The SD One-Off models for the online store are up!

The Yo-SDs and the one Midi are the only ones not over 1,000 though...

(I actually have my little Alice in the outfit one-off Lorina is wearing, and now I don't feel as bad about keeping her in that and not her limited default outfit.)

Jeez. $1300 gone. Right as I’m saving up for Anna and Elsa. I hate Volks. Lol. 

thanks for the link. 

BeyondTime

Volks USA has announced they will be doing a Holiday Greeting One-off Model Lottery Nov 1st to Nov 10th. The website is coming soon. 

monkeypizzasonic
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Volks USA has announced they will be doing a Holiday Greeting One-off Model Lottery Nov 1st to Nov 10th. The website is coming soon. 

Yay, more things I have to resist spending money on because Elsa!

(It's nice that USA people who might not use the Japan Volks site also get one-off models to enter for though. I wonder if they'll have a separate DD lottery as well?)