justsomedollies

I got both too! I am so relieved 😆

• Like 5

Elia

I won Venus and her uniform too 🥳

Congrats everyone!

• Like 5

kranberrijam

I won Venus and her uniform and I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT. 🤪 Now to wait until the end of September for shipping but sofrickinworthit.

Edited by kranberrijam
  • Like 7

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Victoria

Congrats to everyone! She is the most beautiful SM release imho. ❤🥰

I'm waiting for Sailor Venus leftovers to show up in the online-store. 😎 I'm veeeery positive about this. Her uniform could be a little bit tricky, tho... ;-; 

Singer Yuna
17 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I'm waiting for Sailor Venus leftovers

I hope the leftovers don't go through GL/VP membership too

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Monty said:

Seems like the win rate was amazing for her, did anyone actually lose?

I'm curious about this as well.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mizuumi-no-Otome
8 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I'm curious about this as well.

Well I haven't gotten an email so I'm assuming I lost :(

Sigh, guess I'll be off to Ebay.

• Sad 5

Monty

@Serena-Hime That sucks, I guess the win rate wasn’t perfect after all. But I’d stay away from eBay because they’ll probably scalp out the wazoo. There’s still the chance she’ll reappear during the after event, but if not, I’d stick to yahoo auctions. Even with the proxy fees it would probably be preferable to eBay. But hopefully the aftermarket price is favourable if the win rate was so high.

Mizuumi-no-Otome
7 minutes ago, Monty said:

@Serena-Hime That sucks, I guess the win rate wasn’t perfect after all. But I’d stay away from eBay because they’ll probably scalp out the wazoo. There’s still the chance she’ll reappear during the after event, but if not, I’d stick to yahoo auctions. Even with the proxy fees it would probably be preferable to eBay. But hopefully the aftermarket price is favourable if the win rate was so high.

I honestly don't like how complicated it is to use a proxy, so I'll prob use Ebay or Mandarake despite the costs haha, seems like she'll be around 1k like the others so I'll just hold my nose and spend the money.

Is there a point at which you know for sure you lost, or did I definitely lose if I haven't gotten an email by now? I entered the lottery quite late, about a week after it opened.

Edited by Serena-Hime

BeyondTime
13 minutes ago, Serena-Hime said:

Sigh, guess I'll be off to Ebay.

She may show up on the Volks web store store on the 13th or after the 13th when the webstore may get restocked with unsold stock from the in-person store events. Since she doesn't ship till late September you have nothing to lose by waiting until then.

It doesn't look like you can add a stock notification for her though. Maybe if you sign in, but otherwise you will need to camp the site.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Victoria
2 hours ago, Singer Yuna said:

I hope the leftovers don't go through GL/VP membership too

I think Jupiter wasn't GL/VP, too, when she was available for normal purchase after the preorder-period? I'm guessing they will do the same with Venus.

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I feel

SO SILLY

I did win!! And I got the e-mail at 2am like everyone else LOL! I changed the e-mail address on my Volks account shortly after entering the lottery, so I expected to get the email to my new address. 

Lo and behold, there it was, sitting in the junk folder of my old e-mail lmfao. What's worse is that I'm quite certain I glanced at it earlier but didn't bother to click, because it didn't look like the older lottery emails and I assumed it was just an ad. 

Crisis averted, I'm so ecstatic!

Has anyone been charged yet, or should I expect those charges to go through on Monday? 

Edited by Serena-Hime
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

Cinnamoron

Yay @Serena-Hime! I’m glad it was just in the wrong email!

I also won V and her uniform!  Feels like Volks is being very generous this go round.  I’m glad, since I don’t think I could afford to fight with scalpers right now.  

I checked my credit card and no charges yet.  My GL membership didn’t charge until a week after they approved it, so I suppose it might take some time for lottery charges to appear. 

• Like 2

Tokimemofan
25 minutes ago, Serena-Hime said:

I feel

SO SILLY

I did win!! And I got the e-mail at 2am like everyone else LOL! I changed the e-mail address on my Volks account shortly after entering the lottery, so I expected to get the email to my new address. 

