Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

engelinvitro

Hometown Dolpa 17

engelinvitro

I got everything I wanted too, I hope T_T

By the time I was adding more stuff to my cart, the Bi-color outfit set immediately went out of stock so I'm worried I'll get the "I'm sorry we didn't have enough quantities for this item... Your item was cancelled etc." message...

foo
Just now, HazelMaze said:

I think I got it- but I am not sure as the site crashed right after I hit "confirm purchase".

Any thoughts?

Try going back to the site. If there are still items in your shopping cart it didn't go through. If you did credit card payment, it should have taken you to the credit card processing screen by the bank.

• Thanks 1

HazelMaze

Did you already send/ confirm payment?

I'm frantically checking for an email update or to see it pop up in my bank app

*edit: I still can't get back into the site due to high traffic to check my cart

Edited by HazelMaze
Sorry, didn't quote right!

BeyondTime

Yeah, there were very few interupts and refreshing the page was enough to get back on track.

Grabbed the red Pom Pom skirt, and the black one (finally).

Plus the SDGrB, SDGr, and SD16 antique dresses, and the Kakhi Short Jacket Set.  The last one worried me since almost anything Miku models sells out fast. That little twin-tailed minx prints money for people...

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Jezrah

Got everything I wanted. I was aiming for boy clothes and shoes, though, so I didn't expect too much of a fight.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Ylse

From the new release I just wanted one of the chairs and a mochi ashi base body (fresh/flesh). Got those and some stuff like a stand etc for the new girl coming here. Now 1 of the floating heads can finally have a body 😂

There were a few interruptions but otherwise pretty smooth. Was thinking about the white pompom skirt but since I already had enough expensive stuff in the basket I let that one go haha 😆

• Like 1

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, HazelMaze said:

I'm frantically checking for an email update or to see it pop up in my bank app

You should get a confirmation email from Volks immediately after making payment. If you don't have that email, then your order likely didn't complete.

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

20blackbags

That click war was brutal😩. It kept takeing me out becuse things I had in my cart got sold out (the pink medical socks, and the devil salor set). I got most of what I wanted, and I got the Mochi body I needed. 

• Like 2

HazelMaze

I'm so glad everyone is having good luck!

I didn't have a smooth a time as others XD 

I had a few mini panics-everytime I was sending payment through I was gettin' booted.I have to recommend using paypal vs a credit card.

That was certainly a learning experience ,considering this was my first click war! I just reeeeeeaaaaally wanted those gatcha

RainbowNanaki

I got everything I wanted in the clickwar! Things thankfully went extremely smooth for me, and once I stopped getting error messages, they disappeared entirely as I added everything to my cart and completed my order. I don't know if I was going for anything super popular, but I bought the Bi-Color Jacket Set, the Khaki Short Jacket Set, the Ash Grey Skinny Jeans, and 3 of the gachas. Fwiw, my confirmation email is timestamped for 9:06pm, 6 minutes after the sale started.

• Like 1

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

engelinvitro

Everything got restocked this time around :0 I hope this gives people time to get items they missed out on in the initial update!

Edited by engelinvitro

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, DaemonNoyz said:

I am confused, can someone link me to this event? 😅

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_200830_HTDK17_DRS/

• Like 1

Adele

Does anyone mind sharing how much they paid for shipping to the US for their outfits? I’ve been wanting to make a volks international order for a while but I heard the shipping costs are pretty sky high. But it looks like those cute heart purses are still in stock and I’m very tempted. 

Jezrah
8 minutes ago, Adele said:

Does anyone mind sharing how much they paid for shipping to the US for their outfits? I’ve been wanting to make a volks international order for a while but I heard the shipping costs are pretty sky high. But it looks like those cute heart purses are still in stock and I’m very tempted. 

My order was two outfits, two pairs of shoes, and two of the gachas. My shipping fee was 2,180 yen, which I consider to be fairly normal for worldwide EMS.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

20blackbags
11 minutes ago, Adele said:

My order has 12 items which includes a mochi body and 10 gacha’s.The Shipping fee came out to $37. 

45731890-46B3-4452-9DBB-A50FF9AFE3E0.jpeg

engelinvitro
26 minutes ago, Adele said:

My order had seven outfits, two shoes, and a Mini Dollfie Carrier and I was charged 6.4k JPY for shipping... The carrier bag might've added to the volume, I think.

Adele

@Jezrah @20blackbags @engelinvitro Wow thank you all so much for the quick responses! That shipping doesn't sound that bad, maybe a little more expensive than normal but not much. I had thought EMS still wasn't shipping to the US and that DHL was really expensive but I'm very glad to hear otherwise! And those purses are still in stock...

• Like 1

BeyondTime
45 minutes ago, Adele said:

Does anyone mind sharing how much they paid for shipping to the US for their outfits?

My order with 7 items was ¥2900 for shipping, and my second order with 1 outfit and two very small doll care items with no appreciable size or weight was ¥2000 for shipping.

Poofiemus
2 minutes ago, Adele said:

@Jezrah @20blackbags @engelinvitro Wow thank you all so much for the quick responses! That shipping doesn't sound that bad, maybe a little more expensive than normal but not much. I had thought EMS still wasn't shipping to the US and that DHL was really expensive but I'm very glad to hear otherwise! And those purses are still in stock...

@Cauldroness explained in a different thread: apparently DHL will strike deals with some businesses for better rates. I'm guessing Volks has got to be one of them, and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they renegotiated specifically due to the EMS block. 

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Corgi

I think DHL with Volks international is the better option at the moment. DHL to Texas usually takes 3 days and 4 if they are delayed. USPS 2-3 day Priority mail now take at least a week for me. Around $13 for Volks USA vs $20 for Volks International for same item. USPS took 1.5 months to deliver my doll from Volks USA in July. So until USPS get their stuff together DHL it is!

Adele

@Poofiemus Thank you, that's very interesting! All the horror stories I've heard about high DHL shipping were coming from Mandarake orders, so I guess they didn't have any sort of deal.

@Aireoko Yup, I made my Volks international order and the shipping was also only $20! I'm in California, so my last Volks USA order only cost $6 for shipping. But I'm also getting out of the 10% CA sales tax , so all together I hardly paid more to go through Volks International. Also, like you said, DHL is so much more reliable. I haven't had problems with most USPS orders, but the LA distribution center seems especially bad. I had ordered some masks from LA and the order disappeared after being scanned in the post office. I would hate for that to happen with doll stuff!

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Adele said:

But I'm also getting out of the 10% CA sales tax

California has something called a Use Tax, which is is basically a tax on out of state / country purchases equal to your local sales tax, that gets paid if the seller doesn't collect California Sales Tax at the time of sale. US Customs doesn't report your imports to the States, but you are supposed to itemize purchases $1,000 and over on your CA State Tax Return. Purchases under $1,000 can be declared in bulk based on a fee you get off of a chart, or itemized if that would be cheaper. I buy enough doll stuff under $1,000 that I just use the "bulk" option.