Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Victoria

DDS Sailor Venus

Tokimemofan

Looks like my wallet isn't safe after all lol

Ylse

She is very pretty and think the sculpt captures her very well. But with Jupiter I just instantly fell in love (after which I binge watched the first season because I had never watched it and I fell in love with Mako-chan in the series too >.< 😂). I don't really feel the same about her, allthough I do think her sculpt is quite good! 

I will be waiting for user photo's of both new dolls since I do think Kizuna is adorable. And we all kind of know by now that most of the time Volks photo's don't do the dolls justice. Jupiter in real life is just gorgeous so I am very curious of other photo's when they will be displayed at Dollpoint 😄

Juxtaposition

Yes! She's finally revealed! I hope she'll eventually make her way to Volks USA and won't be too hard to get.

kranberrijam
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

They may have tried some variations, but discovered orange worked best with her outfits.

To my eye, the eyebrows look great with her wig and the rest of the outfit. It may clash with other wigs, but that's ANY doll with non-neutral eyebrows. I do love that her and Moon's wigs are the correct different shades of blonde.

My one big disappointment? No Sailor V outfit in sight.

• Like 1

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

BeyondTime
45 minutes ago, kranberrijam said:

My one big disappointment? No Sailor V outfit in sight.

Yeah, that is a shame. I'll grant you that her mask would have been hard, and maybe it just wasn't worth it in this case.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

solebria

I didn't expect for her to be released so fast! She is super cute, I just wish her smile was a little bit more pronounced (like Kizuna Ai's smile) but I guess she was meant to match the elegant/charming look all the other girls had. Hoping that ordering her and her uniform will be easy like getting Jupiter since I have terrible luck/time with clickwars... 😭

Also, am I the only one thinking that Venus might be a possible reason why VolksUSA didn't have Jupiter for Dolls Party 43 online event? I just find it odd that they were able to get the other girls but Jupiter and while they said she was not available for the online event, they didn't officially mention not able to get the license for her release. Maybe her license didn't get cleared as fast for the event or they possibly held off to have both as a online lottery event? ..idk I just keep finding it peculiar!

Edited by solebria

Tokimemofan
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Yeah, that is a shame. I'll grant you that her mask would have been hard, and maybe it just wasn't worth it in this case.

Could also just be they didn’t want too many things at once, Sailor Moon didn’t get the school uniform until Mars and Mercury were released

Cinnamoron

Welp!  I’m doomed! Minako turned out so classy and beautiful; I’m hoping like everyone else that there’s no click war.  I still haven’t recovered from the stress and disaster that was Nagoya 7 Dolpa.  😭

Sad that there’s no V outfit, but I think Dollremi had made one at some point.  Might ask for a restock if I manage to bring her home.

Edited by Cinnamoron
spelling orz

Singer Yuna
13 hours ago, solebria said:

they didn't officially mention not able to get the license for her release. Maybe her license didn't get cleared as fast for the event or they possibly held off to have both as a online lottery event?

They would make tons of USA people happy if they were holding Makoto for pairing with Minako

(not to their wallets tough)

I admire people who are collecting all sailor senshi because they’re stunning together, but if saving money for one DD is hard, the whole milky way, Serenity, Mamoru and Chibiusa is a big ordeal. I hope Volks keep Sailor Moon dolls coming for the 30th anniversary.

• Like 1

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

dark_dollies

She's super cute! Probably my second favorite sculpt in the series now after Mercury (they do have similar features, which I like). Very tempting, right now I think I'm safe (that could always change lol).

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, dark_dollies said:

they do have similar features, which I like

I happen to like mercury the most as well, but I do think the group photo shows a bit too much same-face between Mercury, Moon, and Venus. She's cute and she's coming home no matter what, but I do want to see photos from the store display before I can really judge how much alike she is to the other two.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my God! Venus already? IN ONE MONTH?!?!? I love her face. It's really cute but... I hate orange eyebrows on Dollfies. This is so on some DD Standard Heads. It's just weird. I love the orange on her fuku though. It's peachy orange which is my favorite orange. 

I feel like the dolls are closer to Crystal and not the 90s anime. 

ALSO! I really hope they make DD Sailor Uranus, DDS Sailor Neptune, DDP Sailor Saturn and DD Sailor Pluto. 

