Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Gunter

Volks Super Dollfies

monkeypizzasonic

Me: "Oh good, I'm not tempted by any of the Best Selection dolls this year. If they had a Renee I might have been in trouble lol..."

Volks USA: *Has One-Off Renee*

Me: "...haha I'm in trouble..."

• Haha 2

BeyondTime
22 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Me: "...haha I'm in trouble..."

I get tempted by every Belldandy one-off, and I already have a Bell. At some point I might get a second in order to make adult form Skuld, but that will not be a one-off; no way would I destroy a unique doll to make a custom.

I really think Frozen may be close, but we have almost no way of knowing what’s going to happen with those dolls and what the terms of the release are. Has Volks ever released 4 dolls from one franchise at once? They aren’t like anime / game / manga releases with niche popularity either; Frozen is a global phenomena more akin to Star Wars or The Beatles. I don’t think even Hatsune Miku comes close to touching the popularity of Anna and Elsa.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic

Yeah Frozen is what keeps stopping me from all the other big Volks purchases...I don't want to enter for an of the one-offs or d'coords even though there are ones I've been wanting to get because of that.

I'm thinking since the latest teaser was all Elsa-related she'll be released first? I feel like it'd be better for Volks to not release them all at once because then people would be able to afford buying all of them.

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I'm thinking since the latest teaser was all Elsa-related she'll be released first? I feel like it'd be better for Volks to not release them all at once because then people would be able to afford buying all of them.

I’d expect Chibi-Elsa and Chibi-Anna first since they seemed to be fairly well along in the early announcement, and the kid versions were introduced first in the films. Plus the adult versions will probably be the bigger draw, so they will likely be the last reveal. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

A surprise drop of Sapphire (Princess Knight/Ribon no Kishi) today, even though Volks News is (I think?) not out until the 8th of November. She is currently on display at the Osamu Tezuka museum. I really like how she turned out, that outfit looks great with an SD.

Edit: they are planning a special advance preorder of her limited to the exhibit at the Tezuka museum, more details to come later. ‘Special advance preorder’ implies a ‘regular’ sale later (online too I hope?)but I doubt the second will also be preorder.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 3

Bellatrix

When I saw Sapphire this morning, I realised how much I need her in my life ahah

Jokes aside, she looks stunning, and brings back a nice piece of my childhood.

I am expecting a lethal price tag for her, but judging from the face and the overall feel, she seems really worth it.

I mean, please...

nar1029_09.jpg

Edited by Bellatrix
  • Like 2

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Irulazuli

She's very cute! But I admit, I was thinking she was some existing Volks mold at first - she is very similar to some of their earlier releases.

Good luck to people who try for her.

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, Monty said:

A surprise drop of Sapphire (Princess Knight/Ribon no Kishi) today

She looks like an SDGr with a smaller bust, although I suppose it could just be the outfit design.

BeyondTime
54 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

I just wanna know where that horse came from. 😋

IIRC they had something similar for the Oscar / Andre release at the Dolpa.

The benefits of being your own manufacturing company is my guess, but they might also have contacts at a business that makes model horses; I'm 100% sure that's a thing.

Monty

I think the horse with Oscar’s display (I think it’s the same horse?)was sculpted by Enku himself (who also may have sculpted Oscar and Andre, not sure about Sapphire.). I’m so curious about it. I wonder how much it weighs.

Anyway, there’s a closeup of her now. She looks smilier like this.

Edited by Monty

apag22

Seriously considering entering for either Suiseiseki or Victorique! They are both so beautiful and I love their doe-eyes...

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

lardroom

I entered for Suigintou, because why not? Not a huge hope or chance of winning her anyway and I don't have to put in a downpayment.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Sapphire is an SDGr S chest, which is new. It also looks like Sapphire may not be available outside of Japan. The only sales venues are the special event, and Tenshi-no-Sato.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/sd/special/princess_knight/sdgrsapphire.html

Elagabalus

I thought SDGr S busts were previously not common, but not too difficult to get? Lucia just had one, and before that it was Yu Morisawa.

