Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Averis

What Anime are you watching?

Nightmare Tea

Ok, i'm crying like a baby right now because of Ano Hana's ending!

It is a must watch, it's so good!

Gonna watch Angel Beats next!

JoltFiend
With the recent TV season having come to a close, I've finished up the last three shows I was following: Wagnaria II, Fate/Zero, and The Idolm@ster.

Yesterday I started with Rozen Maiden, an older Geneon release that I'd been curious about for a while. It was recently license rescued with the OVAs thrown in as a bonus. So far (at 6 eps in) it's about some mischievous dolls, so people here might like it ^_^.

I liked Rozen Maiden when I had watched it the first time around. I like to think that I was a fan of Suiseiseki before the whole "desu" thing blew up on the internets.

I have the Geneon release in the nice velvet(?) box, but I may pick up the re-relase so I can have the OAVs.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

MaxArcher

I'm rewatching Rozen Maiden too, partly because my GF hadn't seen it, and partly because I couldn't pass up $30 for the new DVD set that just came out a few weeks ago. I was a big Suigintou fan, although oddly enough I'm learning to appreciate Shinku a lot more this time around.

Currently we're watching our way through the Kenshin TV series. I never watched it back when it was big, and the GF was a big fan, so with a new series coming we had to watch it.

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

SakuraSylph

Heh, indeed, I see what you mean about Suiseiseki's adding the emphasized DESU to the end of most sentences, whether customary grammar calls for it or not. Her behavior felt over the top to me at first, but I'll admit she has grown on me over time as she's settled down just a tad. Sui's picking on Hina has a decidedly more loving undertone this much into the show, even though she still does it. So far at the halfway point of Traumend.

Shinku is thus far my favorite of the dolls, and she was right from the beginning, but that's unsurprising since she fit my image of what a living lolita doll would be like. Her high standards match her classy outfit.

So far Rozen Maiden is turning out a lot different than I expected going in (not bad, just different). From the description I had imagined their dueling Alice Game to play a larger role, something like Angelic Layer with victorian dolls. Shoulda paid attention that the story was by Peach-Pit and thus expected a harem anime like DearS!

SakuraSylph

Mikuo_Hatsune

Amagami SS+ for now

was watching Idolm@ster before

looking forward to the new anime starting this week, like BRS

Talolili

I'm watching High School Of The Dead, it was a gift from my mom. It's very interesting to say the least.

SakuraSylph

Finished up Rozen Maiden, then also watched all of Fate/Stay Night, as far as DVD shows go. Haven't decided what to go for next here.

Currently trying out Moreitsu Pirates and Symphogear, out of the currently airing shows, to see if either are any good. So far I find the former promising and the latter lacking, although I'm keeping an open mind.

SakuraSylph

kymaera

Last thing that I watched was Samurai Harem (Asu no Yoichi). Before that, I watched To Love Ru.

Intend to get caught up on Fate Zero and the second season of the World God Only Knows on Crunchyroll when I get finished with the non-anime boxsets I'm watching (House and Battlestar Galactica).

littlebearries
I'm watching High School Of The Dead, it was a gift from my mom. It's very interesting to say the least.

I just started watching this on Netflix!

A *LOT* of fan service going on in this anime, lol!

Regardless... I was really impressed with how they've stuck with very traditional Zombie rules... so I think I'll keep watching it I do love me some zombie movies... although I have to say, I just hit the episodes where they ended up at the Doctor's friend's house... and the fan service was getting to the point of just stupid.

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

JoltFiend

I just finished watching IdolM@ster. I didn't think it would be a series I'd watch, but with a number of friends who cosplay and do performances from that game, I figured I'd give it a shot.

For the new stuff, I'm watching Kill Me Baby and Nisemonogatari.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Talolili

I just started watching this on Netflix!

A *LOT* of fan service going on in this anime, lol!

Regardless... I was really impressed with how they've stuck with very traditional Zombie rules... so I think I'll keep watching it I do love me some zombie movies... although I have to say, I just hit the episodes where they ended up at the Doctor's friend's house... and the fan service was getting to the point of just stupid.

There sure is a lot of fan sevice in it! That's the main thing that bothers me, I mean a little is fine, but I feel that they're going overboard with it in H.O.T.D. I also thought maybe it bothers me so much because I'm female but some guys have been complaining online about it too. Ain't that a surprise?

Halcyon

I'm currently watching Another and Natsume Yuujinchou Shi.

A doll shown in episode two of Another is gorgeous! She closely resembles Mei Misaki, the mysterious girl with the eye patch (Mei's persona is similar to Rei's from NE). I'm not the least disappointed with this series thus far.

mei.jpg

Mei Misaki

VA: Natsumi Takamori

Must keep on watching... and waiting for the next episode T.T

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

littlebearries

There sure is a lot of fan sevice in it! That's the main thing that bothers me, I mean a little is fine, but I feel that they're going overboard with it in H.O.T.D. I also thought maybe it bothers me so much because I'm female but some guys have been complaining online about it too. Ain't that a surprise?

I understand why even guys would complain though... they're taking a really fun, great Zombie storyline and mucking it up with stupidity.

I have no problem with fan service when it's done in a way that doesn't interfere with the story, but this stuff is starting to take away from the story so they can have their horny lady/jiggly boob/panty shot time... and when you've got an interesting story, that's just annoying.