Lo and behold, there it was, sitting in the junk folder of my old e-mail lmfao. What's worse is that I'm quite certain I glanced at it earlier but didn't bother to click, because it didn't look like the older lottery emails and I assumed it was just an ad. 

Has anyone been charged yet, or should I expect those charges to go through on Monday? 

Lol that happened to me, except I'm surprised I actually received the email, yahoo has blocked everything from them before so I switched to my gmail account 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Cinnamoron said:

I checked my credit card and no charges yet.  My GL membership didn’t charge until a week after they approved it, so I suppose it might take some time for lottery charges to appear. 

This is always the stressor for me. I'm not worried about the card limit, but I do worry that the foreign transaction might get declined because of a security flag. I always breath a sigh of relief when the transaction posts.

Mizuumi-no-Otome
27 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

This is always the stressor for me. I'm not worried about the card limit, but I do worry that the foreign transaction might get declined because of a security flag. I always breath a sigh of relief when the transaction posts.

That's exactly why I asked haha, because my card was flagged when I entered the lottery and I had to ask them to clear it through- despite having used the same card to buy all of my other dolls from Volks Int, even fairly recently with Jupiter. 

It doesn't look like Volks has charged me yet though, so hopefully I won't have an issue when it does happen. 

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, Serena-Hime said:

That's exactly why I asked haha, because my card was flagged when I entered the lottery and I had to ask them to clear it through- despite having used the same card to buy all of my other dolls from Volks Int, even fairly recently with Jupiter. 

Hopefully all they are doing is posting the already authorized transaction.

Monty
7 hours ago, Serena-Hime said:

I feel

SO SILLY

Thats great news..... and now I’m back to wondering if anyone lost! Still haven’t seen any losses reported for either of the DDs. I’m not sure about the YoSDs, but the SD boys seemed to be 50/50 (maybe even 40/60) in terms of wins/losses reported that I could find.

I haven’t been charged for SD Cecile yet either, but I expect to on Monday or so. I’m not really worried about it though.

Edited by Monty

Cinnamoron

It’s kind of bizarre to me that the SD boys were supposed to be preorder if few entries and lottery if there were many, and the DD girls were just labeled as lottery.  It seems like perhaps the reverse was true!  I don’t think I’ve seen losses for Kizuna or Venus anywhere!  Haven’t seen anyone say anything about the YoSds either, though admittedly I don’t know of anyone who entered for them.

@Monty congrats on Cecile joining your crew!  ☺️

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Monty said:

Thats great news..... and now I’m back to wondering if anyone lost! Still haven’t seen any losses reported for either of the DDs. I’m not sure about the YoSDs, but the SD boys seemed to be 50/50 (maybe even 40/60) in terms of wins/losses reported that I could find.

Maybe they just miscalculated the demand for both events and flipped the rules. I still think it’s odd that Kizuna and Venus showed as normal orders and the D’Coords showed as lottery. 

Monty

I think the real reason for the lottery was just to stop people charging the site and having it go down - they could have had the same effect by calling it a preorder but I guess they wanted that insurance just in case the demand surpassed supply. But it’s definitely bizarre that Cecile and Williams were the only ones released as ‘preorder unless there’s too many’ , I’d understand it if they said that for all of them (even though it’s weird to me still) but the fact that it was only them and yet they were the only ones (it seems) where not everyone won makes it odd. For what it’s worth, to my knowledge only SD Cinderella has also had that release method (although in her case it didn’t switch to lottery) so it’s interesting it was the two releases that were already limited in some way - Cinderella was unavailable on non JP members and Cecile/Williams were supposed to only be available at Kyoto Dolpa in person before it was cancelled, with no after event sale in store or online. 

Im glad everyone was so lucky with Venus, especially considering the extra hurdle necessary to get her (the GL membership, which should now pay for itself in points from paying for her) and the fact that she isn’t able to be sold through VolksUSA. I was worried there’d be a lot of people with unfinished Senshi collections given that the others had seemed comparatively easier to obtain, so it’s good that’s not the case.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1