Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks SD - Disney Frozen Collaboration.

lardroom

Elsa and Anna ordered on VolksUSA. Let's goooooo.

• Like 2

monkeypizzasonic

I just ordered them as well. My parents were confused that I wasn't up at midnight ordering them lol.

• Like 2

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I just ordered them as well. My parents were confused that I wasn't up at midnight ordering them lol.

Congrats, glad to hear it. Elsa was 12:01 AM, and Anna 12:02 AM. I’d have been faster, but I stopped to write them a short thank you note. 🤣

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Ui-
On 3/4/2022 at 11:52 AM, abs2891 said:

I think for once, because they knew demand would be high, they just decided to make it a preorder - get all the frozen $$ they can haha - Disney might have even asked for these gals to be preorder.  The DSD size being limited because they anticipated them being less popular but making these unlimited makes sense in a way.  It should not change, but I would think there is the risk of delivery getting delayed if orders are higher than they have planned for production already, similar to what happened with the preorders for the resin ladies last spring (Lucia, Charlotte, and Lieselotte). 

My Lucia kept getting delayed so much. And the extra parts (including her freaking $160 painted hands…. Which are freaking gorgeous) kept getting pushed back. Finally got them and the flat legs for SDgr. 

I have to wait until May 1st to get these ladies, so I’m terrified. Lol. Not getting another doll this year lol. Depends on what they do in December 😂

I’m so excited for them but I’m so scared too 😂

• Like 2

Ui-

Oh my god. Thank the lords they didn’t go down. I just got them on the 27th. Didn’t have to wait as long as I thought. 

THE LUCK IS REALLLL. 

so they say they’re shipping in Autumn, but… I’ll probably get mine next year 😂

Important question: 

Does anyone have any estimate of how much Anna is going to cost on the aftermarket (Mandarake, etc.)? I wasn’t able to get her. I spent too much at Sakura Con and I’m $100-200 short, can’t remember exactly. 

I did want to get Elsa though, because she’s already the most expensive (1237.70 with shipping roflll more expensive than Lucia by $233 lol). 

I am sooo excited. At least the pre-order gives me time to put away some cash for Anna when they’re released. 

they’re so beautiful 😢 

marishade

I think it will depend on how many pre-orders were made and the demand for them once they are released. Most Volks dolls go up a little on the aftermarket but it really depends. Rapunzel did not go up too much.

Ui-
39 minutes ago, marishade said:

I think it will depend on how many pre-orders were made and the demand for them once they are released. Most Volks dolls go up a little on the aftermarket but it really depends. Rapunzel did not go up too much.

I think these will be more, but yeah I know what you mean. I just think these will be way more popular. 

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Volks will be offering SDGr girl leg and hand parts in Alabaster (Elsa) and Pinkish Fair (Anna) starting May 29th. 

I don't know for certain if SDGr legs fit SD13, because as far as I know there are some differences, but I don't think they'd be offering these if they didn't. I'm not sure which feet Anna comes with by default, but iirc the norm for SD13 is flat feet. I'm going to email Volks USA and ask a few questions. 

Pretty sure leg changes will require restringing the doll. 

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_220529_SDGR_PARTS/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

lardroom

Thanks. Keep us updated on the spare parts. I'll probably grab them all for both Elsa and Anna. Going to have to learn to restring dolls now since with Elsa and Anna the resin dolls will outnumber the vinyl ones (at least until Y'Shtola arrives).

Speaking of which, VolksUSA just shipped my DearSD Elsa.

BeyondTime
13 hours ago, lardroom said:

Going to have to learn to restring dolls now since with Elsa and Anna the resin dolls will outnumber the vinyl ones (at least until Y'Shtola arrives).

Get a stringing tool from Volks. Smaller dolls will have a different model stringing tool, but idk about Dear SD

Usually partial disassembly can be achieved just by unhooking the head and pulling the string through. In SDGr I think you unhook the feet and pull it through both legs, but I've never tried that on my Bell. SD16 is unhooked at the knees. 

Misuka

I could try to resocket the SDGr into SD13 however off the top of my head I don't believe it will work so that the doll will be able to stand: the SDGr hip ball is smaller than SD13 and slightly different proportions. If you didn't care about the doll standing and wanted it for aesthetic reasons, you might be able to get away with it. I can double check later this weekend to be sure, but I would off the top of my head say no, it doesn't work. 

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Misuka said:

but I would off the top of my head say no, it doesn't work. 

I did email Volks USA and ask, but that was late Friday. I don't expect a response until Monday or Tuesday. I thought SD13 had heel parts and not leg parts?

Misuka

SD13 has a foot that is flat but can angle to accept some heels, it however does not have a curved heel foot the same way SDGr has, like in this link: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_220529_SDGR_PARTS/4518992439266.html

for instance, an SD13 can wear these heels, as the slope is just a flat angled slope: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992438177.html

Basically, if you want extreme heels, you need SDGr legs, otherwise you get a shorter heel. There are more shoe options for SD/SD13 due to its age and share with other sized dolls, it's basically the industry standard. SDGr dolls many (but not all) with both 'flat' and 'heeled' options that can be swapped out and the doll needs to be restrung to do this. I hope this wasn't too confusing.

milkytea

There is an SD/SD13 high heel foot, but it’s FCS only and lacks the ankle stability of the lower leg. I wonder if that’s why they’re offering the leg part instead?

BeyondTime

Volks USA confirmed that the SDGr legs won’t work on Anna. 

• Thanks 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome

my DSD Elsa is here and this is the one place I haven't yet spammed with photos lol 

0AE2BE9D-FFDB-48E2-B3AB-6B9EE457EAF3.jpeg.7451babc4033cec285c9420d36027892.jpeg

She's adorable! I didn't bother deboxing her stock or wig since It'll be sold off ASAP, admittedly I'm not really a fan of Frozen but I absolutely loved Elsa's sculpt and faceup so I had to have her. Sadly her new eyes and clothes haven't arrived yet so I only have her wig, but regardless I adore her. I love how blushy she is and I love her lil button nose lol

The new option hands are precious too, fingers crossed that Volks will make them in the standard SD skintones eventually because these are the only extra DSD hands they've made so far. They're so chubby and the lil finger dimples are killing me!!

2C8AD0E4-FB9B-4194-9405-776A1A96B9A8.jpeg.b351be28a6ffaabe57e4338fb7e05336.jpeg

• Like 3

Anna-neko

@Mizuumi-no-Otome, she is A~D~O~R~A~B~L~E

wow, love her lil blush freckles!

PS: completely random, but before even loading this page, saw these photos on Tumblr ... like, its on a rando feed like to look at it, and there she is!

Mizuumi-no-Otome
17 hours ago, Chise said:

@Mizuumi-no-Otome, she is A~D~O~R~A~B~L~E

wow, love her lil blush freckles!

PS: completely random, but before even loading this page, saw these photos on Tumblr ... like, its on a rando feed like to look at it, and there she is!

Thank you!! 

That's so funny! I kinda posted her everywhere immediately, partially because I haven't seen many photos of her in the English-speaking BJD community yet and also because I just love her so much lol 

monkeypizzasonic

Is there somewhere that says which hand parts the SD Anna and Elsa come with? I thought I saved the details somewhere but I can't find it for the life of me.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Is there somewhere that says which hand parts the SD Anna and Elsa come with? I thought I saved the details somewhere but I can't find it for the life of me.

Elsa's comes with a set of custom hands, and SDGr-H-01. Anna comes with SD-H-09

• Like 1

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, Ui- said:

Blahhhh I want my Elsa 😂

Shipment from Volks USA is supposed to be in Fall, so we're right on top of it. 

• Thanks 1

marishade

I am impatient too! The extra leg parts and hands I ordered for her arrived yesterday. . . So ready for her to get here!

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Volks USA has confirmed early to mid October for shipping. 

Elsa and Anna will be home for the holidays. 

• Like 2

lardroom

Yeah, I got my e-mail assuring me that Elsa and Anna are on schedule for mid-October. Glad I ordered those spare SD Gr hands and feet from Volks.