Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

kyojie011

Who is your unicorn??

Kodama

Right now, I'm drooling over the Sakrua DD from Sakura Wars that may be up for release by the end of the summer...

Would love a Saber Alter, but the after market is too pricey for my blood.

A Yoko would be nice, I like her face sculpt..

But the DD Mio has a certain appeal, too...

( I need to win a Lottery (money))

Anriko

Funny enough, at the moment I don't actually have any particular unicorns. For a while, Feena was my unicorn back when I was still pretty new to the hobby, but I lucked into her through a very nice seller who was willing to hold her through my next payday. That said, if Volks ever did release Rider as a DD that would change pretty fast.

xsoverload

For me, the only one that I look for when I visit Japan is Tama-nee/Kousaka Tamaki. I think pictures of Tama-nee was what got me to cave to this rather expensive hobby.

leitan

when i joined this site, i THOUGHT my unicorn was 2008 edition cosplay Rei Ayanami. someone persuaded me to buy the 2004 transfer student Ayanami. i managed to buy both and...if i did not own the '04 Ayanami, i now realized she would be the ultimate unicorn. i like my 2008 DD but my 2004 one is just the best. strange how these things work out...

currently, there are about 10 DDs i like enough to have on a "wishlist", but none i would consider a unicorn. i already have my unicorn! the only hobby unicorns i have right now are offtopic (not DD) items such as certain figures, offtopic dolls etc.

if Volks were ever to release a Satori Komeiji, Ran Yakumo, Mayuri Shiina or Ruka Urushibara DD, those four characters could be potential grails... but i personally think there is a slim to none chance of those characters becoming official DD (maybe the Touhou charas have a chance)

Waynio

Can't say i have a unicorn ince most of the character dolls aren't form any of my really fav animes. If i had to name a unicorn. I'd say Airi to be one since she was the first one I'd had ever seen, and then i guess Original ver. Aoi just cause i fell in love with her after seeing Danny Choo's post about her on his site, plus she's the first girl i ever got to bring home.

Wayne

JChiibs

For a very long time I didn't think I would find a girl who would qualify for unicorn status because I much prefer doing custom kids. When Haruka Amami came out I knew that she was adorable and I would have gotten her if there was some way of managing it, but alas it was utterly impossible. Since then when she pops up occasionally my heart skips a few beats at that huge grin and the pangs of longing set in. Then a very dangerous idea set in today... what if she were to be put on an MDD body with Parabox elf ears?

I'm still not entirely sure if she has obtained "unicorn" status for me yet, but she is significantly headed in that direction all the time.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

RedLion

Right now, I dont think I have any "unicorns" yet, and with KOS-MOS coming there's no reason to saddle up and search....yet. :p

kyojie011
what if she were to be put on an MDD body with Parabox elf ears?

~Sister Kyoya

that would result to a very cute little fairy!!!

Amara77

I don't know if I've been in the hobby long enough to have a unicorn but Yoko is on top of my list and I've missed out on twice now. I would really like to have Beatrice, Kan'u and Mio but I haven't been actively seeking them yet, as I know the first two are way out of my price range right now. I have a few heads coming that I really wanted and I'm pretty happy with them!

Now the real hunt will begin for bodies lol

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

MrFjmg03

My true unicorn is Sasara, but I know I will never be able to have her. She is to expensive even when is just the head. Sometimes when I see one for sale I'm so tempt to use my credit card to buy her but unfortunately I know my economic limitations. I can't and will never be able to afford a DD that cost more than $800 . Who am I kidding?? I can afford a DD or bjd that cost more than $600. So far all my bjds and my only DD haven't pass the $400 mark. I have bills to pay, college loans to pay, groceries to buy and much more to do with that money. To top all that I don't have the best job. I'm a substitute teacher

Misheru

Yeah, there are certain DDs I would like to have but their prices have gone out of the range of what I would pay for a single doll. I have never been able to justify paying a price like that for one doll when I could get 2/3/4 others that I like almost as much. It isn't logical in my head for me personally. I know that is different for others.

KOS-MOS would have been the only exception. For many reasons. There is one of two other characters that *might* fall into that category. I thought the Idolm@ster girls would, but when I didn't win in the lotteries, I decided that they just weren't meant for me - at least not now.

