Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MaxArcher

Outfits that stain.

BeyondTime

Checking the name again, the Japanese name is 白虎の衣, which is just White Tiger set. When Volks had the English page up on the web site's store, it was White Tiger of the West (which is also on my receipt) and Vermillion Bird of the South (朱雀の衣) for the other set :/ I'll post about that one later.

It sort of just clicked with me that the outfit names are references to Japanese mythology. http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/ssu-ling.shtml

They may have added the extra text for westerners who wouldn't recognize or discover the mythological reference from just "White Tiger."

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

I've had starpiece memories on my Makoto Kikuchi since it I got it from the after event.

She may have gotten a bleed through stain from one of the blue stars on the jacket. There isn't any stain on the jackets white liner in the same spot. She also has a stain that looks like it came from one of the black threads on the skirt. It's the stitching near the waist hook, and it's in exactly the same spot as the stain.

As a follow up it looks like my Chihaya got a bleed through stain from the blue while in her own star-piece memories. She had it on for the same amount of time as Makoto, but the stain is in a different spot. None of the other pieces of the outfit stained either doll, but the blue stars and lines on the body can stain through the white liner.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

foo

About the Vermillion Bird of the South (朱雀の衣) set,

27031394343_bd470492e9_z.jpg

Vermilion Melty by bodolza, on Flickr

I tested the socks on a spare DD2 foot overnight. IT STAINED ALL OVER. Yikes. I washed them several times, but then I also cut the bottom half of a body suit off and made Melty wear that under the socks. In the end, no stains on Melty from those. I found that I never wanted to use a full body suit, but cutting it up for parts works great.

For the rest of the set, the leather parts are naturally dangerous, especially the leather belt type thing on the top,

vermillion-bird-top-leather.jpg

Put some stain protection tape on the doll's back where the leather that wraps around the buckle touches.

You get two options for the mesh that goes under the top, a black one (pictured above) and a white one,

vermillion-bird-white-top.jpg

I had her wearing the black one for several weeks and spot checked it frequently, and it was safe (I did put tape under her armpits where I thought there'd be tight contact). But then the weather suddenly got very hot and a black skirt that Miku was wearing for a few weeks suddenly stained her, so I decided to put the white one on Melty for a while. About a month ago I put the black one back on (weather was still pretty warm), and finally took it off now. There's a few stain spots, these two,

vermillion-bird-stains-side.jpg

I think that's because the pose she had was putting pressure there. This is the stuff on the back,

vermillion-bird-stains-back.jpg

The bottommost mark is from the leather buckle. It was actually a clean black line before, so it's already faded by itself.

You can see some discolouration where the stain prevention tape was under the armpit, but I think it's just coming through because it's an ISO 3200 photo (sensitivity boost), normally you can't see it. I think I just need to clean the tape residue off.

Melty's currently getting her skin bleached relaxing in the spa 098eb4a5.gif

BeyondTime

You can see some discolouration where the stain prevention tape was under the armpit, but I think it's just coming through because it's an ISO 3200 photo (sensitivity boost), normally you can't see it. I think I just need to clean the tape residue off.

My experience with those tape marks is that they go away on their own after a little time. Not sure what causes them, but they seem to be a temporary reaction to the chemicals in the tape.

Innocentsake

Just took off the geta boots from the Senbonzakura set that I had on Yuri (Saber Lily) for a month without socks on. It left dark spots all over her feet with the worst being her heels & tops of her feet . She had leggings on so her legs weren't stained. Just thought I would note this in case anyone wanted to know

Yukamina

^^^ thanks for the heads up on the Senbonzakura boots.

Does anyone know if the Volks clothing tags stain? They have black thread in them and I've always felt wary about them, but it'd be nice to know for sure.

BeyondTime

I've never seen a tag stain. It's ironic that the the outfits stain, but the Volks brand tag is stain free...

jadepixel

I haven't yet had a Volks tag stain. I have acquired some second-hand outfits where the previous owner had taped duct tape all over the tag (presumably to prevent staining) and in cases where my doll is going to wear the outfit for a while I've done this myself just in case.

archangeli
I haven't yet had a Volks tag stain. I have acquired some second-hand outfits where the previous owner had taped duct tape all over the tag (presumably to prevent staining) and in cases where my doll is going to wear the outfit for a while I've done this myself just in case.

