Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks SD - Disney Frozen Collaboration.

lardroom

Nice. Just got an invoice and tracking number from VolksUSA for Anna and Elsa. They probably haven't shipped it yet but they're getting ready and they should arrive early October.

BeyondTime

Elsa and Anna have shipped, they're already on their way out of LA and may be here tomorrow unless the post office has a delay. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

marishade

Received my shipping email for Elsa yesterday evening! She has not gone anywhere yet but I was not expecting the email for another week!

Next will probably be me saving and eventually tracking down an Anna.

BeyondTime

Some initial photos. Slightly NSFW. They aren't dressed, but they are posed so their bits are covered.

Elsa:

_1JR4075-Small.jpg.edd708663d04321c58a20ffaa2d606e3.jpg

_1JR4076-Small.jpg.3e49c68ed988dd21991fd70fd8deea1f.jpg

• Like 5

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Anna:

_1JR4077-Small.jpg.8778ce2d2e1fac57b4d6d55912f1218b.jpg

_1JR4079-Small.jpg.e0f2d2129b162a8097e52ad9b6625293.jpg

• Like 5

BeyondTime

More Elsa & Anna, but this time they're dressed.

52398511043_3c0f192527_3k.jpg

52398511378_9f2c0fddb4_3k.jpg

52398015411_3da38db059_3k.jpg

Anna is using SDGr hands here, which are a bit larger than her defaults. I think it makes her look a bit more mature, because the SD13 body seems a bit immature for Anna. I.e. it's meant to embody a young teen as opposed to an 18 year old.

52397503997_df3df4c42b_3k.jpg

52398444010_a7eae0aae3_3k.jpg

52398052416_628a804ada_3k.jpg

• Like 4

monkeypizzasonic

My girls are here and I love them! I wanna try some different outfits on but probably not until I get back from vacation. The SDGr boy is gonna be Kristoff, I just need to work on his outfit. 

20221007_155903.jpg

20221007_155909.jpg

20221007_160326.jpg

• Like 2

BeyondTime
17 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

The SDGr boy is gonna be Kristoff, I just need to work on his outfit. 

Anna looks happy next to him, and Elsa is just looking like she knows she's sexier than both of them combined. 

You never know, we might get a Kristof SD17 announcement in the next year. I'm a bit skeptical that Volks is done with Frozen - it's a license to print money. 

Project

I got mine but I need to put Anna's eye back in place as it fell out lol, easy enough though.

marishade

My Elsa is in "play clothes" right now, also switched to the flat feet legs. The more I see Anna, the more I feel I will need to get her in the future, she really is cute.

20221007_161610.jpg

• Like 3

BeyondTime
39 minutes ago, marishade said:

My Elsa is in "play clothes" right now, also switched to the flat feet legs.

She's like a 1950s starlet, the first thought I had was Monroe. Nicely done.

• Like 1

lardroom

Finally opened Elsa. She's gorgeous and I'm very happy with her. Wish they'd release a coronation dress version of Elsa too.

BeyondTime
14 hours ago, lardroom said:

Finally opened Elsa. She's gorgeous and I'm very happy with her. Wish they'd release a coronation dress version of Elsa too.

It's a great dress, but idk, she looked pretty unhappy in that one.😂

49788959-2239-4E6C-84B0-6AA7B5DA8BA9.jpeg.be566d0417efc8dec6b944791d088ccd.jpeg

My wish would be the Anna birthday song dress: 

29F9AA9F-8157-4441-93F4-88855BA01200.jpeg.b97efcd8f69432f821a4693d06a22a5a.jpeg

monkeypizzasonic

I think they'd be more likely to make alternate outfits for the Frozen girls and concentrate on bringing out more of the classic princesses as dolls. If they make Kristoff I feel like they'd have to make at least a few of the other princes and idk if they want to commit to that.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I think they'd be more likely to make alternate outfits for the Frozen girls and concentrate on bringing out more of the classic princesses as dolls. If they make Kristoff I feel like they'd have to make at least a few of the other princes and idk if they want to commit to that.

I'd be less inclined to think of male releases as likely in their DD line, but males are popular of the SD side. The question is, is Kristof popular enough for a release? 

I really do hope they do alternate outfits. The Frozen Fever outfits and Frozen II outfits would be awesome releases. 

finnleo
48 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

The question is, is Kristof popular enough for a release?

actually had to check imdb that was that even a character in the movie, so I would hazard a guess as to no? .... carry on.

Although adding my 2cnt to the discussion, I would guess after the more posh pixar cast, the next releases might be more classic disney, Maybe Belle because of the ammount of VHS tapes sold back in the day. Snow white is getting a live action re-do so thats a contender ... maleficient and sleeping beauty would make a nice duo release.