Yoko was once on my 'never thought it would happen' list and I got her one day at a crazy good price. If that could happen for Mio now, I would be thrilled. She is probably the one on top of my 'previously released'-wish list. But I am not going to head out to pay a ton.

I think all dolls have value and beauty and can be happy with almost anyone. I know many folks feel differently about what they want in a collection. That is what makes a hobby so great - variety and diversity.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

AnnaOctober

Top 5:

#1: Yoko

#2: Shinguji Sakura

#3: Millhiore

#4: Morikawa Yuki

#5: Nia

Beating myself up because I stupidly passed them up when I had chances to order or enter the lotteries through Volks for all of them. TvT Fortunately 2 of my 5 unicorns are still available for near retail price at the after market.

The chances of getting the other 3 seems tricky though. My absolute holy grail always ALWAYS pops up when I'm dead poor. And Nia, while her sculpt's pure love, I kinda hold some grunge for the character, and this is preventing me from getting her before Yoko( stupid fan girl mentality is stupic, but I can't help it).

RaveOfNightmares
I started by obtaining my first unicorn: Mio

Currently my only unicorn would be:

Al Azif

and possibly Etherelda, both from Demonbane as I love the character artwork from the Nitroplus games.

I'm not actively looking for either of them though.

Funny, it seems I'm one of the only ones here who has none of the White Album, To Heart, or Fate girls on their list...

Adding KOS-MOS as a unicorn.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

misskale

Funny, it seems I'm one of the only ones here who has none of the White Album, To Heart, or Fate girls on their list...

Nope you're not the only one. But I hadn't posted in this thread because the only doll I could count as a unicorn is expensive enough it's just not worth thinking about. Specifically Ryomou. And, I couldn't just get her head it would have to be the whole deal. I loved her since I saw her back when she was released.

That said, as much as I like her I also don't know how well she'd fit into my current "group dynamic".

Nigoki
Right now it's Ayanami Rei to fill in my set of three Evangelion girls. She comes up ever now and again, but not yet at a time where I comfortably had the cash lying around. Previously it was Suzumiya Haruhi, but thanks to a fateful find in Nakano Broadway at Christmas, she's now standing right in front of me lording her obvious superiority over all who meet her gaze .

Time to figure my next unicorn, as of this afternoon Rei is now standing in her rightful place between Asuka and Mari .

baldylox
Time to figure my next unicorn, as of this afternoon Rei is now standing in her rightful place between Asuka and Mari .

Oh nice! Congrats on getting your Rei! Which version did you get?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

LordNoir

Congratulations on getting Rei.

I admit, I haven't felt much of a draw from many of the character girls, except one.

My unicorn is Akira. There's just something about her that I find so cute.

A crazy fool with a house full of dolls, and ponies, and pony dolls

Now an Official Dealer for SQ Lab!

yama

I'd love to add Alna to my collection but I'm not actively looking for her at the moment. Because... Creamy Mami! ^^:

Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™

sign.png

All Most of my Volks junk.

Hypercurve
Congratulations on getting Rei.

I admit, I haven't felt much of a draw from many of the character girls, except one.

My unicorn is Akira. There's just something about her that I find so cute.

Akira is one of my most fav molds, she's just too cute!!! =3

Hope you can bring her home real soon!

Nigoki

Oh nice! Congrats on getting your Rei! Which version did you get?

Billy

Thanks .

I got the "French Maid" version, unused.

Crystaltiger

My unicorns are

~ Queens Blade Airi

~Yoko

~Tamaki

~Kanu

If any one of these girls were rereleased it'd be the death of my wallet. haha.

aiRreyes

just this 2 xD

DD Tamaki

MDD Kudo

anyone know how much each would cost?

6853819370_62b89ea6a5_t.jpg

Home: ~Soleil~ (DD Sendo Erika) ~Lilith~ (DDS Melty) ~Quinzel~ (DDH-07) ~Haruka~ (DD Mio)

Fujico

I have three main unicorns, really!

• DD Beatrice
    MDD Ushiromiya Maria
    DD Asahina Mikuru (Mikuru's North High School Uniform Set version)

For Mikuru, I really only would want her if I can get her uniform set. I'm not a huge fan of her maid set.

I have a couple "minor" unicorns, too. XD Ones that I want, but they're not really my "dream doll", persay.

• DD Yoko
    DD Saber Extra
    DD Saber Lily
    DD Saber Alter

At Home Saber Alter v.2, M.O.M.O.