Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

engelinvitro

Hometown Dolpa 17

BeyondTime
14 minutes ago, lardroom said:

I've been to the Akiba Dollpo and even stayed for a bit to watch a live one-off SD doll lottery.

The one-offs can be pretty amazing.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Elagabalus

I signed up for the global membership yesterday and am hoping approval passes before sales open, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.
I'm also gunning for Cecile. I expect he and Williams will turn into a lottery, so I guess it's not a big deal so long as they approve my membership before the lottery period closes.

I just got a cryptic email thanking me for registering for Volks international when I've been registered with them for years? 🤨 My membership status hasn't changed either. Another friend just checked their membership status (they purchased a membership when it was first available) and it's not in their purchase history nor has it been reflected on their account 😬. There's always fun times to be had with the international webshop, isn't there? 

I hope they update the clothing section on the new dolpa website soon! I want to know how much Volks is going to be beating me up and running away with in advance this time >w<

Edited by Elagabalus

lardroom
On 8/3/2020 at 7:43 PM, BeyondTime said:

The one-offs can be pretty amazing.

What made me laugh was that not all of the dolls went home that day. There was one MSD doll that no-one wanted. She wasn't claimed by any winner and I'm pretty sure afterwards she was just opened up for anyone wanting to purchase her. Maybe she was an uggo or something, but it was kinda sad. Or creepy, since she'd become that doll that kills people at night.

BeyondTime
26 minutes ago, lardroom said:

There was one MSD doll that no-one wanted. She wasn't claimed by any winner and I'm pretty sure afterwards she was just opened up for anyone wanting to purchase her.

That's the way it was at the LA Dolpa. A lot of dolls were left after the initial lottery was done, so they called for people who wanted to try and rock paper scissors with the company president for the right to buy one of them. They sold all the icons and all, or almost all, of the other dolls.

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Ylse
15 hours ago, Elagabalus said:

I signed up for the global membership yesterday and am hoping approval passes before sales open, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.
I'm also gunning for Cecile. I expect he and Williams will turn into a lottery, so I guess it's not a big deal so long as they approve my membership before the lottery period closes.

I just got a cryptic email thanking me for registering for Volks international when I've been registered with them for years? 🤨 My membership status hasn't changed either. Another friend just checked their membership status (they purchased a membership when it was first available) and it's not in their purchase history nor has it been reflected on their account 😬. There's always fun times to be had with the international webshop, isn't there? 

I hope they update the clothing section on the new dolpa website soon! I want to know how much Volks is going to be beating me up and running away with in advance this time >w<

I signed up for the global membership too and 2 weeks later I got the same mail when they send out your things but it listed the global memership. Afterwards when checking my status was changed to having global membership.

So I hope it doesn't take that long for everyone signing up now but for me it took 2 weeks... 😐

(btw not trying to scare anyone with this, since I saw other people's memberships being way faster. Maybe mine took weirdly longer lol xD)

Edited by Ylse

Juxtaposition

I saw this on Volks USA's Facebook page. Does this mean Volks USA customers will get a chance at entering lotteries for the dolls in the picture, too? 😮

Dolpa17.png

Selenae

Uh-oh. If Volks USA gets the entirety of the event, I may be in trouble. I'm really curious to see what the Mochi-Ashi D'Coords are, and if they're something I love, I will enter. 😆

Edited by Selenae

Elagabalus
4 hours ago, Ylse said:

I signed up for the global membership too and 2 weeks later I got the same mail when they send out your things but it listed the global memership. Afterwards when checking my status was changed to having global membership.

So I hope it doesn't take that long for everyone signing up now but for me it took 2 weeks... 😐

(btw not trying to scare anyone with this, since I saw other people's memberships being way faster. Maybe mine took weirdly longer lol xD)

Oh yikes 😭 

I think it's taken most people an average of 5 days? So hopefully we all make it in. I wish they could've given us a longer lead time, even an extra week. 

I don't think Volks USA will be getting D'Coords, DSD, or one-offs? They almost never have the latter two unless it's after a LA Dolpa or extremely special event, and I don't think I've ever seen them have D'Coords? D'Coords are only a step or two away from being a one-off IMO.

Edited by Elagabalus
punctuation is real and it is not my friend

Juxtaposition

I'll be happy if Volks USA gets Venus. She's my favorite of the Sailor Scouts, and I've been hoping for her even before she was announced. 😍

magique

It would be so cool if Volks USA got their own version of the whole event. Bad for my wallet, but very cool nonetheless. 

BeyondTime
27 minutes ago, sweets said:

It would be so cool if Volks USA got their own version of the whole event.

They’ve said they are participating, but no details yet. 

Tokimemofan

What a drag...  hoping for both Sailor Venus and Kizuna Ai.  I wouldn’t worry too much  about Sailor Venus even if thing don’t go through in time and USA doesn’t have her.  They always seem to make enough to go around.  I’m more worried about Kizuna Ai, i could care less about the character but... 

• Like 1

Satsuki_Yatohji

Seems they are going to include D'Coord mochiashi with the new heads up for lottery, so excited! Anyone knows the price for D'Coord? I know it's different from the Choice ones.