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, finnleo said:

actually had to check imdb that was that even a character in the movie, so I would hazard a guess as to no? .... carry on.

Anna’s goofy boyfriend who had an unnatural relationship with his pet caribou.

Just so it’s clear, not Anna's homicidal maniac boyfriend who tried to murder her sister. 

finnleo
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Anna’s goofy boyfriend who had an unnatural relationship with his pet caribou.

my semi sarcastic point was that the guy's is forgettable enough that after a single watch of the movie some years ago someone isnt even sure about his name.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, finnleo said:

my semi sarcastic point was that the guy's is forgettable enough that after a single watch of the movie some years ago someone isnt even sure about his name.

My point was, Anna has questionable taste in men. 😂

I wasn't trying to dispute that he wasn't memorable to you. It was just an opportunity to poke fun at Anna. 

Tasuke

Everybody seems to love throwing shade upon Redheads. Poor things... 🥺

1785893850e391be2d8c799c469eaa7f.jpg?wid

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Tasuke said:

Everybody seems to love throwing shade upon Redheads. Poor things... 🥺

I am a redhead, or at least I was until age started robbing me of my hair color... I'm just throwing shade on Anna because her choice in men made for good humor.

monkeypizzasonic
On 10/12/2022 at 1:56 PM, finnleo said:

Although adding my 2cnt to the discussion, I would guess after the more posh pixar cast, the next releases might be more classic disney, Maybe Belle because of the ammount of VHS tapes sold back in the day. Snow white is getting a live action re-do so thats a contender ... maleficient and sleeping beauty would make a nice duo release.

This confused me for a sec because what Pixar? But I think maybe you're confused - not all 3D animated Disney movies are Pixar, Pixar is its own separate brand under the Disney license with its own studio. The only Pixar Disney princess so far is Merida from Brave. 

Me being a massive nerd aside, I feel like Volks is probably just going to stick to making the Princesses. Having other characters like the princes and the villains works in the normal Disney Designer doll lines where they're in the $100-300 range and still somewhat affordable; but I don't think either company is gonna bank on a substantial amount of people shelling out $1,000+ for a Kristoff or a Maleficent or what have you. I mean some people would, just most likely not enough of them to be profitable. 

...Although I could maybe see them doing some Villains-themed one-offs at a fall Dolpa for charity auctions or something like that. 

• Like 1

finnleo
21 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

not all 3D animated Disney movies are Pixar, Pixar is its own separate brand under the Disney license with its own studio.

mmm, well... oddly enough Disney animation studios started producing pure disney branded 3D animed theater films after buying pixar.

while yes, the two are different brands under the same mickey mouse umbrella, but I do suspect most of the brains with the Disney 3D animated stuff came from Pixar.

but lets split hairs.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Me being a massive nerd aside, I feel like Volks is probably just going to stick to making the Princesses. Having other characters like the princes and the villains works in the normal Disney Designer doll lines where they're in the $100-300 range and still somewhat affordable; but I don't think either company is gonna bank on a substantial amount of people shelling out $1,000+ for a Kristoff or a Maleficent or what have you. I mean some people would, just most likely not enough of them to be profitable. 

Part of me feels like you are probably right, but at the same time SD17 Boys are hugely popular. I think Volks can make Kristoff with little risk... if they want to. 

monkeypizzasonic
3 hours ago, finnleo said:

mmm, well... oddly enough Disney animation studios started producing pure disney branded 3D animed theater films after buying pixar.

while yes, the two are different brands under the same mickey mouse umbrella, but I do suspect most of the brains with the Disney 3D animated stuff came from Pixar.

but lets split hairs.

I'm sure the animation departments work together; to me the difference is the writing. Pixar films have a different vibe from the main "Disney animation" movies, they're a lot more personal and often go into deep topics that mainline Disney films wouldn't be as blatant about (there are exceptions obviously but yeah).

They are very separate things in my head because if I see "Walt Disney Animation Studios" in front of a film I think "oh this will be fun! maybe some feelings but mostly fun!"; whereas if I see "Pixar Studios" in front of a film I think "oh no I am most likely going to cry like a little b*tch. possibly several times. help."  Which is why I care about the difference because I am an over-emotional dork that already has too many feelings and I do not need more.

...but anyways. Yeah. Frozen is not Pixar. I only care because I am a giant nerd. As established.

I mean Merida would be a fun doll (archery accessories!) but I think her face shape might be hard to translate accurately to an SD sculpt. (Also I'm pretty sure Pixar is still independent enough to have it's own licensing department like Marvel and Star Wars so idk if she'd even be included in the deal Disney and Volks have going or if they'd have to go through more legal stuff and I'll just shut up now)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1