Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Gunter

Volks Super Dollfies

BeyondTime
33 minutes ago, Monty said:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/sd/special/disney/princess/sdgrariel.html Ariel is very cute! Looks like she comes as a mermaid and the ‘Kiss the Girl’ dress set is separate.

Edit: Just noticed she comes with the fork lol 

She's pre-order and GL members are eligible.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Maybe it’s a mistake but I’m not sure why they bothered to specify GL/VS/VIP, because “To place an order, you must be a VOLKS Points Member, VOLKS Online Customer, GL Member, VS Member, or VIP Member in advance” implies merely being an Volks Online Customer is fine (which is just owning a regular free account)…. and you can’t be a GL member *without* being a Volks online customer anyway.

Either way, whether GL is needed or not she’s not region-locked which is nice.edit: aw man 🫤

Edited by Monty

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that I burst into tears in the middle of work when I saw her images on Twitter lol

Absolutely need her!! I'm a huge Ariel fan (she's second only to Sailor Moon in my life) and I've been anticipating this reveal since the day the Princess collaboration was announced. I never could have imagined she would come out so perfectly! Probably the most beautiful doll I've ever seen lol 

Edited by Mizuumi-no-Otome

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

Not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that I burst into tears in the middle of work when I saw her images on Twitter lol

Absolutely need her!! I'm a huge Ariel fan (she's second only to Sailor Moon in my life) and I've been anticipating this reveal since the day the Princess collaboration was announced. I never could have imagined she would come out so perfectly! Probably the most beautiful doll I've ever seen lol 

Ariel is second only to Belle for me. I hope they do something similar for Belle when they make her. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I was just looking over her product page to see if they added the price, and it looks like they also updated the pre-order information: she will only be available to buyers in Japan.

1585040953_ScreenShot2023-02-17at3_26_02AM.png.4e3f30d9aadc8a825804087e87db92af.png

Well! I'm very annoyed now lol. Hopefully this will be changed, but if not, I hope Volks USA will get her. Otherwise it'll be YJA for me.

Incredibly strange and honestly pretty upsetting that they put such incorrect information on the website for the initial reveal, only to change it entirely about four hours later. 

Monty

I came here to say that! I guess it was a mistake… I should have known Disney being less strict about regional licensing was too good to be true lol

Well, on the plus side she’s still a preorder, which would be easier to proxy than a lottery or clickwar for those that want her.edit: or maybe not if they’re limiting how many one proxy is allowed..

Edited by Monty

Mizuumi-no-Otome
17 minutes ago, Monty said:

I came here to say that! I guess it was a mistake… I should have known Disney being less strict about regional licensing was too good to be true lol

Well, on the plus side she’s still a preorder, which would be easier to proxy than a lottery or clickwar for those that want her.edit: or maybe not if they’re limiting how many one proxy is allowed..

I guess we can try to get her via the Disney Store JP preorder via proxy if there's a proxy limit from Volks directly? I've never tried ordering from them before, but I don't think there would be an issue. 

Honestly still hoping they'll switch it back to an open pre-order but since they had to deliberately go in there and change the information, I'm guessing that won't be happening lol. I have no idea if Volks USA got the non-Frozen Princess dolls so I'm just going to expect to pay proxy and/or YJA fees for now just in case. 

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

I hope Volks USA will get her. Otherwise it'll be YJA for me.

If Volks USA was going to get her there would be a Volks USA link in the "how to get" section. Even if Volks USA isn't ready with their product pages, the placeholder for the link is always there if they're a planned outlet. 

lardroom

Shame. I thought it said Ariel was open to GL, but I guess you have to purchase it in Japan. No international option. Shame.

In other, surprising news, I entered the lottery for VolksUSA for Lady Oscar and won both her AND her dress.

BeyondTime
42 minutes ago, lardroom said:

In other, surprising news, I entered the lottery for VolksUSA for Lady Oscar and won both her AND her dress.

Congrats. Lady Oscar is beautiful, and the dress is amazing. When you iron it, and you will need to, I'd recommend using a cloth between the dress and the iron. The dress will fit a standard SD16 bust in addition to Oscar's S-bust, but it's a very tight fit. 

• Like 1

NewDream

Ariel has blue eyes and the doll has green. Hopefully they correct that and these are prototype images. 

monkeypizzasonic

She's pretty, but thank goodness I don't need her. Anna and Elsa were hard enough to justify. Might get the dress set if they release it on Volks USA at some point I guess. 

(I feel like for the price she should come with both outfits, but Volks is Volks.)