I am also from Europe and customs are killing me. I read some of you know shops in EU? any suggestion?

baldylox

I too put in for the Global Membership thing and after 5 days it still doesn't show up on my Volks page.  Two other friends of mine that put in for it the day after I did already have theirs showing on their pages.  @onion32@

Dammit Volks, I *need* a Clover Icon!  <3  Don't leave me hanging!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Rizukaa

My Global Membership finally cleared after a dew days-

Got one juuust in case one of the D'COORDs is a Mochi-Ashi I desperately want. Although I hope there isn't, my first girl is arriving on Monday and I'd prefer to have some more time to save up for a second one ;;;

Definitely curious about the new outfits and what seems to be an Eye Gashapon? I know they did one before, but does anyone have some information on how this works? Is it like a doll lottery where you can choose the design and enter for a chance to purchase, or do you purchase a random pair of eyes?

Elia
22 hours ago, Satsuki_Yatohji said:

Seems they are going to include D'Coord mochiashi with the new heads up for lottery, so excited! Anyone knows the price for D'Coord? I know it's different from the Choice ones.

I am also from Europe and customs are killing me. I read some of you know shops in EU? any suggestion?

It sure sucks 😔 I've been hit by customs every time but it doesn't feel as bad on a doll (even though customs are higher). I only know of Sakura Dreams Friend Shop who are located in the UK but ship to Europe as well. 

Rizukaa
27 minutes ago, Elia said:

It sure sucks 😔 I've been hit by customs every time but it doesn't feel as bad on a doll (even though customs are higher). I only know of Sakura Dreams Friend Shop who are located in the UK but ship to Europe as well. 

Another Friendshop in the EU is Papattes Company!

They are located in France and ship to at least the EU. Their website is only in french though, and from what I've seen, they don't have most things in stock but rather order it when orders come in?

Otherwise, there aren't any official Shops in Europe TT I wish there was a Volks Europe... would make everything so much easier.

• Like 1

Elagabalus

My membership finally came through last night so I got my entry for Cecile in! I really hope Volks USA gets all of the dolls from this Dolpa because I'm fairly certain that the Oath of the Silver Coin boys win rate is going to be brutal 😭 I'll take any entry chance I can get! 

I can't wait for photos of the outfits to go up online. I've only seen cell phone pics of Volks News and there were a lot of interesting clothes and accessories this time. I'm really interested in those casual wa outfits! The pastel punk DD and DDB (or DDSB?) outfits looked really cool too!

blossom
1 hour ago, Rizukaa said:

Another Friendshop in the EU is Papattes Company!

They are located in France and ship to at least the EU. Their website is only in french though, and from what I've seen, they don't have most things in stock but rather order it when orders come in?

Otherwise, there aren't any official Shops in Europe TT I wish there was a Volks Europe... would make everything so much easier.

Ughh, i wish for that everyday 😫

Papattes Store is great but sadly most things are out of stock and they don’t get that many orders from volks or like very slowly (they said so themselves) 

but except that they are really nice and it’s my go-to-shop! 

obviously Volks Europe would be even better ☹️☹️

𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 ꒰ 𝒾𝒸𝒽𝒾𝑔𝑜 𝕄𝔻𝔻 ༘♡༉ ꒱

𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣   ꒰ 𝒜𝓇𝓊𝓇𝓊 𝔻𝔻ℙ ꒱

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

April

I applied for GL Membership this morning and it's been approved already! I must have picked a good time 😂

I'm definitely entering for Clover but might end up putting in for a dcoord depending. My credit card company will hate me 😂

baldylox

My Global Membership finally went thru this morning!  So now I can go in for Clover.  This will be the 3rd time I've put in for her, hopefully the old adage of "3rd time's a charm!" holds up for me.  :)

Billy

• Like 1

blossom

@baldylox goodluck! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Let Clover come home this time 😋

• Like 1

𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 ꒰ 𝒾𝒸𝒽𝒾𝑔𝑜 𝕄𝔻𝔻 ༘♡༉ ꒱

𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣   ꒰ 𝒜𝓇𝓊𝓇𝓊 𝔻𝔻ℙ ꒱

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

baldylox
9 minutes ago, blossom said:

@baldylox goodluck! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Let Clover come home this time 😋

Thank you very much!  If she doesn't come home this time then hopefully I can try again in the US lottery After Event.  If not then, I don't know what to say.  I guess she wasn't meant to be mine.  😉 

Billy

BeyondTime
47 minutes ago, baldylox said:

hopefully I can try again in the US lottery After Event.

I think the Dolpa 17 Icon event is sort of the After Event for the US Icon event. Maybe they will have some extras and will offer them, or maybe there will be some leftovers offered in the end of year event.

• Like 1

Celis814
On 8/3/2020 at 10:47 AM, BeyondTime said:

Good luck with Cecile. 

Starting a few years ago lottery entries are charged full price up front. Volks has always had problems with people entering for dolls and then not paying, and so now you pay up front. 

I read all the info and entered for Kizuna AI. I was not surprised the purchase amount was held on my credit card. I am surprised that it is on my Website Purchase History showing as Under Arrangement - Preparing for shipping.  Specifically because my three Dolpa 43 defeats, which were one off models, are on the "Enter Lottery to Purchase application history / Order-limited planning purchase history" page.