Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

Meowjima

I held off on Anthy and Utena for the next round of ICONs.  Kind of odd they haven't been teased yet.

Miabird24
On 6/8/2022 at 10:41 PM, Meowjima said:

I held off on Anthy and Utena for the next round of ICONs.  Kind of odd they haven't been teased yet.

IKR! I'm absolutely dying to see if they upgraded the bodies and joint colors

marishade

Still no news on Icons this summer, strange.

Lynn
7 hours ago, marishade said:

Still no news on Icons this summer, strange.

I'm afraid it's not that strange at all. DDIII thigs for example have been Sold out / Awaiting Restock for ages in the international site. I just checked VolksUSA and their site doesn't even have a listing for them. I guess DDIII thigs have been sold out there for a long time too? (As a European, I visit their site very rarely, since it practically doesn't exist to me.) All in all, there isn't much old frame parts left in the international site, and even less so in the VolksUSA. I believe Volks simply doesn't have enough old frame parts left to work with. 

They could upgrade the joints to the new frame though. I don't know how believable that is, if the whole idea of Icons was to get rid of the old frame parts? (To be honest with you, I find this concept a little dubious. Did Volks really have such a huge stock of old frame parts - but not vinyl parts? Or are vinyl parts more easily re-used than the frame parts?)

However, I don't believe they ever match the joints to the Icons skin tone. Volks stated that pretty clearly at the very beginning, saying that the joints were mismatched because they were to emphazise the fact that these dolls were jointed. (Stupid reason if you ask me, they could have just said honestly that it was too much money and time and effort to make four matching frame colours simultaneously. One extra colour at the time works just fine, as we have seen with Anthy. So... Sorry to say this, but Anthy might have been this years "Icon". I hope I'm wrong. I passed Anthy, but if they ever make Mint or Petal with matching joints, I'm going to catch either of them no matter what.)

marishade

I did not think about it like that, I guess sometimes I forget my Icons are on the DDIII frame, so them running out of those parts would definately mean that they would not have another round of dolls using that frame. I guess we will see what happens going forward.

I have two Icons so I was planning to enter the lottery anyway, but seeing if they had the same face ups as last year or something different was interesting to me.

While I do not mind the mismatched joints, seeing these colors on an F^3 body with matching joints would be awesome.

Lostella

Omg they did release new Icons aaaaaaaaaa💖💖💖💖💖 

marishade

I cannot believe it! The new faces, ohmygoodness!

lmnprty

I'm obsessed with Aisha, I'll definitely be entering for her. The new sculpts are so pretty, and I love how they've styled all the Icons in the photos. 

Lynn
15 minutes ago, Lostella said:

Omg they did release new Icons aaaaaaaaaa💖💖💖💖💖 

And they are really cool looking too! These are THE BEST LOOKING of all of them! And not the least because - THEY HAVE THE MATCHING JOINTS! \o/ (I was right, Volks ran out of old frame parts. So they upgraded them to the new frame!) Nikki is really cute, she is my favourite of these new Icons! 💓

finnleo
22 minutes ago, Lynn said:

Volks ran out of old frame parts. So they upgraded them to the new frame

The following is my own view on the project, so take it with a grain of salt.

I see Icon as the red headed cousin in the Volks lineup, never really being a full factory effort. Reason behind this thought was already rooted to the DD3 frame already being phased out when Icon was getting its first release, and the DD3 was already well discontinued when the second batch of Icons came about when the japanese market more or less demanded some for them too.

For instance going with just one color inner frame was most likely a cost cutting excercise, but they spun a story to make it special ... sort of like they originally did with the Dollfie Dream line in the first place where the story went that the plastic was some special moon power infused stuff.

There really was nothing stopping Volks to just reprint a new batch of DD3 frame bits.

But now with color matching, and new heads to boot ... maybe they finally realized it was worth a full effort... or maybe they just wanted to poke fun again at a certain other doll manufacturer.

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Oh this timing is just perfect, my birthday is in September so I can justify getting one lol. 

I really REALLY wan Lilac but Aisha is absolutely stunning. I know the odds are usually slim for ICON as it is and I'm guessing they'll be even lower now that the frame matches their skintones- maybe I'll have to try and have a friend enter for me as well just in case. 

• Haha 1

Chiakisenpai

I was really looking forward to another Serra but with the pink lip look instead. 

Terra looks really amazing, especially the one with half closed eyelids on the website. 
  Other than her though I’m not into any of the new ones:(

monkeypizzasonic

Love the new sculpt and that they're upgrading the joints, but my money is spent from Frozen. If they have Aisha next year I'm definitely trying for her tho - tawny skin + realistic sculpt + happy/relaxed expression = yes plz!

(Wonder if they'll sell new colored frame parts as options for people who own older Icons and want to upgrade. Also this might mean more Icons on the market if people sell the older mismatched ones to get new ones.)

• Like 1

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

(Wonder if they'll sell new colored frame parts as options for people who own older Icons and want to upgrade. Also this might mean more Icons on the market if people sell the older mismatched ones to get new ones.)

DDIII and f3 aren't completely compatible as far as the vinyl parts go. 

Though I love Aisha, I think it's Terra and Nikki for me. I really like Nikki a lot. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

moerunamida

I was just about to sell my 21' Icon, Serra. Anyone have a guess as to what I should ask for her now that Icons are being released on the new frame? New girls are pretty

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

ebil

Yessss, they look great!

I find that the new faces really, really remind me of Obitsu Gretel. Which is a good thing, Gretel is imho one of the most beautiful vinyl sculpts of all time and a chronically underrated doll, as well as the work of Rainman, one of my favorite doll sculptors ever. The resemblance is in the way the lower half of their face comes forward a bit, combined with the full, round cheeks and shapely lips. Will have to try for Nikki or Aisha.

• Like 1

SweetTeethz

I’m so excited I can’t wait to get Lilac and mint but I’m definitely hunting down the old girls too lol

bahboh

the faces have always been lovely, but matching joints finally makes it worth my consideration now. i wonder how high the winning % will be for the lottery...

• Like 1

SweetTeethz
28 minutes ago, bahboh said:

the faces have always been lovely, but matching joints finally makes it worth my consideration now. i wonder how high the winning % will be for the lottery...

I feel like it’s definitely lower now that the joints are matching but I’m hoping with all my might

Project

I really don't need another one but I'd love to get lilac, entered for her the last two years so may as well try again.  It would be nice if you could get the wigs separately I love the pink one I got two years ago.

pyoko

I hope there will be a possibility to get them outside of the USA, I love Clover.

Even if I would find someone in the USA willing to try the lottery for me it would be extremely expensive thanks to the terrible exchange rate to Euro and the high shipping cost from US :(

I think in the last years the Icons did have some kind if release in Japan too? 

Lynn
34 minutes ago, pyoko said:

I think in the last years the Icons did have some kind if release in Japan too? 

Once, I believe? During the worst pandemic restrictions, if I remember correctly. I hope that wasn't a one time oddity because of the Covid-19 restrictions, and they offer Icons with the matching joints also to the international site.

Edit: However, I do hope they would not be restricted to Japan only. Proxys are a no-go for me. With 24 % VAT I'm not taking any kind of extra fees with my doll purchases. They are expensive enough as they are. 😅

Edited by Lynn

Lostella

Were the other Icons available for Europe as well at some point? This is my first time being up to date with this line haha😅

pyoko
9 hours ago, Lynn said:

Once, I believe? During the worst pandemic restrictions, if I remember correctly. I hope that wasn't a one time oddity because of the Covid-19 restrictions, and they offer Icons with the matching joints also to the international site.

Edit: However, I do hope they would not be restricted to Japan only. Proxys are a no-go for me. With 24 % VAT I'm not taking any kind of extra fees with my doll purchases. They are expensive enough as they are. 😅

Are you in the EU too? 

I believe that thanks to the terrible rate from USD to Euro ordering them from USA (if you find someone to help you) will be more expensive than getting it with proxy from Japan. The Yen rate is very good atm. 

I do not have much hope for the Icons beeing international available but let's hope. 

Edited by pyoko