Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Gunter

Volks Super Dollfies

NewDream
8 minutes ago, Victoria said:

yeah, Frozen is a different line. I suppose a different contract is also the reason why Frozen was not restricted to Japan only unlike the first three disney princesses… I don‘t think this will change for the upcoming ones

Does that mean Ariel will never be released on the US site?  

Victoria
On 3/2/2023 at 6:15 PM, NewDream said:

Does that mean Ariel will never be released on the US site?  

You never know, but I would not expect it. I think it is rather unlikely….

NewDream

Rapunzel never did but I was able to get her from the Disney Japan site using Tenso as a proxy. Everything went smoothly but it would have been nice if she has been on the US site. 

katnaper

Oscar is coming!!!! 

Whew. Just wanted to post that out there ☺️

• Like 4

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Monty

I'm at 5 SDs now with the addition of the newly released SDM Oliver. He's super cute and I love the new goat ear parts. His faceup is really gorgeous and I also really, really love the white eyelashes.

Fueu6CPaIAEGO2l?format=jpg&name=large

His wig was a huge pain to style, though...but I really like how it looks on him.
After getting my 75 FCS and Kaito arriving in another month or so I didn't want to get any other dolls this year but...he's small so I could justify it 8')

Edited by Monty
  • Like 4

Collie

Oooh, he's so adorable! That's one of the very very few dolls that I'd actually keep as a fullset and wouldn't change a thing - I just love his whole getup and the fairy tale is my fav. Does he happen to have human ears as well? 

I'm actually thinking of entering the lottery for him...

Monty
2 hours ago, Collie said:

Oooh, he's so adorable! That's one of the very very few dolls that I'd actually keep as a fullset and wouldn't change a thing - I just love his whole getup and the fairy tale is my fav. Does he happen to have human ears as well? 

I'm actually thinking of entering the lottery for him...

He does! Here’s a pic I found where you can see them and also the details of his faceup. It’s gotta be one of my fave Volks faceups I think.

Good luck if you enter! He’s definitely worth it imo. Here’s some other owner pics I’ve found of him in different eyes/wigs.

• Thanks 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Sadly did not manage to get Ariel via proxy! Honestly a little frustrated about it as they required me to fully pay for her a month in advance, which has really killed my finances and I've been struggling for most of April as a result, but I still ended up at the bottom of the list since I did a payment plan and didn't finish it until the end of March. I would have been better off getting her myself from YJA after Dolpa, even if I had to pay an extra 400$ I still would have been in a better place financially with that extra month to save. And now her price is getting higher and higher, and the Kiss The Girl outfit is going to be a clickwar instead of pre-order on Volks Int. 

I really didn't want to pre-order her because I'm impatient, but at this point I'll probably have to since she'll probably be in the 2k range before I have the extra funds to get her on YJA lol. 

If anyone sees her for sale (with the outfit) for less than 1600$ please lmk! 

BeyondTime
11 hours ago, Monty said:

He does! Here’s a pic I found where you can see them and also the details of his faceup. It’s gotta be one of my fave Volks faceups I think.

Volks keeps getting better and better at face-ups imo. Of course, you expect that from artists as they refine their skills and hopefully Volks retains their artists long term. 

4 hours ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

I really didn't want to pre-order her because I'm impatient

Don't know if this helps, but I went through Sophie Bear to get mine. She got me the dress, and the Ariel & Belle shoes too. I'm already on her list for Belle and she's not even announced yet. XD.

Belle is like my one must have Disney Princess. 

Ariel should be in my hands next week along with a 1/3 scale PSG-1 rifle Sophie got for me off of Booth. I could have done Buyee with Booth, but they seem to have issues with toy guns, even 1/3, and I didn't even want to mess with their customer service on that. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mizuumi-no-Otome
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Don't know if this helps, but I went through Sophie Bear to get mine. She got me the dress, and the Ariel & Belle shoes too. I'm already on her list for Belle and she's not even announced yet. XD.

Thank you! I'm quite certain she's sold out by now (and my proxy still has my funds while they search for a secondary market seller with a lower price) but I will send them a message and see if they know of anyone with an extra! Otherwise I'll likely see if I can find one for a markup, or pre-order the doll at retail and get the outfit on YJA since the dress itself isn't too high.

Is it the Sophie Bear that does Dream Choice proxy sales?

It's my fault I guess, I probably should have asked if doing a payment plan would drop me down on the priority list but I figured it would be on a first-to-ask/pay deposit basis, turns out that wasn't the case! 

Congrats on your Ariel! Looking forward to seeing more IRL photos of her. 

Edited by Mizuumi-no-Otome

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

Is it the Sophie Bear that does Dream Choice proxy sales?

Yes, she does all kinds of proxy.  

