Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Mirai SmartDoll Info thread (UPDATED)

archangeli

Thanks for this post Billy

Very interesting and super informative! I'm not particularly interested in Mirai's character (and I really dislike the beanie hat and orange shirt, but that's personal taste) so I'd rather wait until Danny is less swamped with pre-order output and maybe just buy a body at that point.

Hubby is very interested in getting one of the robotic dolls, since Danny has said it will be iOS compatible

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Eiko82

Thanks so much for all the information.

Would you be able to post a photo of Mirai's head next to a DD-06 head? I'm curious to see them side by side.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

baldylox
Thanks! Hopefully I can start planning for my own little Mirai-chan!

No problem! I hope things work out so you can get one of your own too!

Thanks for this post Billy Very interesting and super informative! I'm not particularly interested in Mirai's character (and I really dislike the beanie hat and orange shirt, but that's personal taste) so I'd rather wait until Danny is less swamped with pre-order output and maybe just buy a body at that point. Hubby is very interested in getting one of the robotic dolls, since Danny has said it will be iOS compatible

You're welcome! It sounds like a good plan to get just a body from him if you're not into Mirai as a character. You should direct message him on Twitter thru his account or the SmartDoll one and ask about getting just the body/frame setup. He may hook you up with one sooner than he plans to release the fullset Mirais next..... worth a shot, all he can say is no. I'd love the robotic version too but it's nothing I can't live without. So I'll wait and see what else he has coming down the pipeline first ( those tan skinned and black skinned dolls sound cool as hell ) before I make a decision.

Thanks so much for all the information. Would you be able to post a photo of Mirai's head next to a DD-06 head? I'm curious to see them side by side.

You're welcome! I'd be happy to get you a shot of Mirai's head next to an 06. I'm doing pics this weekend of body comparisons and such with her so I'll add that to the list!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mitsuki

This is another wonderful informative thread! Thank you, Billy!

baldylox
This is another wonderful informative thread! Thank you, Billy!

You're welcome!

Billy

mayaiincho

Question. Has anyone measured important 3 sizes Information yet? Particularly such like the large bust, waist and hip? Just so I can figure out whether my Dy class will fit Mirai in her large bust comfortably or downsize a but toward more Dd large instead.

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

baldylox
Question. Has anyone measured important 3 sizes Information yet? Particularly such like the large bust, waist and hip? Just so I can figure out whether my Dy class will fit Mirai in her large bust comfortably or downsize a but toward more Dd large instead.

Here's the official sizing chart Danny provided on his Flickr account:

14357542896_37f611eed8_z.jpgdoll-vector by Danny Choo, on Flickr

Hopefully that helps you out!

Billy

baldylox

UPDATE!

A few people had asked about seeing how Mirai's legs work and how she sits compared to a DD. While doing other pics for Sister Kyoya I decided to do some of her sitting as well.

14786733801_ce294891f2_c.jpgDSC_2399 by balldylox, on Flickr

A close up shows how her legs look while in the sitting position. Her knees do not bend any further in than this tho so she can't do the seiza seated position at all.

14603160400_a0aeda4b56_z.jpgDSC_2400 by balldylox, on Flickr

Another shot showing the legs at full 90 degrees.

14603157740_bd991802cd_c.jpgDSC_2401 by balldylox, on Flickr

She does sit a bit like a DDdy tho if you tilt her chest backwards. But you can easily put her arms back for some support as seen here.

14603155210_ce06d83f30_c.jpgDSC_2402 by balldylox, on Flickr

And now for some Sprout shirt fitment photos for SK! She sent us some of the Sprout shirts she made a while back and she had asked to see them on Mirai so she knows how they look. I have 3 different ones so we'll go from the smallest to largest. We'll also start with the default S-bust and then go to the L-bust.

This is the super short cutoff shirt.

14766865066_feb238536e_c.jpgDSC_2403 by balldylox, on Flickr

Please note the underboob easily seen with this.

"I'm so embarrassed!"

14766859516_28c1d3a787_c.jpgDSC_2405 by balldylox, on Flickr

Next is the medium cut shirt with short sleeves.

14603145410_cc53ef9da7_c.jpgDSC_2407 by balldylox, on Flickr

14787494774_0866dce6c2_c.jpgDSC_2408 by balldylox, on Flickr

And lastly we have the long sleeve version.

"I like this one best!"

14789490592_d552d8d37f_c.jpgDSC_2411 by balldylox, on Flickr

I kinda like this one too.

14603168309_cc23e054de_c.jpgDSC_2413 by balldylox, on Flickr

And now we change Mirai over to her L-bust and go in reverse order for the shirts. Here's the long sleeve shirt on the L-bust.

14809675753_4028c97587_c.jpgDSC_2414 by balldylox, on Flickr

14789832725_63d6d9c982_c.jpgDSC_2415 by balldylox, on Flickr

The bigger boobs do seem to stretch the Sprout image a teensy bit.

14789475902_e7c0d64c1b_c.jpgDSC_2416 by balldylox, on Flickr

The medium shirt fits about the same but has less material on the bottom.

14766828266_79fcae96d2_c.jpgDSC_2418 by balldylox, on Flickr

Side shot.

14603152819_1635af994d_c.jpgDSC_2419 by balldylox, on Flickr

And from underneath! Even tho this is the medium length shirt, the bigger boobs force the bottom out quite a bit.

