Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks SD - Disney Frozen Collaboration.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Welp, time to go sell everything I own, brb.

You mean your dolls haven’t already sold it all?

• Haha 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

lardroom
MikuFan

Volks USA

1200 usd for Elsa

950 usd for Anna

abs2891
2 hours ago, lardroom said:

I think for once, because they knew demand would be high, they just decided to make it a preorder - get all the frozen $$ they can haha - Disney might have even asked for these gals to be preorder.  The DSD size being limited because they anticipated them being less popular but making these unlimited makes sense in a way.  It should not change, but I would think there is the risk of delivery getting delayed if orders are higher than they have planned for production already, similar to what happened with the preorders for the resin ladies last spring (Lucia, Charlotte, and Lieselotte). 

Edited by abs2891
  • Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

I would hope they anticipated how high the orders would be and that's why they took so long to come out.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, abs2891 said:

It should not change, but I would think there is the risk of delivery getting delayed if orders are higher than they have planned for production already, similar to what happened with the preorders for the resin ladies last spring

I think we can count on that to happen. XD

I’m throwing my money at them on April 18th. XD

Not responsible if it breaks a window. 😛

3 hours ago, lardroom said:

Will this end up as a click-war?

I think they call it Cart Sale if it’s a clickwar. Pretty sure Order Sale means we’re placing orders for them. The question is will they close down the orders or switch to lottery if they get too many orders?

The Volks Japan website seems a lot clearer on the idea that these are straight up orders. No lottery, no switch to lottery, and no quantity limit in their details. Given the extra 2 - 3 months for the US dolls to leave Japan, I’m thinking ours may produced after the Japan event. The upside is if sales are low in Japan the schedule could move up. I seriously doubt they will be low though. XD  

The downside is there could be a delay if they get orders over expectation.

I can wait patiently until Fall or Winter / Spring if it gets pushed. I just hope Volks USA offers option parts. Imma load these girls up on hands and legs if I can. 😄

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Looking at the info on Volks Japan, it’s very clearly stated to be a pre-order, but May delivery only seems guaranteed for Dolpa attendees. I’m thinking because the quantity sold at the Dolpa will be limited by the restrictions on physical attendance, they can be certain to have enough to meet demand. The sales through other venues all have a more vague timeline like “after May” or “starting in fall.” If they get a lot of orders, then we can be certain that it’s going to take longer for some orders to be fulfilled.

I’m not sure there is a president for this on the SD side. They’ve done SD pre-orders before, but never for a global franchise like this. Given the increased effort to produce SD, the fact that this is offered as a pre-order is a big deal. Be prepared to be patient. 

Hopefully Volks has created timelines off of accurate order estimates, but there will always be some uncertainty in judging a market. 

BeyondTime

A little more detail from the Volks Japan site. Delivery is expected to start in May with Dolpa orders being prioritized. They are clear the schedule could change if they receive a lot of orders. If they receive too many orders at the Dolpa, then even Dolpa orders may not be prioritized. 

In context "prioritized" seems to mean: first in, first out  

It sounds like an "all orders will be fulfilled" pre-order, but they are cautiously preparing people for what may be huge demand. For those of us in the US and Mexico, we should probably be prepared for up front payment, with what may potentially be a very long wait time on delivery. No specific details from Volks USA yet so we don't know if there will be a deposit option, but given the short window currently expected, and the expense of producing a made-to-order SD, I kind of doubt it. 

monkeypizzasonic

Logistics question, since a lot of people here have ordering experience: my parents said they'd help me buy both dolls, with Elsa going on my account and Anna going on theirs. What would be the best way to do this without setting off any flags? Should I buy both with my account, and just use different cards and buy them separately? Or would it be better for one of them to make an account to buy the other one with?

BeyondTime
14 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Or would it be better for one of them to make an account to buy the other one with?

I think Volks rules require the person paying to be the person receiving the doll. Pretty sure that's the implication of all the bullets they have on their info pages. You can always email them and ask.

Outside of asking Volks, I'd probably go with have them create an account. What you might potentially lose is services that require you to be the original purchaser. A service they offered at the LA Dolpa was SD replacement parts, even heads that were yellowed could be replaced with a new head with a Volks face-up. Not sure you can use that service if you didn't buy the doll from them, maybe you can, but I don't recall the terms & limits.

Your absolute best bet would be to buy Elsa & Anna on your account.

• Like 2

AliensOfGold

If you happen to live outside Japan or the US how does one go about acquiring these dolls without going through a proxy service? 

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, AliensOfGold said:

If you happen to live outside Japan or the US how does one go about acquiring these dolls without going through a proxy service? 

There is no mention of Friend Shops, not sure those are anything but DD sales anyways, so the only option is likely to be a proxy. 

CuteOne
On 3/10/2022 at 10:24 AM, monkeypizzasonic said:

Logistics question, since a lot of people here have ordering experience: my parents said they'd help me buy both dolls, with Elsa going on my account and Anna going on theirs. What would be the best way to do this without setting off any flags? Should I buy both with my account, and just use different cards and buy them separately? Or would it be better for one of them to make an account to buy the other one with?

If possible why don't you give your parents the money for the girl you were going to buy and just have them buy both for you. That way there should be no issue?

• Like 1

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, CuteOne said:

If possible why don't you give your parents the money for the girl you were going to buy and just have them buy both for you. That way there should be no issue?

He'd be better off doing it the other way around if cash were involved, so both are on his account, but I got the impression that both purchases are going on cards and that's the issue.

I don't know if this is possible, but can you register your parents card to your Paypal? No idea if Paypal allows that, but if you can do it that way Paypal should mask the card account from the merchant. That way you could buy both on your Volks account.

monkeypizzasonic

I already have a card that links to their account in my name, I just didn't know if Volks was gonna be weird about me buying them on two different cards.

Victoria
10 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I already have a card that links to their account in my name, I just didn't know if Volks was gonna be weird about me buying them on two different cards.

No experience with VolksUSA here regarding CCs but sometimes I'm using my CC or the one of my father on VolksInt with no problem. 

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I think you'll be fine. We haven't seen the terms yet, but you should be able to put Elsa on one order and Anna on a second order. In some cases it's even required that each doll goes on it's own order. Imo these dolls have a high potential for delays, and they wouldn't want 500 Anna SDs sitting in the shop waiting 3 months for 500 matching Elsa SDs to show up, so separate orders with separate shipping fees seems likely to me. You should be able to use different cards for each order. Certainly if you are doing PayPal, then you can pick any payment method on your account for each one. 

Worst case if they do some weird thing where Elsa & Anna must be on the same order, you can always call them and ask about splitting payment between two cards.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Per the Volks USA site, it's officially a pre-order with no closure "if orders exceed a pre-specified amount." 

1 of each doll per customer. 

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=2040

Rajke
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Per the Volks USA site, it's officially a pre-order with no closure "if orders exceed a pre-specified amount." 

1 of each doll per customer. 

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=2040

Nice to see that they are available again. Sadly only US and Mexican residents can order from the USA store. I hope Volks will open up an European store too.

@onion20@   This is a signature.

BeyondTime

Volks Japan pages now clearly read "All orders placed in the pre-order period will be fulfilled."

• Thanks 1

monkeypizzasonic

Awwww, I think that's the first pic I've seen of all 4 dolls together!

(USA orders open tomorrow, goodbye spending money for the rest of the year...)

BeyondTime

Got my orders in first thing.

Now to wait until fall. @onion34@

• Like 1

marishade

Placed my order for Elsa via VUSA

• Like 1