Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Victoria

DDS Sailor Venus

Mizuumi-no-Otome
1 minute ago, kranberrijam said:

I AM DYING, OHMYGODS.

How did her wig look to you? From the photos it appears like part of it is pulled into a ponytail for the bow to clip to. Can you confirm that?

Venus' hair is a half-up-half-down pony, so I'm assuming the wig is styled in the same way- with the front of the wig pulled back into a ponytail with the bow clipped to it

BeyondTime

They did a good job making her look like Minako.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

InariPassenger
7 hours ago, kranberrijam said:

I AM DYING, OHMYGODS.

How did her wig look to you? From the photos it appears like part of it is pulled into a ponytail for the bow to clip to. Can you confirm that?

Honestly, to me it seems like part of her hair is pulled into a short ponytail and to it attached hair extension, so hair is nicely laying down and of the same length. So basically the same construction as it was with Jupiter. Her bow is also attached with pins, like Makoto's hair decoration. I might be wrong...

Edited by InariPassenger

Beani

Against my better judgement I also was at Akiba yesterday to check out Venus and the new clothes. Sadly, I still didn’t click with her so I won’t be getting her in the end. She’s really cute but as a doll I strangely connected more with Jupiter (who was still available at Dollpoint, I hope Venus is as easy to get for everyone).

@kranberrijam @InariPassenger I don’t think there is a hair extension involved. It looked like the hair was just pulled back into a half up do. It’s probably easier to see in this photo where there is the side of the Venus outfit and back of the school uniform. Didn’t really notice how the ribbon is attached but pins sounds right. Doesn’t look like there is clip but could be wrong. 

50131442316_8d42b9625d_c.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

I have a few more shots on Flickr but my phone hated the lighting around the new doll display so there is lots of glare. Even in poor conditions though her face photographs pretty well.

• Like 5

kranberrijam
29 minutes ago, Beani said:

@kranberrijam @InariPassenger I don’t think there is a hair extension involved. It looked like the hair was just pulled back into a half up do. It’s probably easier to see in this photo where there is the side of the Venus outfit and back of the school uniform. Didn’t really notice how the ribbon is attached but pins sounds right. Doesn’t look like there is clip but could be wrong. 

Thanks for the extra photos! I'm thinking hair pulled back from those shots, which is what I'm hoping for, because that would be much easier to upkeep than an extension.

I can't stop looking at her, I'm so in love. When Volks did Sailor Moon I let myself think maybe, just MAYBE they'd get to Venus and bygods, she's here. If they do like Jupiter, I'll be so happy I couldn't handle it. Her and my Snow Miku are going to have fights, too much diva for one household.

• Like 2

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

KingyoNingyo

I'm also disappointed that so far there's no Sailor V costume, but maybe one will be released later! Plus there're always third party options, and those of us who sew can try making our own... I wasn't going to get any of the Sailor Moon squad because I just KNOW I'd want the whole set, but I can't help being excited for Minako! I'm going to try to get her when she's released.

InariPassenger

@Beani 100% agree, I also really loved Jupiter and got her, but don't feel like getting Venus 😔

It would be great, if it's just part of her hair and not an extension. Seems like Jupiter's extension was a lot of pain for some owners...

And yeah, I'm absolutely positive that bow is attached with pins, like Jupiter's accessory. It was pictured in the Volks news magazine:

spacer.png

• Like 3

MegWesley

I think I have finally fallen in love with a sailor scout! My husband has mentioned that I seem to talk about Minako a whole lot more than the rest of the sailor scouts other than Usagi. I don't think I'll be able to save up for her that fast, but I can try! If anything, I'll have a legitimate doll fund even if I don't manage to save up for her in time.

I am sad that there is no Sailor V outfit. Missed opportunity there!

Home: Hatsune Miku ♡

kranberrijam
3 hours ago, shinjik said:

It will not be sold to an online store?   https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/sailormoon/drs_sm04/

Hopefully it's just that the site hasn't been updated with all the information yet. Do not crush my dreams Volks.

EDIT

On this page it says "発売延期中の入場ガイドブックの再販売時期や販売方法につきましても決定いたしましたら公式ウェブサイト等でお知らせいたします。" and the machine translation is: "If I'll also decide about re-sales time and How to Purchase on a postponed entrance guide book, I'll inform you of sale for a Official website." Google translate says "We will inform you on the official website etc. when the resale timing and sales method of the admission guidebook that is postponed sale will be decided."

So HOPEFULLY it means they just haven't decided on the online sale arrangements yet. Considering how they'll have to limit who can go in and the people who can't go/don't feel comfortable going it really would have zero sense not to do online sales.