14603109260_fd4d5f9041_c.jpgDSC_2420 by balldylox, on Flickr

The super short shirt is really tight on her. And short.

14603177508_26afa236ac_c.jpgDSC_2421 by balldylox, on Flickr

SHORT.

14603298857_eedeee9b31_c.jpgDSC_2422 by balldylox, on Flickr

And the amazing underboob!

14809646583_d50007d94b_c.jpgDSC_2425 by balldylox, on Flickr

14766802346_13a16955d8_c.jpgDSC_2427 by balldylox, on Flickr

There we have it. I think the fit of these works very well for her depending on if I want cute, sweet or sexy.

Billy

mayaiincho

baldylox - Thanks for the sizing diagram. If the large is b/t a Dy and L then i guess 26ish cm Just asking b/c since I got Alstro first I have much more Dy sized clothing than medium for Marisa.

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

baldylox

So far I've found that all DDdy clothing I've tried on Mirai fit pretty nicely in the chest. The hips are a little loose tho. As for the DD L-bust sized clothing, all those have fit well too. I think Mirai's L-bust is somewhere between the DDdy and L-bust chest sizes so it will be a bit of a trial and error to see what sizes fit her best. But if you already have plenty of DDdy sized stuff, you should be fine for now.

Billy

UsagiTeatime

Do we know if the head would be able to be on a DD body?

And how much is she running for in USD +Shipping? (guesstimate works. ;D)

I love her face a ton, but I'd make her a custom almost instantly. ^^;

•ViviDollworks Insta•

DDAiryChie  DDAmahaMiuMegumi  DDH06Emi  DDRibbonMaya  ImomoRubyMira  ImomoBeibeiJack Frost
DC24Yukiko Amagi  DC23Chie Satonaka  DDH27Nanako Dojima

baldylox
Do we know if the head would be able to be on a DD body?

Not unless you make the hole in the head bigger around. There are pics showing the difference in size compared to a DD a few pages back so you can see. So once you made the hole bigger, her head would NOT go back onto her body without modifying the head hole somehow.

And how much is she running for in USD +Shipping? (guesstimate works. ;D)

My cost was $660 for Mirai, the extra L-bust and EMS shipping to South Carolina. Deduct about $40 if you don't want the extra bust.

I love her face a ton, but I'd make her a custom almost instantly. ^^;

Nothing wrong with that!

Billy

Totorosan
So far I've found that all DDdy clothing I've tried on Mirai fit pretty nicely in the chest. The hips are a little loose tho. As for the DD L-bust sized clothing, all those have fit well too. I think Mirai's L-bust is somewhere between the DDdy and L-bust chest sizes so it will be a bit of a trial and error to see what sizes fit her best. But if you already have plenty of DDdy sized stuff, you should be fine for now.

Billy

Thank you for the info! I got Mirai in the last pre-order and I was wondering what clothes I should be buying her

Eiko82

This might've already been answered but what size eyes does Mirai have?

I've ordered my Mirai but would love to experiment with different eyes.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Cauldroness

Mirai's defaults are 22mm from Ronronshuka.

I also ordered a Mirai in the most recent pre-order. I sent payment 5 minutes after I got the email, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'm an October shipment and not a November one.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Eiko82

Thanks! It's good to know what eyes I can look for.

Judging by the times between Danny's preorder email and my order confirmation email, I paid him with 45 mins. So I think my girl is in one of the first orders. I'm actually going to Tokyo in 2 weeks so I'm hoping that I can pick her up in person. *fingers crossed*

Cauldroness
Yay! Ordered a Mirai too, with the M bust. I'd love to see her with different eyes, and maybe a new faceup too. So far I've only seen pics of the default version.

Hahaha, that's exactly what I ordered. So glad you go yours!

I'm really hoping Subaru will open her shop at some point in the next few months, I'm dreaming of having her repaint Mirai for me. So hopefully there will be at least one custom Mirai in the world.

Eiko82

It seems most people keep her in default mode. Gotta admit that her default look is pretty cute so I can understand why people keep it. But that wouldn't stop me from buying her other wigs, outfits and eyes. My plan for this girl is to turn her into a grownup version of Chie Satonaka, just like my Rise is a grownup version of Rise Kujikawa.

Cauldroness
I thought Subaru was a guy? Am I wrong?

Oh, no, maybe I'm wrong! Wouldn't be the first time.

UsagiTeatime

Subaru is a girl. ^^

And she is super sweet.

•ViviDollworks Insta•

DDAiryChie  DDAmahaMiuMegumi  DDH06Emi  DDRibbonMaya  ImomoRubyMira  ImomoBeibeiJack Frost
DC24Yukiko Amagi  DC23Chie Satonaka  DDH27Nanako Dojima

Jezrah

Subaru is a girl. ^^

And she is super sweet.

Huh. I wonder where I got that impression from...

ETA: Oh I know, it's her feedback. But rereading it one person did say she.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Cauldroness

I am an October shipment! And not just any October shipment, but in the first batch!

I received my tracking number today. I hope everyone else receives their tracking numbers soon, too!

Eiko82

Wow, that's awesome news. Hope she arrives really fast.

Hope that this means that I'll be able to pick up my order from Danny in October next week or so.