Now I just have to hope Belle doesn't get me either...and they wait a few more years before releasing a Jasmine...

• Like 1

Freyacchi
14 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Volks on the way to ruin our budgets for 2023 😅🤣 
Hard to resist because of the FORK . All jokes aside, i think im safe although shes super cute!

• Haha 1

Too.. many.. cute.. dollfies.. CPR for my wallet please!!

Proffesional Face up artist. Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/freyacchis.workshop/

teensybits
13 hours ago, Monty said:

They are limited to one per person, which will make it even harder to find a proxy.

• Sad 1

Chiakisenpai

I am so sad about this right now, why only Japan Volks?

every proxy I know is already full with trying to get Ariel for others and now I feel absolutely hopeless I’ll be able to get her. There’s no way I’ll be able to pay aftermarket prices either. I guess she’ll just have to be one I admire from afar 

CathyM

We can hope for an Ariel release in the US if she is popular in Japan. But it’s so hard to guess with Volks 

Monty
20 hours ago, Chiakisenpai said:

I am so sad about this right now, why only Japan Volks?

Stuff like this would probably be up to Disney and not Volks, because Disney are notoriously strict with regional licensing. As for the Frozen dolls getting at least the USA, their licensing deal is probably (slightly) different due to Frozen being its own beast (but still with enough licensing red tape to still only be USA/Mexico outside of Japan, and not even Canada.)

So far the other Disney girls have gotten 'rereleased' after their main release, or at least available again via the disney store and even Volks themselves. I don't know if these are true rereleases or just new old stock, but there might be some other opportunity to get Ariel later outside her original release and maybe the proxy limit wont apply then (or will apply anew)

• Thanks 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Disney Store JP will also be getting Ariel around the same time as the Volks International website, so I would keep an eye on that and see if you can order from there with a proxy service! I know the Add to Buyee extension works on ShopDisney JP so you can definitely order things from them via proxy, but I'm not sure if there will be any trouble ordering Ariel specifically as a result of quantity limits on ShopDisney.

Roxanne

Does anyone remember if the conditions of the other Disney princesses were the same as Ariel back when they released originally?

I know Anna and Elsa are currently still in-stock on Volks JP, but I was wondering if their (and Rapunzel and Cinderella's) original release was the same as Ariel's and also only limited to JP customers, with only one per order back then? (I know someone said Anna and Elsa came to US later as well, but since I'm in the EU that doesn't change anything for me sadly.)

Ariel is my second favourite Princess. I always thought she and Belle would never be made because they had those one-off's in the past. Now that they're going to release Ariel I'm really scared for Belle happening one day as well. I always identified with Belle growing up and just the thought she might happen as well is really scary. I would somehow have to move heaven and earth to get her if she happened. I also really want Ariel but it looks like the red of her lips melted into her teeth somehow, which does bother me a little. And of course the wrong color eyes, but that part is nothing that can't be changed out.

My instagram! 

Victoria
On 2/23/2023 at 11:21 AM, Roxanne said:

Ariel is my second favourite Princess. I always thought she and Belle would never be made because they had those one-off's in the past.

So far they have only released Disney princesses which were also one-offs years ago. Rapunzel, Cinderella…now Ariel.

I‘m expecting Belle next. 🥰 Fingers crossed that they will also do Snow White in the future.

Roxanne
5 hours ago, Victoria said:

So far they have only released Disney princesses which were also one-offs years ago. Rapunzel, Cinderella…now Ariel.

I guess it's obvious I do not know much about the resin side of the hobby 😅 I'm really only familiar with the vinyl side of it. But I just love Disney Princesses so much so I'm hoping to add one to my family one day. (There are some others I really want too but they are either too expensive nowadays, too hard to get or a mixture of both.)

My instagram! 

teensybits
19 hours ago, Victoria said:

I‘m expecting Belle next. 🥰 Fingers crossed that they will also do Snow White in the future.

Did they release the sisters from Frozen as one-offs? 
They released them fairly recently as limiteds in big and DearSD size.

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, teensybits said:

Did they release the sisters from Frozen as one-offs? 
They released them fairly recently as limiteds in big and DearSD size.

Don't think so, but afaik the Frozen release wasn't a part of Disney Princess. 

• Thanks 1

monkeypizzasonic

Also I'm pretty sure the one-offs happened before Frozen even came out.

Victoria
9 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Don't think so, but afaik the Frozen release wasn't a part of Disney Princess. 

yeah, Frozen is a different line. I suppose a different contract is also the reason why Frozen was not restricted to Japan only unlike the first three disney princesses… I don‘t think this will change for the upcoming ones