Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

engelinvitro

Hometown Dolpa 17

Lynn
10 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Um... that's not what I meant. You buy a special gatcha item for ¥1100 each, and from that purchase you get a random item.

10 hours ago, Monty said:

The gacha items were actual things you could buy, like mini blind boxes. If you didn’t specifically add them to your order you won’t get any. People bought a bunch to see what they got.

Thanks for explanation, BeyondTime and Monty! I didin't buy any of the sort, so I'm safe! XD

MichelleAK
On 9/25/2020 at 10:39 AM, jadepixel said:

I'm loving the loot photos, keep 'em up! 😄

Fingers crossed that my D'Coord girl ships soon, I've already sewn a couple cute dresses for her!

I just got my shipping notice for my D'Coord this morning, so if you haven't received your notice yet, you probably will soon.

kalisha

Yes me too, im so happy i choose EMS, DHL its fast yes but they charge you about 20$ for do nothing at all...... and if you want your paquet you must pay, its a scam in all letters.

justsomedollies

I got a little freebie with Minako’s school uniform. They’re like tiny little rubber bouncy ball toys. Not something I’d go looking for, but it’s special because it’s from Dolpa 🥰 I doubt I’ll ever make it to an actual Dolpa because of location and time and money and life, so I thought this was really neat. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Monty

Is anyone else still waiting on a shipping notification for one of the new dolls from International...? (ie Venus/Ai/Cecile/Williams/Lulu/Rick, not the oneoffs/icons/etc) I cant possibly be the only one, and yet everyone I’ve asked or read about got theirs on Friday/Saturday so it’s hard to not be a little antsy.

BeyondTime
17 minutes ago, Monty said:

Is anyone else still waiting on a shipping notification for one of the new dolls from International...? (ie Venus/Ai/Cecile/Williams/Lulu/Rick, not the oneoffs/icons/etc) I cant possibly be the only one, and yet everyone I’ve asked or read about got theirs on Friday/Saturday so it’s hard to not be a little antsy.

I’m still waiting on shipping for an Aug 30th Dolpa 17 order, and a chair ordered about a week ago. I know that’s not what you asked, but it does look like they are still working on fulfilling some orders related to the Dolpa. I think I am going to email them today about the Dolpa order. I figure they must be waiting on product from a factory, but at this point I want to be sure there isn’t an issue. I always figure give them two weeks to ship, and it’s been a month now.

Venus arrived last night. 

I don’t blame you for being antsy.  

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

The thing is -everyone- waited a long time for the clickwar stuff. I did actually expect to wait longer for Cecile to ship (only because last year my 9S didn’t ship until a week after the date they said the shipping started), so it’s less the fact that I haven’t got a notification that bugs me as much as the fact that everyone else has. If everyone else was still waiting like how everyone waited for the clickwar items I wouldn’t mind at all. I’d just feel a lot better to know if others are waiting for dolls too, because my anxious mind immediately interprets that as ‘something is wrong with my order specifically!’ (I was also pretty surprised when people were already receiving their Icons/Dcoords/One-offs as I assumed they weren’t shipping until after all the new release dolls)

Celis814
1 hour ago, Monty said:

I received Kizuna AI from International on Monday September 28. I posted the box opening today. 

• Like 1

Poofiemus
4 hours ago, Monty said:

The thing is -everyone- waited a long time for the clickwar stuff. I did actually expect to wait longer for Cecile to ship (only because last year my 9S didn’t ship until a week after the date they said the shipping started), so it’s less the fact that I haven’t got a notification that bugs me as much as the fact that everyone else has. If everyone else was still waiting like how everyone waited for the clickwar items I wouldn’t mind at all. I’d just feel a lot better to know if others are waiting for dolls too, because my anxious mind immediately interprets that as ‘something is wrong with my order specifically!’ (I was also pretty surprised when people were already receiving their Icons/Dcoords/One-offs as I assumed they weren’t shipping until after all the new release dolls)

No yeah, my order had a Mochashi body and hte SD penguin kigu--Dolpa items, though not particularly popular ones. Granted, ordered mine on Sept 2nd, but still haven't gotten notice even though I'd figure there'd be less to check than on a limited doll. Seems some people who ordered later have gotten tracking numbers and some haven't. Volks has some real funky ways of prioritizing orders right now, it seems. Even click war items haven't all gone out, looks like limited dolls are kind of in a wonky order too. 

I feel like I'd be less vexed if I could find a friggen pattern, but I can't. I have absolutely no idea what will determine my order being sent out, so I go to my inbox every morning just to be disappointed to see no shipping notice. I know Volks has a lot going on, but man, I have enough natural anxiety on a good day, and this year in general has kind of made it worse, so having another thing my brain wants to worry about is less than fun. I know logically there's nothing wrong with my order but ugh, my lizard brain is not getting the message. 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Monty said:

If everyone else was still waiting like how everyone waited for the clickwar items I wouldn’t mind at all. I’d just feel a lot better to know if others are waiting for dolls too, because my anxious mind immediately interprets that as ‘something is wrong with my order specifically!

I sent them a, hopefully appropriately polite, message. I expect they are just backlogged because of social distancing changes slowing things down. I'll let you know what they say.

17 minutes ago, Poofiemus said:

Granted, ordered mine on Sept 2nd

Sept 3rd here, so I probably have nothing to worry about.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

I got an update explaining the situation, and they included a link with a general shipping status update. It boils down to they have so many orders it has slowed shipping.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/topics_detail.html?info_id=20

So the upside is that business is booming for Volks in spite of the pandemic.

• Thanks 3

HazelMaze

MY GATCHA ITEMS ARRIVED TODAY

I thought for a moment there they'd end up arriving with Shigure( D'Coord girl!) haha

Poofiemus

I woke up this morning to my shipping notice! What a relief. Tracking doesnt have estimated delivery yet but I'm kind of hoping Monday--I have Mondays off so I would be able to be home basically the whole day.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

I also got my shipping notice.

• Like 1

Monty

Mystery solved, there -was- something wrong with my order specifically. Volks just emailed me to tell me that they haven’t been able to send Cecile because DHL rejected him - they apparently didn’t like that my address is a PO Box instead of a street address. I emailed Volks back my street address so hopefully he’s on his way soon.

...The irony is that I’ve ordered two packages from Volks via DHL this year with my address as my PO Box, but either they won’t allow that from now on or it’s only become an issue now due to the much higher value of this package compared to the couple of outfits I bought before. .....the other irony is that even when I put my street address for DHL (or other courier) orders, they always go to the PO Box anyway...

I wish I had known this would happen sooner and then he would have shipped along with everyone else’s dolls but I’m glad that’s solved. ....the next step is finding out if customs are going to demand a ransom for him, though...

• Like 3

HazelMaze

My D'Coord girl has arrived!! I'd love to do some proper posts on her, and I will, but all images are going to come late since I am still without internet access at home ( yuck)

Edited by HazelMaze

kalisha

I have finish the customs taxes, 135€ man that its painfull now waiting for the post ofice for set free my paquet.

Ylse

Gonna pick up my Dcoord today too. But 162 euros in custom taxes hurts 😵

Edit: picked her up!!!! Got a long white wig with her (I wanted that colour~) and she has red/orange eyes. She is so precious 😭

(Quick phone picture lol). Gonna get her clothed tomorrow when it is light again lol.

20201006_191132.jpg

Edited by Ylse
  • Like 1

Poofiemus

Got my order yesterday! Already posted Asphodel in her nee Spica Alchemist set in the Mochi Ashi thread, so that leaves one other Dolpa item I got.

My other dolls on Halloween: cute, classy
Vitya: dorky penguin

1006201405b.jpg.30dfc4a79830e221ef71c447444c6b64.jpg

Seriously though, no regrets on getting this absurd thing. It's SO FRIGGEN SOFT. And so perfect. I didnt realize how much I needed Viktor Penguinforov in my life.

• Like 3

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Poofiemus said:

Seriously though, no regrets on getting this absurd thing. It's SO FRIGGEN SOFT. And so perfect. I didnt realize how much I needed Viktor Penguinforov in my life.

When I saw the photo I had to do a double take; I thought it was a real person. XD

• Haha 1

Poofiemus
12 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

When I saw the photo I had to do a double take; I thought it was a real person. XD

Bahahaha! Nope, that's a Smart Doll standing on a TV tray lol.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Volks shipped the last of my September orders, which wasn't technically a Dolpa 17 item, but I figured it might help to know that they are on to orders placed at the very end of September.

My orders have consistently had DHL labels created on Thursday, and the items get picked up by the carrier on Friday. (US Time.)

• Like 1