Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Victoria

DDS Sailor Venus

lardroom

Good luck with Venus everyone. I'm going to forgoe this lottery.

• Thanks 1

Galvatim

Got my entry in for Venus.  

MissLadyBossy

Wow, I was surprised to see my GL membership was updated on my account.  I ordered Venus right away.  Now for the long wait.  I hope we all get her!

Home: Alter (Anya), Sakuya (Layla), Extra (Sasha), Aoko (Nadia), Beatrice (Sophia), Alice (Elyse), Mariko (Madeline), Sailor Moon (Serena), Mercury (Ami), Mars (Rei), Jupiter (Lita), Venus (Mina), Transcendence Gray (Lexa) and Tea (Sloane)

kranberrijam

Entered for both doll and outfit. Now to wait for a few weeks sick with worry. >.> Please come home to me, my Goddess of Love!!

• Like 1

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

solebria

Got my GL membership cleared hours before the lottery started but I went ahead and just recently put my entry for both the outfit and for Venus. The anticipation and wait will be long but all I hope is that I win!  

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I just got a Volks USA email about their after-event and Venus isn't on the header, so I don't think Volks USA will be getting her sadly :( I did enter the lottery for Venus on the Japan site, but was hoping I would have a chance on the US site if I lose. 

milkytea

Since they didn't have Jupiter, I don't expect them to have Venus. Nothing has substantially changed with that license in such a short window.

BeyondTime
20 hours ago, Serena-Hime said:

I just got a Volks USA email about their after-event and Venus isn't on the header, so I don't think Volks USA will be getting her sadly :(

I guess the upside is more dolls should be available in the Japan event.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Victoria

Tbh, I'm expecting that there will be even leftovers which will be available in the shop some time after lottery, so I wouldn't really expect to loose the lottery at all. If I remember it correctly, all past Sailor Moon releases were sold in a very good quantitiy with leftovers. 

Still thinking of entering, but these eyebrows are holding me back. ;-; I'm expecting that very little percentage of colours will suit her unless the wig covers her eyebrows completely.

I wish we could see more "real" pictures of her, also with a different wig. I remember that, back then for a few releases, Volks showed a few pics in different outfits and wigs before a lottery period had ended. That was pretty cool!

BeyondTime
11 hours ago, Victoria said:

Tbh, I'm expecting that there will be even leftovers which will be available in the shop some time after lottery, so I wouldn't really expect to loose the lottery at all.

Their newsletter even refers to it as follows: 

[First week] New Dollfie.
Quantity limitation reservation is to 12:00 on Monday, August 17!

Not quite sure if quantity limit reservation is just a term for "lottery", but it almost sounds more like reservations up to a certain limit, and that might mean if the limit isn't exceeded then there is no lottery. That might explain why the order page shows her as "preparing for shipping" even though the lottery period isn't over.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

hats
58 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Their newsletter even refers to it as follows: 

[First week] New Dollfie.
Quantity limitation reservation is to 12:00 on Monday, August 17!

Not quite sure if quantity limit reservation is just a term for "lottery", but it almost sounds more like reservations up to a certain limit, and that might mean if the limit isn't exceeded then there is no lottery. That might explain why the order page shows her as "preparing for shipping" even though the lottery period isn't over.

This makes more sense. I also noticed that the D’Coords have a lottery entry button rather than add to cart like Venus does. 

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I noticed that the SD boy listings say this, but since Venus and Kizuna explicitly say lottery, I'm assuming they are still just lottery for now? I also recall that my previous SM lottery dolls said 'preparing for shipping'' on the order page as well, so I think it's just a general status on the order.

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, hats said:

This makes more sense. I also noticed that the D’Coords have a lottery entry button rather than add to cart like Venus does. 

Yeah that is a bit weird too. I think we won't know for certain until the emails go out. If no one gets a loss, then it seems likely that this ended up as a lottery conditional on a certain limit of orders being reached.

I also think it's a bit odd that it's a full month for shipment after the winner selection. This might just be from Covid-19 shipping changes, but it could mean they are expecting some additional production to fill the orders.

Why there is a discrepancy in the buttons and in how they are listed on the order pages is anyone's guess. It could just boil down to a quirk of the webstore system.

6 hours ago, Serena-Hime said:

I also recall that my previous SM lottery dolls said 'preparing for shipping'' on the order page as well, so I think it's just a general status on the order.

I think Jupiter, Venus, Kizuna, and Sakura are the first limited DD offered by lottery since the WoW site redesign, and from the WoW launch up until the Online Dolpas it's always been clickwar for limited DD. The last time I was in an international lottery was back on the old site, and I seem to recall those saying lottery entry. Mercury and Mars were offered as lottery on that intermediate site relaunch they had before the WoW project, but I am pretty sure I didn't enter for Mars through international.

I really would expect if the Venus / Kizuna terms have changed Volks would announce the change of terms on their website.

I am kind of at a loss to understand why they seem to have a category for lottery dolls, but the limited DD's don't seem to fall into it.

finnleo
18 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I also think it's a bit odd that it's a full month for shipment after the winner selection. This might just be from Covid-19 shipping changes, but it could mean they are expecting some additional production to fill the orders.

Its not unheard of... Sinon/Shinon was about a month and a week from lottery entry to shipping, the first edition Ranko was a full two months from entry to shipping according to my mail history.

my guess would be quality control as their boxing up the sets. the more items to check, the more time it takes.

BeyondTime
On 8/14/2020 at 3:02 PM, finnleo said:

my guess would be quality control as their boxing up the sets. the more items to check, the more time it takes.

Venus shouldn’t be any more complicated than Mercury, Mars, and Jupiter. 

It may not indicate anything, the uptick of Covid in Japan would be a very valid reason for shipping to take longer. It could slow production too. It’s possible the combination of Dolpa and web release just necessitated a longer production window, whereas Jupiter had a good bit of extra time as they prepped the online events.  

As I said before, I think if the terms had changed they would publish that information. It’s just a bit weird that some lottery products show as lottery entries and some don’t. It could just be the product type in the database can’t be classified as a lottery, so they have to list it as a pending order. I can see how a business system might have hard constraints that they need to work around for these unusual events. 

Juxtaposition

If Volks has more Venus dolls than lottery entries, how soon will the dolls show up in the online store? Will Volks announce it, or do they just appear?

BeyondTime
42 minutes ago, Juxtaposition said:

If Volks has more Venus dolls than lottery entries, how soon will the dolls show up in the online store? Will Volks announce it, or do they just appear?

The in-store events are on Sept 13 iirc, so I would expect stock on the web store no sooner than that date. Pretty sure they just appear without notice, but you can choose the "notify me of restock" option on her product page.

Juxtaposition

Thank you, @BeyondTime, I missed the Sept. 13th info--I'll plan to use the "notify me of restock" option if I need it. :)

BeyondTime

The lottery page on Volks USA doesn't include Venus, which is pretty much as expected at this point.

justsomedollies

Sitting on pins and needles hoping for this lottery win 🥺

BeyondTime

venus.gif.e9170cf3662b1d521c2b194bb0e5b6d3.gif

Winning notices are out.

• Like 2

StelSel

Yay I won Venus and her uniform 😄 !

• Like 2

Tokimemofan

Won Kizuna Ai, Sailor Venus and the school uniform

• Like 2