AND! DD Boy Type Jadeite, Nephrite, Kunzite and DDS Boy Type Zoisite

AND AND! DD Boy Type Tuxedo Mask, MDD Mochi Ashi Chibi Moon! 

AND MAYBE A PRINCESS / QUEEN SERENITY COSTUME FOR USAGI!!!!

THAT ALL WOULD BE COOL!!!!

I wonder if Naoko Takeuchi likes or HAS these Dollfies.

Does anyone think these Dolls are closer to Crystal or something?

Also now I am more sad. I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THE SAILOR MOON DOLLFIES!! I NEED THEM ALL!!!

dark_dollies
41 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I do want to see photos from the store display before I can really judge how much alike she is to the other two.

Yes looking forward to more photos beyond the beautiful Volks promo ones, agree that those three are very similar. On a somewhat related note, I'm still searching for more photos of Sakura Amamiya also! She looks different in the few photos I've seen depending on the light. I imagine that will be the case with Venus. 

Mizuumi-no-Otome
36 minutes ago, DollfieSparkles2007 said:

They're definitely modeled after the 90's anime designs, I think the eyes are the only part that could somewhat resemble Crystal but I'm guessing it was more a creative decision than an attempt to make them look like Crystal/Manga 

Yeah, It was the eyes that made me think they were Crystal

solebria
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I happen to like mercury the most as well, but I do think the group photo shows a bit too much same-face between Mercury, Moon, and Venus. She's cute and she's coming home no matter what, but I do want to see photos from the store display before I can really judge how much alike she is to the other two.

When I was looking for owner photos of Jupiter (before I received mine) there was an owner of both Jupiter and Moon that posted pictures of both sculpts side by side which showed a very similar head mold between the two... so after that picture and now looking at Venus, I feel that Moon and Jupiter share a similar head sculpt while Mercury and Venus share a similar head sculpt. Which, in my opinion, I don't mind because they are technically from the same series.

Elia

I was secretly hoping Venus would be next years release or at least no sooner than December but I'm happy to see her join the other scouts regardless! I love her sweet smile.

1 hour ago, DollfieSparkles2007 said:

I get manga feeling mostly from the eyes. Perhaps the sculpt is a mix of both? I haven't seen 90's anime in a long time but I always thought there is something manga-like in those sculpts.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, solebria said:

I don't mind because they are technically from the same series.

Overall I don't think that is uncommon, characters from the same series often have similar artistic styles.

2 hours ago, DollfieSparkles2007 said:

I think they look like the original anime characters, but with smaller eyes. The faces are really different from Crystal to me.

Selenae

@DollfieSparkles2007 Mmmm, I wouldn't say that the designs are close to Crystal, because as Crystal has progressed, the style has morphed from trying to copy the manga into resembling an almost carbon-copy of the 90's version, and this is painfully apparent in the trailers for the first SuperS movie debuting in September.

If anything, I would say the Dollfies mix the 90's anime outfits with the manga's faces, which I find interesting. They aren't clearly one version or the other, but both, with each character being clearly distinct in eye shape.

Edited by Selenae

Monty

To those worried about affording her so soon after Jupiter: while this might not help everyone, you do have at least two months. August Dolpa this year is August 30th, so the online after event will likely be mid September at the earliest. (As with all big events right now there is of course the possibility that this Dolpa ends up cancelled as well, but the online version might be later than august 30 anyway).

I don’t think USA would get her if they didn’t get Jupiter only because I’m still convinced this was a decision of Bandai’s (or Toei, or whoever it is that makes these weird decisions on Sailor Moon stuff all the time) rather than something actually in Volks’ control. Even without being a big Sailor Moon fan I’m well aware of how stingy they are with their licenses and tbh I’m still surprised the dolls exist at all because of it lol. If it’s true though the real question is why it only became an issue now, I guess something somewhere changed but I’m not about to try to make sense of Bandai.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

InariPassenger

I saw her today at Akihabara. She is so beautiful!

spacer.png

• Like 6

kranberrijam
4 hours ago, InariPassenger said:

I saw her today at Akihabara. She is so beautiful!

I AM DYING, OHMYGODS.

How did her wig look to you? From the photos it appears like part of it is pulled into a ponytail for the bow to clip to. Can you confirm that?

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg