The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

leitan

VMF50 & Angel Philia Discussion Thread (nsfw, doll nudity)

Oculae

It looks like the eyes are painted on, rather than inset. 🤔

I wonder if VMF-50 ever did that?

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Testament

Yes, she's VMF50 Risa. The first VMF50s have painted eyes.

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Rneiro
8 hours ago, zaada said:

@Testament and I were talking about Risa earlier in the thread. I bought a tan head spacing on the fact the eyes were painted on. I think I'll get them modded open, just because I like the expression eyes give your doll.  

I’d want to do the same if I had got my hands on a vmf50 Super Sonico head. Her eyes are also painted on.

I looked up the ultra-muscular vmf50 Kanu and compared it to the Volks DDdy Kanu. One is curvy while the other looks like she can kill you with one punch or finger flick! 

zaada
1 minute ago, Rneiro said:

I’d want to do the same if I had got my hands on a vmf50 Super Sonico head. Her eyes are also painted on.

I looked up the ultra-muscular vmf50 Kanu and compared it to the Volks DDdy Kanu. One is curvy while the other looks like she can kill you with one punch or finger flick! 

Spooky you mention that because I bought some tan B parts (The same as vmf50 Kanu) and intended on using the Risa head. It's my 'project' doll. 

Meowjima

I finally purchased my first AP.  Unfortunately, it's a pre-order, so she's not coming until next year.

• Like 1

Rneiro
7 minutes ago, zaada said:

Spooky you mention that because I bought some tan B parts (The same as vmf50 Kanu) and intended on using the Risa head. It's my 'project' doll. 

Teehee

Do you know how tall a body built from an AP hull part set will be? I want my first AP.. Is it 48cm?

I would like to purchase a pre-painted doll instead, but they’re too expensive right now. Plus, I already have plenty of project dolls to work on.

Testament
36 minutes ago, Meowjima said:

I finally purchased my first AP.  Unfortunately, it's a pre-order, so she's not coming until next year.

Congratulations!

Testament
22 minutes ago, Rneiro said:

Teehee

Do you know how tall a body built from an AP hull part set will be? I want my first AP.. Is it 48cm?

I would like to purchase a pre-painted doll instead, but they’re too expensive right now. Plus, I already have plenty of project dolls to work on.

APs and Pink Drops are 48cm tall, 49 if equipped with heel feet. VMF50 are... 50cm tall. The legs are 2 cm shorter in APs.

Rneiro
13 hours ago, Testament said:

APs and Pink Drops are 48cm tall, 49 if equipped with heel feet. VMF50 are... 50cm tall. The legs are 2 cm shorter in APs.

Thank you.. Do you know if there’s a way to mod magnets into AP feet? You know, for future reference.

Also, what ideas do you all have for AP Halloween costumes? I want to print out ears, horns and body armor, but I don’t have any ideas right now.

Rneiro
2 hours ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

I browse that section frequently as items are mis-categorized on a daily basis!

The Japanese-English auto translator is amusing to look at. For example, "thighs" in Japanese is もも (momo). It is directly translated to "peach" in English!

Edited by Rneiro
  • Haha 1

Testament
31 minutes ago, Rneiro said:

Thank you.. Do you know if there’s a way to mod magnets into AP feet? You know, for future reference.

Also, what ideas do you all have for AP Halloween costumes? I want to print out ears, horns and body armor, but I don’t have any ideas right now.

You can buy Obitsu48 flat feet from Parabox (or wait them to appear on Mandarake), they came with magnets embedded in (but they're blanc, not blushed).

On the heeled feet magnets don't work so good.

Or you can disassemble the foot and trying to simply put a magnet inside, in the fingers area. Maybe it's sufficient to hold on a metal plate.

For halloween I have plenty of horns, wings, etc. The only thing I find difficult is changing the eyes...

In the next days I want to try another kind of... costume.