I'm hoping it's more like watching a show on HBO, and once sweeps week is over, they'll tone down the fan service so that, at the very least, it's not interfering with plot.

baldylox

I'm watching "Solty Rei" right now on DVD and it's quite a good show. It has some pretty rough emotional scenes too. The main character gets really beaten down a few times emotionally. I still have 2 discs in the set left to watch so I'm hoping to finish those up this week.

As for HOTD, I loved it! But since I'm a huge fanservice fan, none of that bothered me much. I see that more as comedy than anything else so taken as such, it's more tolerable. I normally *HATE* anything to do with zombies. I can't understand the appeal of them at all and don't see why they are so popular. But this show really does a good job with them. It's the first show I've liked that had a zombie in it.

And Saeko is AWESOME. Just so you know.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

kymaera

I remember liking Solty Rei when I watched it years ago.

I've watched the anime version of HOTD as well as reading the manga. It's definitely full of fan service, but I thought it had a decent storyline. Found the anime a bit disappointing as it just went to a point and stopped rather than really get to a nice ending. Though, that's the problem with adapting an ongoing series. On a semi-related note, did anyone else pick up the color omnibus of the first 4 manga volumes?

aaircrash

I started Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai but I've kind of put it on hold for a while

Wishing Uzuki Shimamura, Rin Shibuya

Owning Miriam (Smart Doll Mirai), Alexia (DDS Marisa Kirisame)

littlebearries

I've watched the anime version of HOTD as well as reading the manga. It's definitely full of fan service, but I thought it had a decent storyline. Found the anime a bit disappointing as it just went to a point and stopped rather than really get to a nice ending. Though, that's the problem with adapting an ongoing series.

BWA HA HA HA, I totally agree... Fruits Basket Anime, anyone, gah!!!

littlebearries
As for HOTD, I loved it! But since I'm a huge fanservice fan, none of that bothered me much. I see that more as comedy than anything else so taken as such, it's more tolerable. I normally *HATE* anything to do with zombies. I can't understand the appeal of them at all and don't see why they are so popular. But this show really does a good job with them. It's the first show I've liked that had a zombie in it.

And Saeko is AWESOME. Just so you know.

Billy

lol, we're coming at this from different angles... I *LOVE* zombie movies... well... horror movies in general. I agree that the fan service is comical, and I actually was cracking up at the bit where the main character shoots the gun while it's propped up on the one girl's boobs... and you get about six million views of the recoil... but when they were in the nurse's friend's house, and there were no zombies, it was just fan service antics, that is what really bothered me. It felt like a different anime plunked into what was a decent zombie series.

edwardsgoldeneyes

I m just curious. Am I only person here who doesnt watch or read anime? I like it - I mean like pictures etc. But never watched. Well I saw few Hentai movies if it is right terminology.

I think anime girls are sometimes so cute and sexy and guyscan be hot. But thats all I "know"

Smart doll Ebony

baldylox
I actually was cracking up at the bit where the main character shoots the gun while it's propped up on the one girl's boobs... and you get about six million views of the recoil... but when they were in the nurse's friend's house, and there were no zombies, it was just fan service antics, that is what really bothered me. It felt like a different anime plunked into what was a decent zombie series.

Ha ha! That recoil shot was hilarious! And it that wasn't ridiculous enuff, Saeko does her back bending antics so the bullet goes flying BETWEEN her huge boobs! Now THAT was just silly.

And yes, the apartment scene was pure fanservice for fanservice sake. But the director of this show is known for his love of fanservice and had been quoted that he wanted even MORE of it in this show! But he was made to reel it in a bit from what he wanted. Can you imagine MORE of it? LOL It might have just been straight hentai if he had his way.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Poofiemus

I've watched the anime version of HOTD as well as reading the manga. It's definitely full of fan service, but I thought it had a decent storyline. Found the anime a bit disappointing as it just went to a point and stopped rather than really get to a nice ending. Though, that's the problem with adapting an ongoing series.

BWA HA HA HA, I totally agree... Fruits Basket Anime, anyone, gah!!!

Oh, totally! The abrupt ending of the anime version seriously bugs me, which is a shame because otherwise it'd be one of my favorites! I need to see if I can find a decent scanlation of the manga so I can finally finish it after all these years; when I first started reading it the main scanlation release bordered on Engrish to the point where I couldn't finish it after I got tired of waiting for Tokyopop. XD

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

kymaera

Don't tell me that I'm going to have to be pulling you out of my stacks of manga, Poofie

*taunts Poofie with a complete set of the manga*

Poofiemus

You evil tease! I'd be tempted to borrow them if I had some efficient way of getting them back to you when I'm done. . . so sucks not having wheels.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

mitsuki

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijō's (His and Her Cirbleepstances) abrupt ending at least had a reason. The mangaka was not happy with how fun and cool the show turned out. He wanted more heavy drama, so he told Gainax no more episodes. Too bad. I think Gainax did a great job.

littlebearries
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijō's (His and Her Cirbleepstances) abrupt ending at least had a reason. The mangaka was not happy with how fun and cool the show turned out. He wanted more heavy drama, so he told Gainax no more episodes. Too bad. I think Gainax did a great job.

True, we were really sad to see the production quality drop on that one for a while... it was almost like watching comic book stills :o

But the end was pretty darn amusing... they really had us going there for a second XD