5 minutes ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

Congrats on your Ariel! Looking forward to seeing more IRL photos of her.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to seeing her in person. She'll be SD #6, and resin #10.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Fluffybuns

I had to go through so many proxy services to find one that could order Ariel for me, since most have already reached their capacity, but I managed to find one. Now I just need to get the kiss the girl outfit, but if it’s a click war I’m not sure how I’ll get it, since I do not know of any proxies that have space that could buy it in time. Any suggestions? Same with the Ariel jewel pumps?

BeyondTime

She is here. Her wig is heavy and wouldn't stay in place without wig stopper, and her hands were in a bag taped to the wig bag.

52866706313_5df0fee230_k.jpgAriel - Little Mermaid-6180-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52866706213_bea1392db2_h.jpgAriel - Little Mermaid-6179-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 10

ateliermiel

I collect mainly volks SDs- I'm currently waiting on Oliver! Super excited to see him once he's out of shipping limbo. His faceup pictures I've seen around are absolutely gorgeous!

I personally own a YoTenshi Yuki and YoSD Mel currently- I used to own a Volks Creamy Mami, but sold her due to being sort of overwhelmed with the SDGr size... I regret it now (especially with the Dear SD bodies being released a while back) so I hope to track down her or Yu Morisawa's head eventually.

BeyondTime, your pics of Ariel are lovely!

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime

I woke up today and she said "Goodbye fishtail, hello Oakland Coliseum."

52870655482_df189ac99f_k.jpgAriel - Ariel Unplugged-6209-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52871236136_d24ed19e07_k.jpgAriel - Ariel Unplugged-6205.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 7

BeyondTime

For those who managed to snag Ariel, the PS Pinkish Fair hand and leg parts are still available for order though Volks Japan.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_SD.html?select_category_button=D_SD&search_type=header_button

StartPlanting

Ariel is so pretty. Recently I’m really interested in SD. Is anyone considering the pre-order for the new yoSD? I think Luna is really cute with her funny little mouth. She just makes me want to smile. 

Rajke
On 5/5/2023 at 4:37 AM, BeyondTime said:

I woke up today and she said "Goodbye fishtail, hello Oakland Coliseum."

52870655482_df189ac99f_k.jpgAriel - Ariel Unplugged-6209-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52871236136_d24ed19e07_k.jpgAriel - Ariel Unplugged-6205.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

She’s gorgeous, with and without tail. Getting SD’s from Volks online shop is always a pain. Definitely one girl I want to buy when she’s for sale.

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Orpheus

I ordered a SDGr Mytyl off of Mandarake a couple of days ago. She’s gonna be my first resin girl so I’m really excited for her to arrive. I have one question, what wig size fits her best? I would like to order an alternate one for her.

• Like 2

Misuka

9-10 generic should work, but Volks' SD/SDgr dolls can range anywhere in the 9-10 sizing, so you really can't tell till they get there. I find 9 is usually perfect, 10 is usually a little large (but possible with a silicone wig cap) and most DD wigs fit, except for the smaller range falling into 8-9, those are usually way too small.

Xiongmao
On 9/7/2023 at 10:26 PM, Orpheus said:

I ordered a SDGr Mytyl off of Mandarake a couple of days ago. She’s gonna be my first resin girl so I’m really excited for her to arrive. I have one question, what wig size fits her best? I would like to order an alternate one for her.

Well done - I didn't win her in the original lottery but I bagged her on Mandarake back in January. Her cape + birdcage set do appear sometimes. I have them but really wish I had a 1:3 scale bird too.

If you're used to vinyl dolls then be aware Mytyl is a bit floppy around the waist so make sure she doesn't crack her head open when you dress her up. Also I was a resin noob and found out wigs don't sit nicely on resin heads like they do on vinyl. I bought Mytyl a Volks silicone wig thing but haven't put it on her yet. Of course the beauty of her outfit is it comes with a bonnet so it keeps her wig on 😚.

I really want to dress Mytyl up as Miku sometime. Mytyl's outfit looks very nice on DD (especially DDdy).

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime

Holy $#!+, I won Sapphire through Volks USA. @onion30@

Now I have to pray I lose the Japan lottery for her. XD

I could always resell her if I win two, but I'd much rather someone else who really wants her gets her first hand from Volks.

• Like 10

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, milkytea said:

That's so exciting! Congratulations on your Sapphire! 😄 ♥

I am seriously stoked. I was sad when I lost Alice (Lorina II), but I was way more sad when I lost Sapphire in the first lottery, she's one of the cutest SD they have ever made. I'm really grateful to Volks USA for getting her this time. I think they have to negotiate all of these special releases with the home office, and I don't think the home office goes easy of the Volks USA president, even though he's family. XD. 

• Like 3

Paprika
On 9/15/2023 at 6:05 PM, BeyondTime said:

Holy $#!+, I won Sapphire through Volks USA. @onion30@

Now I have to pray I lose the Japan lottery for her. XD

I could always resell her if I win two, but I'd much rather someone else who really wants her gets her first hand from Volks.

Congrats! I’m so jelly. She’s my grail, and I entered for her (and lost). If you happen to win another one, can you sell her to me?