Testament
On 10/20/2021 at 8:36 AM, Testament said:

Aaaaaaaaaand done XD

AM-JKLW7-TwAgsfZ2yNUv_pf168sW4nd7F0fmade

A little preview of the photoset I'm posting on the usual topic.

• Like 3

Rneiro
On 10/20/2021 at 1:36 AM, Testament said:

You can buy Obitsu48 flat feet from Parabox (or wait them to appear on Mandarake), they came with magnets embedded in (but they're blanc, not blushed).

On the heeled feet magnets don't work so good.

Or you can disassemble the foot and trying to simply put a magnet inside, in the fingers area. Maybe it's sufficient to hold on a metal plate.

For halloween I have plenty of horns, wings, etc. The only thing I find difficult is changing the eyes...

I would stick to one of those plastic stands to hold up a doll with heeled feet or do sitting/dangling poses only. I read some comments about Parabox heeled feet from the past online, but I don’t see them on their overseas website.

Awawawawa.. I’m in it for the blushing! I could try doing it myself.. I did buy some new brushes and art supplies from Parabox and Volks last week.

I wonder why AP feet don’t come with magnets.. is it because the sight of shiny metal screws would dirty the daintiness of their feet and makeup? I could also bypass the lack of AP foot magnets with magnetic open shoes.

Now I think it would be too risky and would be an expensive mistake to attempt modification on those pricy pedicured feet! Teehee.. I talked myself out of it.

baldylox
8 hours ago, Testament said:

Aaaaaaaaaand done XD

AM-JKLW7-TwAgsfZ2yNUv_pf168sW4nd7F0fmade

A little preview of the photoset I'm posting on the usual topic.

BEST.

COSTUME.

EVER.

😄<3<3 

Billy

• Haha 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

zaada
On 10/19/2021 at 11:41 PM, Rneiro said:

Teehee

The height is all in the shins but APs are 48cm.

monkeypizzasonic

Dyed AP girl came today! I was gonna go more demon, but she looked really good in the cat vest, so cat demon I guess lol. 

(Problem is i also recently got DD boy and 2 Tinyfox in so idk how much attention i can give her right now. Have to take them all for proper shoots sometime.)

20211023_163020.jpg

• Like 1

MaleficentMrsofEvil

@monkeypizzasonic WOW! She looks so cool!

I got AP feet and the lower torso (F-type), and while it doesn't seem to match the "whitey" skin tone of my 50-cm Obitsu doll, who's going to see under clothing? I think it's the blushing. Thighs are coming in soon. The heel feet are so cute! They have little painted toes! Now I've got to figure out how to swap them out. Ugh. I'm dreading taking that doll apart again...

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

Now I've got to figure out how to swap them out. Ugh. I'm dreading taking that doll apart again...

It’s not hard to do, but be careful because it’s easy to break the ankle piece, which is much harder to replace (at least for me it was).

Unscrew the feet, replace with heel feet, screw back in. Note that it screws into plastic and not a metal internal thread, so once it starts to feel tight, STOP. If you keep tightening it, it will break the plastic and you’ll have to replace the ankle piece, which is an extra $20 and requires superhuman strength to remove from the shins (even with a hairdryer).

• Thanks 1

dunceclown

Quick newbie question! I want to switch out my girls torso part, but I'm not sure to do it! I assume you can just pull the legs off after heating it up a bit, but having confirmation would be nice (and any tips!) thanks in advance!

ragnamuffin
59 minutes ago, dunceclown said:

Quick newbie question! I want to switch out my girls torso part, but I'm not sure to do it! I assume you can just pull the legs off after heating it up a bit, but having confirmation would be nice (and any tips!) thanks in advance!

Yes, heat up the lower part of the torso and pull the legs out of the waist part, then gently push the waist part into the torso so you can pull the torso off. @K-2 has a really good tutorial on how to do this on Den of Angels.

This is easier to do with an AP torso than an Obitsu torso because the openings are larger and the skin is softer on the AP, but you don’t have to worry about the heat potentially ruining the blushing on a stock Obitsu part.