Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Mirai SmartDoll Info thread (UPDATED)

Error-Chan

How customizable is the order system form Danny may I ask. I want to get the Guy once he is out and so on but I wondered if possible I could get in contact and custom my order so not to have a face-up on the head or to take out unneeded items like wig and the accessories I wont need. being UK postage of un wanted items could save even a little on my postage. I know being not the biggest company atm and working super hard to get the dolls out full and ready is his job but if I didn't have them I really would not miss them.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Eiko82

But none of these are going to be one time things so if you don't get the cargo pants or shirts or shoes now, you *should* be able to get them later on and at a possible lower price to boot.

As for the hands, Danny told me those should be ready for sale next month sometime, possibly mid to late Feb if things go as planned. I'm really looking forward to those.

Yeah, that's one thing I really like about Smartdolls. None of the items are limited 'must buy now or miss your chance forever' editions. So there is less pressure to buy everything as soon as it's released.

I hope that Danny will release the hands soon. When I spoke to him in Oct, he said that he'd most likely release them in a pack that includes all of them.

How customizable is the order system form Danny may I ask. I want to get the Guy once he is out and so on but I wondered if possible I could get in contact and custom my order so not to have a face-up on the head or to take out unneeded items like wig and the accessories I wont need. being UK postage of un wanted items could save even a little on my postage. I know being not the biggest company atm and working super hard to get the dolls out full and ready is his job but if I didn't have them I really would not miss them.

I think the only person who can answer that is Danny Choo. As far as I know, orders aren't customizable but you could always ask him about it.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Error-Chan

I think the only person who can answer that is Danny Choo. As far as I know, orders aren't customizable but you could always ask him about it.

Indeed I thought so. What the best way to get in contact (such a noob thing to ask XD). I have never contacted someone from Danny's company before.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

idiolect

I have a few questions.

1. I heard he's planning to release the inner frame alone, is this right or was it about Clear Mirai?

2. Did he ever mention if he's planning to release other skin colors, or no word on it?

Cauldroness

The inner frame's already been released. It's separate from Clear Mirai, which has also already been released.

Not sure about the skin colors, though.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

idiolect
The inner frame's already been released. It's separate from Clear Mirai, which has also already been released.
The site only has a preorder form for Clear Mirai though (and normal one and Kizuna, but this goes without saying).

Cauldroness

If you sign up for a pre-order, or if you've already purchased a Mirai, Danny sends you a password every time the shop opens for orders.

When the shop opens, you can login and see both the Inner Frame and Clear Mirai for sale.

miraistore_zps0160eb0c.jpg

Basically, you just need to sign up for a pre-order so you can get shop access. Once you have access to the shop, you can buy any of the available items, regardless of which pre-order you actually signed up for.

idiolect
If you sign up for a pre-order, or if you've already purchased a Mirai, Danny sends you a password every time the shop opens for orders.

When the shop opens, you can login and see both the Inner Frame and Clear Mirai for sale.

miraistore_zps0160eb0c.jpg

Basically, you just need to sign up for a pre-order so you can get shop access. Once you have access to the shop, you can buy any of the available items, regardless of which pre-order you actually signed up for.

I see, thanks. I wonder why he choose to do it this way instead of making the shop public and simply closing sales when he's not selling.

Mysha

Did anyone pay for the smart doll via transfer (not paypal)? I wonder whether Danny accepts payments in BEN, OUR or SHA option.

I wonder why he choose to do it this way instead of making the shop public and simply closing sales when he's not selling.

I think the same way. I guess it can be related to changes in prices in every bunch.

Additionally, I think it would be nice to be able to customize a doll a bit - select normal or short wig, select one casual outfit out of jeans and shirt, school uniform, hippie outfit or even a hajib (after all it is casual outfit for some people). As he sends dolls in their birthday suit, it would make almost no difference what accessories are put into the box.

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/

Cauldroness

My guess is that he keeps the shop password protected so that he can selectively open it to different batches of customers at different times. Let's say he's releasing a new batch of clothing, and wants the clothing to be available to Smart Doll owners before making it available to the general public. So he sends a password to people who have already purchased Smart Dolls, and maybe a week later he sends the password to everyone else. He's also said he's prioritizing non-Japanese customers; this way he can send the password to everyone outside of Japan a week before it goes to Japanese customers.

And I would also guess that he doesn't offer customized dolls because it would be extremely labor-intensive and also put strains on his inventory management. As he scales up his operation, it might be something he can accommodate, but in these smaller, beginning stages, it's easiest for him to just standardize things (similar to the way you can't customize DDs: you either pre-order the complete Ranka set or nothing at all; there's no ordering a nude Ranka without a face-up).

guyngames

Luckily I was able to pick up a few items for my Mirai- specifically the air stand, cargo pants, long sleeve top and canvas shoes. I think the best part of the Mirai items is how well they are made. It's wonderful to have Volks as a staple but I must admit the quality of Danny Choo's items is simply charming. If any one else is thinking of splurging I can only give my full endorsement.