Sapphire's release looks like it's going to be a complete nightmare, I'm really glad I don't feel any attachment to her like I was fearing I would.

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Elagabalus said:

I thought SDGr S busts were previously not common, but not too difficult to get?

I stand corrected then.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, lardroom said:

Belldandy one-off get!

Congrats, Bell is a great sculpt.

seraphicdolls

@lardroom Belldandy is amazing! She was my favorite this year - and well, every year and every time hehe! I have one Belldandy but I always enter for her because she is just my absolute favorite Volks sculpt ever. 😍 And this year's was no exception! Her make-up was by Yui and I just love how she paints very bright and pronounced lips. The white underneath her eyes and the pink eyeshadow is just stunning. Is Belldandy one of your favorite sculpts as well? She has such an animetic style too - so definitely a little DD esque! 

lardroom

Finally got my shipping notice for Belldandy. Sure took a while, but she's finally coming.

• Like 1

seraphicdolls
On 12/29/2021 at 10:27 PM, lardroom said:

Finally got my shipping notice for Belldandy. Sure took a while, but she's finally coming.

Wow!! It is totally worth the wait though. I think the shipping time is normal for USA one-offs. I remember the same time frame posted for the last several years - must have to do with how they are prepared from Japan I think. Belldandy is the best! It took me many, many attempts to find a Belldandy for my sister. Volks only recently started doing more one-offs of her, so I am over the moon happy to see more of this sculpt around. She really has a DD style to her. 😍

lardroom

Interesting. Belldandy comes Christmas gift wrapped from Volks. pleasantly surprised.

20220105_191024.jpg

Okay. Swiped some quick pictures. Kira was already in the suit and I thought this is perfect.

20220105_205937.jpg

Edited by lardroom
  • Like 11

seraphicdolls

@lardroom OMG!! Both your girls are fabulous! The Christmas gift wrapping was such a sweet touch.

Belldandy is a goddess! That outfit is super pretty. How do you like Belldandy? I love how Yui painted her this year! 

lardroom
3 hours ago, seraphicdolls said:

@lardroom OMG!! Both your girls are fabulous! The Christmas gift wrapping was such a sweet touch.

Belldandy is a goddess! That outfit is super pretty. How do you like Belldandy? I love how Yui painted her this year! 

These resin dolls look more impressive in person than in pictures. Especially since I only had a camera phone and crap lighting. I haven't been taking a lot of pictures, so my photos are just garbage right now. Glass eyes are incredibly hard to photograph without catch lights and without making very harsh lighting (I should have used a reflector). I just like staring at their features sometimes and remarking how pretty they are.

This is my first SDGr and her body is so much better and more poseable than SD16. I'm so impressed. I feel like she can make really subtle poses not available to SD16.

seraphicdolls
1 hour ago, lardroom said:

These resin dolls look more impressive in person than in pictures. Especially since I only had a camera phone and crap lighting. I haven't been taking a lot of pictures, so my photos are just garbage right now. Glass eyes are incredibly hard to photograph without catch lights and without making very harsh lighting (I should have used a reflector). I just like staring at their features sometimes and remarking how pretty they are.

This is my first SDGr and her body is so much better and more poseable than SD16. I'm so impressed. I feel like she can make really subtle poses not available to SD16.

Not at all! Your photos are wonderful. My doll room has a small LED lamp so I understand how tricky lighting can be. I love how both dolls are dressed. Ready for a night out! Both the SD16 and SDGr bodies are very feminine. The SDGr definitely offers more poses, while I feel like the SD16 body has more stability. The silhouette of the SDGr body is beautiful. The only thing I wish is that the neck and torso joint were less mobile. But it definitely offers more posing options, especially for tilting the head up and down to get different angles. 

These two girls are absolutely amazing! Belldandy is a gentle, stunning maiden and Kira looks so fierce and mature. Wow!