Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Mirai SmartDoll Info thread (UPDATED)

Petunia

How do you order Mirai? When Danny posted on Facebook, that he was accepting orders, I couldn't find the shopping cart anywhere! I want to order Kizuna when she becomes available, but I'm worried I'll miss her too because I don't know what to do and how to order!

Cauldroness

This is how it worked for me:

First, sign up for an account on DannyChoo.com:

http://www.dannychoo.com/

Once you have an account, go to this page:

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27197/Smart+Doll+Shopping+Cart.html

You need to add a comment, asking to be on the email list when Kizuna is made available. We know her order date is Nov 01, so you may want to add a second comment in late October (between October 20 & 30), just so Danny doesn't miss your comment.

When Danny opens orders, he will email you. The email includes a link to the secret order page, along with your access code. When you get the email, you need to order Kizuna as quickly as possible, because your access code will stop working if the doll sells out.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Eiko82

You can also email him at support AT smartdoll DOT jp. That's how I was able to order mine.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Petunia

Thank you so so much!!!

I hope I'll be able to get Kizuna. All my other dolls are so happy-smiley. She would be my first girl with a more "tsun". Really looking forward of the cargo pants that will be available later. I was a little disappointed when I heard she wouldn't be coming with those, but good thing that we can get them later (I usually wear cargo pants myself so...).

Now to decide if I want her with a medium or large bust... She seems like the "large bust-type", but I think a large bust might be too big for my liking.

baldylox

Other ways to make sure you get updates on orders for Mirai and Kizuna are to follow Danny on Twitter. He always updates there quickly and replies there too. You can follow him at:

@dannychoo

@miraisuenaga

@mirairobotics

Hopefully everyone who goes after a Mirai or Kizuna gets one! I know it's hard to do with them being popular.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Eustia

I'm still waiting for Chitose. Not interested in Mirai or Kizuna. Chitose looks lovely, though!

jadepixel

Just got shipping notice for Mirai

I think Chitose will be cute too, especially if she gets a pouty face! I hope they can pull it off, sometimes the pouty mouth like Sasara/Mio/Lucy comes off a bit odd, it's a tricky thing to sculpt.

foo
Mirai arrived! Obligatory late-night photo with crappy kitchen lighting:

Wow, so cute!

baldylox

Wow, it's really neat to see someone change Mirai out of her default wig and eyes! She looks very cool like that Cauldroness!

As a bit of an update, Danny finally released the first wave of Mirai's Summer Uniform outfit. I was lucky enuff to be able to snag one of the last ones too. I'll do a separate post on this outfit that has good detail photos of it but for now I'll leave this teaser of the set on my Mirai for yall to see.

15480750406_cff2267775_c.jpgDSC_3173 by balldylox, on Flickr

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Cauldroness

Hey Mirai owners -- it sounds like option hands are on the way!

Pointing, fist, peace sign, and thumbs up/down!

Petunia

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but does Smart Dolls get stains as easily as DDs? I don't remember hearing anything about them getting stains, like from the jeans they come with.

Cauldroness

I'm pretty sure they can get stains -- I remember Danny posting about it at one point.

From the Smart Doll page: "There is a slight risk of color staining on the thigh when she is sitting down for prolonged periods due to the pressure between the thighs and crotch." and "Due to the nature of the soft vinyl material that Mirai is made of, dark fabric colors will stain on her skin so do not dress her in anything dark."

I think the jeans don't stain because they're high-quality, fairly light in color, and probably heavily washed to remove excess dye.

Eiko82

I'm currently in Tokyo. On Thursday, I picked up my girl from Danny's office and got a chance to meet the man himself. Danny is a really nice guy. He showed us around the office and told us a bit about Smartdoll production. Love how passionate he is about these dolls. I got to see those 3D printed hand prototypes and they looked so cool. I'm very excited about the possibility to change Mirai's hands in the future.

Mirai herself is amazing. She is like a dreamcome true. I love my girl so much. She poses really well and her body is so soft. I can't wait to play with her some more and try out new looks for her once I get home.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Cauldroness

Oh, did you get to see Kizuna, too?

I'm super excited about the optional hands! I want all of them for my girl

Youpla

Hey guys ! Do you know the waiting time for Mirai ? I'm on the waiting list since the beginning of november.

(I hope it's the good thread to ask that ^^)

jadepixel
Hey guys ! Do you know the waiting time for Mirai ? I'm on the waiting list since the beginning of november.

(I hope it's the good thread to ask that ^^)

Did you order already or just waiting to order?

I would check the smartdoll twitter, seems to be updated the most often. That's how I found out about the pre-order period when I got my Mirai

https://twitter.com/MiraiRobotics

Youpla

I just sent a reservation form... I haven't paid

I will check the twitter ! thank you

How long did you wait in total ?

jadepixel

Well, they may be doing things a bit different now. I saw on Twitter they were starting a new order period, so I commented on the webpage where this news was announced (on Danny's website) and a few days later I got an email with the URL for the order form. They were probably trying to avoid a huge flood of orders by keeping the form private.

Youpla

oooh ok ! I just sent a reservation form on the smartdoll website -> buy now. They sent me a mail :

"Thank you for reserving Mirai!

It could take quite a few weeks until I get back to you and depends on how many other folks there are in front of you in the queue.

Danny"

I will wait ^^

Youpla

I'm so happy ! I got the mail and my Mirai should be ship between the 15th and the 26th december !

Hiiiiii !

Eiko82

That's great news. I just ordered a short Mirai wig.

Danny said that he'll be offering the air stand, optional hands and extra clothing in January. Can't wait to order the air stand and hands.