I feel the same way about Mirai as well- there's a lot of love in his products and I have so much respect for that.

Mysha

Do you know whether PayPal is the *only* way of payment? Isn't regular transfer possible?

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/

Cauldroness

For the time being, PayPal seems to be the only accepted method of payment.

KonekoHime

This Info really helped

im sorta planning on buying a Mirai

cos she's sooo pretty~

but...was wondering, are they more posable wise than that of DD's?

signatureboard2_zps12fb1166.png

Nyako (Dollfie Dream Sister) ❀✿❀✿ Kotori (Mini Dollfie Dream) ❀✿❀✿ Saika (Dollfie Dream)

Cauldroness

Yes and no!

Smart Doll has a unique wrist joint that has 3 axes (DD wrists only have 2), so you can get better hand poses. However, Smart Doll legs can only do a 90-degree bend, whereas DD can do more than 90 degrees.

Cauldroness

The store is open again for Smart Doll owners!

Only one new item this time, the painted large bust at 10,000 yen (an unpainted bust is currently 4,500 yen).

There are also human-sized tee shirts featuring Mirai, Kizuna, and Chitose for 3,000 yen each. They're available in S, M, L, and XL. From the measurements, it looks like the use men's sizing, so just an FYI for any ladies looking to order to double-check the measurements.

Hopefully Chitose will be the next girl released... and mayhaps she'll have a new head mold!

KonekoHime

i was kinda excited about the male release soooo yeah O.O

not sure if i'll ever get a girl or the guy from danny's XD

signatureboard2_zps12fb1166.png

Nyako (Dollfie Dream Sister) ❀✿❀✿ Kotori (Mini Dollfie Dream) ❀✿❀✿ Saika (Dollfie Dream)

Skaf
Hopefully Chitose will be the next girl released... and mayhaps she'll have a new head mold!

I'm really hoping for a new mold. They did a great job with the faceup in making Kizuna look unique but having three dolls representing three different characters and have them all use the same mold seems a bit silly.

Sariachan

I'm really hoping for a new mold. They did a great job with the faceup in making Kizuna look unique but having three dolls representing three different characters and have them all use the same mold seems a bit silly.

Same thing here. I was really put off buying Kizuna because she shares the same face mould as Mirai, but hopefully by the time they get to Chitose they'll have the budget to do something different. Seeing as Danny wants to release the male SD before her, it might actually happen.

bababaloo

If the postal service do their job right I should receive Kizuna tomorrow

I can't hardly wait to discover my first Smart Doll.

PS/ I also hope that the shop will reopen soon because I forgot to order her the L bust...

deadlegato

I've been trying to find this without info- does anyone know how Smart Doll feels about hybrids? I know they're always asking people to send pics of their Smart Dolls doing thing, but mine is a Smart Doll/Volks hybrid so I don't know if they'd be interested.

My clear Smart Doll body drummed up a LOT of interest at the latest meet from people who had never heard of the company though.

baldylox
I've been trying to find this without info- does anyone know how Smart Doll feels about hybrids? I know they're always asking people to send pics of their Smart Dolls doing thing, but mine is a Smart Doll/Volks hybrid so I don't know if they'd be interested.

I'd ask Danny himself what he thinks. Personally I think he'd be happy to see what people are doing to modify his creations. I know I would be all about seeing how something I made was making people happy and knowing that what I designed has sparked others creative flow to make something different and possibly even better/cooler. Email him some pics or post some on Twitter and add the tags @Danny Choo or #Smartdoll and he'll see them as well as anyone who follows those accounts.

I'm interested in seeing what you've done, care to share any pics here?

My clear Smart Doll body drummed up a LOT of interest at the latest meet from people who had never heard of the company though.

Oh I bet it did! I want to get just the Mirai Frame itself to build and have at meets so people can see it. I find it extremely cool and interesting and I know others would too.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

deadlegato

Gonna drop a link for this one since she's nekky and it's NSFW:

http://deadlegato.tumblr.com/post/111821857897/idk-how-this-stuff-happens-but-it-does-oh-right-i

Saber Alter V2 head.

She's flying around on her air stand naked cuz I got requests to see her without clothes. Lol. Our meets are in public places and someone with kids wandered in and I was like "oops" but the mom was like "oh that is so cool to see what the doll looks like inside, look at that!" so she wasn't offended. Phew.

I built a neck adapter for her by gluing a silicone washer I stole out of a hujoo to her neck opening. The hujoo washer has a smaller opening so her head doesn't bob around.

I tried just using hot glue to make the hole smaller like I do when adapting Obitsu to DD bodies but the glue kept cracking off.

Yaisha

The clear SmartDoll looks really cool, thanks for posting!

I just got on the waiting list for Mirai several days ago, I'm so excited!

I wonder how long I'll have to wait...