On the other hand, the page for Williams and Cecile it specifically says "There is no sale by "Home Town Dolpa Kyoto 17 After Event." So who really knows. 😑

Edited by kranberrijam
  • Like 1

justsomedollies

If they don’t do online after event sales I’m gonna cry... I have the other four, I need her 😭 Fingers crossed that they just haven’t figured out details yet...

BeyondTime

It looks like they are still trying to decide if they will hold the in person event. Online sales may be a moot point if we have another online Dolpa. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I will be absolutely crushed if they don't end up selling her online, mostly because I will  100% end up buying her for aftermarket prices and that is a lot of money to justify spending. 

• Like 1

MissLadyBossy

She has a sweet innocent cutie look.  I definitely must have her!

Home: Alter (Anya), Sakuya (Layla), Extra (Sasha), Aoko (Nadia), Beatrice (Sophia), Alice (Elyse), Mariko (Madeline), Sailor Moon (Serena), Mercury (Ami), Mars (Rei), Jupiter (Lita), Venus (Mina), Transcendence Gray (Lexa) and Tea (Sloane)

BeyondTime

Glad she’s a lottery. Now I feel like I have a real chance to get her. 

• Like 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome

August...7th? Lol that's way too soon. I guess it's good that it goes for a full ten days but that's still...way earlier than I would have expected and I'm honestly annoyed about it.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Serena-Hime said:

August...7th? Lol that's way too soon.

It's because all the Venus dolls want to find their new owners, so she used the one tool she has at her disposal to move things forward.

venus-love-me-chain01.jpg

kranberrijam

Just paid for the Global Membership, hope the application clears in the next day or two. I will honestly cry and cry if I do not win her (and her outfit).

hats

I'm honestly so glad she won't be click war. I've had funds put aside for her eventual release. Hoping for luck with the lottery.

22 minutes ago, kranberrijam said:

Just paid for the Global Membership, hope the application clears in the next day or two. I will honestly cry and cry if I do not win her (and her outfit).

If it's any help, my membership showed up in my account within 3 days. 

• Like 2

Elagabalus
20 hours ago, hats said:

If it's any help, my membership showed up in my account within 3 days. 

When did you apply? I'm sitting over here getting anxious since there's a note that says if you order before X time on a weekday (I did) that it'll be updated by Y time on the same day, and that' didn't happen. Do they send an email once you're approved? I also assume that that this part changes to reflect global membership status + expiration date?

image.png.2e4f553941a4738102d2afb83b60c2b3.png

Online HTD's doll order period is so short notice. I remember a while back when they weren't approving memberships at all or sending out paypal invoices (this was before the change to the new eshop) so I'm getting really antsy about it. I think a lot of people would be out of luck if these were clickwars due to the sudden need for global membership that may not be approved before Friday's sales period start time 😭

Edited by Elagabalus
dolldreaming please stop eating my posts ;A;

lardroom
1 hour ago, Elagabalus said:

When did you apply? I'm sitting over here getting anxious since there's a note that says if you order before X time on a weekday (I did) that it'll be updated by Y time on the same day, and that' didn't happen. Do they send an email once you're approved? I also assume that that this part changes to reflect global membership status + expiration date?

image.png.2e4f553941a4738102d2afb83b60c2b3.png

Online HTD's doll order period is so short notice. I remember a while back when they weren't approving memberships at all or sending out paypal invoices (this was before the change to the new eshop) so I'm getting really antsy about it. I think a lot of people would be out of luck if these were clickwars due to the sudden need for global membership that may not be approved before Friday's sales period start time 😭

This may not be of much help, but I got two e-mails regarding my GL membership when they first opened in June, so I'm guessing there was a rush in processing. I ordered on June 3rd and got the standard order/entry confirmation e-mail. Then on June 9th I got a "shipping complete" e-mail for the GL membership. That's a 6 day lag. Hopefully that's just their awkward way of them closing out the order and not when they activated the GL membership.

I never bothered to check when my GL membership activated, so I'm only guessing the second e-mail was when it "activated." But they back date the expiration to the order date as mine expires June 3, 2021. Here's what mine looks like:

image.png.7be935dc612b38ede8bd16e3b32e8eec.png

Edited by lardroom
  • Like 1

Elagabalus

@lardroom Thanks, that's actually quite helpful! I just saw your post on DoA as well. I'm gonna be so antsy until they get the new orders processed. I hope the run on registration wasn't as big this time around as it probably was on June 3rd lol! At least having an estimate of between 3-6 days means that I can just assume I won't be able to order first thing on Friday instead of sitting around wondering if I'll be able to or not.

• Like 1