DUCT TAPE?! Even if you manage to get that off it will leave adhesive residue behind forever.

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Gabriel

I use the Dollfie tape on the tags. In fact, I think there's a Volks tutorial of some sort which says to do that.

At some point they started putting the tags on the bodysuits. The first one I bought from them didn't have a tag, but the next two did.

toughstermcg

I haven't done it yet, but since I don't have a roll of official Volks tape at the moment, I've been considering using masking tape for things like the insides of shoes. I'm a big fan of masking tape in general because, on most surfaces, it comes right off no fuss and residue-free when you're done using it. I don't plan on using it for any direct contact with the vinyl (socks and bodysuits etc), but is there any reason this might be a bad idea?

Jezrah

I have had trouble in the past with masking tape leaving residue after an extended amount of time, like on walls/posters. So I prefer using white medical tape, the gentle paper tape that comes off your skin without pulling.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Yumeiro
I have had trouble in the past with masking tape leaving residue after an extended amount of time

On clothes or shoes..?

Using the tape directly on your doll, I can understand. But when using the tape on the clothes - as in the glue side on the clothes (like I think is being discussed) - is that what you are saying?

Jezrah
I have had trouble in the past with masking tape leaving residue after an extended amount of time

On clothes or shoes..?

Using the tape directly on your doll, I can understand. But when using the tape on the clothes - as in the glue side on the clothes (like I think is being discussed) - is that what you are saying?

No, more like mazking tape doesn't leave residue on the wall at first, but does over time, so I didn't trust it to try it at all on clothes. Thus my alternative solution.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

foo

If the tag is made of polyester it won't stain, and considering the tight, strong weave it has I highly doubt it's cotton. Then the question is if the black thread is dyed cotton or polyester again. I took a photo,

VS-tag.jpg

100% crop:

VS-tag-crop.jpg

That looks like plastic to me, not dyed cotton If your VS tag stains and you've lived to tell the tale, consider yourself lucky. I mean lucky as in, you got a prize! Like a battle scar.

I haven't done it yet, but since I don't have a roll of official Volks tape at the moment, I've been considering using masking tape for things like the insides of shoes.

I do put masking tape on the inside of shoes wherever its not white, and usually on the doll's feet too. You still have to be careful though because stuff can stain through the tape.

Yukamina

Thanks for all the feedback on the tag! Sometimes I take precautions, but sometimes I don't (lazy I guess) so it's good to know I'm not risking my DDs by leaving the tag as is.

Yukamina

So the black vinyl material on Len's outfit stains. I didn't think it would since I had tested a similar type of material in the past, but my boy had his arm bent for a couple days and got a stain when the black touched his arm.

Lawrence Elsa

Does the Dollfie bunny suit cause stains if its the black one? if so, how do you prevent staining?

Lawrence Elsa

Thank you very much. That was the one I was talking about!

Oni-Chan

30448493994_5465815093_z.jpgVolks msd jeans by Shoujo Magic, on Flickr

I washed the volks msd jeans as soon as they arrived, by hand in a bucket with normal washing powder. left it to soak half a day (no dye came out) and left them to dry 2 days standing upright and then put them on Yumiko.

No stains for me.

Shes been standing, sitting, kneeling and in rooms with various cold and hot weather temperatures.

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

Yukamina

It turns out the Mikuzukin set stains. The red fabric stained my girl's shoulder. The outfit is lined, but where the sleeves are sewn on, the red fabric can come in contact with the vinyl.

Mario
It turns out the Mikuzukin set stains. The red fabric stained my girl's shoulder. The outfit is lined, but where the sleeves are sewn on, the red fabric can come in contact with the vinyl.

Oh god, I was actually going to post a picture about this before I left the country! ><

Now I feel so bad I should of remembered!

Yes, the shoulder seams do not have a proper white line so it stains pretty badly around there.

Mimiyo3

Yeah, I've washed my mikuzukin set 3 times and it's still a problem, not as bad sure, but still. I just put a T-shirt on the girl before hand and that kept Rinny-kins safe this halloween!

xcHMSPN.jpg

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko